PDA

View Full Version : free dining plan

jonahbear2006
07-10-2008, 04:00 PM
I know that the free dining plan is non transferrable to reservation changes and I also understand that the offer is no longer available but I am wondering, if I requested to stay one more night and check out on the 9th instead of the 8th, would I get the extra night on the dining plan, or would this not be offered to us now that we already have our reservations?

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
07-10-2008, 05:07 PM
You're always able to add days - even with the free dining plan.

sillydisneymommy
07-10-2008, 05:23 PM
We have been dealing with this ourselves, and I just wanted to add that you can add days to your free dining package, but ONLY IF THERE IS AVAILABILITY. They only set aside a certain number of rooms at each resort for free dining, so if all of the "free dining rooms" are booked during your time frame, then you would not be able to add a day unless someone else with free dining cancels for the same night that you are trying to book.

jonahbear2006
07-11-2008, 01:13 AM
bummer, well, since we are looking at getting to a park at 745 am and then being at the parks till 11-midnight, I really dont think i will want to try to check out this day, it sounds like, not a vacation to me.I think I will call them tomorrow though and ask. They have rooms available at the beach club for that night so I will cross my fingers that they have a free dining plan room left, pray, sleep on it, throw some salt over my left shoulder. I guess I could book a night at the campground and toss my tent up last min. haha. boy that doesnt sound like a pain at all. hahaha

jonahbear2006
07-12-2008, 04:34 AM
DH called today and came back into the room smiling so It was obvious that we got our extra day added on without a problem! I am Stoked! Yay, no rushing out of Disney after a long day at the parks!!!

sillydisneymommy
07-12-2008, 06:05 PM
Congratulations to you! That is wonderful that you had such luck.:thumbsup: We have been trying every day for the last 3 weeks or so to add a day with no luck, keep your fingers crossed for us and have a great trip!

jonahbear2006
07-12-2008, 06:09 PM
I will cross my fingers and toes! Hope it pulls through for you. Have a great trip as well.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-13-2008, 12:55 AM
I'm glad you got your extra night. We were going to fly home on a Saturday but the airfare was cheaper if we fly home on Sunday. That FORCED us to stay an extra day too. What a hardship!

jonahbear2006
07-13-2008, 01:10 AM
haha, yes such a hardship! I am convinced that they set their emh so that you stay all week and get at least 5 day hopper passes, in order to actually bank on the emh.haha. nice work Disney. bonuses for everyone in business design!