PDA

View Full Version : DDP tips--cash or room charge?

madandmaksmom
07-10-2008, 03:50 PM
We will be on the DDP on our trip next week. This is our first trip since gratuity is no longer included on the plan. Can you charge tips at restaurants to your room, or leave cash only? I am trying to determine how much cash on hand we will need each day. Thanks!

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-10-2008, 04:38 PM
It is your choice, they will accept either, but we found it easier to leave cash, since there were times that the server would ask how much we wanted to charge to our rooms for the tip, since they can't create a charge slip without anything on it.

If DH had a beer or something, then it wasn't so bad, we just added the tip to the room charge for the beer, but if everything we had was covered by the DDP, we had to tell the server how much we wanted to leave to charge it to the room.

Young@Heart
07-10-2008, 04:50 PM
We figure we'll just leave cash. It just seems easier that way. We're planning on letting our server know upfront, so there's no confusion during our meal. :mickey:

bkfree
07-10-2008, 05:48 PM
I am figuring our average price for dinner will be about $80 to $100 give or take counting drinks.
So I am figuring $15 to $18 per dinner for tip. I will round it off to $20 times 7 TS meals that will require a tip so I will take an envelope with $140 cash just for tips throughout the week.

dolphinmickey9170
07-10-2008, 09:16 PM
We ordered items that weren't included on our TS credit, so we just charged the meal/drink/tip to the room. Very convenient as they print the suggested tip amounts on the bottom of your check. Who wants to do math when you are on vacation?

Have a great time.:mickey:

BelleLovesTheBeast
07-11-2008, 11:57 AM
It is your choice, they will accept either, but we found it easier to leave cash, since there were times that the server would ask how much we wanted to charge to our rooms for the tip, since they can't create a charge slip without anything on it.

It would be smart for Disney to have receipts for those using the DDP that have a place for you to write the tip amount. Them asking seems like it would be a little awkward for both the server and the guest.

I plan on charging mine. I have a Disney Visa and by the end of our trip that will probably add up to a Disney Dollar or two.