PDA

View Full Version : Scary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOThater
07-10-2008, 03:01 PM
Me and My fam went on The River ride in asia we were having fun and then tihs guy next to my grandpa Started yelling and saying Snake my grandma tried to take her seatbell off and swim away then grandpa grabed the the snake and flung it in to the water then when we got off we toolds some peopel that work there they just toook it as a joke

RBrooksC
07-10-2008, 03:34 PM
Well, even if they did believe you, there isn't much they could do at that point. The snake is gone.

Von-Drake
07-10-2008, 03:43 PM
:jaw: I am glad my wife never reads this forum. She would never get on this ride again... er... ever.

wire0monkey
07-10-2008, 03:47 PM
Poor snake...

all those tourists, yelling at him and flinging him around.

Imagineer1981
07-10-2008, 03:53 PM
Wow

disneydrmr
07-10-2008, 04:10 PM
Poor snake...

all those tourists, yelling at him and flinging him around.

:funny: yeah.. that poor snake came to Disney for his vacation and did he get a touch of Disney magic?.. Nooooooo..... :D

SBETigg
07-10-2008, 04:12 PM
Your grandma tried to take her seatbelt off and swim away? Seriously? Did she not think there would be more danger in jumping in to the waters of a moving attraction? And no one noticed this before the ride started moving? Are you having a joke with us? :)

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
07-10-2008, 04:17 PM
:funny: yeah.. that poor snake came to Disney for his vacation and did he get a touch of Disney magic?.. Nooooooo..... :D

Poor old Kaa. So misunderstood :(

;)

Chris :hatter:

A Foolish Mortal
07-10-2008, 04:55 PM
Poor old Kaa. So misunderstood

No kidding. It was probably one of those new robots of Disney characters that Disney makes that walk around on their own, and they mistook it for a real snake... that probably just cost Disney about 2 mil. That would stink...

Young@Heart
07-10-2008, 05:01 PM
Hmmm.....wonder what kind of snake this was?

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
07-10-2008, 05:12 PM

Watch The Jungle Book to find out! :D

Chris :hatter:

TheRustyScupper
07-10-2008, 05:18 PM

Since it is Florida, it has to be one of these
. . . a poisonous
. . . a non-poisonous
. . . a inthegrass
. . . a politician

NOTE: Of course, when viewed, the last two on the list look strangely the same.

crazypoohbear
07-10-2008, 05:19 PM
that poor snake is probably alligator bait now :mickey:

disneydeb
07-10-2008, 06:15 PM
. . . a poisonous
. . . a non-poisonous
. . . a inthegrass
. . . a politician

What !? no numbers!:D

IamBelle
07-10-2008, 06:32 PM
What ride was this?!

MuchLovedMama
07-10-2008, 06:36 PM

LOL! Too funny!

MuchLovedMama
07-10-2008, 06:37 PM
What ride was this?!

I'm guessing Kali River Rapids

tinkerbelle75
07-10-2008, 06:40 PM

:high5::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: OMG those were my thoughts exactly!!

krorx
07-10-2008, 06:54 PM
Yikes! That is terrifying.

TOThater
07-10-2008, 07:40 PM

It was 18' long and black and red

disneydrmr
07-10-2008, 07:42 PM
. . . a poisonous
. . . a non-poisonous
. . . a inthegrass
. . . a politician

:funny:

that poor snake is probably alligator bait now :mickey:

Oh great! Now not only do we have to watch out for snakes on the rides.. but alligators too? Are they allowed to make ADRs at 180 days also? :D

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-10-2008, 09:13 PM
yep Rusty Scupper-snake in the grass, Politician-who can tell the diff.
Still if this really happened I would have been scared spitless!

disneydeb
07-10-2008, 09:43 PM

Eighteen Feet Long!!!!:faint:

TOThater
07-10-2008, 10:07 PM
Sorry I mean 18"

VolMickey
07-10-2008, 10:13 PM
:hide2: Somebody tell me when the snake is gone... :help:

Main Street Jim
07-10-2008, 10:42 PM
Eighteen inches long...and black and red?? Sounds like the description of a very poisonous coral or king coral snake, if I remember my Florida snakes correctly....sorry, but I just can't picture Grandma jumping off a moving raft into a "river" with other moving rafts, along with someone just picking this thing up and "flinging it". And no one noticed this "snake" *in the raft* before it left the load area? And the Cast thought it was funny...?? Sorry, but if it were my attraction, I'd let a manager and a coordinator know RIGHT AWAY, along with calling Animal Control...

WDWdriver
07-10-2008, 11:06 PM
I am a CM at Kali. And yes, it is not unusual for us to send out a raft with 12 passengers and have it come back with 13. The most common stowaways are frogs and dragonflys, which can freak out the other riders. But a snake would be most unusual. And as Main Street Jim said, the CMs would not take it lightly. We have a coordinator stationed in the unload area at all times who would have looked into the incident.

There are only three poisonous snakes commonly found in Florida, and only one of them swims. That would be the water moccasin. From the description given, the snake in question was definitely not a water moccasin. If the incident is indeed true, it was most likely a harmless black snake.

Just another reminder that you often get more adventure than you bargained for at Disney's Animal Kingdom.

DDuck66
07-11-2008, 10:43 AM
:high5::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: OMG those were my thoughts exactly!!

1. Numbers are not always needed...
2. You can make a point with bullets instead.
3. Quit picking on Rusty!!!
LOL... Too funny.

beksy
07-11-2008, 12:47 PM
Yikes! That is terrifying.

Which is scarier though? A snake on a ride or Rusty not using numbers? I'm shocked by both! ;)

mdhiggin
07-11-2008, 02:03 PM
I believe both king snakes and coral snakes have red, black and yellow markings. The king snake is not venomous and is much larger than a coral snake. The rhyme goes:
Red to black,
Friend of Jack
Red to yellow,
Kill a fellow
At 18", it's more likely a king snake. Coral snakes are venomous, but there mouths are so small they have trouble biting people.

My husband calls me Cliff Claven because of all the random facts I talk about.

big blue and hairy
07-11-2008, 02:24 PM
:funny:

thrillme
07-11-2008, 02:30 PM
How like totally COOL!:cool:

Don't want Grandma jumping off but still way cool. Grandpa the Crocodile Hunter.

I don't want a poisonous snake but having a that sorta excitment in the raft would be something my boy would talk about for YEARS to come. I might even have to risk ruining my camera for that one.

PrincessTracie
07-11-2008, 02:50 PM
When we were at Typhoon Lagoon last Sept. we were getting out of the pool where the slides dump you into and the lifeguards were telling everyone to get out asap! Apparently there was a snake in the pool! I saw him as they were getting him out. Nasty little thing!! And to think I was in there at the same time he was!! :shake:

luvdiznee
07-11-2008, 03:04 PM
Not sure which would have been worse, seeing G'ma trying to jump off a moving ride or a snake...Hope all's well...:mickey:

Goes4FastPass
07-11-2008, 03:07 PM
Welcome to Central Florida!

That alligator following you down the street isn't the latest thing in audio-animatronics. He isn't a cast member either.

gmgdisneymom
07-11-2008, 08:52 PM
Alligators I can deal with, snakes push me over the edge

Minnie Imagineer
07-11-2008, 09:28 PM
that is terrifying!!! I am so afraid of snakes! I would most likely do the same thing your g'ma did! seriously!
:hide2:

garymacd
07-11-2008, 09:35 PM

"I am sick and tired of these gosh darn snakes on this gosh darn ride!" Well, you can't quote Sam L. Jackson directly, can you?

Rusty: Are politicians poisonous or non-poisonous?

indytraveler
07-11-2008, 09:41 PM
[QUOTE=PrincessTracie;1684812]When we were at Typhoon Lagoon last Sept. we were getting out of the pool where the slides dump you into and the lifeguards were telling everyone to get out asap! QUOTE]

Sis in-law worked there several years ago college program. 1st day on job! a senior lifeguard showing her the ropes had her get a small black snake out of lazy river. used her kick board and it wasn't going so well so a little boy around 8 pick it out of water and asked the CM (lifeguard) where to put it. This is common. and it wasn't the only time this happened that summer either.

TheRustyScupper
07-12-2008, 09:39 AM

1) I
2) am
3) sorry.
4) Hope
5) this
6) makes
7) up
8) for
9) it.

PetefromRI
07-12-2008, 10:13 AM
Rusty,
Don't ever change!Your awesome.

Young@Heart
07-12-2008, 12:50 PM
First Kali River Rapids, now the waterparks.
All I can say is....ewwwwww!

big blue and hairy
07-12-2008, 01:56 PM
Alligators I can deal with, snakes push me over the edge I'd rather take my chances with most snakes that an Aligator. Most snakes don't look at you and think...ooo lunch!

:sulley:

Magic Smiles
07-12-2008, 10:45 PM
It is a good thing that I won't be going back to Disney for a few years now. Hopefully I will have forgotten about the snakes by then. I would so freak out that all of Disney would probably hear me. Personally I would probably handle an alligator better than a snake. Just thinking about it I am getting shivers sitting here.:scared:

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-13-2008, 01:54 PM
: Could manage to get rid of a snake, but gators...

jszczur5
07-14-2008, 07:48 PM
1. Numbers are not always needed...
2. You can make a point with bullets instead.
3. Quit picking on Rusty!!!
LOL... Too funny.

Yeah, but it's easier to read with the numbers. Besides, Rusty has trained us well. I think maybe it was an imposter. (I also think the snake was fake).

TINKERBELL_82
07-14-2008, 08:07 PM
Welcome to Central Florida!

That alligator following you down the street isn't the latest thing in audio-animatronics. He isn't a cast member either.

:funny: So funny you should say that- I saw a gator a couple years back in the water by thunder mountain, and totally thought it was fake...until it swam away!!:eek:

Yes, I'm blonde...:razz:

murphy1
07-14-2008, 08:20 PM
I hate the seagulls more! We used to have water moccasins around our yard all the time, they will squeeze the heck out of you.
Rusty, some of my profs at school in Florida became politicians, I always knew they were snakes :D

huzzah4
07-15-2008, 02:00 PM

It was 18 feet long!?!?!? I find this a little difficult to believe, especially if you were able to grab it and fling it out of the boat.

KAJUNKING
07-15-2008, 04:12 PM

very funny!!!!!!!!!!!

wonderalice23
07-15-2008, 07:17 PM
Had it been a non-venemous one - and I was there, I may have attempted to bring it home as a souvenir! I love snakes!!!!!:thumbsup:

sainter
07-15-2008, 08:21 PM
1) I
2) am
3) sorry.
4) Hope
5) this
6) makes
7) up
8) for
9) it.

Well, I'm not sure-- a lot of regular readers were traumatized by this lapse.....

WriteDisney
07-16-2008, 03:31 PM
I am a CM at Kali. And yes, it is not unusual for us to send out a raft with 12 passengers and have it come back with 13. The most common stowaways are frogs and dragonflys, which can freak out the other riders. But a snake would be most unusual. And as Main Street Jim said, the CMs would not take it lightly. We have a coordinator stationed in the unload area at all times who would have looked into the incident.

There are only three poisonous snakes commonly found in Florida, and only one of them swims. That would be the water moccasin. From the description given, the snake in question was definitely not a water moccasin. If the incident is indeed true, it was most likely a harmless black snake.

Just another reminder that you often get more adventure than you bargained for at Disney's Animal Kingdom.

Wow great post! I didn't know any of those things.. I'm a little afraid to go on Kali.. but at least well informed :thumbsup:

homeschool mom
07-16-2008, 04:31 PM
So funny you should say that- I saw a gator a couple years back in the water by thunder mountain, and totally thought it was fake...until it swam away!!

When we were there a couple of years ago, a CM working in the candy store right by Pecos Bill's told us they occasionally get an alligator in the water right around Tom Sawyer island. They remove it, and it comes back. Seems it likes the birds there.

DisneyDog
07-17-2008, 01:16 PM
I think this is the funniest post I've EVER read on Intercot. You guys are all so great:mickey:

dixielandings
07-17-2008, 05:39 PM
I was totally thinking the OP was having fun at our expense until I remembered that last year, we saw a snake on the rock wall in Lib Sq, near the riverboat landing. The wall lines the walking path that goes down by the water - it was RIGHT THERE! Sorta freaked me out.

THEN, on our first stay at SS, we were crossing the big bridge and saw a couple staring into the water. We were curious, naturally, so we looked - ALLIGATOR in the water. No fence or anything to keep him away from guests, or ducks or swans. "Just a baby" the guy said. I said, "He still has TEETH, though, right?":bolt: :gator:

WDWFREAK101
07-19-2008, 09:53 PM
Wow. I'm going to need a night light to go to sleep tonight. :jaw:

disneydeb
07-19-2008, 10:02 PM
1) I
2) am
3) sorry.
4) Hope
5) this
6) makes
7) up
8) for
9) it.

You are precious!:thumbsup:

TOThater
07-21-2008, 06:16 PM
It was 18 feet long!?!?!? I find this a little difficult to believe, especially if you were able to grab it and fling it out of the boat.

If you really Read the post you will know that I fix That

PopDivaPaige
07-23-2008, 10:52 AM

ROFL you are so right! Kaa is never appreciated these days!:funny:

But I'm totally not telling my grandma about this because she is teriffied of snakes. Even if we have a toy snake (the kind that slides down the wall and sticks to it, like those little sticky hand things) she insists not to come near it. I'm not too afraid of snakes considering I pet one in pre-K.:funny:

But yeah, that's a little scary. But are you sure it wasn't part of the attraction? I heard there are supposed to be animals and stuff like that on it.
:jaw::jaw::jaw:

MushuGrl
07-23-2008, 10:55 AM
LOL@GaryMac!

Next up on The Disney Channel: "Snakes on a Raft".

Rusty, you just rawk hard, my friend.

#1disneyfan
07-23-2008, 12:10 PM
Next up on The Disney Channel: "Snakes on a Raft".

LOL :rotfl:

this post is too funny! but i seriously hope that i don't see any snakes on my upcoming trip! i will stick to those little lizards.

PopDivaPaige
07-23-2008, 01:11 PM
yeah. I'd much rather stay with Mushu! :thumbsup:

WDWFREAK101
09-11-2008, 04:47 PM
Where's Indy when you need him?

prttynpnk
09-11-2008, 04:54 PM
Do you think it used the single rider line?

pink
09-11-2008, 06:09 PM
I never liked going on this ride because I get too wet, now I have a real excuse SNAKES!

That would definitley freak me out but I wouldn't just out of the ride. I think seeing an alligator swimming down the ride might scare me more than a snake. :mickey:

WDWFREAK101
09-11-2008, 08:28 PM
Do you think it used the single rider line?

:D I couldn't stop laughing at that!

hnybear22
09-12-2008, 12:12 AM
When we were at Pop last Sept we were going from the 70's building to the main hall- up ahead was a long black snake going from one clump of bushes across the sidewalk into another clump-
I think I set a world record for bench climbing and the loudest scream- it took my husband abouth 10 min. to get me to come down-I HATE SNAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We leave in 7 days for another stay at Pop- I will be the one walking through the resort with her head down scanning for snakes on the sidewalk!!

ariel326
09-12-2008, 08:18 AM
When we were there a couple of years ago, a CM working in the candy store right by Pecos Bill's told us they occasionally get an alligator in the water right around Tom Sawyer island. They remove it, and it comes back. Seems it likes the birds there.

I've seen a gator here several times. Look in the water behind the stand where they sell turkey legs and maybe you'll see one. :gator: Maybe he escaped from Peter Pan's Flight!!

ThunderChunky21
09-12-2008, 08:28 AM
I think this sounds like a promotion for the new Disney film "Snakes on A Raft".

Airblue1
09-12-2008, 11:09 AM
It is the animal's kingdom?

MushuGrl
09-12-2008, 11:11 AM
After reading Kingdom Keepers II I have decided...it's an Overtaker.

Cinderelley
09-12-2008, 11:49 AM
THEN, on our first stay at SS, we were crossing the big bridge and saw a couple staring into the water. We were curious, naturally, so we looked - ALLIGATOR in the water. No fence or anything to keep him away from guests, or ducks or swans. "Just a baby" the guy said. I said, "He still has TEETH, though, right?":bolt: :gator:

Okay, this just cracks me up that you have your little guy running into the alligator's mouth. :D

goofysbabe
09-12-2008, 03:33 PM
If this grandma really jumped out of the raft, wouldn't we have heard something about it on the news?? It seems that every little thing that happens at Disney makes the news. I just find it hard to believe an elderly women jumps from a moving ride at Disney into water no less with rafts coming at her and nothing on the news - seems :fish:to me!

pink
09-13-2008, 10:24 AM
I think this sounds like a promotion for the new Disney film "Snakes on A Raft".

Haha, this is the best thread. :mickey:

Renfairwedding
09-15-2008, 03:53 PM
I think this may be a rough draft update for the Disney site....... :secret:

Kali River RapidsŪ

Raft down the turbulent waters of the Chakranadi River aboard a 12-passenger raft through an enchanting Asian rain forest. Battle Snakes! as a blazing inferno rushes toward you! Escape down a rushing waterfall! Beware of gushing geysers! Get set to get wet!

Category: Mild But Wild Thrills
Land : Asia

Height Requirement: 38" (95 cm) or taller

Snake Min length 18' long :mickey:

This attraction interacts with
Pal Mickey. This attraction has FASTPASS.

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
09-15-2008, 04:06 PM
On the snakes theme....

When we were there in July, something a little similar, but much more tame happened to us. We were at Downtown Disney, my wife and I were walking and pushing our daughter in her stroller on the way back to the resort bus station.

We were on the sidewalk that goes from the fountain/place where you can pose for a Christmas picture, and a snake came across the sidewalk from one side to the other.

It was what we call in Alabama a black racer, maybe two feet long. It all happened so quickly, my wife was sort of taken back. She said "was that a REAL snake??"

hehehe!
Yup, it was the real thing, but just a harmless old black racer, no biggie.

WDWFREAK101
09-15-2008, 04:30 PM
Well let's see.... What did the Japaneese do when a horrifying reptile attacked THEIR city? :wait:

BigRedDad
09-15-2008, 04:49 PM

If this is accurate, I don't know of any red/black snakes in FL. If it was a brownish-red color, it may be a Southeastern Water Snake. They eat frogs and are non-poisonous. If it is a true red color, then the only thing I know close to this would have yellow also which would make it a Coral Snake, very very poisonous.

09-15-2008, 05:24 PM
When we were at Pop last Sept we were going from the 70's building to the main hall- up ahead was a long black snake going from one clump of bushes across the sidewalk into another clump-
I think I set a world record for bench climbing and the loudest scream- it took my husband abouth 10 min. to get me to come down-I HATE SNAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We leave in 7 days for another stay at Pop- I will be the one walking through the resort with her head down scanning for snakes on the sidewalk!!

You're not my wife, are you? :haha:
Just kidding. I'd just read your post after I hit Reply on mine. Seems we had very similar experiences with those black snakes.

SAHDad
09-15-2008, 08:25 PM
If this is accurate, I don't know of any red/black snakes in FL. If it was a brownish-red color, it may be a Southeastern Water Snake. They eat frogs and are non-poisonous. If it is a true red color, then the only thing I know close to this would have yellow also which would make it a Coral Snake, very very poisonous.
Kingsnakes can also have black, red and yellow coloration. If you can't remember the rhyme (red on yellow, kill a fellow), just err on the side of caution and assume it is poisonous.

countrycharmer
09-15-2008, 09:13 PM
This is creeping me out... my girls have been talking about their wanting to go on this, but now I'm not so sure about it....

09-15-2008, 10:01 PM
Not to disrespect the OP here, but I'm not sure it's been established if this was a real snake or a prop yet.

To the OP, was this snake actually moving on its own power? Was it a live snake?

CaptSmee
09-15-2008, 10:08 PM
This post is hysterical! Good stuff!

Cinderelley
09-16-2008, 11:31 AM
This is creeping me out... my girls have been talking about their wanting to go on this, but now I'm not so sure about it....

You should go on it. It's a great ride. Just give the raft a quick look before you get in You can see everything while standing on the platform.

We've been on it numerous times without any hitchhikers. :hmghost:

BigRedDad
09-16-2008, 11:45 AM
Kingsnakes can also have black, red and yellow coloration. If you can't remember the rhyme (red on yellow, kill a fellow), just err on the side of caution and assume it is poisonous.

You're right. How dumb of it was me to forget the Coral Snakes screwed up twin.

PS> The Scarlet King Snake is non-poisonous.

SAHDad
09-16-2008, 11:46 AM
You're right. How dumb of it was me to forget the Coral Snakes screwed up twin.

PS> The Scarlet King Snake is non-poisonous.
Yeah. I thought I had mentioned that in my post, but I see that it is not there.