PDA

View Full Version : Pop Century

kane77
07-10-2008, 10:01 AM
Hi Folks - wanted to seek advice on which area to request a room in at Pop Century, we are going late Nov for a fortnight and would lie to be near car, food court and a pool! Is this possible?

Thanks,

Andrew:thumbsup:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-10-2008, 10:18 AM
60's will put you closest to all of that. 70's is to the left a bit and the 50's is a short walk, but much closer than the 80's and 90's.

90's has it's own pool, as does the 50's. Both are also close to parking. The 60's is the main area by the main pool and lobby but the parking lot is on the other side of the lobby and across the street. You'd have too cut through the lobby and run across the street to get to the car. This is also where the buses are, so 60's would be closest, again, with 70's being not too far.

tinklover
07-10-2008, 10:19 AM
We just recently stayed in teh 60s building it was close to the hippy dippy pool and the food court but the car not so much. but then again we did not use teh car the entire time we wer ethere we used disney transportation. the parking lot is not to terribly far from the 60s building though. here (http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/maps/images/popcentury07.jpg) is a map of the property.

Young@Heart
07-10-2008, 12:58 PM
We liked the 60's. It was a little bit of a walk to the parking lot, and we drove the entire time we were there. But we were close to the foodcourt and the pool, and felt like we were in the heart of the resort. :cloud9:

Tinkerbella16
07-10-2008, 01:06 PM
Both times we've stayed at Pop our rooms were in the 50's Building. We love that section. It isn't too far from the foodcourt, the parking lot is right next to it, they have their own bowling pin pool. We walked around the resort a bit and found that the 80's and 90's sections were pretty far from everything.

Pop Centurion
07-10-2008, 05:16 PM
Both times we've stayed at Pop our rooms were in the 50's Building. We love that section. It isn't too far from the foodcourt, the parking lot is right next to it, they have their own bowling pin pool. We walked around the resort a bit and found that the 80's and 90's sections were pretty far from everything.I agree about the 50's building. That's what we request now. The 90's isn't too bad if you get a room on the end closest to the parking lot that sits between it and the food court. We stayed there one year and thought it would be a far walk but realized it's just a short walk if you cut across the parking lot and enter the food court from the front where the bus stops are.

Daisy'sMom
07-10-2008, 06:09 PM
We love the 50 building. Is it me or is there something about POP that you just can't help but love. We have stayed in just about every resort with the exception of Fort Wilderness Cabins and we continue to go back to POP now. :mickey:

megustamex
07-11-2008, 12:02 AM
Just keep in mind that any rooms facing any of the pools can be LOUD at night. The pools are open until midnight and people are often out that late or later walking around, talking (screaming!). I've had a pool view room twice at Pop and had to switch both times due to noise. I'd rather walk a little farther and sleep soundly.

JerseyDad
07-11-2008, 09:54 AM
Just keep in mind that any rooms facing any of the pools can be LOUD at night. The pools are open until midnight and people are often out that late or later walking around, talking (screaming!). I've had a pool view room twice at Pop and had to switch both times due to noise. I'd rather walk a little farther and sleep soundly.

...but that's the CHARM of family resorts!! Right!! ;)

....actually...we always have requested 1st floor / poolside in the 60's Buildings. I've not found it to be "really" loud...to the point where I'd give up the convenience of a short walk to the pool or food court. Last time at POP we had the corner room (can't recall Rm #?)...in the 60's Building...right next to the Play-Doh can. Loved it!!

MickeyChick
07-11-2008, 12:37 PM
We paid for a preferred room this past January and were on the first floor (soooo great with my stroller) on the corner of the 50s building with Tramp. I can't remember the number of the room, but the location was FABULOUS. It was a 30 second walk to Classic Hall and the Hippy Dippy Pool but not loud at all.

Wait, I have a scan of a POP map (http://s259.photobucket.com/albums/hh289/purplejuli/?action=view&current=PopCenturyMap.jpg)

We were in the room on the left corner of the building marked 3103- 3472

forbella
07-11-2008, 04:20 PM
We do the 60's/70's location each year we've been and we have enjoyed the location each time due to proximity of the eating area, shopping area and more importantly- the bus pick up and stop area! Have a wonderful trip!!:mickey: