PDA

View Full Version : Just Questions: Sanitized for Your Protection

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

Dsnygirl
08-05-2008, 04:12 PM
and now i have to nap. ready to face a brand new night at work :ack:. have i lost my mind?

Many times over, I'm afraid.... I tried to clean it up for you, but I'm not sure it worked....

How's everyone's afternoon? Mine's pretty good... the girls were really good and let me get some sleep, so now I'm zooping in to say hi before I hit the showers and we head out for a baseball game. Syracuse Chiefs vs. ????.... not a big baseball person myself, but it'll be good to get out and do something fun together.

I'll probably check in before we head out -- hope you're all having a great day!!!

Kisobel
08-05-2008, 04:56 PM
Want to bet your not the first person to ever ask that question ????? :D
nope, i never take bets i know i'll lose.

HEY ALL!!!
I'm back...and after 9 days I have to say I'm glad to be back home. The trip was "WILD" so what story do you want to hear? the one w/ my dd and the lifeguard? Flash photography and the 4ft barracuda? Gravity is not my friend??? Three days in the park on 9 hours sleep (total)??
Can I go take another nap??

welcome back. i want to hear about gravity. 9 hours sleep for 3 park days- might be a new record. what does everyone else think? please go nap, we will still be here in a few days when you wake up.

kate

Tink&Goofy
08-05-2008, 05:04 PM
Lesson one: careful to read the responses for the proper quotes, otherwise you read things like this:

i would have cried with the chipmunk laying over its spouse.
ok i got a bit teary just reading it.

Definitely... can I put lots of butter and sugar on it, witha little syrup?? Yummm.... Of course, breakfast for me will be around 3pm... can we make some then, too??

Unless of course Blythe meant to have chipmunk french toast? :D

Last night I never saw the computer. Hubby's cousin's grandson drowned in a pool on the 2nd. We went to the funeral home and so did everyone else in 3 counties.
That is sooo sad. My heart goes out to his family. :(

Do you think Alex will pop in today?
Only if there is cake around...or a good sale on heels.

Oh great............. first Blythe tells us she ran over Chip or Dale.... and now you tell us you ran over Donald and Daisey !

I thought you were going to say the Aflac duck. :jaw: Course, I'm sure we would have heard that one...

Want to split it ?? :D

Three ways?

Its a scorcher out today, and my allergies are going haywire. My eyes were burning and watering so much, I couldn't even see. Took some allergy meds, and its now down to a dull roar. I can't blame it all on the seasonal thing - cuz this is the first summer with the kitties, and I know that is part of it. I think the combination has just overloaded me. I'd ask for allergy pixie dust, but I'm sure that would just make it worse...:D

Caroleh
08-05-2008, 06:02 PM
Oh great............. first Blythe tells us she ran over Chip or Dale.... and now you tell us you ran over Donald and Daisey !

Are there any other Disney character killers out there ?????

Are you sure it wasn't the Aflac duck?

I've killed lot of mice in mouse traps and several frog while mowing the lawn. So I guess I've killed Mickey, Minnie and Kemit.

I thought you were going to say the Aflac duck. :jaw: Course, I'm sure we would have heard that one...

I think we are thinking alike!!!

Beth...if you'll fly me down there, I'll help you scrap anytime!!! I'll even bring my toys!!!

I made a cake for Alex today and he didn't show up...it's a chocolate cake with chocolate fudge icing...Oh and I decorated it in pink to say juicy. Should we eat the cake for him before all these candles start the place on fire?

pogo
08-05-2008, 06:04 PM
How's everyone's afternoon? Mine's pretty good... the girls were really good and let me get some sleep, so now I'm zooping in to say hi before I hit the showers and we head out for a baseball game. Syracuse Chiefs vs. ????.... not a big baseball person myself, but it'll be good to get out and do something fun together.
Be careful with the weather..... you have many thunderstorms headed your way. I think it was Mary's fault. :D

9 hours sleep for 3 park days- might be a new record. what does everyone else think?
I don't think so. Haven't you ever heard of a lady named, cantgetenough, aka Christine ???? She's like the energiser bunny..... even posts live reports at 3:00 AM. :shake: I really miss her here. :(

Three ways?

Hey..... works for me ! :D

pogo
08-05-2008, 06:08 PM
Are you sure it wasn't the Aflac duck?

Beth...if you'll fly me down there, I'll help you scrap anytime!!! I'll even bring my toys!!!

I made a cake for Alex today and he didn't show up...it's a chocolate cake with chocolate fudge icing...Oh and I decorated it in pink to say juicy. Should we eat the cake for him before all these candles start the place on fire?

I'm sure.

There's a joke there but I'm not touching it. Ain't I a good boy ??? :D

Why don't we just get Bret in here to grill over it ???? :D

Tink&Goofy
08-05-2008, 06:15 PM
Chocolate? I'm there. :bolt:

Be careful with the weather..... you have many thunderstorms headed your way. I think it was Mary's fault. :D
I wish we would have one of those right now to cool it down and clean out the air. Of course, then they start wildfires, and make the air even worse..... Maybe I'm better off just staying inside...

Anybody seen the Aflac duck? I heard a rumor that it was hit by a couple of chipmunks..

MauiMouse
08-05-2008, 06:26 PM
Are there any other Disney character killers out there ?????

My nephew ran over Bambi or was it his mother?

BAD NEWS.... still no new Studio bucket... they still have the "toy story mania" bucket... I got one of those in Oct.... Oh well I did get a new bucket w/ the Caramel corn... it's translucent... I like it :D

Welcome home Beth, looking forward to reading about your trip.

Where did you get the caramel corn bucket? I collect them too. I got my Toy Story Mania bucket at Downtown Disney, wonder if it's the same one? Well I will see shortly. :D

My fault! :shrug: :rain: Don't think so! :D

pogo
08-05-2008, 06:31 PM
Anybody seen the Aflac duck? I heard a rumor that it was hit by a couple of chipmunks..

:funny:

My nephew ran over Bambi or was it his mother?

My fault! :shrug: :rain: Don't think so! :D

Yeah.... your fault ! :mad: I watched the weather map and it's coming from your area. But I love ya anyways ! :D

trackbarroness
08-05-2008, 08:09 PM
I'm wondering if anyone else has a storm approaching? Besides me that is.
I extended 2 hours today.

MMouse6937
08-05-2008, 08:45 PM
Yeah.... your fault ! :mad: I watched the weather map and it's coming from your area. But I love ya anyways ! :D

Where's your question?

Evening all! Hope you're having a nice one. It's actually cooled down here quite a bit but that means it will probably rain. Just waiting for Mike to get home. Talk to you all later :hug:

Beast_fanatic
08-05-2008, 09:02 PM
I'll hold your hand Rhonda, but I don't have to watch do I? I have this thing against feet. As far as the polish goes, paint each toe a different color and then nobody will notice the naked one

Good idea on the polish, but I only have 2 colors. Thanks for the pixie dust!

No thanks. I did that last year with DD. Not fun. My job was to keep her from looking as she squished my deformed fingers. The good news? Her toe is STILL looking good.

Glad her toe is still doing well even if you wouldn't hold my hand! ;)

Rhonda I like the idea of the different polish. If you don't like that what about a really pale colour? I'd hold your hand but I've got an exam today. Does that count as an excuse?

A pale color also would have worked, but I ended up just taking it off all the toes.

Heck..... why don't you let me cut your toe ??? I'll fire up the old chainsaw and have that ingrown toe nail out in a jiffy.

If today's procedure doesn't work, then I might give you a shot!

Rhonda, Good luck with your toe. Hopefully you can be back in the pool in no time.

Thanks, Mary. But, I know he'll keep me out of the pool for awhile. :(

Rhonda that everything goes well with your toe!

Thanks! :hug: Hope you're feeling better!

Good luck today, Rhonda!

Thanks! The doctor decided at the last minute that we shouldn't do the more involved procedure, so we repeated the other procedure for the 3rd time! If it doesn't work this time, then we'll need to do the more involved procedure, but he'll want to do it in the OR (out-patient). I suspect it'll be 10-11 months before we know for sure though since that's how long it's taken for it to grow out again the other 2 times. Anyone have any pain pills? I think the numbness is wearing off.

If I win the contest, my husband said I could join you in December! (wish I had thought to have him put it in writing... hope he'll remember agreeing to it!)

Hopefully as soon as the girls go down for a nap I can start catching up on this thread and write something coherent... that's if I don't fall asleep first. We had a busy weekend (although you wouldn't know it the way the kids are running around the house) and I'm BEAT.

Kathy

OK, you remembered your question on the first go round, so no slack this time. :nono:

But, don't feel bad, look who else forgot:

:nono:

tinkerbellybutton
08-05-2008, 09:20 PM
Anyone have any pain pills? I think the numbness is wearing off.

I have some I can spare, some of the ones I have make me :ack: so I'll ship 'em out. I can pack some polish in with it, I have about 80 bottles (DD and I used to do our nails together every few days) In the meantime would you like a pigg-back so you can keep off of it? I hope that the procedure works this time so he won't have to do the more involved one.

I hope everyone is having a good night. I'm going to hit the sack soon so I wanted to say good night to all you beautiful people :D
For those who are working :pixie: for it to be an easy night for you, and sweet dreams to those who aren't. Nighty night folks!

Beast_fanatic
08-05-2008, 09:44 PM
Thanks for your well wishes, Traci! I'm all propped up in my recliner using my laptop, so I'll pass on the piggy back ride for now. Sweet dreams!

I do have an issue though! How important is it for me to wear shoes to work tomorrow? :blush: I can't get either of the "work acceptable" sandals that I own on over my bandage, and I can't take my bandage off for 24 hours. Where's Natalie? It's a shoe emergency!

pogo
08-05-2008, 10:24 PM
OK, you remembered your question on the first go round, so no slack this time. :nono:

But, don't feel bad, look who else forgot.
Who me ???? :blush: I just wanted some attention from you. :pout:

I hope everyone is having a good night. I'm going to hit the sack soon so I wanted to say good night to all you beautiful people
For those who are working :pixie: for it to be an easy night for you, and sweet dreams to those who aren't. Nighty night folks!
You are too sweat for words. :hug:

I do have an issue though! How important is it for me to wear shoes to work tomorrow? I can't get either of the "work acceptable" sandals that I own on over my bandage, and I can't take my bandage off for 24 hours. Where's Natalie? It's a shoe emergency!

I'd take some pain pills..... drink a few :marg: and call in !

I think Natalie is shoe shopping as we speak. :D

Dsnygirl
08-05-2008, 10:44 PM
Be careful with the weather..... you have many thunderstorms headed your way.

I really miss her here. :(

We managed to avoid them, but thanks for the warning!!

Me too... :(

I'm sure that was supposed to be a compliment, but ummm.... yuck.... ;)

So, I think I'm a baseball convert -- we had such a great time! I haven't been to a ball park in years, and it was too fun. I'm a big fan of the movie 'Bull Durham', and I felt just like we were at one of their games. The girls loved it, as well -- so I think we're on to something! :thumbsup:

How's the night treating everyone? Kate, I hope things are "Q" at work...

I'm headed off to bed, but I'll put some coffee on for the morning, and maybe I'll make some fresh scones??

Sleep well dear ones!! :hug:

(Rhonda, I'm glad to hear things went well, even though the numbness is now wearing off... as far as shoes, can you do flip flops for a day??? Natalie should have an emergency number.... :))

ElenitaB
08-05-2008, 10:48 PM
Welcome home, Beth! Thanks so much for the call on Sunday (and to Deb too). You guys are way too sweet!

Hopefully as soon as the girls go down for a nap I can start catching up on this thread and write something coherent... that's if I don't fall asleep first.
No one said "coherent" was a requirement here... questions (and cookies) are though! So what are you baking us?

Unless of course Blythe meant to have chipmunk french toast?
Hmmm... what about some possum pancakes?

I don't think so. Haven't you ever heard of a lady named, cantgetenough, aka Christine ???? She's like the energiser bunny..... even posts live reports at 3:00 AM.
Funny thing is that she's at WDW right now!

I'm wondering if anyone else has a storm approaching? Besides me that is.
I extended 2 hours today.
Is "extended" Disney speak for overtime?

I do have an issue though! How important is it for me to wear shoes to work tomorrow? :blush: I can't get either of the "work acceptable" sandals that I own on over my bandage, and I can't take my bandage off for 24 hours. Where's Natalie? It's a shoe emergency!
Seriously... go with what fits. If they feel compelled to send you home, they're idiots. You're making the effort to go into work the day after a procedure.

Well, believe it or not, I've got to go back to work. Guess it's you and me tonight, Kate! Can you send me some of the goodies you guys have hanging around? (But no babies :nono:)

MsMin
08-05-2008, 11:54 PM

Sorry Carol but I don't fly... :blush: in fact, I don't even own a plane...

Welcome home Beth, looking forward to reading about your trip.

Where did you get the caramel corn bucket? I collect them too. I got my Toy Story Mania bucket at Downtown Disney, wonder if it's the same one? Well I will see shortly.

Thanks... I think you will love the bucket... It's clear w/ sparkles and has a director Mickey and the hat on back... I've never seen them before so it's a nice addition. Have a great trip. I know Jeanne is looking forward to the visit.

Good idea on the polish, but I only have 2 colors. Thanks for the pixie dust!

:pixie: for your toe... I know a little toe (or a big one) can really make you miserable when they ache... hope it's better soon... we have a lot to do in WDW in Dec..:D

welcome back. i want to hear about gravity. 9 hours sleep for 3 park days- might be a new record. what does everyone else think? please go nap, we will still be here in a few days when you wake up.
kate
I was napping yesterday. Yes, we were very sleep deprived and I'm always lecturing on the importance of sleep. We got the 3 hours Friday night, 6 on Sat. night then left Sunday night and drove straight home... we got home about 8:15 a.m. I took a nap but had so much to do.
About the gravity! Ouch.. I went to Blizzard Beach for the first time... That Summit Plummit ... I didn't know water could hurt that much... We did it twice and I had the bruises to prove it. Gravity wasn't my friend either when we snorkeled w/o weight belts. I'm more buoyant that dives of past....It just wasn't working out for me.

Beth SO glad you're back!! Sounds like you guys had a whirlwind trip, can't wait to hear all the details (ok well maybe not ALL the details, but the Intercot friendly ones!)

Glad to be back. Still recuperating... I will put most of it in the trip report...We were good girls... no wild crazy parties...more like facing the "wild"

Beth, welcome home! I missed you. I'm not sure, is the story of your daughter and the lifeguard family friendly enough for Intercot? I must admit, that one has me intrigued. haha!
I do like the 3 days in the parks on 9 hours of sleep. My kinda woman!
The lifeguard, yes, it may be rated PG but still family friendly.
Rachel and I rented snorkels etc. at the private Island... I told her I've been to "private" beaches before and they are really safe. They have this net they put up to keep big fish out.
We had a great time swimming in the closed in area. We are both good swimmers so had no fear going out to the deeper waters. We swam out to big net :eyes: and found out there was no net but just a line w/ floats... but at that point we had had 3 Bahama mama's.. and feeling pretty confident about swimming. We ended up about 50 yards from each other. She was close to the life guard stand near the out edge and he called her over. She was very suspicious and asked why and he said he wanted to talk to her. Now he's drives a jet ski out to a life guard stand and we all know he shouldn't be flirting and so did she... She said.. Did you want to tell me that's a shark over there??? He replied... oh you see it?? She answered... is it a nurse shark (mild non-aggressive for those who aren't familiar w/ sharks). He said, I don't think so... So she said what do I do and he replied... well if it bites you I have to come in and save you... The whole while she's wondering why he hasn't invited her up on the stand. She tells him "I think I will be going now... He asks WHERE??? she replies back to the beach.. He was about 4 feet long. He tells her not to panic... so she starts calling me... and I'm having fun w/ the camera and figure she could come to me and I began to hear the tension in her voice and I put my head up knowing she was stressed and I said did you see a :shark: she says mom just come here.... I didn't get to see it... thank goodness for the shark b/c he has to swim in that water...
So by "wild" we met plenty of wild animals but the Animals @ AKL were the best...
Ellen and Deb..hope you both had a happy birthday. Ellen, I hope I didn't wake you up.
I am still catching up on my rest... lots to do..

More later... Can anyone help me unpack and start laundry????

ElenitaB
08-06-2008, 12:37 AM
Beth, that story is hysterical! So the shark suddenly found the water to be a little bit warmer than normal? ;)

I'm headed off to bed, but I'll put some coffee on for the morning, and maybe I'll make some fresh scones??
Don't you know it's not nice to play with our emotions? Can you zap me some? I actually think I'm going to make a Mixed Berry Strata for breakfast (it's a fancy name for bread pudding). Guess I should go get it ready, huh?

tinkerbellybutton
08-06-2008, 01:02 AM

Is that a nice way of trying to say I stink? :fresh:

tinkerbellybutton
08-06-2008, 01:06 AM
The lifeguard, yes, it may be rated PG but still family friendly.
Rachel and I rented snorkels etc. at the private Island... I told her I've been to "private" beaches before and they are really safe. They have this net they put up to keep big fish out.
We had a great time swimming in the closed in area. We are both good swimmers so had no fear going out to the deeper waters. We swam out to big net :eyes: and found out there was no net but just a line w/ floats... but at that point we had had 3 Bahama mama's.. and feeling pretty confident about swimming. We ended up about 50 yards from each other. She was close to the life guard stand near the out edge and he called her over. She was very suspicious and asked why and he said he wanted to talk to her. Now he's drives a jet ski out to a life guard stand and we all know he shouldn't be flirting and so did she... She said.. Did you want to tell me that's a shark over there??? He replied... oh you see it?? She answered... is it a nurse shark (mild non-aggressive for those who aren't familiar w/ sharks). He said, I don't think so... So she said what do I do and he replied... well if it bites you I have to come in and save you... The whole while she's wondering why he hasn't invited her up on the stand. She tells him "I think I will be going now... He asks WHERE??? she replies back to the beach.. He was about 4 feet long. He tells her not to panic... so she starts calling me... and I'm having fun w/ the camera and figure she could come to me and I began to hear the tension in her voice and I put my head up knowing she was stressed and I said did you see a :shark: she says mom just come here.... I didn't get to see it... thank goodness for the shark b/c he has to swim in that water...
So by "wild" we met plenty of wild animals but the Animals @ AKL were the best...
Ellen and Deb..hope you both had a happy birthday. Ellen, I hope I didn't wake you up.
I am still catching up on my rest... lots to do..

More later... Can anyone help me unpack and start laundry????

That is truly funny, scary but hilarious!
Did you have to pay extra for the "shark experience"? :D

Tink&Goofy
08-06-2008, 01:18 AM
Flip flops. Thats the only thing DD could wear until the bandage came off. I'd tell them take me with flip flops, or I'm outta here. What are they going to do, send you home?? :D

:funny::rotfl: OMG - that got a snort AND a laugh out loud!! :funny::laughing:

Kisobel
08-06-2008, 02:37 AM
just a quick zoop in from work. fairly busy tonite and labor and delivery charge nurse is trying to play yo-yo with me. keep your fingers crossed, because i don't want to yo.

what shall i start for breakfast this am? how about bacon with hash browns and a scambled egg?

kate

trackbarroness
08-06-2008, 05:53 AM
Good morning JQ'ers, the coffee and hot water for tea, hot chocolate are ready for our enjoyment. Along with juices and sodas for those who never tried a hot beverage of any kind. :D
I had scrambled eggss southwest style with salsa added to it to kick it up a notch or two or perhaps 3. :D
So you didn't get to see the shark? That's a nice size fish.
Have a magical day

disneydeb
08-06-2008, 06:40 AM
Thanks Sandy!

I had peanut butter on toast.:D

Did you know that is my favorite "run out the door" breakfast?

tinkerbellybutton
08-06-2008, 06:45 AM
Good morning sunshines! :sun: I hope this new day finds you all happy and healthy. May you all enjoy what life tosses your way today and :pixie: to keep the bad news, strange happenings and negative thoughts away. There are, yet again, doughnuts from me (are you sensing a theme?) and, thanks to Sandy, various beverages.
Today Hailey, DS, the baby and I are meeting my mom, cousin (named Sandy BTW) my aunt (my moms exact carbon copy, my mom's the older of the two) for some board games and lunch.
I hope you all have a magical day and stay safe! :hug:

pogo
08-06-2008, 07:15 AM
Good morning all..... today is the day the wrecking ball falls at the resort so our improvement project gets under way. In about a week the work will be completed. I can't wait.

I'm sure that was supposed to be a compliment, but ummm.... yuck.
:doh: Note to self.... no more multi tasking while posting.

Funny thing is that she's at WDW right now!
She is ??? Good for her. I miss her here and I don't rally have the time to visit her site.

About the gravity! Ouch.. I went to Blizzard Beach for the first time... That Summit Plummit ... I didn't know water could hurt that much... We did it twice and I had the bruises to prove it. Gravity wasn't my friend either when we snorkeled w/o weight belts. I'm more buoyant that dives of past....It just wasn't working out for me.
You did Summit Plummit ??? :faint:

Sorry. Bad computer !:badpc:

OMG - that got a snort AND a laugh out loud!!
Oh yeah ???? :fresh:

Today Hailey, DS, the baby and I are meeting my mom, cousin (named Sandy BTW) my aunt (my moms exact carbon copy, my mom's the older of the two) for some board games and lunch.
I hope you all have a magical day and stay safe!

Sounds like a wonderful day.... enjoy ! :thumbsup:

See you all later ! :D

offwego
08-06-2008, 07:43 AM
Sorry Rhonda! I was writing an exam. Did you go with the flip flop idea? I don't think you really have a choice do you?

I think Natalie is shoe shopping as we speak. :D For once I was not..I was writing an exam. (there was a little looking before the exam but no buying)

Hope you all have a good day!

Caroleh
08-06-2008, 08:14 AM
Sorry Carol but I don't fly... :blush: in fact, I don't even own a plane...

What? No little pixie dust from Peter Pan to make me fly to you!!!

:pixie::pixie: for those of you that need it and for those that don't to keep the bad mojo away. Good luck with your project Pogo...hopefully Stitch won't be running the backhoe!!

Has anyone seen Diane lately?

MauiMouse
08-06-2008, 09:26 AM
I know Jeanne is looking forward to the visit.

I'm looking forward to seeing Jeanne too again, she is a sweetie. :thumbsup:

Good morning all..... today is the day the wrecking ball falls at the resort so our improvement project gets under way. In about a week the work will be completed. I can't wait.

Will we get to see pictures of the "new resort"?

Rhonda, I second that about wearing Flip Flops, like everyone said if they want to send you home let them.

Beth, wow about the shark! And double wow about Summit Plummit, there is no way you'd get me to go down that hill, no thank-you.

Carol, thanks for the Pineapple. :D

Not much on the agenda for me today. A day off so I'm just going to do a little work around the condo. I think that I'll start my pre-trip report today, will anyone read it? I hope so! :D

Caroleh
08-06-2008, 10:12 AM
Carol, thanks for the Pineapple. :D
will anyone read it? I hope so! :D

With all the talk about Lapu Lapu's I thought we could use it to make them!!

I'll read it. I'm not sure if I will be doing a trip report or not for our October trip. We're just going to play it by ear. I have ADR's and my tickets for MNSSHP, and after that we just want to relax on this trip. There's certian things we know what we want to see, but we want to be more relaxed this time. I think it's because we are planning 2 trips this year that it's not as important to see it all and do it all.

How's everyone's Wednesday going so far?

offwego
08-06-2008, 10:13 AM
Hello my creative friends..I need a team name for a group of newish consultants in my firm (including me and all women) and it needs to be "powerful & not something people can make fun of".

Any ideas? this is not my area of expertise at all.

MMouse6937
08-06-2008, 10:17 AM
I think that I'll start my pre-trip report today, will anyone read it? I hope so! :D

Absolutely!! What are your vacation dates Mary? I know yours and mine are very close together.

Morning all!! Hope everyong is doing well. I was so beat last night that I vegged out and watched tv. I know I should have exercised but needed a night off.

I'm going to lunch with my best friend today, I haven't seen her in a while so it should be fun, plus I'm starving already!!!

Traci, we're getting closer and closer to our trips, I can't wait to meet you. I'm going to PM you my cell that way we can stay in touch if something comes up!

Have a great morning everyone, I'll check in later :hug:

alpro2
08-06-2008, 10:22 AM
Good morning everyone. And what a splendid morning it is (I am starting to sound like Pogo). :D

Thank you all for your birthday wishes. We had a great day yesterday.

Back to the grind today. Anyone bake me birthday cookies?

Dsnygirl
08-06-2008, 10:54 AM
I went to Blizzard Beach for the first time... That Summit Plummit ... I didn't know water could hurt that much... We did it twice and I had the bruises to prove it.
Good for you!! Dan & I both did it when we went 11 years ago... not sure if I'd brave it again, it was a pretty impressive slide. :eyes:

Your shark story is great -- glad to hear it wasn't hungry!

Beth, that story is hysterical! So the shark suddenly found the water to be a little bit warmer than normal? ;)

:funny: .... screen cleaner, please....

just a quick zoop in from work. fairly busy tonite and labor and delivery charge nurse is trying to play yo-yo with me. keep your fingers crossed, because i don't want to yo.

how about bacon with hash browns and a scambled egg?

So.... did you have to yo??

... and how, exactly, do you "scamble" an egg???

Yeah!! I bet it's going to look great... just make sure that wrecking ball doesn't hit any of those bottles on the Tiki Bar.... :D

Thank you all for your birthday wishes. We had a great day yesterday.

What'd you guys do? (And don't say 'family frinedly site'......:D)

I think there were cookies and a cake... too bad you didn't zoop in for any before they were gone!! There aren't many crumbs around here these days....

So, is everybody's midweek going well? We're off to do a bit of school shopping soon (I can't believe it, I just can't believe it....) and then we'll see what the weather does... maybe a walk to the library.

(oh, and guess what? Extreme Makeover : Home Edition is coming to Syracuse this month!!! First Diane, now us -- how weird is that? A construction/developer company from our church was hired to do the building and oversee everything, so we're hoping to get involved in the volunteer effort... unfort., it's during our busiest week this month, but we're still going to try to get at least one shift in. YEAH!!! The big kick-off is next week at our church.... I'm so excited!!! :clappy:)

alpro2
08-06-2008, 11:11 AM
What'd you guys do? (And don't say 'family frinedly site'......:D)

Blyth, Blythe, Blythe.....where is your mind these days? :D

Originally Posted by offwego
I need a team name for a group of newish consultants in my firm

Newish consultants? Are they from the New religion? :D

Caroleh
08-06-2008, 11:13 AM
Hello my creative friends..I need a team name for a group of newish consultants in my firm (including me and all women) and it needs to be "powerful & not something people can make fun of".

Banker Babes just won't work will it? Give me time...to bad Jenn isn't here to help. First thing that came to mind was The Consulting Diva's, but that just doesn't sound powerful enough.

Good morning everyone. And what a splendid morning it is (I am starting to sound like Pogo). :D

Are you saying the older we get the better each day looks?

I made you a chocolate cake, without ex-lax even, and you weren't here to eat it. I think we were grilling food over all those candles!!!:D

So, is everybody's midweek going well? We're off to do a bit of school shopping soon (I can't believe it, I just can't believe it....) and then we'll see what the weather does... maybe a walk to the library.

(oh, and guess what? Extreme Makeover : Home Edition is coming to Syracuse this month!!!

I just arranged a sick day, so I'm staying at home!!! I really need have time away from the store.

Are we going to see a picture of you and Ty together? I think that Natalie, Lea Ann, Jenn and I won't have to worry about Extreme Makeover coming up here!!! But it is really cool that they came to both of your towns in such a short time!!

alpro2
08-06-2008, 11:18 AM
I made you a chocolate cake, without ex-lax even, and you weren't here to eat it. I think we were grilling food over all those candles!!!:D

I think you are confusing my birthday with Pogo's. At his age, he needs some regularity.....and, if you used all of his candles you would burn the food. :D

Where is my old friend today?

offwego
08-06-2008, 11:31 AM
Newish consultants? Are they from the New religion? :D
Kind of why have you heard of it?

Banker Babes just won't work will it? Give me time...to bad Jenn isn't here to help. First thing that came to mind was The Consulting Diva's, but that just doesn't sound powerful enough.
Are we going to see a picture of you and Ty together? I think that Natalie, Lea Ann, Jenn and I won't have to worry about Extreme Makeover coming up here!!! But it is really cool that they came to both of your towns in such a short time!! Have you seen that a couple of them are in foreclosure? That's pretty sad isn't it?

Alex which old friend are you pining for?

MauiMouse
08-06-2008, 12:25 PM
What are your vacation dates Mary? I know yours and mine are very close together.

We leave on Saturday Aug 23rd and then I return on late on August 28th. Have to be back so the boss can go on vacation. :down: Bummer, eh?

I'll read it. I'm not sure if I will be doing a trip report or not for our October trip. We're just going to play it by ear. I have ADR's and my tickets for MNSSHP, and after that we just want to relax on this trip. There's certian things we know what we want to see, but we want to be more relaxed this time. I think it's because we are planning 2 trips this year that it's not as important to see it all and do it all.

Sounds good to me Carol. I'd love one about now. :papple:

I use to write trip reports all the time, then got out of the habit. I like reading them, always have. So last April trip I started writing again. If nobody reads them that's okay too. I just like to write them and re-live the magic. :thumbsup:

Off to sit out on the deck this afternoon. It's beautiful outside, the humidity went away. Probably over to pogo, so it's my fault I know. :fresh: Oh well just remember pogo what I get today you will get tomorrow, weather wise that is. Can't get myself into trouble now can I? ;)

pogo
08-06-2008, 12:29 PM
For once I was not..I was writing an exam. (there was a little looking before the exam but no buying)

Be careful.... you'll ruin your reputation ! :blush:

Good luck with your project Pogo...hopefully Stitch won't be running the backhoe!!

Has anyone seen Diane lately?
Thanks Buddy... where the heck is she ??? :confused:

Will we get to see pictures of the "new resort"?

Sure will..... and we had to raise prices but Blythe hasn't received her bill from Sunday yet !

Hhmmmmm.... how about "Creative Consultants" ?

Your tag line could read.... "Financial wisdom from a ladies point of view."

Good morning everyone. And what a splendid morning it is (I am starting to sound like Pogo).
:drama: Ah yes..... I've put up with guitarist's wishing they could be a drummer.... and husbands, wishing they could have the love I have, so I'm used to having people like you wish they could be like me. :D

Yeah!! I bet it's going to look great... just make sure that wrecking ball doesn't hit any of those bottles on the Tiki Bar.
Don't worry about that.... after you left, I took inventory and put the little bit that was left away. Boy you drank a lot ! :faint:

Blyth, Blythe, Blythe.....where is your mind these days?
Same place it was last week.

I think you are confusing my birthday with Pogo's. At his age, he needs some regularity.....and, if you used all of his candles you would burn the food.

Where is my old friend today?
Saves money on gas for the gas grill that way !

You mean Ken ???? Haven't seen him today. :D

Alex which old friend are you pining for?
Let's see..... by old it could be either Ken or Marilyn. Which one do you think it is ??? :D

offwego
08-06-2008, 12:47 PM
Pogo that's an interesting idea but shouldn't I have a creative talent before I suggest creative as a name? And somehow I'm thinking we'd like something with a little more ummph.

What about something like the Incredibles? Would that work? Thank goodness we don't need a tagline as well. No way the 6 of us could agree on one. (but I may use that one...either that or do you want to have a financial plan that lets you have the shoes you want to own?)

MMouse6937
08-06-2008, 01:03 PM
We leave on Saturday Aug 23rd and then I return on late on August 28th. Have to be back so the boss can go on vacation. :down: Bummer, eh?

I use to write trip reports all the time, then got out of the habit. I like reading them, always have. So last April trip I started writing again. If nobody reads them that's okay too. I just like to write them and re-live the magic. :thumbsup:

Shoot, I'm just going to miss you, well at least we can meet in December!!

I loved your pre trip report! I love the trip reports, the more detailed the better, I love to know where they ate, what they ate, what they rode, what crowds/weather was like, etc. Does that make me crazy? Ok, don't answer that. :blush:

:drama: Ah yes..... I've put up with guitarist's wishing they could be a drummer.... and husbands, wishing they could have the love I have, so I'm used to having people like you wish they could be like me. :D

:shake: Oh puhleeze!!

I'm bored today, lots of no show patients. Not that I don't like some free time, but it makes time go by so slow!

Hope you all are having a great day :hug:

Caroleh
08-06-2008, 01:13 PM
Pogo that's an interesting idea but shouldn't I have a creative talent before I suggest creative as a name? And somehow I'm thinking we'd like something with a little more ummph.

What about something like the Incredibles? Would that work? Thank goodness we don't need a tagline as well. No way the 6 of us could agree on one. (but I may use that one...either that or do you want to have a financial plan that lets you have the shoes you want to own?)

I still thinking for you Nat...I'm seeing the words economics and envision as I'm thinking planning for the future...am I on the right track? what about Envision Creators or Envision Designers?

offwego
08-06-2008, 01:16 PM
I still thinking for you Nat...I'm seeing the words economics and envision as I'm thinking planning for the future...am I on the right track?

Carol that sounds beyond cool. I knew I came to the right place!:number1:

Does this mean you'll all get JQU credits or something? Are we packing folks?

MauiMouse
08-06-2008, 01:22 PM

I loved your pre trip report! I love the trip reports, the more detailed the better, I love to know where they ate, what they ate, what they rode, what crowds/weather was like, etc. Does that make me crazy? Ok, don't answer that. :blush:

Yeah, I knew we'd miss each other by a little bit, but glad that we can meet up in December.

Thanks! :blush: I could have gotten into more detail but I thought otherwise. I am not the world greatest writer but I enjoy writing trip reports and of course reading them. :D

Maybe we are twins? :secret: The more detail the better for me too. Are you going to write a trip report, Sarah? I'd love to read it!

Marilyn Michetti
08-06-2008, 01:58 PM
Can I just ZOOP for a minute???? I LOVE that word.

I'm trying to get my mom ready for her trip back East next Tues., and it's hard because there's so much to consider. She will have a dialysis schedule there, and DD is an R.N., so can keep a close eye on her.

I took a fall Monday night in my room. Tripped over the doggie bed, and crashed headfirst into our big oak bookshelf. I'm sore, but didn't hit my head hard - took most of the blow on the side of my neck. This was pure clumsiness, and nothing to do with the M.S. My neck is pretty colorful, but it's too hot here for a scarf, so it's just going to have to go with my outfit.

I'll catch up with you later. We're 123 days away from meeting some of you, and I can hardly wait.

Come on over for supper. We're having Phila. cheesesteaks, and they're pretty close to the real thing. DH was born in Phila., and after we married, we lived there for 24 years. He's "cracked" the code, and boy are they good.:eat:

pogo
08-06-2008, 02:40 PM

If you don't have creative talent.... then why are you in business ???? I don't think you give yourself enough credit !

You may use anything you wish. :D

What ???? :shrug:

I took a fall Monday night in my room. Tripped over the doggie bed, and crashed headfirst into our big oak bookshelf. I'm sore, but didn't hit my head hard - took most of the blow on the side of my neck. This was pure clumsiness, and nothing to do with the M.S. My neck is pretty colorful, but it's too hot here for a scarf, so it's just going to have to go with my outfit.

Are you sure you are OK ????? How much damage did you do to the bookshelf ???? :D

MMouse6937
08-06-2008, 03:23 PM
Maybe we are twins? :secret: The more detail the better for me too. Are you going to write a trip report, Sarah? I'd love to read it!
Absolutely, my ones from last year were very descriptive and I think everyone liked them. I kept a journal while we were there so I could go back over anything that happened.

Marilyn, be careful!! :hug: We saw this patient today that had bent down to turn on her faucet outside and fell face first on the ground and I had never seen anyone's face look like that. She looked like someone had beat her severely with a hammer, it was unbelievable. Walk careful my dear and don't trip and fall!

How is everyone's afternoon? I just got back from lunch with my best friend and her three girls. This will be our last lunch together as two of the girls go back to school next week. Can I just say it's so nice to go to lunch with the little one now that she's out of her terrible twos??? Yikes, some of those previous lunches were stressful, on all of us!! She's so cute now, wants to sit by me and plays silly games. Love those kids like they were my own.

Hope you're all keeping it rubber side down, love ya!! :hug:

Marilyn Michetti
08-06-2008, 03:30 PM
I'm fine - just sore. The bookshelf is intact, but what's incredible, one of my 26 inch porcelain dolls was standing right beside it. She fell, but didn't break. How neat is that?

Thanks. My DH had a time getting me up because I'm dead weight on the ground - no real strength in my legs.

Pogo, can't find the post, but for the "record", I want to be just like you when I grow up.:D

pogo
08-06-2008, 03:47 PM
Pogo, can't find the post, but for the "record", I want to be just like you when I grow up.:D

Do you really ???? You'll have a hard time because as Peter Pan says, "I won't grow up" ! :D

MauiMouse
08-06-2008, 03:51 PM
Absolutely, my ones from last year were very descriptive and I think everyone liked them. I kept a journal while we were there so I could go back over anything that happened.

Good deal, looking forward to reading them. :thumbsup:

I just read your reports from 2007. I see you did Crusher & Gusher. Which Crusher and Gusher was the best? They have 3 different ones right? We are going to Typhoon Lagoon for the first time. I not too much for the body slides would rather do tube slides. We shall see what I really do, might just be the lazy river and wave pool for me. :D

I'm fine - just sore. The bookshelf is intact, but what's incredible, one of my 26 inch porcelain dolls was standing right beside it. She fell, but didn't break. How neat is that?

Marilyn, glad to hear that you are alright. :)

Caroleh
08-06-2008, 04:09 PM
Mary and Sarah, do you think October will be too cold for the water parks? I'm debating if we should try a water park. I really hate my body in a swimsuit...maybe we'll do the swimming pool instead.:blush: I'd love to go just for the lazy river.

Dsnygirl
08-06-2008, 04:18 PM
I think we were grilling food over all those candles!!!

Are we going to see a picture of you and Ty together?

I wish! Probably won't even be able to get close to wherever the TV team works...

Have you seen that a couple of them are in foreclosure? That's pretty sad isn't it?

More than sad... I wonder if they give the folks they help a financial overview of what their bills will be like with the new house?? The one story I read basically said that the folks squandered their income on adding lots of extras to what the Extreme team already did, then couldn't pay their bills... folks like that don't even deserve to get bailed out if they're not going to uphold what they've been given!! :(

Sure will..... and we had to raise prices but Blythe hasn't received her bill from Sunday yet !

Don't worry about that.... after you left, I took inventory and put the little bit that was left away. Boy you drank a lot ! :faint:

:hide:

Did not!! I was still standing when I left, wasn't I?? :D

Can I just ZOOP for a minute???? I LOVE that word.

Me, too!! I find myself using it when I'm talking, and I get some funny looks... I don't even try to explain where it comes from....

Hope you're all keeping it rubber side down...
:shrug:

Wow, can you all believe it's almost the end of the work day already?? (Okay, maybe it went by faster for me since I wasn't working... :blush:) But still -- wow!! This day flew!! Got the girls some new shirts and capris, they're happy as can be... still have a bit more to get, but at least I got a jump on it. Now, if I could only get everything else done as fast as this day flew by....

MMouse6937
08-06-2008, 04:24 PM
Mary and Sarah, do you think October will be too cold for the water parks? I'm debating if we should try a water park. I really hate my body in a swimsuit...maybe we'll do the swimming pool instead.:blush: I'd love to go just for the lazy river.

We have been there as late as the third week in September and has never had any trouble with the water parks. It's always been plenty warm. I love the lazy river myself. Which water park do you like better? I like TL but Mike probably likes BB better, they both have their charm. I just will say that the lazy river at BB has that cold water that trickles down on you and BRRRR that's cold!!

pogo
08-06-2008, 04:36 PM
Did not!! I was still standing when I left, wasn't I??
Are you sure ???? I seem to remember the poor little girls faces as their Mommy stumbled to the car !

OK..... so I made that up ! You were absolutely stone cold sober ! :thumbsup: Almost as much as Kate from this last weekend. :funny:

Mary and Sarah, do you think October will be too cold for the water parks? I'm debating if we should try a water park. I really hate my body in a swimsuit...maybe we'll do the swimming pool instead. I'd love to go just for the lazy river.
Disney requires all their guests to wear swim suits while swimming. No Skinny Dipping Allowed ! That goes double for Patti and pogo's resort. :D

We have been there as late as the third week in September and has never had any trouble with the water parks. It's always been plenty warm. I love the lazy river myself. Which water park do you like better? I like TL but Mike probably likes BB better, they both have their charm. I just will say that the lazy river at BB has that cold water that trickles down on you and BRRRR that's cold!!

We've never done a water park. Maybe next year. :D

MauiMouse
08-06-2008, 04:40 PM

I wouldn't think that it would be too cold for a water park. I think that TL doesn't do into refurbishment until January, so you should be safe. I looking forward to the lazy river myself more than the slides. Sounds so relaxing.

And yes I totally understand about the bathing suit deal. Me too. :D And no comment from you pogo. :fresh: Okay?

dlpmikki
08-06-2008, 04:46 PM
I think I have done the water parks every month of the year. Very rarely is it too cold. Typhoon Lagoon is good for those of us who like the lazy river and gentle waves (or swimming bravely with the sharks). Blizzard Beach is good if you like big exciting rides (hey it was winter when I last went there and they were not busy so I was able to go on the kiddies raft rides - much more my scene!)

So from your previous comment Pogo, are you a lost boy or have you just lost your marbles like in the Pan remake with Robin Williams?

TikiGoddess
08-06-2008, 04:49 PM
You people are crazy hard to keep up with! I figured out that if I leave my computer on and keep one browser open, devoted to the JQ thread... then all I have to do is refresh and read the 20 posts that came in in the last 10 minutes. :D

I'm going to try and contribute.... bear with me...

We haven't done the water parks yet either and I'm hoping to do one next year. We have passes with 10 admissions to the water parks (and more) that don't expire. I picture myself finally using the last admission when I'm 80. 50 years to get up the courage to try Summit Plummet!

We had a good day here today. Got to see my friend's baby (who is 2 wks old) and went shopping with Julie. The kids are in the bathtub and I'm supposed to be making dinner. You guys are a bad influence... but then I should have known that when I saw Blythe with that Lapu Lapu in October. :D

How am I doing?
Kathy

Caroleh
08-06-2008, 05:02 PM
Disney requires all their guests to wear swim suits while swimming. No Skinny Dipping Allowed ! That goes double for Patti and pogo's resort. :D

We've never done a water park. Maybe next year. :D

Do you mean we can't wear our Granny and Uncle Jed swimsuits to the cement pond?:D

Maybe we should do a water park to let you know how we like it!!!

Dsnygirl
08-06-2008, 05:23 PM
You were absolutely stone cold sober ! :thumbsup:

Disney requires all their guests to wear swim suits while swimming. No Skinny Dipping Allowed ! That goes double for Patti and pogo's
Stone cold??? I don't remember it being chilly.... must've been the Appleton's... :D

Really??????

You people are crazy hard to keep up with! I figured out that if I leave my computer on and keep one browser open, devoted to the JQ thread... then all I have to do is refresh and read the 20 posts that came in in the last 10 minutes.

The kids are in the bathtub and I'm supposed to be making dinner. You guys are a bad influence... but then I should have known that when I saw Blythe with that Lapu Lapu in October. :D

How am I doing?
I think that's what most of us do.... it's SO not a good way to get your work done, though....

.... sounds familiar.... mine are playing and watching Animal Planet at the same time and I, too, am supposed to be making dinner.... does thinking it out while you type count??? ;)

Bad influence? Us?? Never... but that Lapu Lapu sure has made the rounds, hasn't it??? :blush:

You are doing great... as long as you don't disappear again!! It's great having you here!! :thumbsup:

Marilyn Michetti
08-06-2008, 05:55 PM
I'm dying to see Pogo and Patti's new resort. Just wondering, but could one "wing" be devoted to a Mickey themed nursing home? There HAS to be someplace we can go when we're old -er.

Maybe WDW should build a new park just for Sr. citizens. Separate lanes for wheelchairs, bathrooms every 10 feet, complete with recliners to nap in, and it would have to close at 6:00 p.m. so we could get to bed on time. Instead of height requirements, the signs would read, "no one under sixty admitted without an "adult".

Think it would fly?:shrug:

Caroleh
08-06-2008, 06:12 PM
I'm dying to see Pogo and Patti's new resort. Just wondering, but could one "wing" be devoted to a Mickey themed nursing home? There HAS to be someplace we can go when we're old -er.

Maybe WDW should build a new park just for Sr. citizens. Separate lanes for wheelchairs, bathrooms every 10 feet, complete with recliners to nap in, and it would have to close at 6:00 p.m. so we could get to bed on time. Instead of height requirements, the signs would read, "no one under sixty admitted without an "adult".

Think it would fly?:shrug:

But Marilyn, then Pogo and Ken couldn't go to it because they aren't that old yet. Do you think it should be for those over 55? And no Pogo, I'm not that old yet!!!:D

tinkerbellybutton
08-06-2008, 06:16 PM
Hey guys just a quick zoop. I was hoping that maybe you could all send Hailey a truckload of hugs. We had a great time with the family today as you can see here (http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm101/traci_moeller/DSC03099.jpg) Well, that's everyone but me, I had to take the picture. Anyway, today was supposed to be Josh's (Carters bio father) second visit. The visit was supposed to be at 4. She talked to Josh at 3:30 (she called him to make sure the time was still goo) and he said he didn't get much sleep and would like to take a nap so could she call him and wake him at 4:30 and he would walk over (they only live 1/8 of a mile away) So she called and nobody answered, she called again a little while later and still no answer. So last week, the grandparents blew Carter off after whining to the judge the day before that they wanted to see him and this week they all blew him off :mad: She is crushed that they could just blow Carter off and so concerned that if the court doesn't listen that they will continue to do so as he gets older and will devastate him. :( It breaks my heart to see her hurt, I just want to curl up and cry for her. :sob: Anyway, as you say your prayers tonight or are just thinking quietly can you say a few words for her? That this will get easier. She has such a big heart and she and Carter deserve so much more out of life.
Thanks guys, you're the best. :hug:

Kisobel
08-06-2008, 06:18 PM
So.... did you have to yo??

... and how, exactly, do you "scamble" an egg???

(oh, and guess what? Extreme Makeover : Home Edition is coming to Syracuse this month!!! First Diane, now us -- how weird is that? A construction/developer company from our church was hired to do the building and oversee everything, so we're hoping to get involved in the volunteer effort... unfort., it's during our busiest week this month, but we're still going to try to get at least one shift in.
no i didnt have to yo. amazingly enough. robyn won her fight with tina.

so you going to be stalking Ty? i figured out why i like that show so much. i just want to see the people go to Disney World. :blush:

and its very hard to scamble an egg, takes years of practice and training. you, young grasshopper are not ready to learn.

i love the trip reports as well. if i can't be there at least i can read about it.

Do you really ???? You'll have a hard time because as Peter Pan says, "I won't grow up" ! :D

won't grow up or can't?? :D

Are you sure ???? I seem to remember the poor little girls faces as their Mommy stumbled to the car !

OK..... so I made that up ! You were absolutely stone cold sober ! :thumbsup: Almost as much as Kate from this last weekend. :funny:

yeah, yeah. i will get you back. just you wait and see.

ok, its a good night for me, i just got cancelled for 4hours from work. must have slowed down some. so i only have to work 8hours tonite. piece of cake. ok off to have dinner with my husband and show him this new couch i want.

kate

Dsnygirl
08-06-2008, 06:43 PM

:rotfl:

Hey guys just a quick zoop. I was hoping that maybe you could all send Hailey a truckload of hugs. Anyway, as you say your prayers tonight or are just thinking quietly can you say a few words for her? That this will get easier. She has such a big heart and she and Carter deserve so much more out of life.
Traci, you bet we'll think of Hailey and say a few prayers for her... and Carter... and you guys in general as you have to deal with people that just don't get how awesome and special her/your little boy is. It is totally their loss, and I can only imagine how it hurts you to see Hailey have to face this. But, as you already know, she will grow stronger for this.... it's too bad we have to face tough stuff to become strong...

so you going to be stalking Ty?

and its very hard to scamble an egg, takes years of practice and training. you, young grasshopper are not ready to learn.

won't grow up or can't?? :D

ok, its a good night for me, i just got cancelled for 4hours from work. so i only have to work 8hours tonite. piece of cake.
Nope... just wanna be a part of it, as I just love the show & what they accomplish... it's pretty amazing, don't you think?

:shake:

you nailed it....

Oh, now you've done it... last time I said that, I TOTALLY lived to regret it.... :hide:

How's everyone??

Marilyn Michetti
08-06-2008, 07:08 PM
But Marilyn, then Pogo and Ken couldn't go to it because they aren't that old yet. Do you think it should be for those over 55? And no Pogo, I'm not that old yet!!!:D

Boy, you get a good idea, and all the kids want a piece of it.

O.K., fifty five and over. Isn't that the rule for the early bird, blue plate special at IHOP:D

Caroleh
08-06-2008, 07:27 PM
Hey guys just a quick zoop. I was hoping that maybe you could all send Hailey a truckload of hugs. We had a great time with the family today as you can see here (http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm101/traci_moeller/DSC03099.jpg) Well, that's everyone but me, I had to take the picture. Anyway, today was supposed to be Josh's (Carters bio father) second visit. The visit was supposed to be at 4. She talked to Josh at 3:30 (she called him to make sure the time was still goo) and he said he didn't get much sleep and would like to take a nap so could she call him and wake him at 4:30 and he would walk over (they only live 1/8 of a mile away) So she called and nobody answered, she called again a little while later and still no answer. So last week, the grandparents blew Carter off after whining to the judge the day before that they wanted to see him and this week they all blew him off :mad: She is crushed that they could just blow Carter off and so concerned that if the court doesn't listen that they will continue to do so as he gets older and will devastate him. :( It breaks my heart to see her hurt, I just want to curl up and cry for her. :sob: Anyway, as you say your prayers tonight or are just thinking quietly can you say a few words for her? That this will get easier. She has such a big heart and she and Carter deserve so much more out of life.

Grrrrr...I had this almost responded to and my computer acted up, so I'll see if I can do this again...

:hug: for you and Hailey, Traci. Carter is extremely lucky to have you and your family there for him, that's more then some kids have.(This is experience talking). Anyone can father a child but it takes someone special to be a Daddy. I don't mean to sound harsh because I know Hailey wants Carter to know his biological father, but with Josh and his family being irresponsible is it good for Carter in the long run?

Meanwhile, document everything..the missed meetings, the phone calls Hailey makes, the one's Josh and his family makes, everything. It helps when you go to court. Also what about having the court appoint someone to supervise the meetings for Josh and his family...someone that the family will have to pay if they missed meetings. I'm concerned that the family would come back and say that you wouldn't let them see him(I watch WAY too much Judge Judy!!!)

At least Carter has the love and responsible people to help him grow up in a very healthy atmosphere!!!

Marilyn...go back and ask a question before Rhonda gives you one of these...:nono: Just add an ? after IHOP!!!

TikiGoddess
08-06-2008, 07:28 PM
so you going to be stalking Ty? i figured out why i like that show so much. i just want to see the people go to Disney World. :blush:

kate

Yup, that's me too. I also watch the bad tv shows from the 80's, like Roseanne, when they go to WDW.

The kids are in bed (well, in their rooms) so now I SHOULD be able to get some stuff done around the house. We'll see if I do, considering the distraction of a JQ thread and an email I just received.

Its the picture that I have to write a caption for --- for the contest!!! It's a pic from the Jungle Cruise --- the part where the gorillas are tearing apart the camp. Can I post a link to it and get some ideas from y'all?

Kathy

MMouse6937
08-06-2008, 07:44 PM
Its the picture that I have to write a caption for --- for the contest!!! It's a pic from the Jungle Cruise --- the part where the gorillas are tearing apart the camp. Can I post a link to it and get some ideas from y'all?

Kathy, I'm SOOO excited. Send me a link or post it here so I can see the picture, I would love to help you. I can't believe you made it through, that's so great!! I so wanted to win but I got way caught up on one of the questions and I knew I was not one of the 15 quickest, I was hoping to be someone in the random pile, but *sigh* not to be!! But now I can live vicariously through you, that's ok right? Except if you win, you have to take me!! Just kidding....let me know how I can help.

I'm off to do something else exciting, I'll give you the scoop when I get back. :hug: to all!!

TikiGoddess
08-06-2008, 08:40 PM
Kathy, I'm SOOO excited. Send me a link or post it here so I can see the picture, I would love to help you. I can't believe you made it through, that's so great!! I so wanted to win but I got way caught up on one of the questions and I knew I was not one of the 15 quickest, I was hoping to be someone in the random pile, but *sigh* not to be!! But now I can live vicariously through you, that's ok right? Except if you win, you have to take me!! Just kidding....let me know how I can help.

I'm off to do something else exciting, I'll give you the scoop when I get back. :hug: to all!!

Thanks for the good wishes, Sarah! I really appreciate it. Here's the picture -- feel free, all, to PM me any possible captions.

Caption Needed (http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f369/songster02/adventureland_challenge_round_2_pho.jpg)

Speaking of captions, check out my new thread in Theme Parks (well, I'm posting it after I finish here). I'm starting an Intercot version of the contest -- no prizes at the end but bragging rights, though.

Kathy

ElenitaB
08-06-2008, 08:40 PM
Five questions from me tonight:

1- Isn't it time to pull up the stakes and move this puppy yet?
2- How is your toe, Rhonda?
3- Sandy, have we told you lately how much we appreciate you bringing the morning beverages?
4- Are we sending Vito up north to talk to those folks trying to play on Hailey's emotions?
5- Just where is Diane? I'm beginning to get worried.

(Gosh... I'm going all Rusty tonight. Must be the accountants I work with rubbing off on me.)

Well, back to work for me! Later, :gator:s

Tink&Goofy
08-06-2008, 08:54 PM
I just arranged a sick day, so I'm staying at home!!!
Wow, you "arrange" your sick days? Mine are usually spur of the moment, when I'm not feeling so good....;)

:drama: Ah yes..... I've put up with guitarist's wishing they could be a drummer.... and husbands, wishing they could have the love I have, so I'm used to having people like you wish they could be like me.

:ack:

Don't worry about that.... after you left, I took inventory and put the little bit that was left away. Boy you drank a lot !

:ditto:

Did not!! I was still standing when I left, wasn't I??

You don't remember? Maybe we need Capt. Jack's opinion on this. Hey Capt. Jack - why is the rum gone? :D

So today was a very long day - a nice loooong chat with some folks, and boom - the day was gone!! So whats for dinner? Like my sign says - it must be fast, cheap and easy! :D

pogo
08-06-2008, 09:00 PM
And yes I totally understand about the bathing suit deal. Me too. And no comment from you pogo. Okay?
Okie Dokie ! :thumbsup:

So from your previous comment Pogo, are you a lost boy or have you just lost your marbles like in the Pan remake with Robin Williams?
A little of both, I'm afraid. Is there something wrong with that ???

You people are crazy hard to keep up with! I figured out that if I leave my computer on and keep one browser open, devoted to the JQ thread... then all I have to do is refresh and read the 20 posts that came in in the last 10 minutes.
Come on Kathy..... take the training wheels off and get with it ! ;) You can do it.... I know you can.

Do you mean we can't wear our Granny and Uncle Jed swimsuits to the cement pond?

Maybe we should do a water park to let you know how we like it!!!
No silly..... it means you have to wear a swimsuit.

I just want photo's of Gilles doing Summit Plummit !

But Marilyn, then Pogo and Ken couldn't go to it because they aren't that old yet. Do you think it should be for those over 55? And no Pogo, I'm not that old yet!!!

:zipped:

Hey guys just a quick zoop. I was hoping that maybe you could all send Hailey a truckload of hugs. We had a great time with the family today as you can see here (http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm101/traci_moeller/DSC03099.jpg) Well, that's everyone but me, I had to take the picture. Anyway, today was supposed to be Josh's (Carters bio father) second visit. The visit was supposed to be at 4. She talked to Josh at 3:30 (she called him to make sure the time was still goo) and he said he didn't get much sleep and would like to take a nap so could she call him and wake him at 4:30 and he would walk over (they only live 1/8 of a mile away) So she called and nobody answered, she called again a little while later and still no answer. So last week, the grandparents blew Carter off after whining to the judge the day before that they wanted to see him and this week they all blew him off She is crushed that they could just blow Carter off and so concerned that if the court doesn't listen that they will continue to do so as he gets older and will devastate him. It breaks my heart to see her hurt, I just want to curl up and cry for her. Anyway, as you say your prayers tonight or are just thinking quietly can you say a few words for her? That this will get easier. She has such a big heart and she and Carter deserve so much more out of life.
Thanks guys, you're the best.
Lots of prayers and :pixie:

won't grow up or can't??

yeah, yeah. i will get you back. just you wait and see.

A little of both.... is there something wrong with that ???

I'm a waitin Kate..... I'm a waitin. :D

Yup, that's me too. I also watch the bad tv shows from the 80's, like Roseanne, when they go to WDW.

The kids are in bed (well, in their rooms) so now I SHOULD be able to get some stuff done around the house. We'll see if I do, considering the distraction of a JQ thread and an email I just received.

Kathy

Hey.... I'm game.... send the link and we'll see what we can do. :thumbsup:

I'm off to do something else exciting, I'll give you the scoop when I get back.

Oh I'm soooooo excited..... hurry back and tell us ! :D

drummerboy
08-06-2008, 09:14 PM
Five questions from me tonight:

1- Isn't it time to pull up the stakes and move this puppy yet?
Gettin' close. Anybody got a destination preference?

Tink&Goofy
08-06-2008, 09:17 PM
A quick zoop while dinners cookin.

Just heard that a helicopter carrying firefighters in north/central CA crashed and 9 are missing a presumed dead. The firefighter contractor is out of Oregon. Could you please say a little prayer ? My nephew has been fighting fires in that area, and we haven't heard. :(

Thanks.

Beast_fanatic
08-06-2008, 10:00 PM
I'd take some pain pills..... drink a few :marg: and call in !

Did you know that all I get for my toe pain is ibuprofen?

Rhonda, I'm glad to hear things went well, even though the numbness is now wearing off... as far as shoes, can you do flip flops for a day???

Actually, I can't do flip flops at all as I hurt one of my big toes a long time ago, and I can no longer wear anything between my toes. But, I wore my Tevas instead as they adjust across the ball of the foot, so I was able to get them on. I just stayed at my desk most of the day and avoided the HR ladies (they're a bit insane about appropriate footwear).

Lots of gentle :hug: to you, and some :pixie: for the bruising!

Hey guys just a quick zoop. I was hoping that maybe you could all send Hailey a truckload of hugs.

Lots of :hug: headed to Hailey and to you!

Boy, you get a good idea, and all the kids want a piece of it.

O.K., fifty five and over. Isn't that the rule for the early bird, blue plate special at IHOP

Marilyn...go back and ask a question before Rhonda gives you one of these...:nono: Just add an ? after IHOP!!!

Shame on you! :fresh:

2- How is your toe, Rhonda?

It's OK. Thanks for asking. I got to take the giant bandage off and I soaked it for 10 minutes as instructed and then re-bandaged it. Robert said it looked nasty, but he's kind of squeamish anyway. I should be able to wear appropriate sandals to work tomorrow.

Just heard that a helicopter carrying firefighters in north/central CA crashed and 9 are missing a presumed dead. The firefighter contractor is out of Oregon. Could you please say a little prayer ? My nephew has been fighting fires in that area, and we haven't heard.

I heard that too and immediately thought of him. Lots of :pixie: headed that way!

Off to do a little work now as I've committed to being completely done with my project by the end of next week.

Dsnygirl
08-06-2008, 10:18 PM
I'm off to do something else exciting, I'll give you the scoop when I get back.
So..... where'd you go.... what'd you do.....

Five questions from me tonight...

wow.... can I borrow from you sometime when I'm fresh out???

You don't remember? Maybe we need Capt. Jack's opinion on this. Hey Capt. Jack - why is the rum gone? :D

Good luck with that.... I gave him open season to come on here and rag on my royally, but lucky for me, our mouse decided not to work that night and he just hasn't had the impetus to get back on since then... that comment may do it, though!!

Gettin' close. Anybody got a destination preference?
Hmmm.... since we're a flying machine, maybe we should join Dr. Who in his tardis??? Mikki'd like that!! :thumbsup: ( and we could continue to stop off wherever we'd like while we're there!!)

Just heard that a helicopter carrying firefighters in north/central CA crashed and 9 are missing a presumed dead. The firefighter contractor is out of Oregon. Could you please say a little prayer ? My nephew has been fighting fires in that area, and we haven't heard. :(
Cindy, you've got our prayers... I sure hope your nephew wasn't involved... what an awful thing to have happened, esp. to those wonderful men out there saving lives & homes & so much that is dear to us. Be sure to let us know what you hear...

On a lighter note (b/c if I don't, I'll have nightmares when I head off to bed in a moment...) you mentioned that dinner had to be quick, cheap & easy... so whatcha cookin'?? :D

I'm just finishing a bowl of ice-cream and trying to relax... I got myself all undone about stuff around here that really, in the grand scheme of things, doesn't matter... so hopefully, I'll wake up and my perspective will be righted.

I hope you all have a good night -- I'll see you in the morning, with hot coffee and some cinnamon buns!! (That should do it, right??)

MMouse6937
08-06-2008, 11:06 PM
Oh I'm soooooo excited..... hurry back and tell us ! :D

So..... where'd you go.... what'd you do.....

OK, so Mike and I just went to dinner with Matt Hotchberg who is one of the hosts of the WDW Today podcast! He lives in Orlando now and his fiance's roommate from the college program at WDW was from here and is getting married this weekend. It was so neat to meet someone like that from the Disney community here in little old Albuquerque :D We went and had some Mexican food and talked, it was really nice, he's such a nice guy.

Mike says I'm like the Disney superstar, first my interview with Lou and now dinner with Matt, I'm so smoozing my way into Disney stuff! :D

What's everyone else up to? I'm off to fold some laudry and hit the sheets, 5:30 will be here before you know it. :hug: to all of you, love ya!!

Kisobel
08-07-2008, 01:17 AM
Hmmm.... since we're a flying machine, maybe we should join Dr. Who in his tardis??? Mikki'd like that!! :thumbsup: ( and we could continue to stop off wherever we'd like while we're there!!)

I'm just finishing a bowl of ice-cream and trying to relax... I got myself all undone about stuff around here that really, in the grand scheme of things, doesn't matter... so hopefully, I'll wake up and my perspective will be righted.

ok, i had ice cream tonite as well. are you trying to copy me?? and work is going fine. i'm on 7th floor with 4 pods and looking at disney stuff.

OK, so Mike and I just went to dinner with Matt Hotchberg who is one of the hosts of the WDW Today podcast! He lives in Orlando now and his fiance's roommate from the college program at WDW was from here and is getting married this weekend. It was so neat to meet someone like that from the Disney community here in little old Albuquerque :D We went and had some Mexican food and talked, it was really nice, he's such a nice guy.

wow, :notworth:

kate

disneydeb
08-07-2008, 07:04 AM

:pixie: for Carter and Hailey! Laura, Gage and I feel your pain. I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.:hug:

Marilyn. Are you trying to match my grace score? Be careful!

offwego
08-07-2008, 07:20 AM
Morning all, coffee's up. Prayers for those that needed them (keep us posted T & G ok?)

Ellen I'll be thinking of you too!

Rhonda I have no relations in Texas your HR ladies are not my fault I promise. I'm on a bit of a how come so many people show up late rant myself.

TikiGoddess
08-07-2008, 07:23 AM

I hope you all have a good night -- I'll see you in the morning, with hot coffee and some cinnamon buns!! (That should do it, right??)

I should have gotten the ice cream out last night... I was doing the same thing, blowing stuff out of perspective (one of my daily activities!). Didn't get to sleep until around midnight and had to get up with the girls this morning. Where's the coffee and the cinnamon buns?

Mike says I'm like the Disney superstar, first my interview with Lou and now dinner with Matt, I'm so smoozing my way into Disney stuff! :D

You got interviewed by Lou??? And met Hochberg? I'm so jealous!! I want to hear more! I LIVE on Disney podcasts during the week, especially those two. Yet another reason to go to Mousefest. Yet another reason to win this contest so I can remind my husband that he promised I could go to Mousefest!

(did that make any sense? I just got up about 15 min ago...)

Have a good day, everyone... I think I'm going out with the girls, not sure where. The weather is pointing to indoor activities.

Kathy

MissStyles
08-07-2008, 08:06 AM
Good morning, up and at 'em. The cinnamon rolls are coming out of the oven and the coffee's FRESH.

That is very neat........my mom and sister are faithful wdwradio listeners.....I'm sure they will read about this on here as they like to :lurk:!

ok, i had ice cream tonite as well.

Me too...what flavor? I had a combination of vanilla and caramel Breyers drizzled with honey.....my tummy's not thanking me right now for it but it was worth it.

I hope this day finds you all in good spirits. :marg::beer:

pogo
08-07-2008, 08:28 AM
Good morning all.... the work crew just showed up and they are off and running. I took some pictures of the "before" look. I can't wait for the "after".

I'll be in and out today so play nice ! :D

OK, so Mike and I just went to dinner with Matt Hotchberg who is one of the hosts of the WDW Today podcast! He lives in Orlando now and his fiance's roommate from the college program at WDW was from here and is getting married this weekend. It was so neat to meet someone like that from the Disney community here in little old Albuquerque We went and had some Mexican food and talked, it was really nice, he's such a nice guy.

Mike says I'm like the Disney superstar, first my interview with Lou and now dinner with Matt, I'm so smoozing my way into Disney stuff!
Sarah..... You are a Disney Superstar ! Why do you think I wanted to meet you so bad last year and want to hang with you this year at WDW ??? :D

. Where's the coffee and the cinnamon buns?
I've got the coffee, but if it's buns you want.... you'll have to wait for Alex. :D

Good morning, up and at 'em. The cinnamon rolls are coming out of the oven and the coffee's FRESH.

I guess we don't have to wait for Alex after all. :D

Dsnygirl
08-07-2008, 09:03 AM
OK, so Mike and I just went to dinner with Matt Hotchberg who is one of the hosts of the WDW Today podcast!
That is so cool.... how do you meet these guys??? Of course, I've yet to listen to a podcast... I really ought to, but I don't sit still well when I'm home.... :blush:

and work is going fine. i'm on 7th floor with 4 pods and looking at disney stuff.

Hmmm... guess that means tonight could go either way. Here's hoping for it to go like your night.... (as long as it ended well... ;))

I should have gotten the ice cream out last night... I was doing the same thing, blowing stuff out of perspective (one of my daily activities!). Didn't get to sleep until around midnight and had to get up with the girls this morning.

Where's the coffee and the cinnamon buns?

Isn't it so silly? Frustrates me when I end up feeling that way... esp. when I know it's my own fault for not getting things done, or expecting too much around here... I try to remind myself of what's truly important, but sometimes, the humdrum just takes over.... thank goodness for ice-cream!! :D

Right on the counter.... enjoy!!

I'll be in and out today so play nice ! :D

I've got the coffee, but if it's buns you want.... you'll have to wait for Alex....
...I guess we don't have to wait for Alex after all.

depends on your definition.... :D

Okay, gotta run... otherwise, I'll end up in the same place I was last night, and I've got to go to work instead of eating ice-cream. So, it looks like I'd better get moving!! ;)

Have a great morning, all!!

tinkerbellybutton
08-07-2008, 09:15 AM
Good morning happy peppy people! I certainly hope that everyone has a wonderful day!
Thank you all for the support for Hailey, she is such an incredible person and she's never really been dealt a winning hand.... She's had to work so hard to accomplish everything.
What does everyone have planned for this fabulous day? I'm hoping we see some sun today, I think I'm having withdrawls.
I was lazy this morning so the only thing for breakfast around here is toast and random cereals, dig in.

Sorry. Bad computer !
Yeah, sure, blame the innocent computer.....

:tasty: Well, I didn't make anything with mine, I ate it.....

Traci, we're getting closer and closer to our trips, I can't wait to meet you. I'm going to PM you my cell that way we can stay in touch if something comes up!
Sarah my friend, my heart's all-a-flutter
only 36 days 'till we meet one another! :D

(oh, and guess what? Extreme Makeover : Home Edition is coming to Syracuse this month!!! First Diane, now us -- how weird is that? A construction/developer company from our church was hired to do the building and oversee everything, so we're hoping to get involved in the volunteer effort... unfort., it's during our busiest week this month, but we're still going to try to get at least one shift in. YEAH!!! The big kick-off is next week at our church.... I'm so excited!!!)
That is so great! Get a picture of Ty for me would ya?

:shake: Marilyn, Marilyn, Marilyn, What are we going to do with you. I guess I'll have to wrap you in bubble wrap too...

Are you trying to say we talk to much Kathy?

for you and Hailey, Traci. Carter is extremely lucky to have you and your family there for him, that's more then some kids have.
That is so kind of you to say. I never even thought of having someone supervise that they have to pay fro. But like Hailey said, she doesn't want them to be involved because they have to pay whether they see him or not, she either wants them to be there because they want to be or not be there at all. We're just glad they are pulling it now instead of when he is older and has gotten to know them. As far as documenting, we took it to the next level. We think the same thing as you, wouldn't put it past them to blame something on us. So we checked the laws and found out that in the state of Maine you can video/audio tape as long as one of the parties knows they are being recorded. Which would be us. We video/audio tape all interaction. Including the one visit the bio father had. We want to make sure our bases are covered.

4- Are we sending Vito up north to talk to those folks trying to play on Hailey's emotions?

:funny: Thank you for that Ellen, you're a gem! :hug:

Just heard that a helicopter carrying firefighters in north/central CA crashed and 9 are missing a presumed dead. The firefighter contractor is out of Oregon. Could you please say a little prayer ? My nephew has been fighting fires in that area, and we haven't heard.
:pixie: and prayers heading your way. Let us know when you hear.

for Carter and Hailey! Laura, Gage and I feel your pain. I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks Deb, I know you guys do feel out pain, sometimes I think we're some kind of cosmic twins ;)

Have a terrific day folks :hug:

Nascfan
08-07-2008, 09:25 AM
T&G, let us know about your nephew as soon as you can, ok? Lots of :pixie: headed your way.

Kathy, possible caption for the picture:
"Now where did I put that last banana?"

:hug: and more :pixie: for any that need it.

Hey JQ golfers, and everyone really.....guess where my daughter qualified for her varsity team this year? #1! She finished the three rounds six strokes ahead of our second player (and her BFF) and we are very excited for the season. This is going to be a fun year! Both these girls worked very hard over the summer and deserved every bit of #1 and #2 that they got.

offwego
08-07-2008, 09:53 AM
Scott that's so cool. Is she excited?

Cinnimon buns sound lovely. Any extras?

ElenitaB
08-07-2008, 10:01 AM
Kathy, I was thinking along the lines of "Where did they put the Fastpasses for Splash Mountain?"

Thank you for that Ellen, you're a gem!
Thanks, I needed that... after a call I was on yesterday, I've been feeling much like a lump of coal. :(

Have a great day, everyone! Might be a long one for us today and we'll be gone all day, including Ben's art class late afternoon.

MMouse6937
08-07-2008, 10:20 AM
Sarah..... You are a Disney Superstar ! Why do you think I wanted to meet you so bad last year and want to hang with you this year at WDW ??? :D

Oh stop!! :blush:

That is so cool.... how do you meet these guys??? Of course, I've yet to listen to a podcast... I really ought to, but I don't sit still well when I'm home.... :blush:

I just email them, listen to the podcast, be a part of the community. It's a lot of fun, it makes me feel really connected to what's going on. This is the reason I wanted to go to Mousefest this year, all of these people will be there and it's so nice to be around all these people that feel the same way I do.

And you guys aren't half bad either ;)

So what's new with you guys today? I'm wishing it was Friday but I guess Thursday will have to do. I'll check in later, hope you're all having a fabulous day :hug:

MauiMouse
08-07-2008, 10:31 AM
Good morning all.... the work crew just showed up and they are off and running. I took some pictures of the "before" look. I can't wait for the "after".

So the resort must be close to the "regular" home? Good deal about before and after photos. :thumbsup:

Hey JQ golfers, and everyone really.....guess where my daughter qualified for her varsity team this year? #1! She finished the three rounds six strokes ahead of our second player (and her BFF) and we are very excited for the season. This is going to be a fun year! Both these girls worked very hard over the summer and deserved every bit of #1 and #2 that they got.

Scott, that is great! :golf: My nephew is a big golfer too.

T&G please keep us informed about your nephew. :pixie:

To everyone else :hi: & I'll be back tonight, off to work in a bit, another 5 hour day.

Kisobel
08-07-2008, 10:50 AM
Me too...what flavor? I had a combination of vanilla and caramel Breyers drizzled with honey.....my tummy's not thanking me right now for it but it was worth it.

i had a big reeces pieces sundae from friendl'y with peanut butter fudge ice cream. hormonal much? my tummy's fine, i remembered my lactaid. however i'm sure my blood sugar went through the roof.

Hmmm... guess that means tonight could go either way. Here's hoping for it to go like your night.... (as long as it ended well... ;))

lets see, last night was ........(wait for it)...........boring. i was bored out of my mind. i read trip reports and pros and cons of dvc. and looked up stuff for our new house. hope your night is just as exciting.

raining here, not real conducive to cutting the lawn, or sanding the deck, or pulling up the horrible wood circles in the back yard. guess i will have to go play on my game site.

bye all
kate

offwego
08-07-2008, 11:03 AM
Thanks, I needed that... after a call I was on yesterday, I've been feeling much like a lump of coal. :.
Ellen don't you know that diamonds come from coal? Eventually that is. So truly you should have just been feeling sparkly! (personally I'm all for diamonds but I do like a topaz or two for fun..or rubies or saphires. Sigh why is December so far away?)

drummerboy
08-07-2008, 11:18 AM
Kathy--

How about "Arrrgh; These bad hair days just make me go ape"??

tinkerbellybutton
08-07-2008, 11:19 AM
Ellen don't you know that diamonds come from coal? Eventually that is. So truly you should have just been feeling sparkly! (personally I'm all for diamonds but I do like a topaz or two for fun..or rubies or saphires. Sigh why is December so far away?)
Did you read my mind Natalie? I said the same thing to Ellen in a message on facebook ;) If I'm starting to think like you I can't wait to try out my new intelligence :D

pogo
08-07-2008, 11:30 AM
Very good Scott ! When does she play her first LPGA event ???? :D

Thanks, I needed that... after a call I was on yesterday, I've been feeling much like a lump of coal.
Do I need to speak to somebody for you ??? :boxing:

Oh stop!!

It's true.... you are a Superstar !

So the resort must be close to the "regular" home? Good deal about before and after photos.
Oh yeah..... you might say that. :D

Did you read my mind Natalie? I said the same thing to Ellen in a message on facebook. If I'm starting to think like you I can't wait to try out my new intelligence

OMG...... there goes the Disney money.... :spend:..... spent on shoes ! :D
( you know I love you Natalie... right ?)

MsMin
08-07-2008, 11:34 AM
Good morning happy peppy people! I certainly hope that everyone has a wonderful day!
Thank you all for the support for Hailey, she is such an incredible person and she's never really been dealt a winning hand.... She's had to work so hard to accomplish everything.
That is so kind of you to say. I never even thought of having someone supervise that they have to pay fro. But like Hailey said, she doesn't want them to be involved because they have to pay whether they see him or not, she either wants them to be there because they want to be or not be there at all. We're just glad they are pulling it now instead of when he is older and has gotten to know them. As far as documenting, we took it to the next level. We think the same thing as you, wouldn't put it past them to blame something on us. So we checked the laws and found out that in the state of Maine you can video/audio tape as long as one of the parties knows they are being recorded. Which would be us. We video/audio tape all interaction. Including the one visit the bio father had. We want to make sure our bases are covered.

I'm a little confused; but, if there is anything I can do to help feel free to ask. We use a lot of taping down here but a judge doesn't have to listen to the evidence either. (or so they tell us)
Keep a calendar and document all calls and note the child's emotions and any changes in behavior after interactions. Let me know if you have ???

:congrats: to Lauren...

Thanks, I needed that... after a call I was on yesterday, I've been feeling much like a lump of coal.

You know you are loved :hug: hey and you are right about that warm spot in the water....:diver:
We didn't get to do the dolphin thing.. it was too late to sign up before the trip and was booked when we got there. Maybe next time.

Hey guys, I hit the ground running when I got back. :unsure: We had to admit my dad to the hosp yesterday with nephritis and sepsis. He had no fever but when I got back he was lethargic and no appetite. His home health nurse had not come since Friday... they were "busy" I don't understand it...
My dd Christin is excited about riding in a hot air balloon this weekend.. Their company did the artwork for the festival so it's a perk and she is excited about it. I'll be packing sand in her pockets...
Hope all have a wonderful day..
Anyone up for a "Summit Plummit" challenge??

Dsnygirl
08-07-2008, 12:44 PM
Scott, that is so great... just goes to show how well hard work pays off!! Give her a big congrats from us!! :thumbsup:

Have a great day, everyone! Might be a long one for us today and we'll be gone all day, including Ben's art class late afternoon.
Ellen, I hope your long day turns into a better one than you're expecting... sending a :hug: your way for the hours to slip right by!!

lets see, last night was ........(wait for it)...........boring. i was bored out of my mind. i read trip reports and pros and cons of dvc. and looked up stuff for our new house. hope your night is just as exciting.

raining here, not real conducive to cutting the lawn, or sanding the deck, or pulling up the horrible wood circles in the back yard. guess i will have to go play on my game site.

Me too! Of course, now that I've said that, I'm sure it'll be nuts....

Where do you live again??? It's been sunny, warm & humid here all day so far!! Want to come work on my yard??? :D

(personally I'm all for diamonds but I do like a topaz or two for fun..or rubies or saphires. Sigh why is December so far away?)
Wow.... I wish talk of gems was a natural lead-in to December & Christmas presents at MY house.... I'll have to have your DH give mine a little pep-talk.... ;)

Hey guys, I hit the ground running when I got back. We had to admit my dad to the hosp yesterday with nephritis and sepsis. He had no fever but when I got back he was lethargic and no appetite. His home health nurse had not come since Friday... they were "busy" I don't understand it...

I'm so sorry to hear that... that's not fun to return home to. I hope he gets better quickly -- and I'd have quite a few words for that home health nurse and/or her company... totally not acceptable!! Since when did caring for people fall into a "we'll get there when we're not busy" category?? I'm thinking that if a home health nurse is necessary, there's never an excuse for her to not be there!! Sigh.... :mad:

anyway -- how's everyone's day going so far? Mine's okay... nothing to write home about, which is okay, since I'm home... :blush: ... just feeling a little bored and :( for some reason, nothing major. Hopefully the funk will disapate and I'll be back to my cheery self soon. Catch you guys later!

MMouse6937
08-07-2008, 01:25 PM
:scared: NO NO NO NO NO, I can't imagine doing that slide, that's more Mike's style. The first time he went down he wanted the "I survived Summit Plummet" tank top and when I went to pay for it the CM asked me if I had done the slide and I looked at her like she was crazy!! Not in a million years sister!!

anyway -- how's everyone's day going so far? Mine's okay... nothing to write home about, which is okay, since I'm home... :blush: ... just feeling a little bored and :( for some reason, nothing major. Hopefully the funk will disapate and I'll be back to my cheery self soon. Catch you guys later!
:hug: Blythe that you get cheery again! I've kinda been in a funk lately too but I think it's because the exercise thing has made me so tired!! I just feel like collapsing when I get home, but there's all the animals to take care of, shopping, cooking, etc. Hang in there girl!!

So I'm starving and ready for lunch, anyone else? Actually you guys have probably all eaten lunch already. Which means you're two hours closer than I am to getting to go home!! :mad: Just kidding, have a good afternoon :hug: to you all!

drummerboy
08-07-2008, 01:37 PM
Been there, done that, have the wedgie to prove it. :D

The worst part on SP is not being able to see the slide itself once you get seated to start the plunge.

Did anyone realize that tomorrow is 08-08-08? My secretary just reminded me of that. I told her maybe we could all have a huge lunch and then say "We ate and ate and, oh, ate some more." (Waits for delayed reaction while people make the ate/eight connection.)

Dsnygirl
08-07-2008, 02:04 PM
:hug: Blythe that you get cheery again! I've kinda been in a funk lately too but I think it's because the exercise thing has made me so tired!! I just feel like collapsing when I get home, but there's all the animals to take care of, shopping, cooking, etc. Hang in there girl!!

Thanks... I needed that! I'm sure I'll pull out of it soon, my moods like this never seem to last for long... I may just take a "mental health day" tonight (would that make it a "mental health night?? ;)) and sit around and relax with my family. As in no working -- no cleaning -- no nothing unless it feels fun!! :blush:

Been there, done that, have the wedgie to prove it. :D

The worst part on SP is not being able to see the slide itself once you get seated to start the plunge.

Did anyone realize that tomorrow is 08-08-08? My secretary just reminded me of that. I told her maybe we could all have a huge lunch and then say "We ate and ate and, oh, ate some more." (Waits for delayed reaction while people make the ate/eight connection.)
Ditto.... almost made a comment about still finding parts of your bathing suit, but thought better of it... :blush:

You got that right!! That just about put me right back down those stairs... but you know, once you're there and everybody's watching... esp. your DH, right behind you, who you teased all the way up... up.... up... to the top b/c he didn't really want to do it.... you just gotta take the plunge!! (And scream all .....the ......way...... dowwwwwnnnnnnn!!!)

Cute, very cute.... I hadn't noticed either. Sounds like a pretty good idea, actually....

Okay, I'm off again -- gotta go grocery shopping. Hope everyone's having a good afternoon!!

(And Kate, the rain finally arrived.... it's probably sunny now where you are... but hopefully you're sleeping!!! what in the heck were you doing up earlier, anyway???)

TikiGoddess
08-07-2008, 02:16 PM
Thanks... I needed that! I'm sure I'll pull out of it soon, my moods like this never seem to last for long... I may just take a "mental health day" tonight (would that make it a "mental health night?? ;)) and sit around and relax with my family. As in no working -- no cleaning -- no nothing unless it feels fun!! :blush:

That's what I'm doing. I worked my tail off this morning, cleaning the bathrooms, changing all the beds, picking up around the house, feeding the children (who thankfully played together all morning)... and now I'm done. No more work -- and I even bribed the kids into leaving me alone during 'quiet time'. There's a fireman's carnival in the town next to us tonight, and if it doesn't rain we'll go. If it does rain, it's off to the ice cream store.

I spent the last hour working on a caption for that photo and.... well, I'm glad I'm not a comedy writer on a tv show. I'd never make it. I think as soon as I have some good choices I'll share them and you can tell me which one (if any) are funny.

What's everyone having for dinner tonight? You don't want to come here... leftover rice with chicken and broccoli.

Kathy
Kathy

offwego
08-07-2008, 02:48 PM
Passed my exam! Ken that 08 08 08 joke was pretty good. Jenn would be proud.

I'm not sure what's for dinner but I think it's pizza. (We had mini meatloafs and pasta salad etc for last night but I have errands to run tonight so pizza is always safe when that happens)

Should it be chinese in light of the Olympics?

drummerboy
08-07-2008, 03:08 PM
I spent the last hour working on a caption for that photo and.... well, I'm glad I'm not a comedy writer on a tv show. I'd never make it. I think as soon as I have some good choices I'll share them and you can tell me which one (if any) are funny.
I left you one a couple of posts up.

Anybody want to come to rehearsal tonight?

Kisobel
08-07-2008, 04:07 PM
Me too! Of course, now that I've said that, I'm sure it'll be nuts....

Where do you live again??? It's been sunny, warm & humid here all day so far!! Want to come work on my yard??? :D

i must live in a different climate. i've had thunderstorms pretty much all day, up here.
and get out of your funk- you're going to disney. you have all of us for friends- it doesn't get any better than that :D
seriously though if you need to talk i'm home tonite.

kate

Dsnygirl
08-07-2008, 06:56 PM
Passed my exam!
:party: Yeah!! What does that mean for you now?? Are you certifiable, like pogo?? :D

i must live in a different climate. i've had thunderstorms pretty much all day, up here.

and get out of your funk- you're going to disney. you have all of us for friends- it doesn't get any better than that.

We finally got 'em, around 3pm... lots of rumblies and rain, like we really needed it... :swim:

okay, you're right... you win!! :D

(probably helps that I'm home tonight, too.... :blush: ... and the yummy dinner we had.... and the :beer: I'm drinking... yup, it's all helping....)

Okay, gotta run -- I've promised the girls all day we could play "Horseoploy" so now's the time... hopefully, I won't lose my mortgage or my stables.... :horse:

Anybody have anything good for dessert?? I'm thinking some vanilla ice-cream and fruit sauce.... :tasty:

TikiGoddess
08-07-2008, 07:29 PM
Anybody have anything good for dessert?? I'm thinking some vanilla ice-cream and fruit sauce.... :tasty:

I'm sitting here with Luigi's Real Italian Ice (Lemonade) for dessert. I'm beat... after my whirlwind of cleaning this morning I took the girls to see Wall-E again. What a great movie! I was on another discussion board (sacriledge, i know) and someone was throwing around the idea of redoing Stitch (in Tomorrowland) to a Wall-E theme. Sounds good to me -- anything but chili dog smell!!

Early night for me, folks. Tomorrow we're going to the Rainforest Cafe for lunch and then my brother is coming after dinner to stay over.

Sleep well, and dream of Disney. (I'll be dreaming about gorillas wrecking a camp.)

Kathy

Tink&Goofy
08-07-2008, 08:14 PM
So the new is GOOD! My nephew was not among those on the helicopter that crashed, and is safe. Although that is good news for us, there are other families that did not get good news. Please pray for them, and the safety of those still fighting the fires.

I think this calls for a Lapu Lapu, don't you? This was a really tough day, especially on my sister. I promised my sister I would have one for her, since she can't drink. The sacrifices we must make for family! :drama:

offwego
08-07-2008, 08:24 PM
T & G I think a Lapu Lapu is in order for sure.

Blythe it means I'm kinda certifiable. Actually I signed up for one that would make me certified but this one was for my life insurance stuff. It was a two level exam and a lot of people flunk them so it's nice to get it passed. (plus I get a $500.00 bonus for doing it within the first 6 months which doesn't hurt unless the shoes are too small that is) So do you think it had too many multiple choice questions?

Caroleh
08-07-2008, 08:41 PM
(plus I get a $500.00 bonus for doing it within the first 6 months which doesn't hurt)

How many pairs of shoes is that going to buy? :D

disneydeb
08-07-2008, 09:03 PM
Thanks Deb, I know you guys do feel out pain, sometimes I think we're some kind of cosmic twins ;)

I have often thought our lives seem to follow like paths. - weird , huh?

Ken, could we go visit Pogo? Maybe crash land in his pool?

Kisobel
08-07-2008, 09:13 PM
:
okay, you're right... you win!! :D

(probably helps that I'm home tonight, too.... :blush: ... and the yummy dinner we had.... and the :beer: I'm drinking... yup, it's all helping....)

aren't you supposed to be at work tonite, missy?(insert evil eye here)

ok off to pick up pizza, very not motivated to cook tonite.

kate

offwego
08-07-2008, 09:52 PM
How many pairs of shoes is that going to buy? :D

one or two perhaps. I was going to use it to pay for the other courses. If I do that and that turns into more money are they still the same shoes?

Dsnygirl
08-07-2008, 10:07 PM
Tomorrow we're going to the Rainforest Cafe for lunch and then my brother is coming after dinner to stay over.

Fun!! How nice that there is one near you... I wish there was one here!! We had a take-off on it at our big mall, but it failed... :(

So the new is GOOD! My nephew was not among those on the helicopter that crashed, and is safe. Although that is good news for us, there are other families that did not get good news. Please pray for them, and the safety of those still fighting the fires.

I think this calls for a Lapu Lapu, don't you? This was a really tough day, especially on my sister. I promised my sister I would have one for her, since she can't drink. The sacrifices we must make for family! :drama:
Yeah!! Thank goodness it wasn't your nephew. And you're right, it's still sad for the other families... I can't imagine what their daily lives are like, wondering if their loved ones will make it through the day.

You're quite the martyr, aren't you??? :D

(plus I get a $500.00 bonus for doing it within the first 6 months which doesn't hurt unless the shoes are too small that is)
Sweet!!

aren't you supposed to be at work tonite, missy? (insert evil eye here)

ok off to pick up pizza, very not motivated to cook tonite.

Who, me?? No, you must be talking about my alter-ego, the one who usually cares when she calls in... I, on the other hand, have enjoyed making a delicious dinner, playing with my girls, drinking a few :beer: and basically coming out of today with my sanity intact. (and who are you pretending to be, little miss I felt "icky"... are you the pot?? or am I the kettle?? do I really know what I'm talking about??)

Not sure that would have occurred otherwise... not to mention that I have to work tomorrow night, and really wouldn't have slept much tomorrow with the girls home alone w/ me & all. So, I'll be a better human and a far better nurse tomorrow for it!! Just thinking of my fellow humanity.... :blush: (And did I mention I truly did have a killer headache this afternoon that just about dropped me to my knees?? A bit of darkness, a semi-nap and quite a few Ibuprofen seem to have knocked it back a bit... the :beer: must've helped the rest of the way... ;))

Well, I truly hope today ended for you all as peacefully as mine did... I'll see you guys bright and early (for me) in the morning!!

pogo
08-07-2008, 10:57 PM
Yeah!! What does that mean for you now?? Are you certifiable, like pogo??
OK..... are you taking your shots now that my rum is all gone ???? :confused:

I think this calls for a Lapu Lapu, don't you? This was a really tough day, especially on my sister. I promised my sister I would have one for her, since she can't drink. The sacrifices we must make for family!
I'm glad your family received the good news and pray for the families that received the bad.

Are you really going to have a Lapu lapu oh citrus lips ???? :D

Blythe it means I'm kinda certifiable. Actually I signed up for one that would make me certified but this one was for my life insurance stuff. It was a two level exam and a lot of people flunk them so it's nice to get it passed. (plus I get a $500.00 bonus for doing it within the first 6 months which doesn't hurt unless the shoes are too small that is) So do you think it had too many multiple choice questions?
Good for you.... $500 bonus ??? I never get any bonus's.

:stop:

Who, me?? No, you must be talking about my alter-ego, the one who usually cares when she calls in... I, on the other hand, have enjoyed making a delicious dinner, playing with my girls, drinking a few beers and basically coming out of today with my sanity intact. (and who are you pretending to be, little miss I felt "icky"... are you the pot?? or am I the kettle?? do I really know what I'm talking about??)

Not sure that would have occurred otherwise... not to mention that I have to work tomorrow night, and really wouldn't have slept much tomorrow with the girls home alone w/ me & all. So, I'll be a better human and a far better nurse tomorrow for it!! Just thinking of my fellow humanity.... (And did I mention I truly did have a killer headache this afternoon that just about dropped me to my knees?? A bit of darkness, a semi-nap and quite a few Ibuprofen seem to have knocked it back a bit... the beer must've helped the rest of the way... )

OK.... so Dan had to miss the Buffalo Bills practice and you were home ???? Not fair. But I kept the tickets and went. :D

MMouse6937
08-07-2008, 11:05 PM
Evening all!! Mike and I just got back from a little walk to eat dinner. It was nice to talk and walk (yes I can do both at the same time :D )

Now I'm just doing a little tidying and I'll be off to bed. I'm sure glad tomorrow is Friday, looking forward to my weekend. I'm going to a mobile adoption on Saturday, but Mike's going motorcycle riding on Sunday so I'll have the day to myself.

Hope you have a splendid rest :hug: to you all

Can someone loan me a question?

Tink&Goofy
08-07-2008, 11:21 PM
I can never quite pull off those "mental health" days. I just feel too darn guilty, I guess, and end up worse off than I was to start with. :blush:

Passed my exam!

Should it be chinese in light of the Olympics?
Good Job! :thumbsup:
Chinese....yum!

You may want to double check first - I hear theres some renovation going on....and the pool may be empty....

OK..... are you taking your shots now that my rum is all gone ???? :confused:

Are you really going to have a Lapu lapu oh citrus lips ???? :D

Yep - hitting when you are down and out (of rum :D). I got extra if you need it. Would you like a Lapu Lapu?

Yep. After the day we had, a little swelling is a piece of cake! I think we are all trying to return our blood pressure back to normal....hence the lapu lapu...:D

Quiet evening....Thank God. I am sure glad tomorrow is friday. Will you save me some coffee for the morning?

Natazu
08-07-2008, 11:31 PM
Z:car:P
Hi all. I've been reading but haven't had an abundance of time. Just wanted to say I miss you all.
Oh, anyone want to see five new pics (http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd49/jymandrachel/Alex/) of little Alex?

Beast_fanatic
08-07-2008, 11:33 PM
and get out of your funk- you're going to disney. you have all of us for friends- it doesn't get any better than that :D

kate

I'm sitting here with Luigi's Real Italian Ice (Lemonade) for dessert. I'm beat... after my whirlwind of cleaning this morning I took the girls to see Wall-E again. What a great movie! I was on another discussion board (sacriledge, i know) and someone was throwing around the idea of redoing Stitch (in Tomorrowland) to a Wall-E theme. Sounds good to me -- anything but chili dog smell!!

Early night for me, folks. Tomorrow we're going to the Rainforest Cafe for lunch and then my brother is coming after dinner to stay over.

Sleep well, and dream of Disney. (I'll be dreaming about gorillas wrecking a camp.)

Kathy

And, another. :nono:

So the new is GOOD! My nephew was not among those on the helicopter that crashed, and is safe.

I'm very glad to hear your nephew is safe. And, the families of those that did not receive good news are in my thoughts.

Did I ever mention that my boss is a little sadistic? He knows that I'm struggling to complete my project, but he keeps throwing changes at me! :mad: So, I may be a little scarce for the next week or so (or maybe longer if they catch me after I kill him :thedolls: ;) ). Take care everyone!

HndrdPrcnt
08-08-2008, 03:56 AM
Hi all. I've been reading but haven't had an abundance of time. Just wanted to say I miss you all.
Oh, anyone want to see five new pics (http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd49/jymandrachel/Alex/) of little Alex?

Jym -

Love the pics! Congrats my friend. Oh what fun a newborn is! They bring such a breath of fresh air in to the home. Of course, they don't come with any guarantees of getting sleep anywhere in the near future!! :help:

So, what's everyone's plans for watching the Opening ceremonies??

Natazu
08-08-2008, 05:31 AM
Jym -

Love the pics! Congrats my friend. Oh what fun a newborn is! They bring such a breath of fresh air in to the home. Of course, they don't come with any guarantees of getting sleep anywhere in the near future!! :help:

Thanks John
Opening ceremonies for what? Football season starting early?

disneydeb
08-08-2008, 07:00 AM
Jym, he's a real cutie! Thanks for sharing!

Ken , take us to Beijing, OK?
Pogo is afraid of the liquor bill.;)right Blythe?

pogo
08-08-2008, 07:28 AM
Good morning all and Happy Friday !

Update: in one day we've seen a lot of progress at the resort, but this morning it is raining so they might not work.... we'll have to wait and see.

Evening all!! Mike and I just got back from a little walk to eat dinner. It was nice to talk and walk (yes I can do both at the same time )
But..... can you walk and chew gum at the same time ???? :D

Yep - hitting when you are down and out (of rum ). I got extra if you need it. Would you like a Lapu Lapu?

Quiet evening....Thank God. I am sure glad tomorrow is friday. Will you save me some coffee for the morning?Yes I would thanks. Do you think it would be OK for breakfast ??? It does have orange juice in it.

Coffee is on the counter..... fresh Kona coffee at that. :D

Thanks Jym...... Alex is growing really well.
Patti said he looks like you..... but I had to warn her not to hold it against him. ;)

Jym -

Love the pics! Congrats my friend. Oh what fun a newborn is! They bring such a breath of fresh air in to the home. Of course, they don't come with any guarantees of getting sleep anywhere in the near future!!

:hi: John...... glad you decided to join us. Do you have any idea what you are getting yourself into ?????

I think we are going to skip watching the Olympics this time. Call it a personal boycott, if you will. :D

Ken , take us to Beijing, OK?

Pogo is afraid of the liquor bill.right Blythe?
Why go to a country that has so much pollution and where the people are oppressed ???

I buy wholesale so I'm not afraid of it at all. Besides... I mark it up by 600 % and make a profit. Want to come and see ??? :D

offwego
08-08-2008, 07:33 AM
Good for you.... $500 bonus ??? I never get any bonus's.

OK.... so Dan had to miss the Buffalo Bills practice and you were home ???? Not fair. But I kept the tickets and went. :D
Ohh Matt's going to be jealous about the bills it's his fave team. And didn't you have any incentives at the begining to hit milestones faster? I received a training bonus of some kind (1000) plus the 500 and so far a bottle of wine. (I'll get two bottles of champagne for last week's sales when the money is transfered in though so that's good). Got to say I'm likeing the reward system at least I don't have to worry about poor lonely steaks.

Think I could switch it to a shoe reward?

: So, I may be a little scarce for the next week or so (or maybe longer if they catch me after I kill him :thedolls: ;) ). Take care everyone! Rhonda I hope your foot gets better!

Coffee is on the counter..... fresh Kona coffee at that. :D

Why go to a country that has so much pollution and where the people are oppressed ???

Kona coffee yum! As to China I'm kind of the belief that the Olympics allow the people to see what the rest of the world can be like and can help in the long run. If you don't put light on dark places they stay dark.

Caroleh
08-08-2008, 07:56 AM

Thanks, Jym!!! He's a cutie!!

Will ever stop raining?

pogo
08-08-2008, 08:26 AM
Ohh Matt's going to be jealous about the bills it's his fave team. And didn't you have any incentives at the begining to hit milestones faster? I received a training bonus of some kind (1000) plus the 500 and so far a bottle of wine. (I'll get two bottles of champagne for last week's sales when the money is transfered in though so that's good). Got to say I'm likeing the reward system at least I don't have to worry about poor lonely steaks.

Kona coffee yum! As to China I'm kind of the belief that the Olympics allow the people to see what the rest of the world can be like and can help in the long run. If you don't put light on dark places they stay dark.
Tell Matt to remind me to tell him about the conversation I had with Trent Edwards before practice started. His father and I used to work together a long time ago.

Some of the companies I represent give award trips for achievement. I have myself spread out so much they are hard to attain. But, I'd rather the money than the trip. With the money I can go where Patti and I like to go. Do you know where that might be ???? :D

I don't mind the shedding of light, but I don't like the $$$$ going to a government that won't allow basic freedoms that we Americans (and Canadians) take for granted.

Will ever stop raining?

I hope so.... it stopped here and the crew is working..... the first half of the work might be done today. :D

MMouse6937
08-08-2008, 08:29 AM
Jym, he's so beautiful and looks like he's getting bigger and bigger everyday! Thanks for sharing!

Did I ever mention that my boss is a little sadistic? He knows that I'm struggling to complete my project, but he keeps throwing changes at me! :mad: So, I may be a little scarce for the next week or so (or maybe longer if they catch me after I kill him). Take care everyone!
:hug: to you Rhonda that everything goes well and that you don't have to resort to murder ;)

But..... can you walk and chew gum at the same time ???? :D
I think we are going to skip watching the Olympics this time. Call it a personal boycott, if you will. :D

Absolutely not! :D

I'm actually looking forward to the Olympics tonight. I have been watching shows on National Geographic about how they built the "bird's nest" and the aquatic center and it's fascinating. I really enjoy swimming events too. I'm sure we'll be watching, but the track and field has me somewhat jaded after Marion Jones, so I might skip that.

How's the morning treating everyone? I'm just getting ready to head off to work for what I hope to be a short Friday, some of our patients have cancelled which is fine with me! Hope you all have a fabulous day, I'll check in later :hug:

drummerboy
08-08-2008, 08:35 AM
Quick! Everybody pack up. Somebody needs our help.

Off we go to......................................