PDA

View Full Version : Stroller Rental Prices

jonahbear2006
07-10-2008, 01:14 AM
Did stroller rental prices go up? I thought we paid $16 a stroller, for a double, in Feb. Their site says that a double is $31 a day!!! I don't remember it being that high. That is a hundred dollars for just three days. wow. Even at $27 a day for buying them all in one shot, that's enough to make me buy a double right there.

Briansmom
07-10-2008, 07:16 AM
Yes, it is true. We were just there in May and I almost fell over when the cast member told me the total I owed just for one day. If it hadn't been for the fact that my son really needed it that day, I would have left it sitting there. We ended up renting a wheelchair for five days for just $14 more than what it cost for a double for one day. It is really ridiculous. I wish I had gotten a MacLaren from one of the local vendors. But the wheelchair actually worked out pretty good for our DS.

onjbj
07-10-2008, 07:18 AM
Yes, stroller prices went up a few months ago. It seems cheaper to buy a stroller and leave it there than to rent one for the duration of a trip! I've never rented one anyway, but I certainly would never do it now.

madandmaksmom
07-10-2008, 09:06 AM
It is nuts! :eek: We are staying 9 days and were going to rent a double. For that price we decided that we could just buy a really nice, comfortable stroller that both our 18 month and 5 year old could use. At least we would be able to get use out of it at home also. We are disppointed in the hassle of having to bring our own.

Lady
07-10-2008, 11:09 AM
We no longer have a stroller for our 6 year old but she really needs one in the evenings to keep her going. We drive so we looked up a local consignment shop and went there to purchase our stroller. We got a really nice Maclaren for $40. We used it for the week and on our way out we saw a little girl about our DDs age begging for a stroller and the mom very nicely trying to reason with her about the cost. We asked if she would like ours as we were done. She took it and said she would pass it along on her last day. I refused to pay over $150 for a stroller we would only use a few hours in the evenings during our week long visit. My advice is to buy used or cheap and leave it there or give it away on your last day.

tink'72
07-10-2008, 11:15 AM
We no longer have a stroller for our 6 year old but she really needs one in the evenings to keep her going. We drive so we looked up a local consignment shop and went there to purchase our stroller. We got a really nice Maclaren for $40.

I think this is a great idea! I have a 5 year old son who still needs a stroller. We are driving from Boston and I'm going to look for consignment shops along the way to what I can pick up! Thanks for the idea.

jonahbear2006
07-10-2008, 02:19 PM
Well, we aren't done having children and are planning on concieving a 5th child next year, so this cost is just talking me into buying a double stroller and taking it with me. Jeez. Why would they hike up the price on the strollers soooo high? I am sure we will get plenty of use out of a double but man I just can't see $100 on strollers that you don't keep. Surely they are going to feel a pinch with people choosing against them now. I looked at my reciept. A double, was, in fact, $16 in Feb. consignment sounds nice too, though I would rather just toss something in the trunk and have it ready to go. I do like the idea of getting a stroller and passing it on. That is awesome! The other thing I don't like about the rentals is that our stroller was confused with another in Feb and we got our Picnic quilt stolen from us. In your own stroller, this probably wouldn't happen.

tink'72
07-11-2008, 09:53 AM
Does anyone know how much a single stroller rental is?

Young@Heart
07-11-2008, 10:23 AM
Does anyone know how much a single stroller rental is?

A single stroller rental is $15/day. :(