PDA

View Full Version : aerosol sunscreen allowed?

madandmaksmom
07-09-2008, 08:52 PM
Hello All,

I have a kind of crazy question about sunscreen. Do they currently allow the cans of aerosol sunscreen to be taken into the parks? We go every year, and it has never been a problem before. But laws and rules change so often these days!

A couple of weekends ago, we went to another large chain amusement park and were not allowed to bring it in. They took it and we had to check it with security. Anytime I needed to reapply it, we had to exit the park, check it out and apply it outside the turnstiles. They said it was a possible weapon?! This was a new policy there this year.

Has anyone had this happen at Disney recently? I don't want to spend money on spray-on sunscreen that I can't use.

Thanks a lot!

Beast_fanatic
07-09-2008, 10:19 PM
Some of the WDW rules were recently posted in the Theme Parks section, and there was nothing against aerosols listed there.

Aurora
07-10-2008, 02:56 PM
We were fine bringing spray sunblock into the parks. In fact at Typhoon Lagoon they were spraying people down for free in a booth near the lockers! Granted, they were "official," but there were lots of cans on the table, so.....

tys_mommy
07-10-2008, 04:50 PM
we used it in April - no one ever told us it was wrong.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-10-2008, 10:17 PM
I hope they don't outlaw this kind. I just bought some to use this summer and hopefully take with me in Sept.

quest4dl
07-10-2008, 10:56 PM
Can you pack this stuff in your suitcase or does it fall in the 'pressurized' materials category?

#1disneyfan
07-10-2008, 11:56 PM
I took aerosol hairspray and sunscreen on the plane and had no problems (checked luggage of course).

I also took aerosol sunscreen into the parks and had no problems.

This was just this past June, btw.

Good luck.

Young@Heart
07-11-2008, 10:34 AM
Hmmm....we're planning on taking it w/ us as well. I have a small bottle of reg. for a back-up, just in case. But the spray is just so convenient, esp. w/ 3 kids!

teambricker04
07-14-2008, 03:49 PM
Who ever made up that rule never tried to get sunscreen on a 3yo!!!

I love this stuff... they actually sell it in the parks for more than 10 bucks a can (As of May). I can't imagine they wouldn't allow it in, but your right things change so often!!!

Jasper
07-14-2008, 03:59 PM
My wife was reading the "official" rules the other day and there was not anything about spray on sunscreen. Of course, you should alway use common sense and watch out for over spray that might get on others and all that sort of thing. As long as it doesn't get to be a nuisance I would think they would continue to allow it.

sainter
07-14-2008, 08:22 PM
Can you pack this stuff in your suitcase or does it fall in the 'pressurized' materials category?

I'm sure it is pressurized but I have packed hairspray, spray deoderant and other cans in checked luggage with no problem. :thumbsup: