PDA

View Full Version : Question about payment

pink
07-09-2008, 07:24 PM
My DBF and I are going to WDW in September and a few weeks ago I payed for the deposit under my credit card. However, him and I were going to split the cost of the hotel room 50/50. I figured that at check-out he would pay the remaining balance on the room but now I'm unsure. Is this possible or is he just going to have to credit me back and have me pay for the whole room bill? Thanks. :mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-09-2008, 08:21 PM
I've done this with my sister before and it wasn't a problem. But that was at the Dolphin so maybe that makes a difference? It shouldn't matter though, they should still be able to split it.

Pirate Granny
07-09-2008, 08:33 PM
The room has to be paid in full at check IN, that is Disney's policy...so, as long as between the deposit and either one or two credit cards pay the room rate in full there will be no issues.
:pirate:

gerald72
07-09-2008, 09:25 PM
Yes, it must be paid at check IN. But I would think the remaining balance would be more than the deposit. Good deal for you.

brownie
07-10-2008, 09:59 AM
You could always apply a payment to your room prior to your trip to bring the balance remaining to half the room cost; then your boyfriend could pay his half at check-in.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-11-2008, 04:57 PM
;) We had to be paid in full 45 days before arrival...may want to check on this

pink
07-11-2008, 05:59 PM
We had to be paid in full 45 days before arrival...may want to check on this

Never heard of this before but I'll ask about it.

You could always apply a payment to your room prior to your trip to bring the balance remaining to half the room cost; then your boyfriend could pay his half at check-in.

I didn't know if I could do that or not, I think that will be best.

Yes, it must be paid at check IN. But I would think the remaining balance would be more than the deposit. Good deal for you.

Haha, yes it would be but if I didn't pay ahead of time I would pay him back. :mickey:

KathyMJ
07-11-2008, 07:58 PM
;) We had to be paid in full 45 days before arrival...may want to check on this

If you book a "package" it must be paid for 45 days prior to arrival. But if you book a "room only" reservation, the balance (after deposit) is due upon check in.

kakn7294
07-11-2008, 10:49 PM
It doesn't matter who paid the deposit and how you did it when it comes to paying for the balance at check-in. Several years ago, we paid our own deposit but then Dad paid for our balance with his rewards card (to earn the rewards credit) and we paid him back with cash when we got home - and he wasn't even staying with us in that room. As long as they get their money, they don't care who pays and how.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-12-2008, 10:55 AM
If you book a "package" it must be paid for 45 days prior to arrival. But if you book a "room only" reservation, the balance (after deposit) is due upon check in.

:blush: That's probably why we had to pay in advance, we always do package. Thanks for info.