PDA

View Full Version : Twilight (On DVD 3/21/09)

Pages : [1] 2

pink
07-09-2008, 07:21 PM
I've heard so many good things about the book "Twilight" so I decided to give it a try and I couldn't put it down! It's also come to my attention that the movie version is coming out 12/12 of this year. I was wondering if there were any other Twlight fans on Intercot. :mickey:

Georgesgirl1
07-09-2008, 08:41 PM
Oh my gosh! I am a huge fan too. I started reading the series after a friend suggested it since I was going through Harry Potter withdrawl. I couldn't put them down. I can't wait for Breaking Dawn to come out on August 2nd...less than a month to go! I am also excited about the movie.

Are you an Edward or Jacob fan? I am all about Edward!

DisneyFreak23
07-09-2008, 09:55 PM
Can someone tell me what Twilight is about? I really am not sure what it is or is about...:confused:

KineGirl
07-09-2008, 10:16 PM
LOL oh no! Not another Edward lover! J/J..

My daughter knows I love vampire books so she insisited that I read it. She forgot to tell me what a love stoy it is though. I kept wanting it to turn more vampire/less love. I really wanted Edward or someone else in his family to lose control and kill Bella in a rage .. then Edward could play the psycho, tormented vampire. But alas.. their love is too strong. Its an interesting read but unlike Harry Potter I dont see it grabbing, lets just say a more "mature" audience - this one was all but made for teen girls.

Regardless of how I feel about it (after all Im a Mom) every girl from 12-18 are reading these books around here and eagerly awaiting the movie. Speaking of which I thought the guy who played Cedric in Harry Potter was an interesting choice for Edward. Not quite who I pictured in my head.

Am I the only one who gets a little creeped out by the fact that Edward is a 100 year old guy macking on a teenage girl? I know hes trapped in an eternal 18 YO body but he is OLD! I might have enjoyed the book more if I had been able to get that fact out of the front of my mind while reading it.

TinkiTime1989
07-09-2008, 11:03 PM
Fellow Twilighter here. I got pulled in after a few friends of mine started reading the saga. Now I'm hooked. There's actually a small group of us planning to go to the midnight release party for Breaking Dawn at our local Borders store. While I love Jacob, he annoys me sometimes and I am definitely more of a Team Edward girl. We're even making t-shirts and Bella bracelet's for the party.

Sunshine1010
07-09-2008, 11:45 PM
The guy from Shark Boy and Lava Girl is starring in it - Taylor Laudner. He's grown up! He's also a big black belt (on YouTube) competitor. On YouTube, they also have a lot of clips and interviews about the movie.

akoutelas
07-10-2008, 02:02 PM
I am a huge fan of the twilight series. I am also eagerly counting down the days for Breaking Dawn to be released in August-I have it pre-ordered. December seems like forever away to see the movie.

Definitely an Edward fan!

I love romantic vampire novels. Does anyone have any suggestions for another series/books that are similar?

threeh
07-10-2008, 02:05 PM
another twilight fan. I can't wait until august 2 for the next book. :cloud9: I am trying to get my son go with me to a book release party. I am relistening to the audio books on my ipod right now. I am looking forward to the movie as well. They are suposed to be on the cover or Entertainment Weekly this week.

TinkiTime1989
07-10-2008, 02:05 PM
I love romantic vampire novels. Does anyone have any suggestions for another series/books that are similar?

I've heard that the Vampire Diaries are supposed to be good as well, but I haven't read them yet.

threeh
07-10-2008, 02:08 PM

Try the sookie stackhouse books (by Charlaine Harris) they are good. I also like the Queen Betsy series (undead and unwed) Both these series are more adult than Twilight but good reads. They have some romance and good story lines too. Both have other supernatural creatures in the series as well. I tried to read the anita blake series but didn't care for it.

akoutelas
07-10-2008, 02:16 PM
I also tried to read the Anita Blake series and didn't care for it by the 3rd book.

TINKERBELL_82
07-10-2008, 02:18 PM
Oh how funny, my friend is obsessed with this series as well. She let me borrow the first book, and its been sitting on my dresser for a little over a week now. I really need to start reading it...:mickey:

pink
07-10-2008, 06:29 PM
Are you an Edward or Jacob fan? I am all about Edward!

I'm also a big Harry Potter fan and this is the first series I've actually become attached to since then. I only started reading the second book today but I'm an Edward fan all the way. I kind of feel bad for Jacob.

Its an interesting read but unlike Harry Potter I dont see it grabbing, lets just say a more "mature" audience - this one was all but made for teen girls.

Speaking of which I thought the guy who played Cedric in Harry Potter was an interesting choice for Edward.

Am I the only one who gets a little creeped out by the fact that Edward is a 100 year old guy macking on a teenage girl?

I agree, this one is more mature than HP. It's more a love story than anything. I was also suprised to see an HP actor in the Twilight series, he's not exactly what I expected but he fits. It's a little creepy to think he's really that old but I got over it, he's too charming to not like.

There's actually a small group of us planning to go to the midnight release party for Breaking Dawn at our local Borders store.

I just went to the buy the second book today and saw the 4th one was coming out already! I need to catch up on my reading.

I can't wait for the movie to come out now. The teaser trailer is way to short, I need to see more, haha. :mickey:

Georgesgirl1
07-10-2008, 07:11 PM
[QUOTE=KineGirl;1683103] Its an interesting read but unlike Harry Potter I dont see it grabbing, lets just say a more "mature" audience - this one was all but made for teen girls.

QUOTE]

I would disagree. I am 27 and am totally enthralled. The friend who suggested it to me is 32 and one of my friends at church who is in her early 40's is also hooked. I think these books basically appeal to the romantics of the world. I mean look at Edward...other than the fact that he could kill you at any moment, he is a dream guy. It's just like movies such as Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast appealing to adults. It doesn't appeal to all adults, but lots of adults love them...

AdventurerKim
07-11-2008, 10:28 PM
I read Twilight last fall at the suggestion of a friend/co-worker (librarian) who loves the series. I'm not sure how I feel about these books. I know I would have loved them when I was in high school, 20 years ago. Many of my students and kids who are generaly non-readers are reading them which I think is great. Anything to get kids reading for pleasure is awesome to me!

I read New Moon and Eclipse this summer back to back, which was probably a mistake bc by the middle of Eclipse, I was sick of it and ready to read something new. The story took twists and turns I didn't expect, but I'm not burning for #4 which I will probably eventually read just to see whether Bella becomes a vampire or not, which I don't think she should, and what happens to Jacob. I'm partial to Edward bc he was the type I was attracted to when I was in high school. I was much more absorbed in Harry Potter than these books and like Rowling's style better. My curiousity is piqued about the Twilight movie which I will see but will probably wait for Netflix. I'm anxiously anticipating The City of Ember movie bc that series is great!

brewcrew26
08-20-2008, 12:53 AM
I also fell in love with Edward! :blush: FYI: The movie has now moved up it's release date to Nov. 21 (the date that Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince was going to be released). I think I like Edward so much just because I love Robert Pattinson who plays him in the movie. But, the books are still really good (I'm almost finished with Breaking Dawn...)!

KarenP
08-20-2008, 10:07 AM
My teenaged daughter loves these books so I decided to give them a try even though I am not a vampire fan. I am more than halfway through the first book right now and I can hardly put it down. I just love Edward!

Tygger7
08-20-2008, 10:20 AM
My teenaged daughter loves these books so I decided to give them a try even though I am not a vampire fan. I am more than halfway through the first book right now and I can hardly put it down. I just love Edward!

This is exactly what happened to me!! My DD15 started reading them and talked about them all the time, so I started reading them. I haven't read a book all the way through since high school, and I finished Twilight in 3 days!! I'm so glad they moved the movie release up...very smart move.

On a side note, I'm still perplexed as to what marketing genius decided that it would be "better" to delay the next HP movie....especially with all the hype & comparisons to Twilight. I don't think delaying it will add new audiences...I think all they really did was tick a lot of people off. But hey, at least the move opened up a slot for Twilight. :D

Disneypixie513
08-20-2008, 07:07 PM
I'm a Twilighter too! I love the series. My favorite book is either Eclipse or New Moon. Breaking Dawn was a big disappointment for me. But oh well.
I'm 100% Team Jacob.. Yes, Edward is so amazing and i would die if there was a guy just like him.. But alas, I like warm better then cold. ;)

And I am extremely excited that Twilight got moved up to November 21st. (i'm not a HP fan so it doesn't bother me at all.)

RedSoxFan
08-20-2008, 07:35 PM
DD11 started reading Twilight last week and loves it. Her friend is reading it too. I already bought the 2nd book of the series and will get the other two for her soon.

brewcrew26
08-21-2008, 10:32 AM
On a side note, I'm still perplexed as to what marketing genius decided that it would be "better" to delay the next HP movie....especially with all the hype & comparisons to Twilight. I don't think delaying it will add new audiences...I think all they really did was tick a lot of people off. But hey, at least the move opened up a slot for Twilight. :D

It might be on MTV.com, but the stories they have about the Harry Potter fans vs. the Twilighters are hilarious! They interview the cast of Twilight and I think it was the guy who plays Emmett answered the question, "Who would win in a fight - vampires or wizards?" And he answered, "I'm not sure, they have brooms."

It was freakin' hilarious! I can't wait for this movie to come out. Since I started reading the books, I've been hooked on finding as much info as possible. I feel kinda nerdy about it.

mouseaddict
08-22-2008, 06:41 PM
I am a big Twilight fan too. I enjoy an easy read when the kids are around...
Funny..I pictured Rob Pattinson or something like him when I was reading the book. I was disappointed with Breaking Dawn at first but after I read the series a second time I enjoyed it more. I was also disappointed with Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows the first time around.

I am definately on Team Edward..Jacob annoyed me beyond belief..reminded me too much of my soon to be ex husband!

threeh
08-23-2008, 11:27 AM
. I just love Edward!

Welcome to the club. :thumbsup: Wait until you see him in action in the 3rd book Eclipse. Be still my heart...:cloud9:

threeh
08-23-2008, 11:31 AM
I was disappointed with Breaking Dawn at first but after I read the series a second time I enjoyed it more. I was also disappointed with Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows the first time around.

I'm the same way. I actually read about the leaked story line so I knew going into BD what was going to happen. I think I just don't like when everything is neat and wrapped up. The last star wars (which was actually movie 3 I think) drove me nuts as well. I'm going to listen to Breaking Dawn again on audio book and see if I enjoy it more.
Happy Reading!!!

TinkerbellT421
08-23-2008, 01:47 PM

Yes, I highly recommend "The Last Vampire" series (7 books total) by Christopher Pike...One of the first vampire series I ever read and it started me on a vampire book rampage lol....I still have all my books. Thank god, because that series stopped being printed a few years ago. You have to do some digging to find them but I recommend it HIGHLY. Its worth the digging. If your interested I would start by calling you local used book dealer.

I love vampire series. I love a lot of books though lol. I am constantly reading. I read the entire series, and I most say Breaking Dawn is the best out of the series. I saw an interview w/ Stephanie Meyer and she is in the process of writing another book, not necessarily a part of this series, but sort of. She is writing a book based on Edwards point of view about everything. That should be good! I cant wait for that!

KarenP
08-24-2008, 12:29 PM
Welcome to the club. :thumbsup: Wait until you see him in action in the 3rd book Eclipse. Be still my heart...:cloud9:

I am starting the 3rd book tonight. I can't wait!

pixiesmimi
08-24-2008, 04:45 PM
Yes, I highly recommend "The Last Vampire" series (7 books total) by Christopher Pike...One of the first vampire series I ever read and it started me on a vampire book rampage lol....I still have all my books. Thank god, because that series stopped being printed a few years ago. You have to do some digging to find them but I recommend it HIGHLY. Its worth the digging. If your interested I would start by calling you local used book dealer.

I love vampire series. I love a lot of books though lol. I am constantly reading. I read the entire series, and I most say Breaking Dawn is the best out of the series. I saw an interview w/ Stephanie Meyer and she is in the process of writing another book, not necessarily a part of this series, but sort of. She is writing a book based on Edwards point of view about everything. That should be good! I cant wait for that!

I just went to look for the third book for my grandson. The fourth is in stock but not the third and he is afraid he won't find it. I assured him that it WOULD be back in stock soon. I did see another new Stephanie Meyer book on the shelf also and noticed it was not part of the series but didn't get a chance to check it out thoroughly. I just found this thread and was intriged by it. My grandson, 17, walked in yesterday and asked if I wanted to read Twilight and that he was on the second book. So I'm going to start it next after I finish Dead Heat by Joel Rosenburg which is the last book in his Ezekiel series. VERY GOOD SERIES! Has anyone else found Eclipse hard to find? Wal Mart said they would only be getting two more copies of Eclipse in which makes no sense to me it this is the hit series of the summer with the new book just having come out.

TinkerbellT421
08-24-2008, 05:07 PM
No, I have not found it dificult to find, though it might be more popular now too. I bought all three when the third book came out. If you have a local borders or target I would check there. They always (I seem to find) have a very big stock of the series. Walmart I always have a hard time finding books. The other book by Stephanie is called "The Host", thats the next book I will be reading after I am done with my current Stephen King book. It is not related AT ALL to the current series, its not even a vampire book. But I cant say more than that without completely giving it away. But I have read bits and peices from online, it seems like also a very good book.

pixiesmimi
08-24-2008, 07:41 PM
Thanks! :thumbsup: DGS wanted to make a trip to a Barnes and Noble 30 miles away in the middle of Faye this weekend to get the book and I figured that if Wal Mart had the series they would be getting the third one back in soon. Especially since they seem to have plenty of the newest one in and the others. Sounds like I might need to go ahead and get this other one that Stephanie Meyers has written before they sell out of it also. I'm always looking for new authors that I haven't read. Seems like everytime I find one that I love to read or they have series, then they go away for a while and I start looking for something else to read. I'll just make a trip this week and see if I can find it.

brewcrew26
08-25-2008, 05:33 PM
I had problems finding Eclipse at our B&N's. I had bought paperbacks of the first two and assumed paperbacks were available for Eclipse and Breaking Dawn. Just so you know, you can only get those in hard cover at the moment.

But, if you want a Spanish-language paperback of Eclipse, that's available. I almost picked that one up by mistake -- thank goodness I actually opened it up to read a few lines. I wasn't about to try to translate 700+ pages even though I do speak Spanish. That was a little much. :blush:

Borders also has an exclusive movie calendar for Twilight with lots of cool photos. And B&N has the exclusive Godiva Twilight chocolate bars.

TinkerbellT421
08-25-2008, 09:01 PM
"usually" and I say that in quotes cause I am estimating, but usually you cannot get a paperback of any book (of good authors) till the fourth or fifth print additions...They NEVER offer paperwork within the first few prints. Never seen that happen. You wont be able to get paperbacks of the newest one till ATLEAST Janauryish if I had to estimate, depends on how many prints it has to go through. I never wait that long lol. I have hardcovers of all my books, and I have 500+ books lol. Everyone makes fun of me, I have my own personal library practically....lol....I tend to obsess lol :blush:

SBETigg
08-25-2008, 09:09 PM
I think Edward behaves a little stalkerish and it really turned me off. But Twilight was an easy, fast read and pretty engaging. My daughter doesn't like the series, but her friends are all over it. I do want to see the movie version.

If you're into vampire fiction and you're a mature reader, you might like The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance, an anthology featuring over 25 bestselling paranormal romance authors. My story kicks off the volume. I was thrilled to be included, and especially honored to go first. :cool:

pixiesmimi
08-26-2008, 10:39 AM
"usually" and I say that in quotes cause I am estimating, but usually you cannot get a paperback of any book (of good authors) till the fourth or fifth print additions...They NEVER offer paperwork within the first few prints. Never seen that happen. You wont be able to get paperbacks of the newest one till ATLEAST Janauryish if I had to estimate, depends on how many prints it has to go through. I never wait that long lol. I have hardcovers of all my books, and I have 500+ books lol. Everyone makes fun of me, I have my own personal library practically....lol....I tend to obsess lol :blush:

I do too! :) I usually buy the hardback of my books even though they are more expensive. Paperbacks tear up too easily and if I'm going to keep the book, I want it in hardback. My book collection probably rivals yours. :) I've been upset sometimes when buying a series and get the first few books in hardback and then can't find the rest of the series except in paperback. Hate that! I'm not into Vampire books but can't wait to start this one and see what all the hoop-lah is about. :)

DisneyDaughter
08-27-2008, 06:27 PM
OMGsh!!!!!!!!! I Love Twilight oh and news flash: the movie now comes out Nov 21st:joy:!!!!!I seriously cant wait!:yay::woohoo: i made my boyfriend read it and he is over half way done and he likes it. he just doesn't want to admit it but i can tell. lol By the way i am engaged and i'm having my wedding on Aug. 13th if any of you experienced twilight fans recognize the date. i wont say incase you don't:secret:! my while wedding is centered around it! i even found a copy of Bella's lullaby:woohoo:

threeh
08-30-2008, 03:42 AM
anyone checked out midnight sun on stephanie meyers web site???

threeh
08-30-2008, 03:43 AM
If you're into vampire fiction and you're a mature reader, you might like The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance, an anthology featuring over 25 bestselling paranormal romance authors. My story kicks off the volume. I was thrilled to be included, and especially honored to go first. :cool:
Cool!! I just pre ordered your next book. Best of luck!!!
I'm heading over to amazon right now to order this too.

SBETigg
08-30-2008, 11:00 AM
Thanks, Tracy! My childrens' college fund really appreciates it. ;)

brewcrew26
08-30-2008, 11:15 AM
anyone checked out midnight sun on stephanie meyers web site???

I loved it!!!! I can't wait till she finishes it. I just thought it was amazing "hearing" his thoughts about the story. I'm so in love with Edward anyways and think he's such a compelling character. It's a great idea for a character study.

pixiesmimi
08-30-2008, 10:05 PM
I finally just ordered the book from Wal Mart.com and had it sent to me. I will be here in a couple of days. Wal Mart never did get it in and I just don't have time to run up the road to try to find it especially with Gustav possibly coming in this weekend. DGS is chomping at the bit to get it. :D I'm starting Twilight tonight. Looking forward to getting into it since you all have made it sound so good. :)

TinkerbellT421
08-31-2008, 10:02 AM
I finally just ordered the book from Wal Mart.com and had it sent to me. I will be here in a couple of days. Wal Mart never did get it in and I just don't have time to run up the road to try to find it especially with Gustav possibly coming in this weekend. DGS is chomping at the bit to get it. :D I'm starting Twilight tonight. Looking forward to getting into it since you all have made it sound so good. :)

All I am going to say is hurry up and get to breaking dawn!!! My absolute favorite, took me two days to read it, and a lot of lack of sleep!! lol!! Best out of the series in my personal opinion!! lol!!! :D Im going to read it again right after I finish reading Stephanies other book 'The Host'.

TinkerbellT421
09-01-2008, 12:22 PM
I am sooo upset, did anyone read on Stephanies website that she has post-poned the final writing/release if Midnight Sun!! Someone she uses to preread her several versions of the book before final finish released it on the internet!! She is soo upset about she has officially postponed it INDEFINITELY and doesnt think she will ever release it officially. So she posted the link to the released copy. But the whole thing makes me very upset!! I want that book!! lol... But very upset non the less...Very disappointing. :(

pixiesmimi
09-01-2008, 01:41 PM
I don't understand why that would keep her from releasing the book. I would sue whoever it was and then go ahead and finish it and release it. People will want to read it anyway, especially after this happening. That is terrible that you can't even trust the people working with you on things like this.

pixiesmimi
09-04-2008, 04:48 PM
Finally got Eclipse in for DGS. It came yesterday. Wouldn't you know it? They got it in at Wal-Mart the same day. :( Oh, well. I got it cheaper by ordering it. DGS was so excited that it was finally in. He couldn't wait to get home last night to start reading it.

BriarRose0708
09-04-2008, 05:00 PM
I am sooo upset, did anyone read on Stephanies website that she has post-poned the final writing/release if Midnight Sun!! Someone she uses to preread her several versions of the book before final finish released it on the internet!! She is soo upset about she has officially postponed it INDEFINITELY and doesnt think she will ever release it officially. So she posted the link to the released copy. But the whole thing makes me very upset!! I want that book!! lol... But very upset non the less...Very disappointing. :(

I read what Stephenie posted of Midnight Sun, and honestly thought it was terrible. I know it's a (very) rough draft, but there were times I cringed after reading a line or two. It didn't feel like a Twilight book. It felt like bad fanfiction to me. She must have an amazing editor if most of her manuscripts start off like that. Please don't get me wrong, I adore the Twilight series (many would say obsessed) and Stephenie as an author, but I was really disappointed in what I read. It also could be that the Twilight books are all from Bella, and I didn't like being in Edward's head. Although it was fun to read about what he was doing when he wasn't with Bella and interacting with the Cullens at home. I still hope she will finish it eventually, but I am looking forward to the Host sequals and other stories first.

SBETigg
09-04-2008, 09:10 PM
I don't understand why that would keep her from releasing the book. I would sue whoever it was and then go ahead and finish it and release it. People will want to read it anyway, especially after this happening. That is terrible that you can't even trust the people working with you on things like this.

I agree. This seems odd. I think the publisher would still want to put it out there. The fanbase is enormous and there's no question that people would buy it. But it sounds as if she doesn't have the heart to finish it now. She may change her mind. I was really surprised that she would trust anyone to read it before it was ready to go, honestly. I don't know any writers who do that, but everyone has a different process.

I also read some of what she offered of Midnight Sun. I think she was probably having trouble getting into Edward's head enough for him to carry the whole book in his point of view without getting redundant. It would have been amazing if she'd pulled it off, but what a tough job. It's possible that she was simply having trouble translating the idea to the page as well as she wanted to execute it. Not that it's not also true that someone shared her work. How heartbreaking for her. What a betrayal.

KarenP
09-10-2008, 10:10 AM
I finished all 4 books. I don't remember enjoying a series quite so much in a very long time. I was sad to be finished. After reading all of it, I found myself still wanting more of these characters. I also read Midnight Sun and found it very entertaining reading from Edward's perspective. I really wish she would finish it.

pixiesmimi
09-10-2008, 09:05 PM
I have just started Twilight and can't put it down! It is a great book!:thumbsup: I have just found a new favorite author. :D

Melanie
09-10-2008, 09:26 PM
I'm almost done with Twilight, and have the next two sitting here waiting to be read. I never thought this would be my kind of book, but I'm really enjoying it. Hope to finish this weekend!

pixiesmimi
09-14-2008, 06:49 PM
I finished Twilight last night. Boy! Was it good! I didn't think I would like the series either, but I was wrong. I started New Moon today. I'm about half way through already. My DGS tells me that this one will make me mad. :) I'm surprised that he has enjoyed the series so much since it seems to be a "chick" series to me but maybe he is looking at it from Edward's point of view or a vampire's point of view. It is great anyway and I will be buying more of her books.

joanna71985
09-14-2008, 07:00 PM
What exactly is Twilight about? I am curious about it, and am considering starting the series.

pixiesmimi
09-14-2008, 07:05 PM
It is sort of a vampire romance novel. Can't tell you more without spoiling it. You have to read it! You won't be able to put it down! It definately isn't what I was expecting.

brewcrew26
09-14-2008, 09:43 PM
I was surprised even DH read the entire series in about two weeks. Now, he's even excited for the movie to come out in November. It really stretches across so many different demographics as a great story!

Katzateer
09-16-2008, 04:23 PM
My 14 year old is upstairs screaming. After 2 days of being home from school because of the storms that ripped through Ohio - they will probably be back in school tomorrow.

And her favorite author will be on Ellen tomorrow!

Hope my VCR works.

pixiesmimi
09-16-2008, 05:46 PM
Is this Stephanie that is going to be on Ellen? Thanks for telling us. I will watch. I quit watching Ellen last year but would like to see her.

threeh
09-17-2008, 08:10 AM
My 14 year old is upstairs screaming. After 2 days of being home from school because of the storms that ripped through Ohio - they will probably be back in school tomorrow.

And her favorite author will be on Ellen tomorrow!

Hope my VCR works.

Don't worry, I'm sure it will be on you tube if your DD misses it. Also twilight lexicon keeps pretty up to date on happenings, they may post it!!!

pixiesmimi
09-17-2008, 05:48 PM
Just got through watching the Ellen Show. Wow! 5 books in 4 years with three small children! Fascinating! The last book sold over 1 million copies just the first day it came out!

Melanie
09-17-2008, 07:09 PM
Just went and checked out the trailer. I think it looks pretty good, and pretty much how I imagined everything.

What do you guys think of the casting? I've only seen the girl in Panic Room many years ago. I do like the thought of Jennie Garth's husband (Peter Facinelli) as Carlisle. :thumbsup:

PlanningMom
09-17-2008, 07:19 PM
Also, the release date of the movie has been moved up to NOV. 21~~:thumbsup:

pixiesmimi
09-17-2008, 09:38 PM
I think the characters look pretty good to me. I don't think anyone will look as "perfect" as they are described in the book but I'm sure they will do wonders with makeup. Can't wait for the movie.

dutchess18
09-22-2008, 05:20 PM
Twilight is a great story for all ages. I have read all the books and the part of Midnight Sun on her website. I hope some day she will finish it.

They cast this movie perfect, I am so ready to see it.!

We leave for DW on the day the movie come out. 11/21 kinda of bitter/sweet because I love to go to DW, but I won't mind coming home this time.

Because I get to go see Twilight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!:thumbsup:

Disneypixie513
09-23-2008, 10:57 AM
When I first saw the cast (especially Edward), I was pretty disappointed. But once the 1st trailer came out, I totally changed my mind! I love everyone they cast. Especially James :D. I know he's the bad guy, but he plays the part great and He's so gosh darn cute. :blush:
I'll probably be seeing this more then once in theaters. I just hope it's good, but from what i've seen, i don't think i'll be disappointed. :)

pink
10-08-2008, 06:27 PM
I just wanted everyone to know that tomorrow they're releasing the last theatrical trailer for the movie. It will be in theatres this Friday but you can view it on the ET website tomorrow.

I'm so excited for this movie. :mickey:

brewcrew26
10-10-2008, 05:10 PM
I love the trailer! The part where Edward kisses Bella is wicked intense!

What does everyone else think?

I can't wait till Nov. 21!!! :cloud9: I'm so excited I'm going to start re-reading the book!

pink
10-10-2008, 06:09 PM
I can't wait till Nov. 21!!! I'm so excited I'm going to start re-reading the book!

I already re-read the first book. I still have the last book to read so I'm happy. The trailer looks amazing, I can't wait for the movie to come out. :mickey:

pixiesmimi
10-10-2008, 06:22 PM
I just finished the last book last night. That was really a good series even though I'm not normally into vampire books. I can't wait for the movie to see how it portrays the book. I just bought Host yesterday and will start it tonight.

Disneypixie513
10-11-2008, 08:13 PM
So is anyone planning on going to a midnight showing? I wasn't going to, but after i saw the last trailer and hyperventalated (as i did with all the trailers :blush:), I decided i really wanted to go. So i asked one of my friends if she would go with me. She said yes, so i'm planning on going at midnight. (i'm Homeschooled so i don't really have to worry about school that day :D)

brewcrew26
10-12-2008, 10:00 AM
So is anyone planning on going to a midnight showing? I wasn't going to, but after i saw the last trailer and hyperventalated (as i did with all the trailers :blush:), I decided i really wanted to go. So i asked one of my friends if she would go with me. She said yes, so i'm planning on going at midnight. (i'm Homeschooled so i don't really have to worry about school that day :D)

Of course! DH and I are going and will have to drag each other to work the next morning. But, I hope it's going to be well worth it!

pink
10-12-2008, 01:29 PM
So is anyone planning on going to a midnight showing? I wasn't going to, but after i saw the last trailer and hyperventalated (as i did with all the trailers ), I decided i really wanted to go. So i asked one of my friends if she would go with me. She said yes, so i'm planning on going at midnight. (i'm Homeschooled so i don't really have to worry about school that day )

I'm hoping to go to the midnight showing, I used to do that with all of the Harry Potter movies. I just have to find someone to go with, I'm the only Twilight fan that I know. :mickey:

dutchess18
10-16-2008, 02:47 PM
We are leaving for WDW the day Twilight come out.

They moved the release of the movie change to 11/21 after we made our bookings.

Everyone said to just go see the movie while in Florida, but we have so much going on while at WDW, I just don't have the time. :(

This is going to be the first time I will be happy to get home - so I can go see Twilight.

brewcrew26
10-16-2008, 02:53 PM
I just read that New Moon has been given the go-ahead and that the script might already be finished.

There's a bunch of new stills from Twilight that are available online now. The one's of Edward and Bella at prom --- sigh. There's a cool one of Carlisle sitting over Edward, I would presume in the Chicago hospital. If you know the story, you know what's going to happen there. I'm thinking it's probably one of the new flashback scenes they added.

pink
10-16-2008, 05:25 PM
There's a bunch of new stills from Twilight that are available online now. The one's of Edward and Bella at prom --- sigh. There's a cool one of Carlisle sitting over Edward, I would presume in the Chicago hospital. If you know the story, you know what's going to happen there. I'm thinking it's probably one of the new flashback scenes they added.

I saw those, so exciting! I was searching on a Kristen Stewart fan site the other day (she plays Bella) and they had a clip from the movie of Edward and Bella dancing in Edwards room. :mickey:

brewcrew26
10-16-2008, 07:04 PM
I saw those, so exciting! I was searching on a Kristen Stewart fan site the other day (she plays Bella) and they had a clip from the movie of Edward and Bella dancing in Edwards room. :mickey:

OMG! I just googled it and watched it. Those two have an amazing chemistry!

Disneypixie513
10-20-2008, 11:18 AM
Oohh! I really hope they make New Moon, as it's my favorite because i ADORE Jacob. He's my favorite. :D
Can someone PM me the link to the clip of them dancing? I tried looking for it, but no luck.

dutchess18
10-21-2008, 02:48 PM
Oohh! I really hope they make New Moon, as it's my favorite because i ADORE Jacob. He's my favorite. :D
Can someone PM me the link to the clip of them dancing? I tried looking for it, but no luck.

That clip and more are on the DVD movie Penelope also by summit movies.

at youtube search Penelope twilight and it will come up.

TwinPrincesses
10-21-2008, 04:58 PM
Like several others, DD (16) was hooked on the books. I didn't think I would like them but I picked one up while sick with the flu and love them.
I can't believe we will be in DL when the movie comes out! We'll be back Sunday night, and as soon as the kids are in school Monday morning, I will be off for the matinee showing.

brewcrew26
10-21-2008, 10:29 PM
There's also an extended version of the fight scene between James and Edward at the ballet studio online that showed at ComicCon this summer. It is sooooo cool!!

Disneypixie513
10-22-2008, 07:54 AM
There's also an extended version of the fight scene between James and Edward at the ballet studio online that showed at ComicCon this summer. It is sooooo cool!!
Oh my gosh yes! That's a good scene! It always makes me shiver even though i know Edward saves her; it still makes me think, "oh my! what's going to happen?!" It's an amazing scene.
29 days, 14 hours, 5 minutes, 30 seconds

Melanie
10-22-2008, 08:47 AM
I just finished Eclipse. Wow, wow, wow! Overall, this one didn't hold my attention like the first two, but that last 1/4 of the book rocked!

I can't wait for this movie!

brewcrew26
10-22-2008, 03:26 PM
I just finished Eclipse. Wow, wow, wow! Overall, this one didn't hold my attention like the first two, but that last 1/4 of the book rocked!

I can't wait for this movie!

I think Eclipse is my second favorite after the first book. I almost threw New Moon with all the Jacob (sorry, Disneypixie...I'm an Edward girl). But, have fun with Breaking Dawn! It's just one thing after another! I'm not quite sure how they'll make that into a movie.

Melanie
10-22-2008, 05:59 PM
It's just one thing after another! I'm not quite sure how they'll make that into a movie.

Is that a good thing, or a bad thing?

pixiesmimi
10-22-2008, 08:05 PM
The last book is great! At first I didn't like where it was going but it got better. I don't remember if it was the second or third book that I didn't like as well. Whichever it was, it didn't seem to move as well as the others. If she can write from Jacob's standpoint, why would she have a problem writing from Edward's like someone said about the aborted book?

Melanie
10-23-2008, 02:06 AM
If she can write from Jacob's standpoint, why would she have a problem writing from Edward's like someone said about the aborted book?

So is book 4 all from Jacob's perspective?

Disneypixie513
10-23-2008, 11:06 AM
If she can write from Jacob's standpoint, why would she have a problem writing from Edward's like someone said about the aborted book?
It's not that She has a problem writing from Edward's POV; it's because she sent some of it to one of her good friends and that person ended up leaking the first 15 chapters of the book (called Midnight Sun). Because of this, she's become unmotivated about finishing it. Though I have read that She has a contract to finish it, so i think we'll have it eventually.

Breaking Dawn has 10 chapters from Jacob's perspective. You'll find out why when you read it. It was definately my least favorite. The first 450-500 pages were good, but after that, it went way downhill for me. It just was not for me. I really don't think BD will ever be a movie. Unless technology really gets good. And plus it'd be an insanely LONG movie.
Eclipse was my 2nd fav after New Moon (and no offense taken. Most of my friends are Team Edward :(. But every one will have different opinions. )
I so can't wait for the movie!

brewcrew26
10-23-2008, 02:18 PM
I just think with the graphic nature of the BD it will be hard to turn that into a movie. While I really don't like Jacob all that much, she did a good job of switching the POV to him during the book.

I've only read part of Midnight Sun, the chapter she has on her Web site, and I love it. Now that I'm re-reading the first book, it's funny to know what Edward was thinking at the same time. I hope she does finish it.

But she does have another book coming out in December. The Twilight encyclopedia is going to be released.

On a side note, is it nerdy that I want to get one of the "Team Edward" t-shirts from Hot Topic to wear to opening night?

pink
10-23-2008, 06:35 PM
It's not that She has a problem writing from Edward's POV; it's because she sent some of it to one of her good friends and that person ended up leaking the first 15 chapters of the book (called Midnight Sun). Because of this, she's become unmotivated about finishing it. Though I have read that She has a contract to finish it, so i think we'll have it eventually.

You can actually read all of Midnight Sun that was accidentally leaked on her official website. One of the links only gives you the first chapter but the other gives you almost half the book. It's really an interesting read and gives you much more insite on Edward. It's addiciting, I'm warning you.

On a side note, is it nerdy that I want to get one of the "Team Edward" t-shirts from Hot Topic to wear to opening night?

Not nerdy at all, I bet there will be more people wearing them then not. I actually considered making my own "team Edward" shirt because when I bought Eclipse it came with iron on stamps, one for Edward and one for Jacob. :mickey:

Disneypixie513
10-23-2008, 09:57 PM
Of course not! I'm asking for a Team Jacob shirt as an early Christmas present to wear to go see the movie.
But I highly doubt you'd be alone in wearing a Team Edward shirt.

pixiesmimi
10-24-2008, 06:39 PM
Just went and checked out the trailer. I think it looks pretty good, and pretty much how I imagined everything.

What do you guys think of the casting? I've only seen the girl in Panic Room many years ago. I do like the thought of Jennie Garth's husband (Peter Facinelli) as Carlisle. :thumbsup:

They have the picture you posted as the new cover for Twilight now. I went to BAM today to look for Sherri's book and saw the newest publication. I couldn't find Sherri's book but I couldn't really find anything I was looking for except Kingdom Keepers II because their system is screwed up. They don't alphabetize by author or title and it is very confusing trying to find anything there. That is why I like to shop on line because you can search for what you want.

SBETigg
10-24-2008, 07:21 PM
I went to BAM today to look for Sherri's book and saw the newest publication. I couldn't find Sherri's book but I couldn't really find anything I was looking for except Kingdom Keepers II because their system is screwed up.

Thanks, Diane. Stores can be confusing in the way they place books. You won't find mine as easily as Stephenie Meyer's, of course. I wish!

I'm also the one who suggested she might be having trouble with Edward's point of view. I really can't imagine any other reason she wouldn't still write and release the book, even with a leak. Her publisher would still be itching to get it out there, I imagine. I think it would be challenging to write in Edward's POV only because she has already given us much of that story through Bella's eyes. So a lot of it would be rehash and more challenging to present in an engaging manner without repeating things. But I'm sure she could pull it off. I didn't think she had in the parts of the book I'd read online, but clearly others disagree. I still hope she polishes it and puts it out.

pixiesmimi
10-25-2008, 09:55 AM
So do I. Yes, Stephanie's books were everywhere in BAM. I was surprised the other Vampire books were not displayed around.

She could write it from the vampire's view point about his life kind of like she did about Jason. He concentrated more on his own life than about Bella. That was what I was thinking before I read about Jason was how was Stephanie going to be able to write something that had already been told from Bella's point of view without being boring but I think she would find a way. I have a hard time believing that she was never a writer and just dreamed all of this, as how she got started. She is really good. I'm reading Host right now but it isn't as easy to get into.

That picture of Stephanie on her book cover certainly isn't what she looks like now. I would never have recognized her on the Ellen Show if they hadn't said who it was.

mouseaddict
11-01-2008, 10:02 AM
So I just saw an 8 minute clip from the Rome film fest. It looked a little weird. I wonder if they will kep all of this scene or not. It is the scene when Edward takes Bella to his house to meet the family. It is hard to hear the dialogue because it is not an official copy..
I hope it looks better when it is part of the whole movie..

brewcrew26
11-01-2008, 11:31 AM
I got my "Team Edward" shirt this week and wore it to the gym. I received so many looks about it. I'm waiting to get those midnight showing tickets but our UltraScreen in town hasn't started putting out reserved tickets yet. I keep checking, though!

I also checked out the behind-the-scenes book they have about the movie. It was on sale for 40% off at Best Buy when I was there on lunch yesterday (didn't buy it, though). It has some great shots of Bella and Jacob on the shore and at the prom. Just made me even more excited.

Has anyone else seen the :30 second TV spots? One of them has a great scene with Edward in Port Angeles telling Bella to get into the car when she gets lost in the alleyway. Looks great!

There's also a petition online to have Rob Pattinson host SNL. I hope he gets, too. He could even serve as musical guest. Remember, the soundtrack comes out on Tuesday and features him singing one track! :cloud9:

pink
11-02-2008, 03:19 PM
So I just saw an 8 minute clip from the Rome film fest. It looked a little weird. I wonder if they will kep all of this scene or not. It is the scene when Edward takes Bella to his house to meet the family. It is hard to hear the dialogue because it is not an official copy..
I hope it looks better when it is part of the whole movie..

I thought it was kind of wierd too.

I also checked out the behind-the-scenes book they have about the movie. It was on sale for 40% off at Best Buy when I was there on lunch yesterday (didn't buy it, though). It has some great shots of Bella and Jacob on the shore and at the prom. Just made me even more excited.

I know what book you're talking about. I bought it off of Amazon, it's a great read. They tell all of the secrets behind the making of the film. LIke for instance, Kristen Stewart (Bella) wore a wig during filming so that they didn't have to waste time doing her hair since she was a minor when they started. She had her 18th birthday during fiming. :mickey:

pixiesmimi
11-03-2008, 03:51 PM
I just saw on The Insider some clips and a story about the filming and release of the movie. There will be more on there on Wednesday and the star portraying Edward is slotted to be the next big male star and they interview him. Love that accent! :)

pink
11-06-2008, 07:23 PM
I'm really looking forward to this movie but I feel like Rob is getting all the glory and the credit and Kristen is just left unoticed. :(

pixiesmimi
11-11-2008, 03:18 PM
I thought it was kind of wierd too.

I know what book you're talking about. I bought it off of Amazon, it's a great read. They tell all of the secrets behind the making of the film. LIke for instance, Kristen Stewart (Bella) wore a wig during filming so that they didn't have to waste time doing her hair since she was a minor when they started. She had her 18th birthday during fiming. :mickey:

Just bought the book yesterday, "Twilight the Complete Illustrated Movie Companion". The pictures are great and good information about how they are really trying to stick to the book. They did a great job casting the characters to look like the ones described in the book. I would have thought Carlisle and Esme would have looked older though. Don't know how they fooled anyone in the town into thinking these kids were theirs because they don't look any older than the others. I can't wait for the movie and hope they come out with sequels for the rest of the books!

pink
11-12-2008, 06:02 PM
Don't know how they fooled anyone in the town into thinking these kids were theirs because they don't look any older than the others.

I don't know if I'm wrong or not but didn't they tell everyone that all of the children were adopted? :mickey:

pixiesmimi
11-13-2008, 12:10 AM
Yeah, they did. But they still look too young. They look the same age as the rest of the kids and they are supposed to be portraying a normal family so the town people don't get suspicious. That was the only flaw I saw in the casting of characters. Of course once I see the movie, they may look older and I may change my mind. :D I am loving reading the book about the filming of the movie. Can't wait for it to come out!

pink
11-15-2008, 01:21 PM
Did anybody see the special on MTV last night? It's a new show called Spoilers and the first episode was based around Twilight.

They showed an extended clip of when Bella almost gets hit by the car and Edward saves her and they showed the two of them talking in the hospital.

On MTV.com they also have interviews with the director Christine Hardwicke (spelling) and the actors who play Alice, Jasper, Emmett and Jacob Black. It was pretty entertaining. :mickey:

threeh
11-16-2008, 10:56 AM
I can't believe it comes out this week. And with a new trailer for Harry Potter at the beg. It's all good:number1:

pink
11-16-2008, 08:27 PM
I can't believe it's less than a week away either! Who is going to see it opening day?:mickey:

Disneypixie513
11-16-2008, 09:36 PM
I hope to see it at midnight...
I'm crossing my fingers that the theater isn't already sold out.

Disneypixie513
11-19-2008, 10:19 PM
Yay! I have tickets to the midnight showing! I'm so excited it's finally tomorrow! EEK!
(sorry about the double post..For some reason I couldn't edit my last post.)

pixiesmimi
11-20-2008, 12:19 AM
I finally saw the trailer on network TV today. It moved so fast though, that if I hadn't read the book, I'm not sure I could keep up. My DD wants to see the movie before reading the books but I think it should be the other way around so you know what is happening.

I'm hoping we can go see it the first of next week. Can't go this weekend because of DGD's birthday. Can't wait!

Melanie
11-20-2008, 12:55 AM
I'm going to have to live all this through you guys for awhile. Twilight isn't playing here at all in November, and December schedule isn't out yet. Grrr! I'm dying to see it!!!!

pixiesmimi
11-20-2008, 08:34 AM
Whoo! Hoo! Edward and Bella are on Today Show this morning in person! He is gorgeous! She isn't bad either. :) The fans are going crazy!

pink
11-20-2008, 05:41 PM
Kristen Stewart (Bella) is also on Letterman tonight I believe.

The movie has kind of been getting mixed review so I hope it's ok! :mickey:

Katzateer
11-21-2008, 08:02 AM
:thumbsup:The movie was fantastic. Didn't like Bella

And the Harry Potter trailer:cool:looks really good!

The theatre was full at midnight!

pixiesmimi
11-21-2008, 09:10 AM
I was going to ask if anyone had seen it. The reviews I read this morning weren't very favorable of it. But the person writing could have been someone who either wasn't a fan of the books or hadn't read them. They made fun of Edward's chest hair because he was supposed to look like he was carved out of marble. Any thoughts on this?

I wasn't impressed with Kristen yesterday when I saw her on TV but she really wasn't the spotlight. Rob was their target and all the fans were ga-ga over him. They hardly talked to her and she just stood there. If I were her, I would have been furious because they really only wanted to interview him. He acted like he didn't know how to answer anything and was shy.

Disneypixie513
11-21-2008, 01:37 PM
I saw it last night. (well technically this morning, lol) And i thought it was amazing! I thought they did a very good job with sticking to the book, and the chemistry. WOW!! Was there chemistry. Like hyper-ventalating type chemstry :blush:.
And not just with Bella and Edward, but the whole cast just worked. The baseball scene and the scene where Edward takes Bella to his house were my favorite scenes.
There were a few minor disappointments, but all in all. It was absolutely amazing.
I can't wit for it to be on DVD, and i can't wit for New Moon! :thumbsup:

KarenP
11-21-2008, 02:36 PM
Oh I can't wait to see the movie! Reviews seem to be mixed. I want to go this weekend but I don't think I am going to have time.

IloveDisney71
11-21-2008, 02:43 PM
I just started reading Twilight this past Saturday and I'm already half way through Eclipse. I'm planning to see the movie this week-end. I know these books are being read like crazy by teenagers, but where I work a lot of my co-workers kept talking about the books so I borrowed one and got hooked and we won't talk about my age. :blush:

NotaGeek
11-21-2008, 02:44 PM
Hmmm. There are some really bad reviews out there...

PirateLover
11-21-2008, 05:10 PM
Hmmm. There are some really bad reviews out there...

They showed people on the news from the local midnight showing. It was kinda funny... they had this one girl who looked really angry and was saying stuff like "There was absolutely no continuity! It was an abysmal attempt at capturing the essence of the book."
The girls from my 8th grade class liked it, but said the book was better.

pink
11-21-2008, 06:27 PM
I really enjoyed this movie, I saw a midnight showing on Thursday. We got there at 10:30 and there was already about 300 people in line.

I thought they stayed very faithful to the book. There was only a few minor changes for the sake of moving the story along quicker. I really enjoyed the baseball scene, when Edward and Bella "go public" and the part when they're in the restaurant was funny.

Mike was pefectly cast and so was Jessica, they had the funniest lines in the movie. I also thought Charlie was a great pick.

I think the half negative half positive reviews have to do with the fact that if you're not a fan of the book then this movie could kind of confuse and almost seem laughable.

The only part that bothered me was that I felt Bella and Edwards relationship was a little too serious. :mickey:

Disneyatic
11-21-2008, 09:41 PM
DH and I saw it today and we both liked it alot.
I agree that the chemistry between the characters was portrayed fantastically. Sometimes almost too dramatically. Bella was a little breathy though, don't you think?
DH was getting worried because there weren't many men in the theater but there was plenty of action to keep him interested.
I was worried that it would stray too far from the book but they did a pretty good job of staying true, I was glad about that!
I do have to agree that I was surprised to notice that he had chest hair and a 5 o'clock shadow sometimes....it didn't seem to quite fit with the book portrayal.
I love the way they portrayed Emmett, his look was dead on.... but was surprised by Carlisle and Jasper, they didn't seem to fit to me??? I almost thought they could have switched the two of them and it would be better.

All in all, it was a good movie and I will see it again, DD9 wants to see it so it gives me an excuse :blush:

NotaGeek
11-22-2008, 01:05 AM
WOW. I just read an article about Twilight. It looks like it only had a $35 million budget ... which is nothing for a movie that opened as big as Twilight did ... that could explain the problems being reported, Let's hope that if there's a round 2 film Hollywood puts some serious money into the project. I will definitely see it this weekend regardless of reviews! :)

Melanie
11-22-2008, 05:00 AM
I think they've already announced they will make New Moon. ???

For those of you who've seen Twilight, what did you think of Jacob's portrayal? I know his part isn't big in this one, but.....

brewcrew26
11-22-2008, 08:20 AM
DH and I saw it last night and loved it! It was one of the best book portrayals in our opinions...ever. The chemistry between Rob and Kristen was fabulous. We liked it even more than Quantum of Solace and will probably pick to see Twilight again later this weekend instead of 007.

Like The Dark Knight earlier this year, I felt constantly on edge during the film. The rogue vampires (Cam Gigandet, Rachel Levebre, and Edi Gathegi) just make you cringe. Bella's dad, while not a lot of interaction between the two in the book, has some great comic relief.

I wasn't sure how I would like some of the casting like Peter Facinelli as Carlisle, but found him and the rest of the cast (except Rosalie) to be perfect for their roles. I also thought some of the human friends were a little oddly cast. Although, Jessica was the ideal high school junior.

I'm going to be interested in what other Twilighters will have to say about it and if they loved it as much as we did!

Oh, and Rob Pattinson is just swoon-worthy! :cloud9:

mouseaddict
11-22-2008, 09:25 AM
Saw it yesterday and I did enjoy it. DH was not too impressed but he does not like that type of movie..it was hard for him to follow. I am not sure how I feel about Kristen Stewart, but I thought Rob was great. I want to see it again because I was so worried about DH sighing and fidgeting. I hope that I don't offend anyone..but my SIL is gay and she swore that Rob would turn her!!
I can understand some of the reviews..I think they did an awesome job with the budget that they had. I can't wait to see what they do with the next 3.

pink
11-23-2008, 11:57 AM
They just announced that they were given the green light to make the new installment "New Moon" with Rob and Kristen. I can't wait!

The movie made 7 million from just midnight showings and over 35 million from Friday and part of Saturday. :mickey:

pixiesmimi
11-23-2008, 01:58 PM
The book that is out about the filming of the movie stated that it was a low budget movie and that the producer (director?) started out as an architect and changed her career. Not sure if she had done any other movies or not. But they stated that they couldn't do a lot of the things they wanted to do because of lack of funds and the weather almost made them run over because of it messing up some filming of the scenes. I guess now that people see what a success it is, maybe some more money will be put into the next one. I congratulate them for sticking to the book. That bothers me when I read a good book and then the movie doesn't follow the book.

SBETigg
11-23-2008, 04:11 PM
The director, Catherine Hardwicke, has a long history in Hollywood as a production manager of many well known films, and as a director, most notably of the acclaimed film Thirteen. She took this one on knowing it would be a big hit due to the popularity of the books even though it was bought by a small indie producer with limited funds. I think the small budget only helps. It's the story that fuels the production, not the big budget action and spending less but making big box office is a good thing for the future of the series. Pattinson is already signed for the next two films.

DisneyFreak23
11-23-2008, 04:59 PM
OMG Saw it Friday! LOVED IT!

pixiesmimi
11-23-2008, 09:53 PM
They just announced tonight that it took the box office this weekend. I'm glad they are going to make the sequels!

kakn7294
11-23-2008, 10:09 PM
I saw it today, having not read the books. I thought it was okay but a bit too dramatic (teenagers! :rolleyes:) and the scene flow wasn't good in some places - too much jumping around with really short scenes. DD loved it though so that's what counts! It's the only reason I saw it - to take her because none of her friends could go with her this weekend.

pixiesmimi
11-24-2008, 09:07 AM
We are going to try to go Thanksgiving night. I know DH won't like it but he just enjoys going to the movies (popcorn :D ) but DGS and I will enjoy. DD may not be able to keep up because she hasn't read the books yet. She will after she sees the movies. DGS is 17 and got me to read the books. He loved them and devoured them in about a week.

RocknBev
11-24-2008, 02:06 PM
I am so anxious to go to see this movie but I am waiting for my niece. We are going on Wednesday when she arrives from NC. :D
I have been a fan of this series for quite some time. I am an assistant principal at a high school and we can not keep these books on the shelves!
The teens here are given it mixed reviews but of course they want the movies to match the books perfectly...and they can't! I am use to it!

Melanie
11-24-2008, 04:55 PM
Hey...does anyone have an opinion on Jacob? I'm really anxious to hear how his portrayal was.

I'm bummed. Looks like we won't even get this here in December, which means we'll probably never get it and I'll have to wait for the DVD. :blowup:

pink
11-24-2008, 05:30 PM
Jacob didn't have many lines but he did a good job from what was shown. There is great tense moment between Edward and Jacob at the end during the prom scene. I'm looking foward to seeing more of his character in New Moon.:mickey:

Disneypixie513
11-25-2008, 08:19 AM
I thought Jacob was amazing. I was a little bit skeptical when i first saw who was going to play Jacob, but once i saw him in the movie. He totally sold me..
Like the PP said, he wasn't in it very much, but i thought the actor did the part very well...He was definately Jacob to me..Which is good for me being Team Jacob. :secret:
I totally loved the little tense bit at the end at the prom scene. I thought it was amazing.
I can't wait for New Moon! Though it's going to be a loonnnggg time. :(

ChipnDaleGal
11-25-2008, 08:21 AM
Hey...does anyone have an opinion on Jacob? I'm really anxious to hear how his portrayal was.

I'm bummed. Looks like we won't even get this here in December, which means we'll probably never get it and I'll have to wait for the DVD. :blowup:

Mel, Dakota went to see this Saturday with a group of her friends. Jacob is her favorite character in the books. She liked the actor chosen for Jacob, but said he was not in the movie very much. She is looking forward to more of him in later movies. She and her friends had all read and loved the books. Their review of the movie was not as lame as they had feared it would be, but not even close to capturing the magic "it" factor of the book. They are glad they saw it, but no one was blown away like with the Harry Potter movies.

Disneyatic
11-25-2008, 12:26 PM
I liked how Taylor Lautner portrayed Jaocb and think that he'll grow into the role really well. He wasn't in this one much, but that's pretty true to the book also.
I have to agree, the prom scene where there is tension between Edward and Jacob was great and definitely did some foreshadowing of things to come!
I think the thing with the Harry Potters was that their budgets were WAY bigger so they had more to work with.
I have a question for those of you who have seen it.....Possible SPOILER>>>>>>highlight to read...just in case

Did anyone else think it was weird that they showed Victoria looking out the window watching them dance at the end? Wouldn't Edward have smelled her and went on the offensive?

KarenP
11-25-2008, 01:18 PM
My daughter and I went to see the movie. We read all the books and loved the movie. I am not sure I would have felt that way had I not read the books first. There is so very much left out of the movie that I don't think I would have fully "gotten it", if you know what I mean.

I thought Edward, Bella and James were cast perfectly. Jacob and Charlie were exactly as I pictured them in the book. I also really liked actors chosen for Rosalie, Alice and Emmett. The only one I thought was really off was Carlisle. I pictured him much different.

pink
11-25-2008, 01:57 PM
Disneyatic, to answer your question:

I didn't really think of that but I think that it was a nice way to show what is to come in the future movies. She seemed to be pretty far away from them, like on a second story in a building and they were outside. Edward and Bella were also in a very serious moment.

goofy for pluto
11-25-2008, 03:20 PM
Saw the movie last weekend. The theater was packed. While I liked the books I can't figure out how anyone could put these in the same category with the Harry Potter series. The writing is OK in a Harlequin Romance sort of way, but not even close to the world JK Rowling created.
Did anyone else have issues with the twirling of the camera during the outdoor scenes? Artistic the first time, but quite overused. I think I am going to miss James in the next movies. Talk about eye candy! I am team Jacob as well and really liked the way he was portrayed. Hopefully we will see a lot more of him in the future.

TwinPrincesses
11-25-2008, 04:29 PM
Now I am really torn. I loved the books and was looking forward to going to the movies.
We were at DL that weekend.
DD went with her bf as soon as we got home-and absolutely hated it. She said it was laughable and Bella and Edward had no chemistry. DD is a huge fan of the books.
A group of my friends also went and complained about the movie--so I had resolved to wait for the dVD. But reading the reviews here--maybe I should go after all?

Melanie
11-25-2008, 05:29 PM
Thank you guys for your input on Jacob. :thumbsup: Sounds like it was a really good choice. Hopefully the same guy will be back for New Moon.

I go back and forth as to who's "team" I'm on.

goofy for pluto
11-25-2008, 09:59 PM
DD went with her bf as soon as we got home-and absolutely hated it. She said it was laughable and Bella and Edward had no chemistry.

It is true that laughable does describe some of the scenes. Some which were not supposed to be funny at all had the whole theater cracking up. I will not say more because I don't want to spoil it for you, but it did get better as the movie went along.

I can see this movie becoming a cult classic.

brewcrew26
11-25-2008, 10:43 PM
Disneyatic:

Here's some more (highlight to read):
On the second viewing, we noticed she was actually in the prom room where everyone was dancing, too. As Bella and Edward are making there rounds, she's standing by one of the roulette tables. You can see her back and the large furry coat she has on. So, if she's in the room, why couldn't Edward smell her?

Also, just read that Kristen and Rob are both going to be getting $12 million for "New Moon." That's a $10 million increase from the first film. Hopefully, they keep Catherine Hardwicke as director. I think that's been the main problem with the Harry Potter series -- no continuation between any of the set designs, character interactions.

pixiesmimi
11-26-2008, 09:46 AM
I haven't seen it yet, I will tomorrow night, but just looking at the pictures, the character of Jacob looked pretty close to what I imagined from the books. I thought they did a good job casting him, but of course I haven't seen him act yet. I'm afraid that my DD seeing it before she reads the books won't like it but I warned her to read the books first. After reading some of these reviews, I'm afraid that is what is going to happened. But she saw Harry Potter movies before reading the books and still loved them so hopefully that won't happen.

Disneyatic
11-26-2008, 08:20 PM
DD9 didn't have much of an interest in the books but after seeing the movie she wanted to start reading them and in just a few days is almost through the 1st one! I am so excited, this is the first book over about 150 pages that she's wanted to read!

BrewCrew26
Thanks for the comment! I was really hoping someone else would hit on that and want to talk about it!!!
(highlight to read!)
We noticed her in the room with all the dancers on our 2nd viewing too! Her back is to the room....maybe we just know too much from reading the other books? I was thinking "No WAY would Edward not have sensed her and went on the offensive", otherwise occupied or not, that was probably the biggest oops in the movie IMHO! That's how they figure out she came back in the next book, by her scent....but oh well, I'll just chalk that up to artistic license and their attempt to foreshadow for the next one. I think they did a pretty good job other than that of hitting the high points!

NotaGeek
11-27-2008, 03:48 AM
Hmmm. So my bf and I went and saw Twilight tonight ... we both liked it, but agreed that you don't get much of a movie for $35 million. I haven't read the books, so I don't really know what is missing -- but watching the film really made me want to read the series. We both agreed we would see the next one to see what they can do with a real budget.

MNNHFLTX
11-28-2008, 02:00 PM
I am determined not to see the movie or read any of the spoilers out there until I read at least the first book. Guess I'd better get cracking!

It's a bit perplexing to me why they had to go with a low budget though, given the huge popularity of the novels. You would think a producer with big bucks would have snatched up the rights a long time ago!

pixiesmimi
11-28-2008, 08:44 PM
We went to see the movie last night. We thought it was really good but it sure started out slow. After 30 minutes of trailers, etc., we thought the first 30 minutes of the movie was really slow. I kept wanting to say, get on with the story. The rest was good and the scenery, beautiful! MY DD had not read the books and I had to explain some things to her because there was so much left out. I felt like they should have explained why Bella wanted Edward to turn her at Prom. DGS and I were the only two who had read the books and noticed some things that were not in the book. But it stuck pretty close to it. The fight scene with James wasn't as graphic and violent as I thought it was going to be.

Someone had stated earlier about seeing Victoria at the prom so I watched for her and did see her but wasn't sure it was her because her hair was up until the scene of her looking out the window. I had told my DGS earlier to watch the last scene and see if he could spot something that wasn't supposed to be there. He didn't catch it but did say that he didn't remember in the book her looking out of the window at them. I told him it wasn't in there but was probably there for continuity to the next movie. DD said that she had to go home and start reading the books. :) She kept asking about the background to this scene or that and I told her some of it but that she needed to just read the books and she would figure it out. I didn't want to spoil them for her. Like said above, I can't wait to see what they do with the next one with maybe a bigger budget.

RedSoxFan
12-03-2008, 07:13 PM
I finally took DD12 to see Twilight after school today. She's been dying to see and is on book #2. I have not read any of the books yet. She loved the movie (and Edward); and I enjoyed the movie too. It made me want to read the books now.

pink
12-04-2008, 05:47 PM
The DVD is set to be released this April right after they begin shooting New Moon. New Moon is supposed to have a 135 million dollar budget and they will not only be shooting in Portland but also in Alaska and Italy. Catherine (the director) said that the first version of the script has been made already but they're constantly making improvements on it and trying to put Edward more in the movie then he is in the books. Sounds exciting! :mickey:

Melanie
12-04-2008, 06:16 PM
The DVD is set to be released this April right after they begin shooting New Moon. New Moon is supposed to have a 135 million dollar budget and they will not only be shooting in Portland but also in Alaska and Italy. Catherine (the director) said that the first version of the script has been made already but they're constantly making improvements on it and trying to put Edward more in the movie then he is in the books. Sounds exciting! :mickey:

April. Gosh, I don't think I can wait that long! :sob:

And putting more Edward in New Moon? Hmm, I liked the book just as it is. In fact, it's my favorite. I hope it's just adding scenes instead of altering the story.

BriarRose0708
12-04-2008, 06:20 PM
Pink- that's really good news, i hadn't heard that! But as much as I love me some Edward, I hope they don't take too much away from the amazingness that is Jacob Black in New Moon! I'm Team Edward all the way, but I can't wait to see Taylor Lautner more as Jacob!

Melanie
12-04-2008, 06:28 PM
I hope they don't take too much away from the amazingness that is Jacob Black in New Moon!

Exactly!!!

pixiesmimi
12-04-2008, 09:44 PM
I hope they don't start trying to diviate from the books with the movies. They did a good job on this one sticking to the book as much as possible. Don't mess it up now.

pink
12-05-2008, 05:31 PM
I think what she meant was that they're going to do flashes during the movie to show the audience where Edward went. :mickey:

Melanie
12-05-2008, 06:31 PM
I think what she meant was that they're going to do flashes during the movie to show the audience where Edward went. :mickey:

That's what I figured they'd do.

pianobabe
12-06-2008, 09:55 AM
This past weekend I went to see Twilight. I had never read any of the books or really knew anything about the story. I felt the movie was incredible. Granted it started off a little slow, but after that it got a lot better. I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan, but it took me less than 5 minutes to get over the Edward/Cedric Diggory connection. I am now reading the books and I can't wait to see what happens next.:cool:

pixiesmimi
12-06-2008, 01:05 PM

Ahh! Okay. That makes sense because in the book you kind of wonder what he is doing or where he went and they allude to him being in various places along.

pink
12-07-2008, 07:48 PM
I have some bad news. There is a rumor going around the Summit fired director Christine Hardwicke from the Twilight franchise. They said that she was impossible to work with and the movie only turned out well because of the director of photography.

That is sad news and I hope it isn't true. I thought she did a great job for a small budget. :mickey:

Melanie
12-07-2008, 10:28 PM
From Variety -

No Hardwicke for 'Twilight' sequel
Timing conflicts cause for director's departure

Summit Entertainment has wasted no time moving ahead with the next installment in Stephenie Meyer's bestselling "Twilight" series, "New Moon." But in an unusual move after the successful launch of a franchise that has already generated $138.6 million, the upstart distrib is not bringing director Catherine Hardwicke back to direct the picture. Summit and Hardwicke cite Summit's wish to rush the movie into production as one reason for their split. Summit wants to release the picture, which will demand substantial CGI work, by the end of 2009 or the start of 2010. A former production designer, Hardwicke wanted more prep time.
"Twilight" scripter Melissa Rosenberg handed in a draft of "New Moon" the weekend that "Twilight" opened. Hardwicke wanted more time to work on it; Summit announced it was going ahead with "New Moon" on November 22, with no director attached. Negotiations lasted two weeks before Hardwicke formally passed on the film Saturday.

As word spread through Hollywood agencies that the talks might not result in Hardwicke's return, reports surfaced that Summit was checking out other directors for the "Twilight" franchise while they insisted they were still negotiating with Hardwicke, who delivered the biggest opening weekend ever for a woman. (CAA denies that they were soliciting other directors.) The movie is still going strong as the director and cast promote it overseas; it came in second this weekend with $13.2 million, grossing a total $138.6 million.

The problem that stalled negotiations was that Hardwicke had strong opinions about what to do with the next installment, and so did Summit. The debate was how to focus the adaptation of the second book, which deals more with giant werewolves than vampires, as well as the long depression of Bella Swan (Kristen Stewart), after her vampire lover (Rob Pattinson) leaves her. One issue was how to get more of teen heartthrob Pattinson into the film. (Rosenberg has figured out a device to achieve this.) But Hardwicke, burned out from her "Twilight" labors, simply wasn't willing to jam this movie with a script that still needed months of development.

"I am sorry that due to timing I will not have the opportunity to direct 'New Moon,'" said Hardwicke. "Directing 'Twilight' has been one of the great experiences of my life, and I am grateful to the fans for their passionate support of the film. I wish everyone at Summit the best with the sequel -- it is a great story."

"Catherine did an incredible job in helping us to launch the 'Twilight' franchise, and we thank her for all of her efforts and we very much hope to work with her on future Summit projects," said Summit production prexy Erik Feig. "We as a studio have a mandate to bring the next installment in the franchise to the big screen in a timely fashion so that fans can get more of Edward, Bella and all of the characters that Stephenie Meyer has created. We are able to pursue an aggressive time frame as we have the luxury of only adapting the novels into screenplays as opposed to having to create a storyline from scratch."

Hardwicke has other balls in the air, including two projects in the works with Groundswell Entertainment's Michael London, who produced "Thirteen."

pink
12-10-2008, 07:12 PM
So I have some new news on New Moon. (Say that 3 times fast :) )

Apparently they offered Paul Weitz to be the director for "New Moon". His past movie include "The Golden Compass" and "American Pie". There is also a rumor going around that there is only going to be a 50 million dollar budget. That's not that much of leap considering both Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are reportedly getting 12 million each. That is already a large cut out of their budget. They're also saying that two executives at Summit want to fire Taylor Lautner who plays Jacob because he has a "baby face" and as the series goes on Jacob is supposed to age rapidly. However, they're saying that they won't fire him if the new director appointed wants to keep him.

In my opinion, I'm not thrilled by the thought that the guy who directed "American Pie" might be directing "New Moon". "Golden Compass" was also a terrible movie. That budget is not enough if they want to have a decent movie. Especially since this movie will require more traveling and special effects (the werewolves and the Volturi). Firing Jacob is really bothering me. I think he did a great job as being Jacob Black. As for the aging issue, he is 16! Of course he is going to grow and he could bulk up easily if he wanted to. I really hope they don't mess this movie up.

:mickey:

NotaGeek
12-10-2008, 08:26 PM
So I have some new news on New Moon. (Say that 3 times fast :) )

Apparently they offered Paul Weitz to be the director for "New Moon". His past movie include "The Golden Compass" and "American Pie". There is also a rumor going around that there is only going to be a 50 million dollar budget. That's not that much of leap considering both Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are reportedly getting 12 million each. That is already a large cut out of their budget. They're also saying that two executives at Summit want to fire Taylor Lautner who plays Jacob because he has a "baby face" and as the series goes on Jacob is supposed to age rapidly. However, they're saying that they won't fire him if the new director appointed wants to keep him.

In my opinion, I'm not thrilled by the thought that the guy who directed "American Pie" might be directing "New Moon". "Golden Compass" was also a terrible movie. That budget is not enough if they want to have a decent movie. Especially since this movie will require more traveling and special effects (the werewolves and the Volturi). Firing Jacob is really bothering me. I think he did a great job as being Jacob Black. As for the aging issue, he is 16! Of course he is going to grow and he could bulk up easily if he wanted to. I really hope they don't mess this movie up.

He didn't direct The Golden Compass, he was the Executive Producer, and while American Pie wasn't Oscar Worthy, it was a great film on a small budget, so as a director it seems he did a good job. He also directed the movie About a Boy which is one on the list of my gazillion favorite movies. I think it's a good opportunity for the next film to be better ... there was stuff wrong with Twilight ... let's hope they get it right in round 2!

Disneypixie513
12-10-2008, 09:46 PM
Oh..My..Gosh!
If they fire Taylor as being Jacob..i think my heart will break! I LOVED him in Twilight and am so excited to see him in New Moon. I really hope that isn't true...Besides, Jacob is supposed to look vunerable and young. I think he's perfect in the role!

pixiesmimi
12-10-2008, 09:54 PM
I think Taylor looks like I expected Jacob to look after reading the books and even though he didn't have a very big part in Twilight, I can see him progressing into a werewolf. That is what makeup is for. I think this would be a big mistake to not use the same person in all the movies. I hate to watch a show or movie (James Bond, example) where they change the person playing the character. Ruins it for me.

pink
12-11-2008, 12:43 AM
He didn't direct The Golden Compass, he was the Executive Producer, and while American Pie wasn't Oscar Worthy, it was a great film on a small budget, so as a director it seems he did a good job. He also directed the movie About a Boy which is one on the list of my gazillion favorite movies. I think it's a good opportunity for the next film to be better ... there was stuff wrong with Twilight ... let's hope they get it right in round 2!

They're saying the only reason he was offered the part was because he is buddies with one of the executives at Summit. It pays to have friends in Hollywood.

I thought there were some thing wrong with Twilight but I don't feel like bringing in a completely new director will solve that. They should have kept Catherine around and given her the extra time to make "New Moon" better than "Twilight". They didn't want to give her time, they only seemed to be concerned about money.

NotaGeek
12-11-2008, 01:13 AM
They didn't want to give her time, they only seemed to be concerned about money.
Yes, that is pretty much how Hollywood works. I am sure there's other stuff wrong ... I actually think that she is crazy not to do whatever they wanted to get the movie made.

SBETigg
12-11-2008, 07:35 AM

About a Boy was a wonderful movie, also an adaptation from an incredible book. So perhaps this could work out. As for the budget issues, Twilight was a huge hit for the studio because it did stellar box office on a low budget. Why mess with that? They don't need to go big budget and blow up the special effects to get the teens and women into the seats. It's story-driven. Some things may have been better with a bigger budget, but then spending a lot of money on this film would take away what worked for the people making money on it- high profit, low cost.

Someone asked earlier why Stephenie Meyer didn't hold out for a bigger studio to buy the film rights. It really doesn't work that way. The odds of being offered a film deal, any film deal, for even a highly bestselling book series are rare enough, but then the risk that it will actually come out of development and be put into production is even higher. If the author had an offer with good potential, she isn't going to wait or hope a better offer comes along because there most likely won't be one. That it was a huge hit as a book series is incredible enough and the film offer is icing on the cake. And once she sells the rights, she usually has little to no input on it. Janet Evanovich sold the rights to her Stephanie Plum series after the first book and it still hasn't been made into a series or movie, and that would be a big hit, I think.

Aggie97
12-13-2008, 12:46 AM
I just read on Entertainment Weekly's web site that later this weekend Summit plans to announce Chris Weitz (brother of Paul) as the director of New Moon. They may have him in Vancouver as early as Monday to start on pre-production.

After hearing so much about all of this, I finally decided to read Twilight this week. I did not think that it would be my kind of book, but I couldn't put it down! I thought Meyer really captured that feeling of being a teenager and falling in love -- and she made Edward so very swoon-worthy. I started to read New Moon last night and got way too little sleep as a result. :blush:

I can't wait to see the movie now. I think I might go see it while my husband is at a work event Wednesday evening.... :secret:

Melanie
12-15-2008, 06:28 PM
From E! Online:

New Moon Rises Next November

Fanggirls, mark your calendars.

Yesterday, you officially got a director, and today, you officially have a release date: New Moon will cross the horizon on November 20, 2009.

About a Boy's Chris Weitz directs the Twilight sequel and, oh yeah, Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson return as Bella Swan and Edward Cullen.

As of right now, the vampire and his mortal love will have several major movies to battle for box-office glory on that fateful day, the most challenging of which are Sherlock Holmes, starring Robert Downey Jr., and a Three Stooges flick written and directed by the Farrelly brothers.

brewcrew26
12-15-2008, 09:16 PM
From E! Online:

New Moon Rises Next November

Fanggirls, mark your calendars.

Yesterday, you officially got a director, and today, you officially have a release date: New Moon will cross the horizon on November 20, 2009.

Thanks for the update, Mel! DH and I saw Twilight for the third time on the weekend. Still as amazing as the first time!

Disneyatic
12-17-2008, 12:31 PM
I think Taylor looks like I expected Jacob to look after reading the books and even though he didn't have a very big part in Twilight, I can see him progressing into a werewolf. That is what makeup is for. I think this would be a big mistake to not use the same person in all the movies. I hate to watch a show or movie (James Bond, example) where they change the person playing the character. Ruins it for me.

I agree that changing his character might seem off....but I saw an article on People magazine's website that showed the other potential guy and have to admit that he fits pretty well too, he actually looks like a grown up version of Taylor Lautner.....but I think that Jacob retains his baby face in the books (or at least that was my perception) but his body just grows ALOT.
I vote to keep Taylor!

LauraleeH
12-31-2008, 02:48 PM
Does anyone know anything new about Taylor? My friend said they definitely replaced him, but I don't know how true that is. I hope they didn't. I really, really hope not.

I saw Twilight for the 3rd time last night...it was definitely the best! I'm going with my mom tomorrow :D

Disneypixie513
12-31-2008, 08:59 PM
I read an inteview with Taylor a few weeks ago on mtv.com, and He said that the rumors were so blown out of proportion. He basically had to work out and eat more to bulk up, and that he was meeting with some executive from Summit, i believe.He has to gain like 10 more pounds, but i don't think we have to worry too much.

On anoter note, did you all see what Robert did to his hair?!? Hebasically got a buzz cut! It ooks AWFUL! I really hope it eith growsbck fast, or he gets a wig for New Moon...Because he is so not Edward with that buzz. :ack:

LauraleeH
12-31-2008, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the update...Jacob just wouldn't be Jacob unless Taylor played him.

I keep hearing about it but haven't seen pictures yet. I'm sure he will grow it out before filming. Not that he has a lot of filming to do in New Moon, anyways :(

IamBelle
01-06-2009, 04:21 PM
I got the first and second books for Christmas and I already am on the 2nd book! I am obscessed w/ it! I saw the movie Sunday and loved it too! (It helps the Robert Pattinson is in it (so cute!!)) I think the book was a little better because the movie didn't have all of the little details.

LauraleeH
01-06-2009, 05:56 PM
I think the book was a little better because the movie didn't have all of the little details.
I completely agree! I actually saw the movie first and fell in love with it, then read the book. I had no idea it would be that good!

Also, I have no idea what I was talking about in my last post, saying Jacob won't be in New Moon often. I think I meant Edward?

I've seen Twilight 4 times now and it's still not enough :cloud9:

NotaGeek
01-07-2009, 07:37 PM
This is the official word from the Chris Weitz, the new director of New Moon as relayed on the official site of Stephanie Meyer (http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/):

"I'm very happy to announce that Taylor Lautner will be playing Jacob Black in New Moon and that he's doing so with the enthusiastic support of Summit Entertainment, the producers, and Stephenie Meyer.
The characters in Stephenie's books go through extraordinary changes of circumstance and also appearance; so it is not surprising that there has been speculation about whether the same actor would portray a character who changes in so many surprising ways throughout the series. But it was my first instinct that Taylor was, is, and should be Jacob, and that the books would be best served by the actor who is emotionally right for the part. I think that fans of Twilight the book and the movie will be surprised by the Jacob Black that Taylor will bring to the screen in New Moon; and I'm looking forward to working with him and the rest of the cast in realizing the film.
very best
Chris Weitz"

Melanie
01-07-2009, 08:02 PM
The movie FINALLY opens here next weekend! I think the base was a little scared when a bunch of teens and 30-40 something ladies sent in a lot of complaints. Can't wait to see it!

Oh, and glad to see the same dude will be playing Jacob. That's the movie I'm REALLY looking forward to. My favorite book of them all!

Disneyatic
01-07-2009, 11:43 PM
The movie FINALLY opens here next weekend! I think the base was a little scared when a bunch of teens and 30-40 something ladies sent in a lot of complaints. Can't wait to see it!

Oh, and glad to see the same dude will be playing Jacob. That's the movie I'm REALLY looking forward to. My favorite book of them all!

I love hearing about which books are people's favorites!
I am not sure how I feel about the 2nd book...it's almost hard to read because of the raw emotion that Meyers writes so well! My daughter (9) is currently reading the 2nd one and she keeps saying "it's so sad Mom"
But I am super excited to see it put to screen and very glad that they are keeping Taylor for Jacob. He really seems to have the right mix of that baby face that is described early on and then the attributes for the "after". With the technology/film tricks available today, I think they definitely have the ability to work Jacob's transformation in with Taylor.
I am interested to see who they get to play Sam. The two other reservation friends of Jacob's in the first movie did not seem to fit at all, and according to the book one of those was supposed to be Sam, wasn't it?

Disneyatic
01-07-2009, 11:45 PM
I completely agree! I actually saw the movie first and fell in love with it, then read the book. I had no idea it would be that good!

Also, I have no idea what I was talking about in my last post, saying Jacob won't be in New Moon often. I think I meant Edward?

I've seen Twilight 4 times now and it's still not enough :cloud9:

I have seen it 4 times too! My daughter and I can't wait until it comes out on DVD!!!

I was totally shocked that Robert Pattinson would cut off his hair, almost seems like a rebellious move! :secret:
There has been speculation that they'll put "flashes" into the movie of what and where Edward is so that he gets plenty of screen time in the next movie. I can't wait to see how it plays out!

NotaGeek
01-08-2009, 12:53 AM
I was totally shocked that Robert Pattinson would cut off his hair, almost seems like a rebellious move! :secret:
Maybe he just didn't want long hair anymore? I am not sure it has to mean anything ... he is just a person afterall...

Disneyatic
01-08-2009, 10:23 AM
Maybe he just didn't want long hair anymore? I am not sure it has to mean anything ... he is just a person afterall...

Just to clarify.....
I wasn't shocked that as a person he would decide to cut his hair, but considering it's a major point of his character, that's where the shock came from.
My comment about it almost being rebellious came from all the articles I have read where he seemed baffled by everyone loving and commenting on his hair.

MNNHFLTX
01-08-2009, 02:33 PM
Um, were you included in that latter group of complainers, Mel? ;)

Hope you enjoy the movie. It's still on my to-do list (after I start to read the series--I just picked it up at Barnes and Noble yesterday!)

Melanie
01-08-2009, 05:53 PM
Um, were you included in that latter group of complainers, Mel? ;)

Why no Beth, you know I'm only 29! ;)

There's a 'poll' in the latest issue of People about Rob's hair, and believe it or not, the majority likes it short. I'm glad he cut it off as well. He kinda bothered me the way he messed with it all the time when he was on the talk shows. It looked like just wasn't comfortable with it. I'm sure he'll have it all grown out and ready before filming begins on New Moon.

pink
01-08-2009, 06:24 PM
Just an update. Stephenie Meyer and Chris Weitz both send out emails yesterday saying that they have decided to keep Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black in New Moon. :mickey:

NotaGeek
01-08-2009, 06:37 PM
Just an update. Stephenie Meyer and Chris Weitz both send out emails yesterday saying that they have decided to keep Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black in New Moon. :mickey:
Yes, in fact I posted THIS (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showpost.php?p=1807227&postcount=173) yesterday regarding that info...

Disneyatic
01-13-2009, 06:00 PM
Did you see that Vanessa Hudgins (from HSM) supposedly auditioned for the part of Leah for New Moon?
First off, is Leah even really in New Moon???? I hope that doesn't mean that they are going to take big liberties with the story line!

Not sure how I feel about such a recognizable face for that part? From Gabriella to a she-wolf :secret:

LauraleeH
01-13-2009, 06:33 PM
Last I heard, they were considering Vanessa AND Brenda Song. I hope they weren't serious. Not that I would boycott the movie if either of these girls were in it, I just don't see them as Leah.

Niecyboo
01-13-2009, 08:47 PM
Leah could have a very small part in New Moon, since her father dies in the book. Not a huge part, but important.

Disneypixie513
01-13-2009, 10:12 PM
I really can't see either Brenda or Vanessa being Leah. They're too nice. Leah has a certain attitude of bitterness and hurt (at least in Eclipse), and I really don't think either of them could pull it off. It'd definately be the first major casting disappointment for me if either of them get the part.

Disneyatic
01-14-2009, 05:52 PM
Last I heard, they were considering Vanessa AND Brenda Song. I hope they weren't serious. Not that I would boycott the movie if either of these girls were in it, I just don't see them as Leah.

I hadn't heard about Brenda Song...NO, NO, NO....she doesn't even appear to be Indian???
While I like her, she would NOT be right for that role.
I agree, Leah is portrayed as an on-edge, suffering, borderline mean type. Neither of those girls would work for that, at least not in the range they have thus far shown.
I hope they get another new face, someone that we don't have preconceived notions about!

NotaGeek
01-14-2009, 07:06 PM
Hmmm ... maybe preconceived notions about these actresses are the problem? I read today that neither actress has been offered or has even auditioned for the part.

Movies need stars with big names to pull in money for financing ... and Vanessa Hudgins has a huge following right now -- and she looks like a she-werewolf to me. :)

Melanie
01-14-2009, 07:08 PM
Vanessa Hudgins has a huge following right now -- and she looks like a she-werewolf to me. :)

I agree. I'm not against Vanessa in this role, if it comes down to that. I think it would be a good opportunity for her to step out of her box a bit.

NotaGeek
01-14-2009, 07:25 PM
I agree. I'm not against Vanessa in this role, if it comes down to that. I think it would be a good opportunity for her to step out of her box a bit.
She really just needs to get her head in the game. :mickey:

Melanie
01-14-2009, 07:30 PM
She really just needs to get her head in the game. :mickey:

:funny:

LauraleeH
01-14-2009, 07:33 PM
Apparently Vanessa's reps are denying all New Moon rumors. Of course, just because someone denies it, doesn't mean it is or isn't true. But I would actually prefer Vanessa over Brenda (Even though I like B more than V) as Leah because she does fit the part more. Her voice is just too soft and "baby" for a character in a Twilight film.

Melanie
01-14-2009, 07:47 PM
I don't even know who Brenda Song is. I'm so out of it. :shrug:

LauraleeH
01-14-2009, 08:01 PM
She's the cute Disney Channel girl from The Suite Life of Zac and Cody and Wendy Wu. She's Asian, which would make no sense for her to be Leah; although with the right make-up, she may be able to pull it off.

Melanie
01-14-2009, 08:02 PM
She's the cute Disney Channel girl from The Suite Life of Zac and Cody and Wendy Wu. She's Asian, which would make no sense for her to be Leah; although with the right make-up, she may be able to pull it off.

Oh, that plays the snooty hotel owner's daughter? Yeah...no, I don't like her as a choice at all.

Disneyatic
01-14-2009, 09:44 PM
Apparently Vanessa's reps are denying all New Moon rumors. Of course, just because someone denies it, doesn't mean it is or isn't true. But I would actually prefer Vanessa over Brenda (Even though I like B more than V) as Leah because she does fit the part more. Her voice is just too soft and "baby" for a character in a Twilight film.

Oh yeah, between the two of them I would pick Vanessa any day. She has the coloring and the body type (or at least how I pictured it in my head when I read it!). I just don't know if I can look past Gabriella? But I am sure with the right costuming and hair changes it could be done.

Def agree that she has a huge following and that would just amp up the Twilight following even more.

pink
01-15-2009, 07:14 PM
Did you see that Vanessa Hudgins (from HSM) supposedly auditioned for the part of Leah for New Moon?
First off, is Leah even really in New Moon???? I hope that doesn't mean that they are going to take big liberties with the story line!

Screenwriter, Melissa Rosenburg commented that she has never heard of Vanessa Hudgens and would have know if she auditioned. She even went on to say that in the New Moon script she didn't even put in a part for the character Leah. So I guess they cut Leah out all together.

I don't think Vannesa or Brenda would be a good fit for Leah.:mickey:

LauraleeH
01-15-2009, 09:01 PM
Today is the final day for Twilight in my area, so my mom and I went one last time. It was her second time, and she almost got bored. It was my fifth time, and I enjoyed it as much as the previous four times. I just can't get enough! I don't know what I'm going to do until March 21st when the DVD comes out...

NotaGeek
01-22-2009, 12:10 PM
New rumors ... Dakota Fanning is in negotiation to take on the role of Jane.

Disneyatic
01-22-2009, 12:57 PM
New rumors ... Dakota Fanning is in negotiation to take on the role of Jane.

Oh, I can totally picture that! Give her a straight, severe short bob cut and she seems like she could pull it off.

LauraleeH
01-23-2009, 12:34 AM
Wow, I don't know why, but I cannot for the life of me remember who Jane is...

Disneyatic
01-23-2009, 09:34 AM
Wow, I don't know why, but I cannot for the life of me remember who Jane is...

She's one of the main members of the Volturi and has a special power that can make a person drop to the ground and feel like they are burning....she is decribed as small and petite, almost childlike....she is in the end of the 2nd book when they go to Italy, and is also in the 3rd and 4th books.

pink
01-23-2009, 06:04 PM
When I read the book I never pictured Dakota Fanning as Jane but she is a good actress so I guess she could pull it off.:mickey:

LauraleeH
01-23-2009, 08:30 PM
Now I remember, thanks. I'm sick and loaded up on cough medicine :ill:

Dakota seems a bit young, but she is such a great actress, I usually forget her age anyways.

Disneyatic
01-23-2009, 10:10 PM
I think the book kindof describes them, Alec and Jane, as being young. I know in the last book they are referred to as "the witch twins". Have you seen the previews for PUSH with Dakota Fanning in them? She seems to really have filled out as an actress and has a big range.

I just read on People that they are casting for Alec and People had 4 suggestions of guys....one was the guy who plays Draco in the Harry Potter series (Tom something), Lucas Grabel, Freddy Highmore (from Willy Wonka) and then one guy I don't know.....I think that the Draco guy would be good but he is really tall and I picture Alec and Jane both as small and petite but that's just me!
But with the Draco guy, there is that brand recognition again....he is just SO Draco, can he be Alec too???

pianobabe
01-24-2009, 09:30 AM
Draco Malfoy is played by Tom Felton in the Harry Potter movies. Is New Moon coming out this November or next year?

pink
01-24-2009, 10:04 AM
Draco Malfoy is played by Tom Felton in the Harry Potter movies. Is New Moon coming out this November or next year?

Summit Entertainment said that New Moon will be released in theatres on November 20th, 2009.:mickey:

pianobabe
01-24-2009, 10:44 AM
That's what I was thinking I heard, but as much as I would love that, it seems like they are pushing it. Have they even started filming?

pink
01-24-2009, 12:02 PM
That's what I was thinking I heard, but as much as I would love that, it seems like they are pushing it. Have they even started filming?

No, they're in pre-production right now. They will start filming in March. I think they're pushing it too. They fired Christine Hardwicke because she wanted to take more time on the script, that makes me nervous. All they care about is getting the movie out as soon as possible, they don't seem to care about the quality of the film. I hope it turns out well. :mickey:

brewcrew26
01-24-2009, 05:14 PM
Freddie Highmore is a great actor. I loved him in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Neverland (both with Johnny Depp). I don't think I see Tom Felton or Lucas Grabeel in those roles. Maybe its because they have too much brand recognition with HP and HSM.

Bethis26fan
01-25-2009, 02:00 PM
They can't wait to long to make them because the actors will age and they are suppose to be frozen at 17/18. If they are going to make all 4 of them they need to get moving esp w/ the guy actors.

NotaGeek
01-25-2009, 02:27 PM
Now I remember, thanks. I'm sick and loaded up on cough medicine :ill:

Dakota seems a bit young, but she is such a great actress, I usually forget her age anyways.
Dakota Fanning is 16, so she's actually the right age for the character. :thumbsup:

glenpreece
01-25-2009, 03:07 PM
Hey everyone!!! I saw Twilight a couple Sat's ago and decided to read the books. And I must say WOW!!!! I feel as if I know them personally, I am addicted to the saga and just couldn't stop reading them. It was sad to finish. I too am really looking forward to the New Moon movie. Although the book ripped my heart to shreds. I literally cried myself to sleep reading that book.

LauraleeH
01-25-2009, 10:34 PM
Dakota Fanning is 16, so she's actually the right age for the character. :thumbsup:
It's not that she's not old enough, she just doesn't seem old enough, even though her characters are usually very "mature." Although, I did see a picture of her that was edited to look all "Twilight-ish" and it definitely made it easier for me to see her in the part.

"Teen star Dakota Fanning confirmed Saturday she's close to signing to do the Mary role in the Twilight sequel New Moon which starts filming in March. Jane is the Italian Vulturi vampire and it would mark the first time Fanning would take on the role of a villain in a film.

'It's definitely something I look forward to doing," said Fanning during an L. A. interview for the sci-fi film Push opening Feb. 6.

If Fanning were to sign on for New Moon -- and it looks likely -- it would fire up an already blazing film series based on Stepehenie Meyer's best selling book saga. The first film in the series made over $300 million world wide. Not surprisingly, New Moon is scheduled to open in November, which is a quick turnaround.

According to insiders Fanny's representatives will meet with the filmmakers this week but both parties are near a deal and are just working out the numbers.

Although Fanning said she's hopeful, she's waiting for the deal to become official before she will discuss the movie or the series, although she admitted to looking forward to working with New Moon director Chris Weitz. "We'll see," she said."

pink
02-01-2009, 12:25 PM
Just thought I would let everyone know!

Borders announced that they're going to be selling a special edition DVD book set complete with one on one interviews with the cast, 5 deleted scenes and 5 extended scenes all with beginning commentary from the director, commentary from the director, Rob and Kristen, interviews from the movie premiere, a 7 part documentary on how they adapted Twilight from the book to the movies and a bunch of Twilight picture cards.

pink
03-07-2009, 12:47 PM
Dakota Fanning is officially cast as Jane in New Moon.

pianobabe
03-07-2009, 07:14 PM
I think she is a very good choice. She has a wonderful talent. Now, if they would only start filming so we can see it!!

Melanie
03-07-2009, 10:52 PM
Also interesting of note in the article I just read is that they are going to film the remaining three back to back.

LauraleeH
03-07-2009, 11:13 PM
Also interesting of note in the article I just read is that they are going to film the remaining three back to back.
Makes sense, they can't have Dakota 16 in this film and then 21 in the final film. I just hope they don't rush through it and mess up the important stuff.

pink
03-08-2009, 12:11 AM

They're going to start filming Eclipse 10 weeks after New Moon wraps. Breaking Dawn has not been officially confirmed yet.:mickey:

handmaidenofprincesses
03-08-2009, 12:41 PM
Oooh this sounds exciting... okay, so I've not actually seen the movie yet, but my friend gave me the books to read this week and I read all 4 in 3 days... They're so GOOD! So, even though I am a bit behind you all in the obsession/excitedness, I'm happily joining haha.

I do have a question though, and if it's already been discussed I apologize (didn't want to read all 15 pgs of this post lol) Someone mentioned something to me about a 5th book coming out??
A) is this true and B) if it is when is it coming out??

handmaidenofprincesses
03-08-2009, 12:44 PM
Also wanted to add..... Borders is having a DVD release party at (I believe) all of their stores, midnight the day the DVD comes out. We're going! It sounds like fun :)

LauraleeH
03-08-2009, 03:34 PM
If you go to the Stephenie Meyer website, you can read about the 5th book (Midnight Sun). It was supposed to be Edward's point of view, but someone hacked into her computer and posted it online, and she was supposedly so devastated that she's not going to continue the book. She has what was written on her site, but I think that's unfair to Edward and her fans to just quit and say you'll never continue the book because of one stupid person.

handmaidenofprincesses
03-08-2009, 04:18 PM
If you go to the Stephenie Meyer website, you can read about the 5th book (Midnight Sun). It was supposed to be Edward's point of view, but someone hacked into her computer and posted it online, and she was supposedly so devastated that she's not going to continue the book. She has what was written on her site, but I think that's unfair to Edward and her fans to just quit and say you'll never continue the book because of one stupid person.

That's just sad :( Not to mention the fact that she'd make a bazillion dollars if she kept writing. the same thing happened with part of Harry Potter 5 but JKRowling finished. Oh well, thanks for the info...

Bethis26fan
03-08-2009, 04:35 PM
This is from her site.

June 2008 Update: In response to the outrageous number of emails that I have received with questions concerning Midnight Sun, I talked to Stephenie this weekend and she asked me to let everyone know that Midnight Sun is her next project. She has not yet finished writing it (and there is no timeline set up, so we all need to put a lot of effort into being patient for a while longer), but she is definitely still planning on having it published. And, after Breaking Dawn comes out, Stephenie will have much more time to focus on writing Midnight Sun.

LauraleeH
03-08-2009, 05:02 PM
This is from her site.

June 2008 Update: In response to the outrageous number of emails that I have received with questions concerning Midnight Sun, I talked to Stephenie this weekend and she asked me to let everyone know that Midnight Sun is her next project. She has not yet finished writing it (and there is no timeline set up, so we all need to put a lot of effort into being patient for a while longer), but she is definitely still planning on having it published. And, after Breaking Dawn comes out, Stephenie will have much more time to focus on writing Midnight Sun.

Thanks for posting, where did you find that? I found my info from the Twilight tab (Clicking on Midnight Sun). Actually, everyone I know read the same thing I read, so I don't know why they don't update it. I'm really excited now! :thumbsup:

pink
03-08-2009, 05:44 PM
The statement is from Stephenie Meyers website.

I hope she actually does publish it, the draft she posted on the website is amazing. :mickey:

Bethis26fan
03-08-2009, 07:53 PM
yea it's on her site where shes talking about the book. It's about mid ways down.

LauraleeH
03-09-2009, 02:27 AM
In the news section, or where? Because all the info I can find on her site is what I posted earlier, about her not writing Midnight Sun indefinitely. I never check the news so that's probably it :blush:

Bethis26fan
03-09-2009, 07:33 AM
it's on the twlight tab.

BriarRose0708
03-09-2009, 10:37 AM
That is actually pretty old news about Mignight Sun. Seth (her brother and web master) posted that about 8 months ago before the leak of Midnight Sun. Stephanie was recently quoted in Vogue (link to article on Stephanie's web page) as saying that she's over it [the leak and being so upset over it that she stopped writing] now but might not finish it anyway since she is focusing on other projects.

my vote would be for Host sequels!

pink
03-09-2009, 05:27 PM
Go to her page.
Click on books.
On the left side, it will name all of the books, click on Midnight Sun.
On the page there will be a link halfway down that says "partial draft".

LauraleeH
03-09-2009, 06:11 PM
But that's from June 2008.

Two months later (August 28th, 2008) Stephenie posted another update:
So where does this leave Midnight Sun? My first feeling was that there was no way to continue. Writing isn't like math; in math, two plus two always equals four no matter what your mood is like. With writing, the way you feel changes everything. If I tried to write Midnight Sun now, in my current frame of mind, James would probably win and all the Cullens would die, which wouldn't dovetail too well with the original story. In any case, I feel too sad about what has happened to continue working on Midnight Sun, and so it is on hold indefinitely.

Melanie
03-14-2009, 07:48 AM
Anyone know the significance of releasing the DVD next Saturday, instead of the typical Tuesday release? Regardless, I'm so there.

NotaGeek
03-14-2009, 12:38 PM
Maybe because Tuesday is St. Patrick's day and so many folk go out partying ... and Saturday kids are off school so they are hoping to have more of a run on the stores? Sounds good to me. :secret:

LauraleeH
03-14-2009, 02:25 PM
It's because they are actually releasing it at 12:01am so they know teens will be out at midnight picking up their copies, while many of them couldn't do that if it were a school night. Borders and Hot Topic are having release parties, and I saw a commercial for Wal-Mart advertising the whole 12:01 deal.

joanna71985
03-14-2009, 04:08 PM
I can't wait to get mine!

Hull-onian
03-14-2009, 06:01 PM
My grandson talked me into taking him to see Twilight. I said, "Hmmph", a kids movie. I have to admit it, I watched the whole movie and loved it. Now I have all the books. See, he did me a favor. You never know where kids are going to take you.:mickey:

Disneypixie513
03-14-2009, 09:52 PM
I'm so excited for it to be on DVD. I'm getting the special 3-disc one from Target. I'm going to be there right when Target opens. The only thing is on Saturdays, I have dance class from 11:45-1:15..And it'll be around 2:30 before i'll be able to watch it...Unless I watch it before dance..Hmmm :secret:

pixiesmimi
03-14-2009, 10:04 PM
Can't wait to get my copy! I'm confused about Wal-Mart's commercial that says it is exclusive with them. :confused: What does that mean? You know they aren't the only ones selling it.

LauraleeH
03-14-2009, 10:11 PM
I'm so excited for it to be on DVD. I'm getting the special 3-disc one from Target. I'm going to be there right when Target opens. The only thing is on Saturdays, I have dance class from 11:45-1:15..And it'll be around 2:30 before i'll be able to watch it...Unless I watch it before dance..Hmmm :secret:
Oddly enough, I didn't know what the 3 disc was...I was hoping it was an iTunes dvd so I can put it on my iPod, sure enough it is! Thanks for posting, I practically live at Target but had planned on going to Borders at midnight. I'll probably go to Borders just to hang out but get to Target by nine to pick up my copy :thumbsup:

Earnhardt321
03-15-2009, 11:35 PM
So I am a little late to the Twilight craze but I am getting caught up! I am looking forward to buying the movie. I have not seen it but have almost finished reading the books! I will head to Walmart right after I get off work Saturday morning (I am working nights)!!!

LauraleeH
03-19-2009, 04:33 PM
Twilight fans! If you haven't yet, go out and buy the new book that came out Tuesday, it's called "Twilight: Director's Notebook." I got it on sale at Target thinking I could always sell it on ebay if it wasn't any good. It's INCREDIBLE. Just to see how much went into the movie...unbelievable. It makes me a little nervous for New Moon, however. They just started filming this month and it's supposed to be out in November?! Also, Catherine Hardwicke did an amazing job with Twilight and I'm hoping the new director won't mess it up.

joanna71985
03-19-2009, 06:39 PM

That's the edition I want! Besides the digital copy, the extras look sooooo good.

Twilight fans! If you haven't yet, go out and buy the new book that came out Tuesday, it's called "Twilight: Director's Notebook." I got it on sale at Target thinking I could always sell it on ebay if it wasn't any good. It's INCREDIBLE. Just to see how much went into the movie...unbelievable. It makes me a little nervous for New Moon, however. They just started filming this month and it's supposed to be out in November?! Also, Catherine Hardwicke did an amazing job with Twilight and I'm hoping the new director won't mess it up.

I just saw that book on Amazon, and thought it looked really good. I will have to look into it more now. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Disneypixie513
03-20-2009, 08:12 AM
Only 1 more day! I'm really excited. Is anyone planning on going to a midnight release party? I'm not going to.
I'd like to get the new Director's Notebook, but I think i'm going to wait and ask for it for my birthday.

pixiesmimi
03-20-2009, 09:52 AM
Is this Director's Notebook the same book that was out earlier when the last book was coming out that shows scenes of the filming? I bought one back then and it was real good. If it is a different one, I will probably buy it when I go get the DVD this weekend. I can't look at it right now to see if that was the name of it because DGS has it. No, I don't go to midnight parties for anything! Sleep is too important to me. :D

LauraleeH
03-20-2009, 11:59 AM
Is this Director's Notebook the same book that was out earlier when the last book was coming out that shows scenes of the filming? I bought one back then and it was real good. If it is a different one, I will probably buy it when I go get the DVD this weekend. I can't look at it right now to see if that was the name of it because DGS has it. No, I don't go to midnight parties for anything! Sleep is too important to me. :D
I didn't know there was a book that came out already. It's possible they sold out and just now re-released it. I'll have to check into that :)

I was going to go to a Borders party but I'm not buying my DVD there so I figured, "Why bother?"

pixiesmimi
03-20-2009, 01:18 PM
I just saw the new Director's Notebook at Walmart and they only had two copies left. I'm sure they will get more, hopefully! It was hard for me to put it back and not buy it now but I did look through it and it looks like a neat book. I'll probably buy it later. It isn't the same one they had out earlier. The earlier one was a large book and just had pictures and captions of the movie and a little about the filming. This one has more indepth story boards, etc. about making the movie and is about the size of a journal.

Melanie
03-20-2009, 09:45 PM
Just got my DVD! :joy:

joanna71985
03-20-2009, 10:56 PM
This could possibly be an OT question. But is the 3-disc dvd exclusive to a particular store? Or will it be sold everywhere?