PDA

View Full Version : Another stroller question!

momof3+twins
07-09-2008, 04:37 PM
We will be bringing a 5 year old, and twin 2 year olds. So, yes we will need strollers for 3 kids. I have 4 adults and two older kids that can help push and carry the strollers.
The question is how should we do this, three umbrellas and a stroller conncector for two of them, 3 umbrellas and no stroller connector, or a double umbrella stroller and one single umbrella stroller? We currently have strollers that are falling apart so we need new ones. What will work best with busses, in parks, through crowds, and in the shops?

disneymom15
07-09-2008, 05:34 PM
I would think that a double umbrella and a single umbrella would be the best.

chefmickey3
07-09-2008, 06:41 PM
At 2, I wouldn't bother with anything bigger than a lightweight or umbrella. We just bought a great Chicco from Target for our two year old for this year. Two of those would work well. They are 11 lb., fold up easy, have a sun shade, and a small basket underneath.

I may be in the minority, but our kids have always walked once they are four. My four and six year olds will be walking this year. Last year, at three, we used a sit stand stroller and he did most of the walking and only rested to and from the bus. Not using a stroller for the four year old helps us remember how small they are and that we take it slow and easy. Not loading kids in and out of strollers is a huge benefit as well as trying to keep track of mulitple strollers in stroller parking.

VolMickey
07-09-2008, 07:16 PM
DD is older now, but when we needed one we just rented one at The World. So much more convenient. Prices were good and they were always available, plus the same days' rental was good in other parks if you "hopped." :mickey:

momof3+twins
07-09-2008, 07:45 PM
Our 5 year old is a slow walker. He has a sort of disability. I mean it isn't major just motor skill planning problems. And he is immature for his age very immature. A stroller is a must for him.
Stroller rentals went up recently didn't they? I thought it was a crazy price now!

mudpuppysmom
07-09-2008, 07:57 PM
I'd say a double and a single umbrella initially, but then since you have four adults......if one of the kids gets crabby and needs to nap back at the room or if one wants to go this way another wants to go that way and the third wants to go yet another way (you never know where the adults might want to shop :blush:) if you would have three singles and connectors (I'm not exactly sure how well these work (are they more of a hassle?), but if you get three singles three people can go different ways with all three kids.

Just a thought on the three singles, but I think a double (for the twins) and a single for your older son would do the trick.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
07-09-2008, 08:13 PM
If you go with an umbrella for your 2 year olds, I would make sure they recline. At that age I wouldn't be surprised if they caught cat naps during the day.
My boys gave up using a stroller at 4 in WDW. We had one for my daughter in September when we were there and she hardly used it at all. She was just shy of 4. The few times she did use it, it was the take a quick nap. We are leaving at home in December when we go.
I know the Jeep umbrella strollers are great. My sister has the double for her kids and it was affordable and comfy when they were in WDW last March. Their single is affordable as well.
Your son would probably do fine in a regular umbrella. I am sure he will be too excited to sleep at all.
I hope you have a great trip!:mickey:

aurora, ariel, and bell
07-10-2008, 08:42 AM
We are almost in the same situation. We are going in September and there will be 4 adults, and my granddaughters will just have turned 2,3, and 4.

We are bringing 3 strollers. they are lightweight and will fold easily and recline. we bought the connectors so we can put two together if we want. We are also putting our name on it so when cm's move the strollers around they will know these go together.

Disney is big and alot of walking, i would rather push around an empty stoller and have it availabe if a child needs it.:mickey:

peemagg
07-10-2008, 09:19 AM
This past January we were in that same situation. We had twin 13 month olds and a 2.5 year old. We had 3 single strollers. It was nice for if we wanted to split up or go through a store or some place with small isles.

We have seen people with double strollers not be able to get as far into a place as they wanted because the aisles weren't wide enough.

I agree to be sure that the strollers recline and are lightweight. Our were Combi's. I don't think that getting those stroller connectors are a good idea. I understand that they don't work the way they claim they do.

When we parked our three together we just got the largest caribiner D-rings we could find and hooked them together. This way if the CM's had to move them they had to move all three, plus it gave us something to hang things from. It worked well for us.

I also went to Home Depot and got some of their Disney paint chips of various colors. I cut out the Mickey heads and punched a hole in each one and put the child's first initial and last name on them. I then strung them on cord and hung them between the handles of the stroller. It made finding our strollers very easy.