PDA

View Full Version : Marrakesh Restaurant - How is it?

Katarch
07-09-2008, 03:07 PM
I'd like to try the Marrakesh Restaurant in Morocco when I'm there in September is it good? Is there entertainment?:mickey:

CanadianWDWFan
07-09-2008, 03:38 PM
We have always enjoyed our meals there. Even our two boys, 10 and 4. As for the entertainment, there is a Belly Dancer, I think that there is a show every hour. She likes to get other folks up dancing with her. My DW tried to get me up there, but no dice!!! :D Really it seems that it is all the younger kids that like to get up. She really tries to encourage everyone to get up and dance with her.

We haven't been in a couple of years so we will have to get back nextime we go,

r4kids
07-09-2008, 03:48 PM
We went Sept/Oct 2007 and really enojyed it. There are musicians and a belly dancer who does a great job. Our 4 kids (at the time, 12,9,6,4) had alot of fun and really liked the food.

Gator
07-09-2008, 03:50 PM
The dancers there are really cool. And I really liked the food. My wife was just OK with it, but that's because she got shrimp, and Disney never seems to clean those guys.

passholderryan
07-10-2008, 02:21 AM
Don't forget to stop by thier other dining area, the tangierine cafe. Go to where they sell the pastries and ask for a tangierine cocktail (adult beverage)!!!!! Very good, especially for those hot summer days.

Bobump
07-10-2008, 04:58 AM
passholderryan

I second that !!!!!! My entire family considers THE TANGERINE COCKTAIL one of the hidden treasures of EPCOT ~!!!!!:thumbsup:

Crow
07-10-2008, 09:04 AM
dont tell me about another drink to try!:marg::beer:
I liked Marrakesh & will probably eat there again in Sept. the meal was good, service was good (recommended a dish that was cheaper than the 1 I was looking at) & the belly dancer is nice:thumbsup:

dumbo_buddy
07-10-2008, 09:54 AM
DH and i went there in january on a whim and LOVED it! it's a nice break from the typical disney food (burgers, fries, etc). the entertainment is nice and i felt very comfortable there. sometimes i feel like the restaurants pack people in like sardines. marrakesh felt much more open to me. i didn't have to hear everything the people next to me were saying:number1:

threeh
07-10-2008, 01:45 PM
Another family that loves Merrakesh!!
The food IMO is very tasty, love the cous cous. The belly dancer and music as always nice, the kids like that as well. A fellow intercotee told me about the wine in Morrocco, very very good as well. It is sweet but good!!
Happy planning:mickey:

bkfree
07-10-2008, 05:53 PM
We also loved it and so did our kids,ages 6 and 8.
I loved the Chicken and Beef Bastilla and the Harika Soup.

It is a beautiful area of WS. We went at night and the Photo pass Photographer took a beautiful photo of our family sitting in front of the lighted fountain. It is one of our favorites photos, be sure and get that done if you are there at night.

I did miss the Tangerine drink, that will be on my to do list for my trip in Dec.

Speaking of a very refreshing drink.
The icy cold Reisling wine at Germany is also wonderful and refreshing. I don't think I have ever missed out on that.

Natazu
07-10-2008, 11:17 PM
We love Marrakesh's food. They are consistently great, every visit, every item. Anyone can make you love the first bite. It takes imagination to make you love the last one.

RAIDER
07-11-2008, 04:20 AM
Ive ate there twice and the food is excellent and portions are large ,you will never finish it

The belly dancer ( well say no more ) when shes on you see all the dads with their cameras and camcorders out :D...Jokes aside she pulls kids out to dance with her and they have have a musician playing as well when shes not on

Its a great place the waiters are always helpful and i would happily go back again :thumbsup:

SFTrny
07-11-2008, 09:25 AM
The restaurant and food are great. We've been there once and are going back on our next trip. One nice note is that it seems less crowded and quieter than a lot of the other restaurants. It is tucked into the back of the Morroccan pavillion, so you get a bit removed from the park as you make your way back. Really a nice escape.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-12-2008, 05:24 PM
:) My coworker told me they ate there last year because they couldn't get a table at any other Epcot restaurant and it ended up being the best meal of their trip

tinksmom02
07-12-2008, 10:43 PM
:) My coworker told me they ate there last year because they couldn't get a table at any other Epcot restaurant and it ended up being the best meal of their trip

We had a similar experience...our DAunts came to spend the day in epcot with us, and wanted a sit down meal. It was here or China, so we chose Marrakesh, and it was by far one of the best meals of our week. I agree with others, the portions are large, service great, atmosphere was nice...different. DAunts were not looking forward to this meal at all, but were pleasantly suprised!

Magic Smiles
07-12-2008, 10:50 PM
We ate there last December. It was okay and we are glad that we tried it, but feel no need to go back. The belly dancer we had was not great and did not ask for any audience participation.
This was our dinner for the Candlelight Processional package.