PDA

View Full Version : Faxing room requests

Young@Heart
07-09-2008, 01:41 PM
When should I fax my room requests to the room assigner? We have preferred rooms booked at POP, and beyond that, I don't really care about room location. However, it's extremely important that DH and I have connecting rooms, since we had to book 2 seperate room ressies because we couldnt' put minors alone in a room. This is our anniversary trip, and I don't know what I'll do if they don't give us connecting rooms. :(

Seasonscraps
07-09-2008, 01:53 PM
I would make sure something like that is noted on your reservation.

You can fax the hotel a few days in advance of your arrival but I read on intercot that the assigners were receiving too many faxes and started to ignore them. But it certainly doesn't hurt to send one.

Strmchsr
07-09-2008, 02:11 PM
As Christine said, faxing in room requests really doesn't work anymore, but if you have connecting room with minors noted on your reservation then that will suffice. Just make sure that it is noted on your reservation.

Young@Heart
07-10-2008, 01:11 AM
Our TA noted it on both room ressies, and cross-referenced our names. But I'm still worried, since I kept my maiden name and DH and I dont' share the same last name. :confused: I hope they don't ignore our request and give preference to people who are obviously related.

MauiMouse
07-10-2008, 07:36 AM
You can fax the hotel a few days in advance of your arrival but I read on intercot that the assigners were receiving too many faxes and started to ignore them. But it certainly doesn't hurt to send one.

As Christine said, faxing in room requests really doesn't work anymore, but if you have connecting room with minors noted on your reservation then that will suffice. Just make sure that it is noted on your reservation.

When did this start happening?

Last April I faxed in our room request to Pop Century. My reservation was through Magical Journey and my friends through Disney, I sent a fax to them 3 days prior, saying that we'd like to be near each other. I told them that we didn't have to have a connection room. Well guess what we got a connecting room and ground floor too. So I do think that they still read those faxes.

I'll be faxing my room request for this August as well, to be near my friends location. :thumbsup:

brownie
07-10-2008, 10:05 AM
The recommendation has been to not fax your requests for at least a couple years now. As long as it's noted on your reservation, they'll make an effort to accommodate you. If your request wasn't granted during room assignment, the cast members at check-in will work with you to grant your requests. The only thing I would do is call about a week out to confirm that your request is on your reservation.

Young@Heart
07-10-2008, 12:35 PM
The recommendation has been to not fax your requests for at least a couple years now. As long as it's noted on your reservation, they'll make an effort to accommodate you. If your request wasn't granted during room assignment, the cast members at check-in will work with you to grant your requests. The only thing I would do is call about a week out to confirm that your request is on your reservation.

Thanks for the advice on this. Should I call the resort directly at that point?

bkfree
07-10-2008, 12:42 PM
We also faxed our resort (YC) last trip 2 days before we arrived.
I basically told them how excited we were to be visiting the resort for the first time and that we had an early am flight arrival. I stated that we did not expect our room to be ready. I also reinterated what our TA had requested a room with a balcony because our son was ASD and having a space to chill and look at the view helped him when in a hotel. I said that I knew they would do their best to accomodate us but no matter we would have a great time and that we would be celebrating both of our kids birthdays while there.

When we arrived at 10am, it was obvious that they had indeed read our fax. Our room was ready and waiting and they had upgraded us to a water view with an extra large balcony at no charge. AND the Captain that is in the lobby, a wonderful older black man, came over and sang a beautiful rendition of Happy Birthday to them.
It was magical and a fantastic start to our week.

TammiMcMan
07-11-2008, 01:04 AM
Thanks for the advice on this. Should I call the resort directly at that point?Disney is able to "link" reservations and it doesn't matter if the last names are the same. Provided your TA did that, there really isn't much more you can do. Connecting rooms are only a request and there is absolutely no way to guarantee it or increase your chances of getting one. Faxes have overwhelmed the room assignors, so there's a likelihood that it will be ignored. Calling the resort, really isn't calling the resort. Disney uses a call center and you could be speaking with someone in Utah. All they can do is confirm what your TA has told you, that the request has been noted.

If not having connecting rooms is going to be a burden, then this might be a good time to reconsider and look into a villa, family suite, or resort that would accomodate you in one room. Disney will try to fulfill a request, but sometimes it's just not possible.

Young@Heart
07-11-2008, 01:16 AM
If not having connecting rooms is going to be a burden, then this might be a good time to reconsider and look into a villa, family suite, or resort that would accomodate you in one room. Disney will try to fulfill a request, but sometimes it's just not possible.

Well, it's much too late for that. We booked our Aug. trip back in January, and at that point, the AS family suites were already booked up. Our TA assured us there'd be no trouble w/ connecting rooms, so we chose 2 rooms at POP over 1 room at POR. I realize that the TA has no control over this, but she was very convincing. I certainly hope our request is able to be met. :mickey:

TammiMcMan
07-11-2008, 12:09 PM
I certainly hope our request is able to be met. :mickey:Your TA might have had only positive experiences with booking connecting rooms. It is normally a request that they can fulfill, however there are situations where rooms just won't be available. For example, they could have a large group, like bands or cheerleaders booked there, some of the connecting rooms include a handicapped unit, which obviously those guests would get a priority for the room assignment and of course maintenance issues that could take rooms out of inventory completely.

I hope everything works out okay for you, that would kind of stink to be in separate rooms for your anniversary. If you arrive to find out they weren't able to connect your rooms, I'd suggest asking to speak with a manager. Calmly and maybe with a little humor, explain your situation and maybe they'll be able to do something for you. It may involve being moved to another resort, or maybe they can place you temporarily and arrange to move your room when a connecting one opens up. Having a backup plan, or at least being prepared for what "might" happen can help alleviate pre-vacation stress.

brownie
07-11-2008, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the advice on this. Should I call the resort directly at that point?

No, just call whoever you made the reservations through and confirm it through them.

Young@Heart
07-11-2008, 08:14 PM
I looked at the POP room map again last night, and I had forgotten that 1/2 of the rooms connect. I think the odds would really have to be against us to not get connecting rooms, esp. since we tend to check-in well before rooms are ready for the day. :thumbsup:

I've decided to be very optomistic about this. I tend to stress out about things, and I don't need anything keeping me up every night for the next 3 weeks. :blush: