PDA

View Full Version : Campfire movie & bugs?

DizneyDoug
07-09-2008, 01:02 PM
Next week my family is going to the 5:00pm Hoop-Dee-Doo and then planning on going to the Campfire movie and I am curious to know if the bugs are bad and if I should pack insect repellent? Thank you!

ibrowse17
07-09-2008, 01:12 PM
To be on the safe side, I would take something for the bugs. In saying that, I can not recall a single bad time with bugs in any of our many trips to FW. I hope you have a great time:thumbsup:

SoaringEpcot
07-09-2008, 03:57 PM
Yes, I would take some repellant. The mosquitoes were not bad but there were a few. Better to smell like repellant than even have a few bites for me.

jonahbear2006
07-10-2008, 01:09 AM
hmm, I never had one bug bite me there. They spray everyday, throughout the park, was what I was told over the phone. You can pack it to be safe, and I would, but I doubt you end up using it at all, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. It was all very pleasant.

yjgirl715
07-10-2008, 08:48 AM
When I was there for Mickey's Backyard BBQ I did not get bit by any bugs either. Love bugs were out and about, but I did not see any other bugs. Does anyone know if you can go to the campfire movie if your not staying at the Fort Wilderness or Wilderness lodge? Thank you in advance for your help.

dan864
07-10-2008, 06:37 PM
Hi
its open air,so you can just sit on the grass and watch the film,theres a small popcorn cart there as well,so you have something to munch,they also sell drinks and sweets(candy).its a great night and its free.

jonahbear2006
07-10-2008, 08:30 PM
:thumbsup:As far as I understood, if you are staying on a disney resort area, you are welcome to join any activities at any of the resorts. I talked to a castmember a few months ago and she explained it to me as a disney resort guest is a disney resort guest is a disney resort guest, so I can't see why it would make any difference at all. Beach club has movies on their beach as well, so that is also an option....no chip and dale though :-(

russk42
07-14-2008, 06:35 AM
Does anyone know if you can go to the campfire movie if your not staying at the Fort Wilderness or Wilderness lodge? Thank you in advance for your help.

I have met local (i.e. Orlando residents)families who park at DTD, and take the bus to fort wilderness for the campfire---there's no ID check

yjgirl715
07-14-2008, 08:50 AM
Thank you Jonahbear2006. This would be great to do for after the Hoop-De-Doo-Review also. Can't wait.

WDWdriver
07-14-2008, 09:36 AM
---there's no ID check

While this is true most of the time, it is always possible for guests to asked to show their Disney resort IDs. We have had reports here of resort ID checks during busy times of the year such as Christmas week.

Just for the record, the campfire program is open to guests staying at any Disney resort and possessing a current resort room key or resort ID.