PDA

View Full Version : Late check-out??

DizneyDoug
07-09-2008, 12:58 PM
We are staying at POFQ from Sunday-Sunday and we won't have to return on the ME bus until 3pm. Does anybody know if resorts will allow for late-checkout so that we can enjoy the park in the morning and early afternoon before packing up and heading home??

ayeckley
07-09-2008, 01:05 PM
I don't believe that will be possible, although it never hurts to ask. Probably what you'll have to do is pack your bags in the morning and then have the bell desk pick them up and put them in their storage area. After that you can go enjoy the parks. When DME shows up, the bell desk should transfer your bags to them so all you have to do is walk on the bus. That's what we've done in the past with Miers(sp?) before DME existed.

sainter
07-09-2008, 01:16 PM
The latest you can get late check out is 1:00 so it would probably be better to check out early leaving your bags with bell services, as the previous poster wrote, if you want to go to a park.
You have to call the morning of departure and housekeeping decides if you can have a late check out (at least that is what we were told). We have had mixed luck. Once we got the 1:00 time, once told no, and another time they gave us until noon.

Seasonscraps
07-09-2008, 01:59 PM
This falls in the doesn't hurt to ask category. Call the front desk the night before to make the request but 1:00 is the latest they will give you.

I agree with the two other replies to take an early check out, store your bags with bell services, hit the parks and return before your scheduled pick.

DH & I would keep a change of clothes and personal items on top of our bags so we can freshen up before heading out to the airport.

jonahbear2006
07-09-2008, 02:14 PM
We plan on spending our last day using emh and eeh, so we just planned on getting showers at night, leaving out our one outfit for the next day, and packing everything into the car the night before. We will sleep our last night in the hotel with nothing but our one outfit and then checkout will be a breeze and we can head out to the parks without scrounging through the room looking for lost items or packing the car up. We decided this was best since the 8th offers both morning and night at HS and AK, we will get the most bang for our buck and I hate leaving the room time. It seems like you can spend hours getting everything out of your room if you wait till the last minute.

disneygeek84
07-09-2008, 02:51 PM
If you're flying with an airline that you can check-in with at your resort then they can take the bags for you to the airport and all you have to do is show up in time to get on the DME bus and head out. We did this last year and it was great. We got up really early our last day and spent the morning/early afternoon in MK and then around 1:30 headed back to the resort to catch the ME and we never had to deal with our luggage.

TheRustyScupper
07-10-2008, 08:46 AM
1) Late checkout is granted by Housekeeping, not Front Desk.
2) If granted,
. . . up to 1:00pm, free
. . . 1:00-3:00pm, 50% of room rate
. . . after 3:00pm, 100% of room rate

NOTE: It is up to Housekeeping whether to apply the surcharge. Unfortunately, you will not know until you receive your bill whether they actually applied it. Sometimes, things go smoothly and they do not charge - other times, the late check creates logistical issues, and they apply the charge.