PDA

View Full Version : Four names for children?

Katmegali
07-09-2008, 05:47 AM
How many people have picked three first names for their children or have three first names? Ever have any trouble with it?

My youngest two each have four names -- three plus last name. Picked family names after loved ones -- too many to decided so gave more middle names. People always seem to drop one of the middle names or skip on the middle intials.:confused:

ARMJ --- Angelina Rosetta Marie :cloud9:
JHDJ --- James Hunter David (called Hunter):cloud9:

DisneyFreak23
07-09-2008, 09:06 AM
I am not a parent, (im 14) but there were a few kids in my 8th grade graduation that had four names. actually, one kid had five! These students were given the choice to have their name read any way they wanted it. They both chose to have their full names read. These were both boys and both quite funny, so when their long names were read, pretty much everyone laughed, because it was just sooo in their personality to do that.

Dakota Rose
07-09-2008, 09:07 AM
I have 3 first names and 2 last names (maiden and married). DS also has 3 names. I was named after my grandmothers and great grandmother. DS's middle names are for his grandfather and great-grandfather. DD will be born tomorrow but I didn't want to plague her with too many names (legally I couldn't keep my maiden name as my name was too long to fit on documents) so she'll have just one middle name.

J9
07-09-2008, 05:32 PM
I have a first name (duh) and two middle names:

Janine Nicole Bernadette

I usually drop off the Bernadette though and just initial Nicole (except on my diplomas because I think it looks classier with the whole shebbang!)

Also if and when I get married, i fully plan on hyphenating. I just think it'd be too weird without my current last name.

Disneyatic
07-09-2008, 05:58 PM
My daughter has 2 middle names,
Emily Anne Laine and my husband (her step-father) is in the process of adopting her and she wants to hypenate so she will have 2 last names also!
She said "Mom, it is going to take me FOREVER to write me name!" :secret:

Niecyboo
07-09-2008, 07:36 PM
My DDs both have your basic three names (first, middle, last) but my DS has 4 names. My oldest DDs middle name was my grandmothers. My second DDs middle name was for my DH's grandmother. Then when our third and last came along, we decided to honor both families. We'd had Paul picked out ever since our first, for DH's Grandfather, but had never had a chance to use it. Then my Dad died about a year and a half before my DS was born so I wanted to use Alan for him.

So now we have a Joshua Paul Alan.

merlinmagic4
07-09-2008, 07:47 PM
My brother has 2 middle names: Kevin Michael Patrick but initials with the first (M) as far as I know. I don't even know why he has those names!

I wish I had thought of 2 middle names for my youngest since we struggled with who to name him after. We went with my deceased father but we would have liked to have honored my husband's mother's husband (our kids' Papa).

PirateLover
07-09-2008, 10:40 PM
I actually didn't even have a middle name until I made my confirmation. From then on I decided to start using my confirmation name (elizabeth) as my middle name.

Cinderelley
07-10-2008, 02:24 AM
DS16 has 4 names, but he actually wants 5. His first and middle names are Alaric Anthony Thomas. I wanted it to be Alaric Anthony Morgan after a character in a book, but ex-DH wanted him to have his middle name - Thomas. Now that DS has read the books, he wants it to be Alaric Anthony Thomas Morgan. :thumbsup:

J9
07-10-2008, 07:45 AM
What books?

(Just curious - I'm always looking for a good read! LOL)

conorsmom2000
07-10-2008, 08:23 AM
I actually didn't even have a middle name until I made my confirmation. From then on I decided to start using my confirmation name (elizabeth) as my middle name.

Everyone in my family just has a first and middle name, but sometimes we will throw in our confirmation name for good measure! :D (Mine is also Elizabeth!) I actually dropped my middle name when I got married and legally changed it to my maiden name. I wanted to keep my maiden name as part of my name, but I didn't want to hyphenate. So, I now go by first, maiden, last name.

TinkiTime1989
07-10-2008, 08:49 AM
Everyone in my family just has a first and middle name, but sometimes we will throw in our confirmation name for good measure! :D (Mine is also Elizabeth!) I actually dropped my middle name when I got married and legally changed it my maiden name. I wanted to keep my maiden name as part of my name, but I didn't want to hyphenate. So, I now go by first, maiden, last name.

My confirmation name gets thrown in sometimes too! So sometimes I'm Erin Nichole, and other times I'm Erin Nichole Cecilia. My best friend also throws hers in sometimes making her Samantha Elyse Elizabeth.

Mickey'sGirl
07-10-2008, 09:11 AM
My son's both have one first name, two middle names and a last name.

For each of them, one middle name is a family name, and the other is simply a name that we liked with the others. DS10 can not fit all of his names on his health card, so only one middle name is listed.

amd780
07-10-2008, 10:28 AM
My Confirmation name is Elizabeth, too! That makes me Rebecca Mary Elizabeth and then my maiden and married last names. I never legally changed my last name, but sometimes I'll tack on my married name, like when I'm putting the return address on mail. I figured this helps avoid confusion. :)

TiggeRia
07-10-2008, 12:25 PM
My first name is two in one and I also use my confirmation name at times too, which makes me

Anna-Maria Adelaide Elizabeth (another Elizabeth!)

When I get married I plan on hyphenating my last name so I can keep my maiden name as well. :)

Nate's Grandpa
07-10-2008, 01:31 PM
I work for a life insurance company doing computer programming.

We have several policyholders with five names.
We have one policyholder with only one name.

My uncle had only initials and a last name - JD Smitherman.

Here we go again...
07-11-2008, 03:07 AM
Wow, I do not know that I have ever known anyone to have Bernadette as a middle name besides me.
Growing up I hated it, I got teased all the time.
(Angel Burnd-to-death)

Now that I am older, I like the name.
So, when I got married I chose to keep my name...first middle and last.

You would too if your married name would go to Angel Moore Moore... yes, I was a Moore and married a Moore. :D

BelleLovesTheBeast
07-11-2008, 12:45 PM
My DH has 4 names and he's a Jr. He has 2 first names and 1 middle.

Cinderelley
07-12-2008, 05:49 AM
What books?

(Just curious - I'm always looking for a good read! LOL)

It's the Deryni books by Katherine Kurtz. They are fantasy books if you like that type of book.

mjaclyn
07-13-2008, 08:09 PM
A friend of mine just named her son Ethan Thomas Gregory because they couldn't decide between Ethan and Thomas. All of us kids just have a first name and a middle name but I would consider using three names for my child if I couldn't decide on just two.

LauraleeH
07-13-2008, 11:32 PM
I didn't realize so many people had big names like that! I don't even have a middle name at all.

Kairi_7378
07-14-2008, 07:23 AM
I also use my confirmation name as a second middle name. My middle name was chosen for a cousin who was very sick when I was born (and who died when I was in high school.) I chose my confirmation name after a cousin who died a few months before I was confirmed. It was very important to me to honor these people. (This is the argument that I had to use when I got my wedding invites printed out, as my name takes up an entire line by itself!)

My mom's confirmation name is Elizabeth. She doesn't use it as a middle name though.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
07-19-2008, 01:57 PM
My DDs name is Emma-Sue Avery plus last name...

During my last 2 months of pregnancy I played with the names a lot... and up until I had her, she was going to be:

Emmalyna Easter Sue Avery plus last night...

Easter was my great-great grandmother's name, Sue is my aunt's middle name, and Emmalyna Avery is just pretty...

my friends looked at me and said "you are nuts" lol

HollyB
07-21-2008, 02:21 AM
The twins have 4 names. A first name, a short, but first-name-type middle name, my maiden name as a middle name and my DH's last name. We did not hyphenate our last names but wanted the kids to know they came from two strong families. I always put both their middle initials down, but there isn't always room. They each have 23 letters in their names.