PDA

View Full Version : Newbie ???... Am I missing something?

walkersmommy
07-08-2008, 10:23 PM
We are taking my 2YO to WDW for the second time the weekend of Sept. 26, 27 and 28th. We will be going to MK and DS. We didn't take him to MK on the last trip because we wanted him to know who Mickey was before he met him.

I was trying to decide days for MK and for DS and saw that MK is open until midnight on Sept. 27th. I was thinking that would be our MK date but I was a little concerned that the park being open so late would be an indicator of an anticipated busy day for the parks. Does anyone know if there is a reason we should avoid MK on that day??

Thanks in advance!:mickey:

Beast_fanatic
07-08-2008, 11:26 PM
Welcome to INTERCOT!

The Magic Kingdom tends to be quite busy on weekends, particularly on Saturdays, and I think you are right to expect larger crowds with the extended park hours for that day.

Disney Lynn
07-09-2008, 08:35 AM
The Food & Wine Festival starts 9/26, so I asume that EPCOT would be more crowded that weekend than the other parks. If your son would be able to stay awake and enjoy MK until late that night (9/27), I say go for it. However, if he would need to sleep, I would suggest another day for the MK. WIll one of those days be early entry at the MK? I always recommend Early entry (now called AM EMH), assuming you can be there for the start.

crazypoohbear
07-09-2008, 10:10 AM
The Magic Kingdom also closes at 7pm on Sept 26th for MNSSHP. So that could be a reason they are open later the following night.
WE will be there at the same time!

KAT1811
07-09-2008, 12:41 PM
With the MK being open so late it may be a bit quieter in the morning. The families that have older children and will take advantage of the late hours will most likely not arrive first thing in the morning but sleep in. I would go first thing in the morning when the park opens and stay until it gets crowded or your DS needs a break, head back to the resort for a nap (if he needs one) and then onto another park if he can handle it.

walkersmommy
07-09-2008, 09:49 PM
Thanks to everyone for the advice! I think that we will plan to go to MK on Saturday. I was worried that DS would not understand on Sunday that everyone was there for MNSSHP and that we had to leave the park. DH thinks that we would be pushing it to try to schedule that into our plans on this trip.

Intercot is so great! I was actually a cast member for several years and used to troll intercot to get the scoop on rumors before they hit the parks. I haven't worked there since 2002 and so much changes from year to year that I really do feel out of touch sometimes and travelling with a toddler is a whole new experience. I am excited to become part of the intercot community!

Again, thank you!