PDA

View Full Version : Labour Day Crowds.....your experiences?

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
07-08-2008, 07:15 PM
I've heard conflicting reports about Labour Day weekend. Disney labels it as 'Highest Attendance', where Intercot rates it as 'A Good Time To Go'.

I've already booked the trip (50 days today!), but am wondering: Based on YOUR past experiences with the Labour Day weekend...how have the crowds been? Light? Heavy?

I noticed MK has EMH on Aug 31 and closes for non-Disney Resort guests at 12 midnight...so is it actually open until 3am?

Chris :hatter:

BelleCiavo
07-08-2008, 07:35 PM
I've heard conflicting reports about Labour Day weekend. Disney labels it as 'Highest Attendance', where Intercot rates it as 'A Good Time To Go'.

I've already booked the trip (50 days today!), but am wondering: Based on YOUR past experiences with the Labour Day weekend...how have the crowds been? Light? Heavy?

I noticed MK has EMH on Aug 31 and closes for non-Disney Resort guests at 12 midnight...so is it actually open until 3am?

There are a couple of events that weekend, Disney's Royal Quinceañera Weekend (new) and the Tom Joyner Family Reunion (just on Sunday I think.) We were there for the weekend 1x, it was crowded so now we go on the Tuesday after Labor Day weekend.

Yes, MK is open to 3 AM for resort guests.

Jen C.
07-08-2008, 08:02 PM
We were there last Labor Day (07) weekend, and found the crowds to be much larger than we anticipated. Not unbearable, but expect 40-50-70 min waits for main attractions. All parades/fireworks were also packed. We have chosen to go the 2nd week in Sept. now for that reason alone.
however, if you are at all used to the large summer crowds, this will not seem nearly as bad. The rating I would give it from 1-10 for crowds would be a 7 or 8. Have an awesome trip!

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
07-08-2008, 11:45 PM
Interesting...so it'll be pretty much like the summer then? I've been before during Spring Break and that was overwhelmingly busy. But I guess if we plan it out right, and realize the lineups will be long, and take advantages of fast passes, then we'll be just fine :)

How busy is the Magic Kingdom at 2am?? Still packed???

BelleCiavo
07-09-2008, 04:46 PM
Interesting...so it'll be pretty much like the summer then? I've been before during Spring Break and that was overwhelmingly busy. But I guess if we plan it out right, and realize the lineups will be long, and take advantages of fast passes, then we'll be just fine :)

How busy is the Magic Kingdom at 2am?? Still packed???

Labor Day weekend wasn't as crowded as Memorial Day weekend. There will probably be 60-120 minute waits instead of the 120- 180 we experienced Memorial Day 2007. Use FP, get to the parks early if you want to ride things like Soarin' and you should be fine. Last MD weekend I would say MK started clearing out between 11 and midnight on EMH night.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-09-2008, 08:18 PM
We were there last Labor Day and I didn't find the crowds anywhere near as large as I was expecting. But maybe I was comparing it to July 4th so that's why it didn't seem bad.

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
07-09-2008, 10:56 PM
Great - thanks so much! It sounds like they'll be managable. I've been there 4 times before but not during this time. I'm sure with my knowledge of fastpasses and the lay of the land/parks, the crowds will be noticable but managable!