View Full Version : Mel's Trip Report #3

JMTStone
07-08-2008, 06:12 PM
Cast:

DH 48
Me 38
Princess #1 15
Princess #2 6

Our next ADR was Spoodles at the Boardwalk. I recommend the bread with dipping oil. YUMMY. This was a nice relaxing evening. We did the Boardwalk after. What a special resort. DD6 loved the magicians. We figured out the date (silly me I put the date and not day on my planning tool and kept saying "what day is this?" what a NICE annoyance!) and walked over the EPCOT for Evening Extra Magic Hours. We got there DURING Illuminations. Since we saw it earlier, we let everyone watch it while we walked over to Soarin... my family's favorite. We closed the park.

The next day DH and DD15 went to Typhoon Lagoon while DD6 and I hung out at the Boardwalk pool. I let her sleep late and wanted to be there when DH's Anniversary basket came. Let me give you a big recommendation. "Orange Dream" at Libations. So very yummy! I had two then we went for a nap because.... it was our big night out with DD15.

We took DD6 over to Beach Club Resort to Sandcastle kids club so we could have alone time with DD15. When we stayed at AKL, we did the same. Its special time with our oldest. (read on for our big night). Sandcastle Club was GREAT. DD6 had a great time and didn't want to leave when I picked her up. She told me she made 8 friends! I never know what to tip these girls. I gave 20. Anyone think I cheaped out? I'm so bad at that stuff.

BIG NIGHT WITH DD15. We headed over to Downtown Disney. The bus seemed to take forever. Just as we boarded the bus, the sky opened up. LOTS of rain. We were supposed to be there at 5:30 for LA NOUBA and we had to swim over quickly. Besides being SOAKED the show was great. DD15 and I have seen two other shows and this one is surely the best. I loved the music. Bought a CD and the programme after.

When it was over, we took our still-damp selves out to DD. DD15 and I went into the magic shop. I treated her to magic cards. DH went to Sosa's and had a few cigars made for him. He even smoked one there while we were wrapping up the magic shop and finding a ladies room. There was a line. We were laughing about there's always a line to the ladies room when my phone rang. It was work calling.... 2 hours later, we headed to dinner. We were STARVING and had lots of CS left on the DDP. We hit Wolfgang Puck Express. I recommend the BBQ Chicken on a fajita. It was delish. Then we spend a whole lot of money at the World of Disney.

More to come... Anniversary Day/Night and probably another rant that includes tears of joy.

faline
07-08-2008, 06:20 PM
Some special time with your older daughter is certainly a terrific treat and something I'm sure she will remember for many, many years!

Lizzie
07-08-2008, 07:18 PM
Sounds like a fun night.

dolphinmickey9170
07-08-2008, 07:35 PM
What a great day! Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
07-09-2008, 08:05 AM
Fun day, and it sounds like both of your girls enjoyed their evening activities. Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

yjgirl715
07-09-2008, 09:07 AM
That was such a great some special time with your oldest child and still something fun for the youngest so she doesn't feel like she missed anything. A great report! Thank you.

RocknBev
07-09-2008, 11:01 AM
Great idea to have a special night with your girls. Thanks for the trip report!
We also understand about the World of Disney lightening the wallet!

pdrlkr
07-14-2008, 09:05 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

tinkerbell04
07-15-2008, 08:50 AM
Sounds like a great experience at LaNouba! Thanks for sharing.

wdwgrl377
07-15-2008, 04:19 PM
Another great day!! thanks for sharing with us :mickey:

#1disneyfan
07-15-2008, 11:02 PM
What a great day! Sounds like you had lots of fun, even your DD who made lots of friends at her "club".

Thanks for sharing.

Bethanymouse
07-15-2008, 11:39 PM
I am really enjoying following along with your trip! I am so glad that you enjoyed LaNouba. It is such a great show, a gem in disney that is often overlooked. Thanks so much for sharing with us!