PDA

View Full Version : Driving Directions

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-08-2008, 05:08 PM
:) According to Mapquest, you can get to DW without getting on I4....our last trip was in 2005 and we had to take I4....according to these directions there is another road (429?)...does anyone know about this?

cajunmickey
07-08-2008, 05:48 PM
There is the other highway, but being a creature of habit I go the way I have always known which is I 4.

jdcastle
07-08-2008, 06:50 PM
On my last trip, I was told by a friend I bumped into at MK to "take this new way out, it is sooo much better." It was 429, and after driving I-4 to WDW, then coming home on 429, I have most definitely seen I-4 and the City of Orlando for the last time. I would highly recommend taking 429, but the last time I looked at driving directions on the web, few, if any, sites recognized that 429 existed. Apparently it was a brand new, 4-lane, median divided road with nothing but open land on either side, making it absent from most maps. I would still take it again, even if I had to guess where to exit.

Edit: 429 will have 2 toll boths to donate to, but it is still worth it.

TinkiTime1989
07-08-2008, 07:20 PM
Not sure about 429, but we usually get on the FL Turnpike and then take 27 to 192. There's only one toll to pay and I believe it's only 50 cents. 27 has a few stoplights but it really saves us a lot of time not having to mess with I-4 and crazy Orlando traffic.

DestinationWDW
07-08-2008, 07:22 PM
We just returned from WDW and we used 429 for the first time, I just purchased a Garmin for my wife and it directed us this way. We stayed at POR and we got off at the second exit so we weren't on it very long. In fact from 429 it was only like 20 to 30 minutes to the resort. It was really nice not having to drive on I4. I did notice not far from the 429 on ramp a sign say to WDW take exit ### 429 for sea world and universal take I4. I think I remember someone saying that Disney build the road and then sold it back to Florida. It also cut of 30 - 45 minutes than taking I4

Piglet822
07-08-2008, 08:05 PM
It was nice when noone knew about 429 :secret: but with all the growth going on it's becoming pretty well known. It still beats I-4 :thumbsup: And it goes all the way out to I-4 now but way west of the City of Orlando.
It's real easy going this way, Turnpike South to 429 South. Take exit 8 and bear left for Walt Disney World. Follow this roadway until you can't go any further (Watch your speed on this road!!!!!!!!! It goes from 45 to 35 and the local sheriff loves to run radar).
If you're staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge or any of the All Star Resorts you'll go right. Make a left for all other resorts and be sure to watch the signage. If you tell me which resort I can give you directions.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-13-2008, 03:46 PM
:thumbsup: Thanks for all the help

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-13-2008, 03:48 PM
It was nice when noone knew about 429 :secret: but with all the growth going on it's becoming pretty well known. It still beats I-4 :thumbsup: And it goes all the way out to I-4 now but way west of the City of Orlando.
It's real easy going this way, Turnpike South to 429 South. Take exit 8 and bear left for Walt Disney World. Follow this roadway until you can't go any further (Watch your speed on this road!!!!!!!!! It goes from 45 to 35 and the local sheriff loves to run radar).
If you're staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge or any of the All Star Resorts you'll go right. Make a left for all other resorts and be sure to watch the signage. If you tell me which resort I can give you directions.

:) We are staying at Pop Century.....we still have 5 months, but I'm eaten up with Disneyitis....my mom told me to go ahead and print directions and put them in the glove box, so I guess I'm not the only one

DisneyMcNuts
08-27-2008, 02:25 PM
Thanks for all the help, we are staying at the Polynesian, could you give me directions for this resort.

Amy

mshomeschoolmom
08-27-2008, 02:33 PM
All Star Music here. Would love directions using 429.

Thanks

hubbyofadisneyholic
08-27-2008, 08:53 PM
SWEET!!!
I-4 is such a zoo an alternative will be most welcome when we drive down in October.

snerd475
08-27-2008, 09:10 PM

Will this help me if I'm coming up from South Florida on the Turnpike, exiting Osceola Pkwy, to POR? I've never been to POR and don't remember seeing signs for it off the Pkwy. Is there a better way to get there? TIA

Piglet822
08-27-2008, 10:27 PM
:) We are staying at Pop Century.....we still have 5 months, but I'm eaten up with Disneyitis....my mom told me to go ahead and print directions and put them in the glove box, so I guess I'm not the only one

Will you be using 429? If so you'll take a right on Buena Vista Drive from Western Way (after exiting 429 using exit 8). Go underneath the overpass and make the next right. This will put you on Osceola Parkway. Go the traffic light and turn left (Victory Way - Wide World of Sports will be on your right). The entrance for Pop Century will be the next traffic light, you will make a right into the resort.

Thanks for all the help, we are staying at the Polynesian, could you give me directions for this resort.

429 South, Exit 8, bear left off the exit onto Western Way. Take a left on Buena Vista Drive when you get to the end and stay in your left lane. You'll go the 3rd traffic light and make a left (pretty sure it's the 3rd light). This puts you on World Drive heading towards Epcot and Magic Kingdom. You'll need to go over two lanes almost right away, the right two lanes are exit only lanes going to Epcot. Go through the MK tollbooth and tell the tolltaker you are checking into the Polynesian. They will direct you from there - it's very easy :)

All Star Music here. Would love directions using 429.

Exit 8, follow signs for WDW via Western Way. Make a right on Buena Vista Drive and stay straight until you get to the guard shack for the All Star property. Have your photo ID ready. The Music is the 2nd resort.

Will this help me if I'm coming up from South Florida on the Turnpike, exiting Osceola Pkwy, to POR? I've never been to POR and don't remember seeing signs for it off the Pkwy. Is there a better way to get there? TIA

No, this is only if you're coming south on the Turnpike. If you're coming north on the Turnpike, Osceola Parkway is your best bet.

Polynesian Dweller
08-27-2008, 11:05 PM
429 South, Exit 8, bear left off the exit onto Western Way. Take a left on Buena Vista Drive when you get to the end and stay in your left lane. You'll go the 3rd traffic light and make a left (pretty sure it's the 3rd light). This puts you on World Drive heading towards Epcot and Magic Kingdom. You'll need to go over two lanes almost right away, the right two lanes are exit only lanes going to Epcot. Go through the MK tollbooth and tell the tolltaker you are checking into the Polynesian. They will direct you from there - it's very easy :)

Just to add a little about getting to the Polynesian, when you get to the MK tollbooth make sure you are as far right as you can because the road to the Poly is on the extreme right just, and I mean just, past that booths. So you need to be at the right most booth you can go to in order to be able to get to that road easily.

Then, go down the road (N World Drive) to the first traffic light, Seven Seas Blvd, and turn left. Go past the MK entrance and you will almost immediately see the Poly sign. Take the right lane and the guard will let you in and give you a temporary parking pass. You may be asked for picture ID by the guard.

Have a great trip, I know you will!!