PDA

View Full Version : WWYD? Reschedule?

EmmMOM2
07-08-2008, 12:57 PM
Our flight is getting into Florida at around 7pm...so i know that we wont have our young (4 & 15 months) kids to the hotel till about 9pm or so...maybe later. Their usual bedtime is 8pm.

Well the next moring we have early breakfast ressies for 8am i think... Should i reschedule them to another morning, since they *may* be tired.
What would you do?
They may get sleep on the plane, so it's hard to say what i should do.
Not sure if i'll be able to get early morning ressies this late in the game. We're leaving the end of august.

KAT1811
07-08-2008, 01:17 PM
I'm not sure about your kids but mine do not sleep late just beacuse they got to bed late. They would be up at their usual time and ready to go. I, personally, would plan to make it an early night and get them into bed at a decent time. Maybe head back to the resort for a nap if they need it but I would keep the breakfast. Who sleeps in WDW? LOL!

Seasonscraps
07-08-2008, 01:24 PM
"They'll be too excited to sleep"
(from the commercials :D)

Seriously, though I would keep the same ressies. If they are tired the breakfast day, just plan for a longer nap or earlier evening.

Have fun!

chefmickey3
07-08-2008, 02:51 PM
If your kids are like mine, they will still be up regular time, but they may be wiped out by 2pm. Keep the early ADR and ride some attractions. When they get tired, go back to your resort and take a nap.

Madame Leona
07-08-2008, 03:55 PM
I would try to reschedule. If my kids are up late, they will either sleep in a little or wake up at the usual time but be extremely crabby until they have had a nap. I would keep that first morning light and be prepared for anything.

brownie
07-09-2008, 07:42 AM
I wouldn't make any changes. Your kids may still get up at the same time, and they might sleep from the airport to the hotel anyways. Something else you could do is to start getting them used to a different schedule now, so you're not throwing them off on the trip.

KAT1811
07-09-2008, 08:17 AM
If you are using DME you might want to think about using a car service to the resort. That way you and your family can hop right into your car and head right to the resort. If you land at 7:00pm I would say you could be there, bags in hand, by 8:00pm. Allowing 1/2 hour to get from the plane to your luggage and into the car the ride to WDW is about 1/2 hour.