PDA

View Full Version : Is DME available to/from the Dolpin?

DisneyAggies
07-08-2008, 12:11 PM
Hi! I have a friend that's going to WDW in a few days and staying at the Dolphin. She told me she called and made ressies via DME. :confused: I'm trying to figure out who she called. DME doesn't service the Swan/Dolphin, do they??

crazypoohbear
07-08-2008, 01:20 PM
You are right. they do not participate in the DME. SHe better check on who she called because she might be stranded at the airport :(

DisneyAggies
07-08-2008, 01:25 PM
THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT!! (sorry for yelling)

I talked with her again, and she says she registered via a web site that came with the reservation vouchers and stuff that came in the mail. Any idea what she's talking about?

TammiMcMan
07-08-2008, 02:35 PM
I talked with her again, and she says she registered via a web site that came with the reservation vouchers and stuff that came in the mail. Any idea what she's talking about?If she booked through a travel agency, they may have included some information on Mears or another airport shuttle service. Again, if it was part of an agency package, the shuttle cost may be included. It just sounds like there may be some confusion with her calling it DME though.

DisneyAggies
07-08-2008, 03:00 PM
Thanks, Tammi!
From what I understand, she booked it herself. I'm worried about her calling it DME when it isn't...I don't want her to have to have issues trying to get on a DME bus when she should be at the Mears counter, KWIM?

TammiMcMan
07-08-2008, 03:29 PM
From what I understand, she booked it herself.It's entirely possible that she got vouchers with her package, but had to book the actual reservation herself.

I'm worried about her calling it DME when it isn't...I don't want her to have to have issues trying to get on a DME bus when she should be at the Mears counter, KWIM?You could always ask her to read the website address to you and check it out. That way, you can be sure she's going to the right spot for ground transportation. It can get pretty confusing.

You have me curious though, so if you have a chance, please come back with an update ;).

DizneyRox
07-09-2008, 12:18 AM
I remember seeing Swan/Dolphin signs in the DME area, however it could be that since they are servicing the Boardwalk/Beach Club, etc they maybe throw people with vouchers on those busses, however that doesn't seem too fair if you ask me.

I guess it's 6 of one 1/2 dozen of another in the grand scheme of things...

TammiMcMan
07-09-2008, 01:00 AM
I remember seeing Swan/Dolphin signs in the DME area, however it could be that since they are servicing the Boardwalk/Beach Club, etc they maybe throw people with vouchers on those busses, however that doesn't seem too fair if you ask me.I'm wondering if that would apply only to those guests who book a land/sea cruise. The Swan and Dolphin are part of the resort package, so even though they don't normally fall under DME, I can't see DCL excluding them from the resort transportation part of their package.

CleveRocks
07-09-2008, 12:30 PM
I'm wondering if that would apply only to those guests who book a land/sea cruise. The Swan and Dolphin are part of the resort package, so even though they don't normally fall under DME, I can't see DCL excluding them from the resort transportation part of their package.

Mears is the subcontractor that provides the drivers and buses for both DME and DCL.

If you booked a "regular" vacation and your hotel is Swan or Dolphin, you are not entitled to use DME.

But if you booked a land/sea package and paid for DCL transfers, that DCL transfer from airport to Swolphin (or Swolphin to airport) will very likely be on a DME bus.

So if you are on a DME bus that happens to stop at Swan or Dolphin, know that you are getting your ride for free, and that the cruise passengers getting on/off at Swolphin are paying something like $69 round-trip to be on that bus with you.

Piglet822
07-09-2008, 12:36 PM
As CleveRocks states, if you have purchased the transportation thru DCL for the land/sea portion of your vacation you will most likely be transported to your resort on a DME bus. That is the only exception - regular resort guests to the Swan/Dolphin are not supposed to be transported on these buses. I say supposed to because I have seen it happen but that is the exception rather than the rule.
If you are staying at the Swan/Dolphin and get picked up by a DME bus, most likely that bus is being used to assist the Mears shuttle and you will have to pay or present a voucher for Mears.

TammiMcMan
07-09-2008, 01:15 PM
As CleveRocks states, if you have purchased the transportation thru DCL for the land/sea portion of your vacation you will most likely be transported to your resort on a DME bus. That is the only exception - regular resort guests to the Swan/Dolphin are not supposed to be transported on these buses.That's basically what I thought and threw the cruise option out there in response to the above poster who noticed Swan/Dolphin signs associated with DME at the airport. I figured it was only for land/sea cruise guests.

CleveRocks
07-10-2008, 06:03 PM
And as Piglet mentioned, people can pay Mears for a ride to Swolphin. Under certain circumstances, Mears can decide to assign a paying Mears shuttle customer to a DME bus, and as a result the bus will stop at Swolphin.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-10-2008, 10:11 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they don't add the Swan & Dolphin to DME pretty soon. After all they added them to their website for room reservations. And I had read that someone had also been offered a free upgrade to the Swan or Dolphin when they had booked a Disney hotel room.

Piglet822
07-11-2008, 05:56 AM
And as Piglet mentioned, people can pay Mears for a ride to Swolphin. Under certain circumstances, Mears can decide to assign a paying Mears shuttle customer to a DME bus, and as a result the bus will stop at Swolphin.

Very unlikely. If you pay for Mears you will be placed on a Mears van, unless the DME bus has been pulled from regular DME service for shuttle assist.