PDA

View Full Version : Walking into your resort!

disneycutie165
07-08-2008, 09:36 AM
When we get off that Disney bus I am so happy!!!
We walk into the Wilderness Lodge, my mom checks in, I sit in the rocking chairs in front of the huge TV, then we go straight to the gift shop! Every single time! I get chills just thinking about it! I am listening to Disney World music right now, and I have an extreme urge to go to Disney!
5 weeks, 6 days, 1 hour, and 33 minutes!

'98-Wilderness Lodge
'99- Wilderness lodge
'03- Wilderness Lodge
'05- Wilderness Lodge
August '08- Wilderness lodge!!!

"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you."

SBETigg
07-08-2008, 09:56 AM
But you're going soon! I won't be headed back for a while. I agree, there's nothing like that feeling of finally getting there and knowing all the fun you have ahead of you. I love checking in. Walking up those red pavers, past the old-fashioned car, carriage, and greeters at the GF gets me every time, and then that first glimpse of the lobby... sigh.

Marker
07-08-2008, 10:06 AM
I wish I could just go sit and soak up the atmosphere while someone else checked in and handled all the paying.

But still, I know what you mean. Even though I'm in line checking in, I'm still feeling that transformation from outside "real world" to that Disney Magical feeling.

67 days and counting (and I still don't have plan tickets)

Septbride2002
07-08-2008, 10:22 AM
I love walking into the Boardwalk - there is something so soothing about the decor, the music, and the lighting. Normally I check us in - am told "Welcome Home!" and then if the room is ready we head straight to the room, if it's not ready we usually head straight down to the Boardwalk and to the bakery for some lunch.

~Amanda

brownie
07-08-2008, 10:27 AM
Yes, it's a great feeling, full of expectation and excitement. Sort of the opposite of the feeling of walking out of the resort to head home...

offero
07-08-2008, 10:30 AM
I can completely agree! I am a grown man and I become a little kid when I enter into the hotels in WDW.

Diznee4Me
07-08-2008, 11:36 AM
When we come in the front door of the Coronado the DW and DD make a left at the fountain and head for Panchito's while I make a right and start the checking in process. Somebody's got to do it, but I soak in the vaulted ceiling and the southwestern music as I stand in line waiting for my turn to check in and thinking about the fun to soon come!

yjgirl715
07-08-2008, 11:50 AM
I love to check us in. I am too excited to even sit down so I might as well. Plus I am the planner of the group. The next time we go we will be a grand gathering which will be even more paperwork involved- but who cares i'll be in Dinsey!!!!

amd780
07-08-2008, 01:55 PM
Walking into the resort for the first time makes it concrete that I'm no longer in the "real world." Nothing beats the excitement of knowing that I'm really in WDW but that my whole trip is still ahead of me! :cloud9:

BMan62
07-08-2008, 02:31 PM
Sorry, I don't even get that far!! As we are approaching the resort and I first see the sign...the first thing that comes to mind is that synth-pop song from the 80' 'Pop Music' I change the words in my head to 'Pop Century'

Sick, aren't I????

RocknBev
07-08-2008, 02:43 PM
I agree....even though I hated staying at POP...I loved walking into the lobby of the resort because I WAS at WDW!!!!!:mickey:

Now disneycutie....my DH would think you were the luckiest gal alive right now....living in Williamsburg and counting down a trip a to WDW (Williamsburg is his FAVORITE place in the world even in front of WDW if you can believe that). That is truly his dream but with the first granddaughter due in 3 weeks, I don't expect to moving hundreds of miles away any time soon:cloud9:.

Marker
07-08-2008, 02:52 PM
I agree....even though I hated staying at POP...

I've stayed at All-Star Movies, All-Star Sports, All-Star Music, Pop Century, Caribbean Beach Resort, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside, and if I can count it Dixie Landings, and have NEVER hated staying at any of them. I'm always happy to be there.

And as someone else said, I too start getting that feeling as soon as we drive under the Walt Disney World archway. There is a definite "comfort" feeling at that moment.

And then walking through the front doors into the lobby, regardless of which resort it is, just tops it off.

Giselle
07-08-2008, 03:13 PM
The best thing about walking into the hotel is the Disney atmosphere. No matter where you stay, you can feel it. I can't wait to see how PORFQ is going to feel. We've never stayed there before.

elmjimmlm
07-08-2008, 04:18 PM
I love the feeling of parking and going into the lobby at POR and checking in...I also love every time we come back on the bus...Its that feeling of I am home...:mickey:

Mickeydream
07-08-2008, 04:34 PM
I fell in love when I walked into CBR. It was like really being in the Caribbean. I have to agree that going under the sign for WDW is the start of that "tingly feeling" though.

I love the grounds of the CBR and I thought seriously that every night of our last trip that I would take a stroll around the lake. That is way too funny....I was so exhausted when we returned at 12-1 am that all I could do was crawl in bed and that was even on days we took a mid-day break! :mickey:

Young@Heart
07-09-2008, 12:23 AM
I love parking in front of the resort and walking in as a group. The kids all get so excited, you can just see it all over their faces! :cloud9: Checking in is so much fun! Even the kids enjoy being in the lobby and checking out everything. I was going to send them around the resort w/ DH this time, so I could scoot into the gift shop right after and pick up some items for their welcome baskets, but I don't want them to miss out on the experience of checking in. :mickey:

moe513
07-09-2008, 09:09 AM
Im always too flustered at check in to enjoy it. I never get the room request and then worry about the room assignment.

Mousemates
07-09-2008, 10:57 AM
Im always too flustered at check in to enjoy it. I never get the room request and then worry about the room assignment.

Sadly after our last trip I think I am now in your group...had check in difficulties "to the max" at the All-Star Movies...and minor difficulties at the CBR...so on our next trip it might take the moment after check-in to let my guard down and relax.

But to me the very best check-in feelings have come at the AKL and Wl....the lobbies of those places just completely drain away the worries of life outside of Disney. I love to sit in the lobbies and look out the big windows, or by the fireplaces on cool (by Fla standards) winter nights.

Dakota Rose
07-09-2008, 11:13 AM
My last 3 visits I've stayed at POR. There's nothing quite like walking up and being greeted by the "bellboys" then walking into that southern-inspired lobby. After checking in, I love being whisked to our room via golf cart though this didn't happen on our last visit. We had DS (then 18mos) with us, and we walked to our room. But that trip was especially magical because I was sharing MY special place with DH and DS for the first time. DS giggled uncontrollably the whole time and when we got to our room, he ran as fast as he could from the sinks to the door, giggling and laughing. It was like he knew he was at the happiest place on earth.

Minnie Imagineer
07-09-2008, 11:20 AM
The last time we went to Poly, I had the best experience walking into the lobby! We just came from the airport and it took us such a long time because they lost my mom's and my best friend's mom's luggage. Once they told us they would find it and bring it the next morning, we just wanted to go to Poly and get off to the parks.
When we got in the Poly lobby, my mom and my friend's mom went to check us in and my friend and I were walking through the lobby, checking out the waterfalls (my friend never had been to the Poly so it was nice seeing her reaction!). But then, this little old Polynesian women in a full polynesian outfit (she worked there..) came up to us with a basket full of warm cookies for us to take! It was one of the magical moments!!

KH
07-09-2008, 07:20 PM
My favorite has always been walking into the Wilderness Lodge, seeing the beautiful lobby, and having a CM say, "Welcome home." After staying at the BC the last time we were there, I have an additional favorite- getting a salute and a handshake from Art. I hope he'll be there when we go in January (staying at both the WL and BC).

kane77
07-10-2008, 09:49 AM
I love Wilderness Lodge, my wife loved be greeted at the main gate with "Welcome home princess". The majesty of Wilderness Lodge atrium is second to none in my opinion.

Andrew

kane77
07-10-2008, 09:49 AM
I love Wilderness Lodge, my wife loved being greeted at the main gate with "Welcome home princess". The majesty of Wilderness Lodge atrium is second to none in my opinion.

Andrew