View Full Version : Mel's Trip Report #2

JMTStone
07-07-2008, 08:05 PM
Cast:

DH 48
Me 38
Princess #1 15
Princess #2 6

Our next ADR was Tusker House Brunch at 10:30. I was a bit dissapointed in this one. LOVED the Jambo juice and the ham was great. And who can resist Mickey Waffles!?!? The Character CM came over at one point to ask who we saw. When we told her we hadn't seen Mickey or Donald yet, she acted like we she didn't believe us. My DD15 said, "yes, I'm sure I'd remember seeing Mickey" sweet as can be. I was very proud of her Disney attitude and relaxed instead of getting defensive. The dancing song was cool and DD6 liked the noisemaker. When Mickey finally arrived, he did a fly-by. Not posing for pictures. I convinced DD15 he probably thought she was an adult and that's why he just pat her on the shoulder while passing.

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique: To my TOTAL surprise, DD6 decided that it was "not embarrassing" to show that belly button. She chose the Jasmine Costume. Our Fairy Godmother in training was great. She got "the works" and was absolutely beautiful. The problem was, our ADR for CRT was 45 minutes after. DVC made both ADRs at the same time and didn't think it would be an issue but, we were kinda rushed. Silly me forgot to tip our Godmother in the panic of missing the ADR and we had to come back after lunch. My daughter had a wonderful time. She hardly said a word (not like her at all) and smiled shyly the whole time! I have pictures, if you want you can PM me to see the transformation. I used my Disney Visa Rewards card and skipped the photos. Besides being pressed for time, DD6 is missing her front teeth and as a consequence, has a hard time smiling for pictures. I tell her its fine but you know girls....

CRT: Both girls decided to get feisty upstairs bickering and such and I had to remind them that this is a treat.. not every little girl gets to eat at Cinderella's Castle. Once the Princesses started showing up, everything was better. The wands are new since November. Our Nov. wand lost its "Cinderella's Royal Table" lettering and I'm happy to report the new wands are better. During the Wishing Star ceremony, our food came. This annoyed my hubby a bit since he was taping DD6 closing her eyes to wish and the server was asking him who had the beef... I'm not crazy about the food but its Cinderella's Castle with Princesses.. I'd eat dirt to see those girls faces light up when a Princess appears behind them (yes, DD15 still lights up)

More ADRs to come. I'm also saving up my Magical Moments so I can cry like an idiot once and for all at the end... then start planning the next trip.

tinkerbell04
07-07-2008, 09:25 PM
What great memories! It sounds like it was really a great trip. Thanks for sharing, can't wait for the next installment.

ChipnDaleGal
07-08-2008, 07:48 AM
Sounds like a really good day for both of your princesses. Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

faline
07-08-2008, 09:44 AM
Some very nice moments for your daughters and wonderful memories for your family!

Lizzie
07-08-2008, 11:38 AM
Thanks for another great report.

dolphinmickey9170
07-08-2008, 06:30 PM
What a fabulous day!! Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

conorsmom2000
07-10-2008, 08:27 PM
Sounds like some very special family moments!! (and my son was missing both his front top teeth and bottom teeth for a while - so, trust me, it's not just girls who feel awkward smiling then!! :D )

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-11-2008, 01:38 PM
:confused: I've heard a lot of people not happy with the food at CRT now, but when we went in 2005 it was wonderful....you are right though, can't beat the "princess experience"

pdrlkr
07-14-2008, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

wdwgrl377
07-15-2008, 04:17 PM
What a great day! Thanks for sharing :mickey:

#1disneyfan
07-15-2008, 10:59 PM
What fun! I am so glad that your 15yr old still enjoys all the fun stuff at Disney. It is good to see that she is still a kid. They grow up so fast as it is!

Can't wait to read the next report.

Bethanymouse
07-15-2008, 11:34 PM
What a magical day! I am so glad that you had such a great time at the BBB! Thanks so much for sharing your day with us!

Sunshine1010
07-17-2008, 06:54 PM
Do you have any videos we can see?