PDA

View Full Version : Any other suggestions?

disneycutie165
07-07-2008, 08:03 PM
When we go to Disney we play it safe. We go to the same resturants. We usually go to Tony's, Chef Mickey's, Whispering Canyon, Donald's Breakfastosaurus, Wolfgang Puck Cafe, and 1900 Park Fare. Any other places you think we could try? We are trying Garden Grill and Planet Hollywood this time.

- disneycutie165:thanks:

goofiecrazy
07-07-2008, 09:34 PM
We always do Sci-Fi every trip and the ESPN club on the boardwalk.

wdw_bound
07-07-2008, 09:42 PM
I'd really recommend Crystal Palace - we've had dinner and breakfast, and both have been excellent.:mickey:

Mfarquar
07-07-2008, 09:58 PM
I definitely recommend the Kona Cafe at the Polynesian - it has been consistently good, and they have great desserts.

Le Cellier is also great.

Sci-Fi has some of the best theming in Disney (the food's just ok, but its worth the trip!)

As for character breakfasts, if you're looking to change it up - the Crystal Palace does a yummy buffet with the Winnie the Pooh characters - and gives you the benefit of being in MK before the park opens if you dine early enough :)

ftwildernesskid
07-07-2008, 10:13 PM
Ohana's is my absolute favorite with Boma a close second. I'd try one or both on your next trip. Enjoy!

WorldTraveler
07-08-2008, 10:13 AM
You may want to try the Liberty Tree Tavern or the Plaza Restaurant in the Magic Kingdom.
Most likly you will love the Garden Grill.
Raglan Road is very good DownTown.
Ohana, Boma, are must do at some point just as yuou have found Whispering Canyon Cafe to be.
Kona Cafe is great. If you have not been there for breakfast yet you will wonder why not after trying it. Tonga toast anyone?

Donald Duck 001
07-08-2008, 12:59 PM
A Disney Trip is not complete for us without doing Hoop-Dee-Doo, Artist Point, and Fulton's Crab House. These places can be a bit pricey but have awsome food.

Since you like the Whispering Canyon you might want to check out the Hoop-Dee-Doo. Great ribs, chicken, and corn bread, plus strawberry shortcake for dessert. And best you get a dinner show too.

You might want to check out the Liberty Tavern Tree for lunch which is really good. Make sure you save room for dessert.:thumbsup:

Biergerten for some good German food is always a hit as well.:mickey:

Enjoy your trip and the food.:joy:

Taja
07-08-2008, 02:40 PM
We've had good experiences with dinner at Crystal Palace.

Also safe, but nice if you would like a quieter venue, is the Turf Bar & Grill at SSR. Limited menu, but excellent food & service.
:thumbsup:

dolphinmickey9170
07-08-2008, 02:58 PM
LeCellier is a must do every trip for my family. We also love O'Hana, Kona and Rose and Crown!!:mickey:

Tygger7
07-08-2008, 03:09 PM
We have always done Whispering Canyon, but were disappointed on our last trip (May 2008). Maybe it's because we had such a terrible time getting seated, but it just didn't seem to have the same "feel". We tried some new places and now have new favorites, such as Rose & Crown, Hoop Dee Doo, Crystal Palace, Teppan Edo, and Beaches & Cream. :mickey:

BTW, I know the Donald Breakfastosaurus has changed now that it's in Tusker House, and that Liberty Tree Tavern Character Meal is going away in October. Also, Planet Hollywood can be spotty...personally, we've never had a good meal there, but I know some people really like it. If you're looking for something at DTD, definitely try Raglan Road.

elmjimmlm
07-08-2008, 04:23 PM
We like to try new places each time we go...Some are better than others and trying them is the only way to find out...Because of recomendations on here, we are trying Kona and Le Cellier for the 1st time...
I will agree on Sci Fi...It is a great place to go to...

SBETigg
07-08-2008, 05:19 PM
I think it's time you branch out a bit. Some of my favorites:

California Grill (you will love the view up there!)
Narcoossee's
'Ohana
Grand Floridian Cafe (or try the afternoon tea- what a treat!)
San Angel Inn (for lunch)
Marrakesh (with fun entertainment- belly dancing).
Boma
Raglan Road
Sci Fi is fun (but try lunch)

lockedoutlogic
07-08-2008, 08:38 PM
it's actually easier to tell you where not to go:

cinderella's, crystal palace, akershus, nine dragons (the biggest waste of time at WDW), hollywood and vine, planet hollywood......

that's about it....anywhere else the odds are you will have a great meal....

some of the more hidden gems in my book:

chefs de france, jiko, kona, artist's point, boatwrights, olivia's, portabello, beaches and cream, coral reef, and citricos.....

IloveDisney71
07-08-2008, 08:54 PM
...Le Cellier is also great.

As for character breakfasts, if you're looking to change it up - the Crystal Palace does a yummy buffet with the Winnie the Pooh characters - and gives you the benefit of being in MK before the park opens if you dine early enough :)
My family loves LeCellier and we really enjoy the yummy breakfast at the CP. We get early reservations at the CP so we get an opportunity to see the MK with very few other people in the park.

Young@Heart
07-09-2008, 12:45 AM
Cape May has a great breakfast buffet! I can't imagine a trip to WDW w/out eating there. :mickey:

bkfree
07-09-2008, 12:50 AM
We also love CP and is a must every trip, as is Chef Mickey's and 1900 Park Fare.

We try to go to a few old favorites and then more new ones each trip.

We love La Cellier and Marrakesh ,Spoodles and Sci Fi but are skipping these in Dec in order to branch out for the first time to Kona, Boma, La Chefs de France ,Tutto Italia and 50's Prime Time for some new experiences.

Aggie97
07-09-2008, 11:48 AM
I'd definitely try 'Ohana, Kona Cafe, Boma, Narcoossee's, Jiko. :mickey:

Texas Tinkerbell Too
07-09-2008, 01:19 PM
Here's another vote for giving Ohana a try! This was a new ADR for us last Sept and a "must do" this Sept trip.

We also love LTT and CP for both the food and character interaction.