PDA

View Full Version : Photos of a Woods View Room at Wilderness Lodge?

Boost
07-07-2008, 07:42 PM
Does anyone know where I can find an example of a woods view room online for WL?

ibrowse17
07-07-2008, 11:32 PM
Try this http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/Resorts/dlx/WLodge/WL.htm

TammiMcMan
07-08-2008, 12:05 AM
Are you looking for a picture of the view, or the interior of a standard room?

Not sure which, but you can also look here at info central, http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/wildernesslodge/default.asp .

Boost
07-09-2008, 06:34 PM
I am trying to get an idea of the view...thank you!!!

diz_girl
07-10-2008, 01:59 PM
I have no photo, but just visualize yourself on a balcony, leaning on the railing and looking at a row of trees. That's pretty much a woods view room at WL.

Goes4FastPass
07-10-2008, 03:16 PM
No photo, especially one trying to make a good impression will show you a true view from a woods view room.

Really.

We had a woods view room where if you looked out across the service area sure enough, there were the pine trees. But if you looked down there were dumpsters...and if you left your balcony door cracked because the outside temp was perfect just like we did you'll know exactly what time each early morning the dumpters are serviced. Nothing like the sounds of birds and vehicle backup alarms. At 5:30am.

A picture can say a thousand words - or leave out 900.

KylesMom
07-10-2008, 03:22 PM
We had a woods view room where if you looked out across the service area sure enough, there were the pine trees. But if you looked down there were dumpsters...and if you left your balcony door cracked because the outside temp was perfect just like we did you'll know exactly what time each early morning the dumpters are serviced. Nothing like the sounds of birds and vehicle backup alarms. At 5:30am.
Hmmmm - I thought this particular view was considered a Standard view - we had it our first stay at WL . . . anyone have anything to compare it to? The great thing about our room (that overlooked the service area) is that we could watch Wishes from our bed each evening!

TheRustyScupper
07-10-2008, 05:28 PM
Hmmmm - I thought this particular view was considered a Standard view - we had it our first stay at WL . . . anyone have anything to compare it to?

1) OK, here's the story.
2) Most of the Woods rooms were originally Standard.
3) Then, to make money, more than 60% of the Standards were renamed Woods.
4) Now, Standard overlooks the service area.
5) Those other rooms are Woods.

NOTE: This is why there were so many upgrades for a while at WL. Until the ressies matched the rooms, people had to have rooms. Of course, they got the same room they reserved, but thought it was better because it was now called Woods. We chuckled a lot when people would scream with joy because they thought it was an upgrade.

snerd475
07-10-2008, 05:30 PM
Does anyone know where I can find an example of a woods view room online for WL?

Check your PMs. I sent you instructions to see my pics. :mickey:

Goes4FastPass
07-10-2008, 05:41 PM
1) Disney has a way
2) Of renaming things so
3) Less seems like more then
4) Rusty makes a numbered reply
5) Even though
6) The message is not a sequence
7) Or a list
8) I guess numbered replies
9) Sound more authoritative

NOTE: WDW makes far too big a deal about 'views' in general. I'm glad guests give CMs something to chuckle about.