PDA

View Full Version : Air mattress recommendations for hotel?

LiloLovesTheKing26
07-07-2008, 04:32 PM
Any recommendations for a good decent priced air mattress that will hold well for a 5'10 220lb Man ?? We want to take one with us this year!!

faline
07-07-2008, 04:39 PM
Are you staying on Disney property? Wouldn't you then have enough beds in your room for the folks who are sharing the room with you?

LiloLovesTheKing26
07-07-2008, 04:44 PM
Yes staying at POFQ

It's a weird situation. Where 2 people don't feel comfortable sharing a bed.

jonahbear2006
07-07-2008, 04:53 PM
He is the same size as my husband and we bought a mattress at Target, not sure if you have one accessible to you but if you do.....This was the Target brand, Greatland Double High Air Bed for $39.99. It was a queen size and colored pink, it is very tall, unlike a regular air mattress. This mattress was very very comfortable for my husband and I. We have also never had it deflate on us in the middle of the night, like some other mattresses have done to us, in the past. And since it is double high, you can inflate it tight or soft, for personal comfort.

crazypoohbear
07-07-2008, 05:03 PM
we have used greatland (target) and aerobed?
If you are bringing it to disney I would recommend getting the twin size it fits better in the room. I place them at the foot of the bed and they fit between the bed and the dresser.

mousehouseguy
07-11-2008, 11:43 AM
I would actually then reccommend a vacation home. That way you can use the twin beds and sleep next to each other! :thumbsup:

TammiMcMan
07-11-2008, 08:57 PM
This was the Target brand, Greatland Double High Air Bed for $39.99. It was a queen size and colored pink, it is very tall, unlike a regular air mattress.I have the queen double high as well and it's great. I love not being right on the floor. I'm trying to find it in a twin size now for a vacation that we have planned at the end of the month.

Taja
07-11-2008, 09:05 PM
AeroBed--twin size.

It definitely would fit in the room better--particularly if anyone needs to use the facilities during the night! :)

JoDisney
07-12-2008, 09:56 AM
Believe or not, Walmart has their brand in the linen dept. It is one of those raised beds. Don't get the one with batteries. It is the one you plug in and inflate with the push of a button. I came across it in Clearwater, FL Walmart when we visited grandma. My younger son did not want to sleep in the same room as my husband's snooring mom. I had to rush out to Walmart. I found this raise bed for him. What a lifesaver. I told my friend about it, as she was looking for one and she found it at Walmart, too. I would stick with the twin size for a Disney room. Do not go to sporting goods. It is in the linen dept. Hope this helps.

wendy*darling
07-12-2008, 06:49 PM
We have a couple of Target Eddie Bauer brand, self inflating (battery) mattresses.
They are terrific. :thumbsup:
We have the twin size. They pack easily into our luggage- with our clothes (no need for a separate suitcase). The batteries last all week, easily.
I have used them at Fort Wilderness. Boy Scout tent camping in the group site (read: no electricity ;)), as well as in the resort and villa rooms.
My teenage boys have not wanted to share a bed for years now. Now we always get a 2 bedroom DVC Villa, but until then, we used an air mattress for quite some time.

mom2morgan
07-13-2008, 12:46 AM
Yes staying at POFQ

It's a weird situation. Where 2 people don't feel comfortable sharing a bed.

I understand! Our family of 5 stayed at POR 2 years ago. The front desk was trying to convince us that we could stay in one room in Alligator Bayou with a trundle bed. They couldn't get their heads around our problem - they were counting 5 beds, 5 people- and the littlest one would fit on the trundle. So here was our problem - our family is hubby, me, 9 year old daughter, 14 year old daughter, 16 year old foster son. SO...little one on the trundel, hubby and me in one bed...do you see where this is going? NOT going to happen, LOL