PDA

View Full Version : 2009 DDP - Any Rumors?

Marker
07-07-2008, 01:01 PM
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about the 2009 DDP and if there might be any changes.

lockedoutlogic
07-07-2008, 01:58 PM
if you had asked a year ago...i would've said the price was going to increase by 10-20%.....

but with a downturn in travel almost inevitable going into next year......who knows?

krose78
07-07-2008, 02:22 PM
I saw a rumor of a DDP lite that would have only 2 counter services per day.

lockedoutlogic
07-07-2008, 02:27 PM

interesting rumor....as that would effectively eliminate the dining plan......

it was first done because the customer made out.....this year it's done mostly for customer ease....

if they were to make that rumored change.....it would be simply for disney to count bucks in advance.....

the public are typically lemmings in WDW......but they do not bite on dining plans that well.....they've had variations before that went away because they couldn't sell them....

jonahbear2006
07-07-2008, 02:41 PM
i like the plan the way it is now, however, I wasnt around to try it with the appetizer and the grat. included. I would like to ultimately try the deluxe plan but I dont think that i could eat like that. I would need a trip to do nothing but eat. I would pay for a plan that offered 2counter services a day and one snack let's say $20 for adults and $6 a day for kids. I think messing with the dining plan too much can be detrimental to the plan, althogether. As we have seen, people get pretty upset when they alter the plan, so making regulars feel insecure about something they trust to be a constant could change the way they purchase vac. packages altogether, in the future.

Dakota Rose
07-07-2008, 03:00 PM
I heard somewhere that the snack was going away. So it would be one CS and one TS per day. I hope not!

Marker
07-07-2008, 03:03 PM
interesting rumor....as that would effectively eliminate the dining plan......

it was first done because the customer made out.....this year it's done mostly for customer ease....

if they were to make that rumored change.....it would be simply for disney to count bucks in advance.....

the public are typically lemmings in WDW......but they do not bite on dining plans that well.....they've had variations before that went away because they couldn't sell them....

Well at least we know the gripes will be the same. Darn that Disney for trying to make profits instead of just giving it away.

Actually, call me a lemming if you want, but if they priced it right, I think a counter server dining plan offering would be worth looking at.

Eeyore's Pal
07-07-2008, 03:08 PM
Actually, call me a lemming if you want, but if they priced it right, I think a counter server dining plan offering would be worth looking at.

So do I, especially if it included the snack.

lockedoutlogic
07-07-2008, 03:35 PM
Well at least we know the gripes will be the same. Darn that Disney for trying to make profits instead of just giving it away.

don't misunderstand me......i would actually like the change to only counter service....

as it would reverse the main downside of the plan in the first place: overcrowding the sitdowns.....

and as you said....it could still be a deal if priced right......but wdw is a cash generating cow for the disney corp.....their goal is to get everyone to pay retail.....not "fair" amounts

actually...i think the elimination of the snack makes sense as a cost cutting move....as they will continue to peddle them from every cart in the parks......but not having people raid the stores at the hotels and get something "just to get it" ....as it seems to be often the case....

jonahbear2006
07-10-2008, 08:12 PM
the counter service idea was somethin DH and I talked about in feb. when we bought the dining plan that cost us $800 for 8 nights for 6 of us. That's a lot for food, not to mention that we spent so much of our trip eating that it is really all I remember about the trip is the dinners. The thing I don't like about disney counter services is they are sooo slow. I can get the family sat down at Chef Mickey's and prob be stuffed before I get my meal at Pecos Bills. But Definitely would buy a counter services plan. My parents as well, they are people who will never buy a plan bc they go out to eat and share a meal bec they are both such small eaters that neither of them could finish a meal. They could prob share 1 dining plan and never eat it all. So you def. have people out there like that. I just wonder how much Disney makes off of the people who dont end up using all of their Ts meals because they didn't know to make reservations or didn't bother. Cause I ran into a few of them in Feb that said they didnt use all theirs for this very reason.

garthbarth1
07-11-2008, 12:06 PM
DH and I would love a counter service plan! We bought the dining plan last year, but not this upoming trip. I dont know what I am eating 6 hours from now, let along 6 months from now. Being tied down to TS reservations made me insane, and we really lost that spontaneus feel to our last trip. Ther was a lot of...we need to see this, ride this, buy this before our lunch/dinner ressie. This is why we are not doing it this year. We have made 1 ressie for Liberty Tree the night of MNSSHP...the rest we will wing it...snacking our way through the park, CS-TS if we can get one. We have not had any TS meals that have WOWED us (we must not be eating at the right places) so we dont feel like we are missing out on the food...more the break from touring the parks. I wake up with different cravings everyday...and a lot of what we had scheduled for the TS that day was not at all what I was in the mood for-but if we didnt use our TS we would lose them...that being said we would love a CS/Snack plan!

lockedoutlogic
07-11-2008, 01:38 PM
I was just talking to someone who just got back from Saratoga....and one of the cashiers at the gift shop "mentioned" that disney "lost" 18 million on snacks last year.....

Now....that number is complete bubkis.....any "loss" is probably not accurate as well...

but what it does tell me is that the feelers have been put out through the management ranks to get the "word out" on the snack going away....

I bet they increase the basic plan a dollar or two and eliminated the snack......

which would mean that unless you have a pricey counter service and a fairly pricey table service charge......they are getting to within a couple of dollars of the menu price for the 2 daily credits.....

i would look for the snack to go away....

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-11-2008, 03:18 PM
:blush: The main reason we do the dining plan is so that we can afford to eat at the table service restaurants....I could live without the snack but any other changes wouldn't work for us.....

chicade88
07-11-2008, 05:12 PM

Oooh I would LOVE that! I hope you're right!

Nurse Kim
07-11-2008, 08:11 PM
We are still struggling with whether or not it would be worth it for us or not. We are a family of 5. I tried putting pen to paper to see if it was the smart choice. Some days it seems it's because there are TS meals we want to do that would help to have the DP but other days it would be cheaper not to have it.