PDA

View Full Version : The Good The bad, and the Magical-:) LAST MAGIC MOMENT

Mackflava99
07-07-2008, 08:59 AM
Ok i know my trip report ended, BUT there is something i need to disclose that means alot-
During our trip 2 weeks ago- one of my daughter's lost her necklace either in the villa pool or on the beach while watching the daily light show on the lake. I filled out the lost and found slip and checked back a few times and basically gave up on finding it.
it wasn't expensive so it wasnt a big loss, but i have twins and they had matching necklaces with their first initial. ....So there was some definitel sentimantal value. Plus there is always this underlying twin rivalry, so one having it and the other not isn't a good thing. Subsequently, on our return, i tried to go find another and found the store didnt have any more...
Thursday we got an envelope from the wilderness lodge. INSIDE WAS HER NECKLACE !!!!!!!!!!!it had a nice note about finding the necklace and it basically made my daughter's weekend!
What a very magical thing to do. I am so impressed that they took the time to send it, pack it very neatly, pay postage etc- plus write a nice note.
It made my weekend too !!!
So i guess when i rate the good, the bad and the magical- this exerpt will only get a magical score-
Magical - After giving up on finding a replacement, the originall necklace suddenly appears in the mail :)

TINKERBELL_82
07-07-2008, 09:29 AM
Good for you and your daughter! Thats awesome- did they say who found it?

Little Round Bale
07-07-2008, 09:31 AM
Good things happen to good people. So happy to heard the necklace was found and return. How cool:thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-07-2008, 10:55 AM
Disney is wonderful that way! We once left behind a stuffed animal, and Disney found it and mailed it home too:thumbsup:

tinkerbell04
07-07-2008, 12:23 PM
That's is great for your daughter! :mickey:

Lizzie
07-07-2008, 12:25 PM
Wow thats some great lost and found.

wdwgrl377
07-07-2008, 03:54 PM
Wow! That's so awesome! I'm so glad to hear she got her necklace back! :mickey:

Mackflava99
07-07-2008, 04:09 PM
Thanks- no they didnt say who found it, but there was a name of the L&F coordinator, my daughter is going to draw her a picture and send her a note.

Also, They also didnt say where it was ( pool or beach) bt either way, its very cool to get it back.

ChipnDaleGal
07-07-2008, 04:43 PM
That was certainly the perfect ending for your wonderful trip! I love hearing about examples of Disney Magic at its finest. Thank you so much for sharing that with us. :mickey:

faline
07-07-2008, 05:08 PM
Looks like some Disney magic followed you home! :mickey:

JMTStone
07-07-2008, 08:10 PM
I'm with Faline... you got some pixie dust following you around!

RocknBev
07-08-2008, 03:10 PM
That is VERY cool indeed. Glad your trip report had an extra magical ending!

dolphinmickey9170
07-08-2008, 03:46 PM
How very magical!! :mickey:

chelly4568
07-08-2008, 04:13 PM
Thats great news i'm really happy for you guys!!

shan-ash
07-08-2008, 05:22 PM
Great news!!! I'm glad to hear another positive from Disney:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
07-10-2008, 12:11 PM
Oh boy! That IS wonderful!! Gives you that warm and fuzzy feeling inside, doesn't it??
Once my DS left behind his goofy gummy worms that come in the chinese take out box. He lives for that candy. I contacted the Poly who said they were probably tossed. Ok, no big deal. A few days later, a package arrived with new goofy gummy worms, leis, and an autographed pic of Lilo and Stitch saying they found the candy he left behind. Awesome.

#1disneyfan
07-12-2008, 12:04 AM
That is really great considering someone could have just tossed it away. Someone was really in true Disney CM mode that day!

We lost my DH prescription glasses in the wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon (yes I know, what were we thinking wearing glasses in the pool) and we filled out a lost and found slip too. We also searched the huge basket of all the lost glasses both prescription and not, and we never recovered them. Just made for an expensive vacation, even more expensive.

I am really glad that you were able to get her necklace back. I guess the glasses were never recovered, or smashed to unrecognition!

pdrlkr
07-14-2008, 09:15 PM
:congrats:

princessgirls
07-15-2008, 09:08 PM
That's awesome!

Thanks for sharing.

Julie:mickey:

Mackflava99
07-28-2008, 10:54 AM
i finally remembered to send the thank you to the CM who sent it to us-
My daughter drew a great picture of the WL with a big THANK YOU and also wrote a note-