PDA

View Full Version : Showers at the POP for children's bath time

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
07-06-2008, 09:31 PM
Sorry about the long title..

We stayed at the POP last year... but I just don't remember..

Do the bath/showers at the POP have the longhose and shower head? The type that make it easier to wash your children's hair and rinse it out? Or are they the type that are just a shower head?

If so... how did you manage washing your children's hair and rinsing out the soap.

Silly question... I know.

Seasonscraps
07-06-2008, 09:34 PM
The mods & deluxes have regular shower heads so I imagine the same goes for Pop.

I don't have kids but when I was little my mother used the tub faucet to rinse out our hair until we were old enough to get the head tilting thing straight.

buzznwoodysmom
07-06-2008, 10:04 PM
I've always just had my children lay back and tilt their head back to rinse their hair out, ever since they were babies. However, you could always use the faucet or bring a large cup from home to pour over their head to rinse. Good luck.

sisterdisco
07-06-2008, 10:09 PM
A suggestion...
Day 1, buy a popcorn in a souvenir bucket.
Use the souvenir bucket to rinse their hair in the tub!

5fromabove
07-06-2008, 11:26 PM
If so... how did you manage washing your children's hair and rinsing out the soap.

Hmm...not sure what the set up is. Our kids have always taken showers...since they were babies and I held them in there with me. Makes it easy to wash out their hair that way. I think they've had a handful of actual "baths" in their lives. Deprived, I know ;) They do shower daily though :)

kakn7294
07-07-2008, 04:02 AM
My kids both shower but when they were really little and took baths, we rinsed their hair by having them lean back and using one of the plastic cups that they provide with the ice bucket to rinse with water from the spigot. The shower heads are fixed and do not have a hose attachment.

forbella
07-07-2008, 11:43 AM
It's funny the things we do for our kids...and the discussions parents will have. We had been doing the bring a small cute, dollar store pal from home and that's been kinda fun. This year we're practicing "big girl" showers :blush:

Taja
07-07-2008, 04:21 PM
Regular shower heads at Pop Century. Not sure if a handicapped room (shower only) has the hand-held showers or not--haven't stayed in those rooms.

My mother used a large tumbler (glass) to rinse my hair and had me hold my head back. Didn't love it, but it worked!

Imagineer1981
07-07-2008, 04:56 PM
fixed shower heads

jennsky
07-07-2008, 06:30 PM
I was just there in May with my toddler. I just used a big plastic cup to rinse out her hair. Didn't seem to be a problem not having the hose sprayer.... Just bring your own bubble bath or you can use some shampoo in the water for the same effect I guess!

mrbghd
07-07-2008, 06:41 PM
My wife and I had a King bed room last year at POP with the roll in shower and they had the flexible shower heads on the long hoses. Just so you know.

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
07-07-2008, 08:13 PM
Thank you everyone! There will be screaming, but I think the tip back the head and use a pail thing is the way to go. Sorry to any POP room neighbors... by kids have got LUNGS! and neither like baths!

Thanks for all the responses!

bkfree
07-07-2008, 10:11 PM
When my son was younger and had some sensory issues and would freak at taking a bath or shower anywhere away from home, my husband used to take a hand held shower nozzle and his pliers on vacation and change out the shower head while we were there so we could do a speed bath on him.........

But now the best solutions seems to be that my son gets in the shower with Dad and my daughter gets in the shower with me.

We have also done the big plastic cup rinse method also.

Young@Heart
07-09-2008, 12:36 AM
We do the plastic cup and home and at WDW. :mickey: It works pretty well, and DD keeps her head tipped up (I tell her to look at the ceiling) so none of the soap gets in her eyes.

bkfree
07-09-2008, 12:43 AM
At Bed Bath and Beyond and other places you can buy the rubber hand held shower head/hose that fits over the end of the faucet in the tub.It works great.

I used to use these to bath my dog before I lived in my house that has built in hand held shower heads.

gnomelady
07-09-2008, 08:48 AM
I was at POP in April and they have fixed shower heads.
A suggestion, why don't you start now haing your kids wash their hair in the shower. Maybe by the time you take your trip your kids will be use to it and not put up a fuss. Most kids adjust easily.