PDA

View Full Version : December 2008 POFQ

HoosierDisneyFan
07-06-2008, 04:55 PM
Does anyone know why no rooms seem to be available at POFQ for early December 2008? I tried to make reservations on the disney website and I was directed to another moderate hotel.

wendy*darling
07-06-2008, 07:13 PM
Probably because this is a pretty popular time to go. Christmas decorations and Value Season prices. :mickey:
POFQ is the smallest resort. I am not surprised if it fills up first.

disneydeb
07-06-2008, 08:06 PM
Pop Warner is there too in early December.

bkfree
07-06-2008, 08:43 PM
Probably due to its size. We booked last week with a Disney Travel agency and had no problem getting a Water view Ground floor end unit at POFQ. We even added an extra day to our reservation with no problem just a couple of days ago. This is for Dec.3-10.

I wonder if it is like an airplane. SO many seats are reserved for different sellers or agencies.

You can PM me for more info.

RockinRollerMom
07-06-2008, 11:09 PM
Last year I booked the first week of December at POFQ in mid September without any problems. I also booked with a travel agent. Try playing around with your dates. Even if one of your days is booked it will show no availability for your whole stay. Good Luck!

The Hitchhiking Ghost
07-06-2008, 11:16 PM
I think the three primary reasons have been laid out.

1. Pop Warner (probably biggest reason)
2. Based on # of units, the smallest of the moderates
3. Value season and popularity of going in December.

What I have found to be useful, from time to time, is to check with various travel agents. I've run into the same problem, where I try book the reservation myself and find that there is no vacancy. What I have found is that it is very common for a travel agency, or a company like AAA or American Express etc., to essentially book a large block of rooms. So when you call, those rooms are shown as taken, but a travel agent may be able to get you into POFQ by going thru another agencies package deal. That's probably your best bet to locking in long term. My guess is that as they get closer to the booking dates that they release rooms, but then you are hoping that there will be rooms available.

Good luck - my guess is that the rooms are out there. If you can't get into POFQ don't be afraid to go to POR, it's adjacent and it share the same basic amenities.