PDA

View Full Version : Early December Travel

HoosierDisneyFan
07-06-2008, 04:48 PM
I have always heard that going to Disney World during the first 2 weeks of December was the best time to go (crowds low and good weather). But I have heard lately that the crowds are gorwing during this time period as well. Did anyone go in early December 2007 to shed some light?

Aggie97
07-06-2008, 04:52 PM
We were at WDW in early December 2007. It really is a very nice time to visit. I think that all of the traditionally slow times at WDW have been getting busier. The parks definitely were MUCH more crowded than they had been in early December 2000, but it still was very manageable and much less crowded than many other times of year! :mickey:

faline
07-06-2008, 06:18 PM
I think you'll find the crowds quite manageable in the early part of December. Weather, however, can be quite variable. Most of our December visits have featured very pleasant weather though we've also hit some cold spells. Our last December trip was the coldest - we needed to dress in layers and use winter weight jackets the night we attended Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party!

SurferStitch
07-06-2008, 06:25 PM
We were there in early December 07 (12/7-12/18), and crowds grew steadily during the trip. I would say crowds were slightly big in the beginning, were big by the middle, and were quite large by the end.

Big ticket rides had 1.5-2+ hour waits (Soarin', TT, RnRC, Splash, SM, BTMRR, EE, Kali, etc.). Character lines were long, and parade routes were PACKED.

We took advantage of FP, had all of our ADR's for meals, and just took our time. Weather was absolutely gorgeous with no rain at all. Temps rose steadily and hovered in the mid-upper 80's except for the last night/next day (high of 60 or so, but SUNNY).

We've done that time of year for two years now, so we are going in October this year. I'm sure we'll go back in early December again, just not this year.

Donald
07-06-2008, 06:45 PM
We were there 12/6-12/10 and it was wonderful. The weather was 80*-85* and sunny everyday. Evenings dropped down to upper 60's.

The lines were not bad. The first couple of days there were some pop warner kids still around, so there were some waits, nothing that a fast past wouldn't take care of. But for the most part, it was great. We had a 20 minute wait for EE. We chose to wait in line for RRC for 45 minutes instead of fast passing it. (Oh well) We walked right on Kali River-and just stayed in the boat since there was no one in line.

We have been to WDW twice during that time of year, and would probably go back again becaues we are able to do it all!

Have a great vacation!

HoosierDisneyFan
07-19-2008, 11:17 PM
Thanks for your comments and observations!:mickey:

DumboMom
07-19-2008, 11:38 PM
We went the third week of December in 2007 for my son's birthday and had a blast. I didn't think the crowds were bad. I had an Aunt who had an awful time with crowds during Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. We had tickets a few days later and although it was busy we were able to see everything.
:mickey:

mdhiggin
07-20-2008, 06:04 PM
Also planning a trip early Dec. either Friday 5t
or Friday 12th. I remember reading something about the Christmas Parade being filmed the first weekend. I guess that would be the 5th. Would that make it busier than doing the 12th weekend which gets closer to the Holidays?

Beast_fanatic
07-20-2008, 09:38 PM
The parade filming typically ties up "traffic" on Main Street and can make it difficult to get through to the other areas of the park, but the other areas of the park don't usually seem too bad (although weekends are always more crowded at the Magic Kingdom).

disneylovinmom
07-20-2008, 11:05 PM
We went last year 12/15-12/22. The crowds were really light until 12-21, which was the Friday before Christmas and it got REALLY crowded. Saturday thru Thursday we didn't have to wait more than 5-10 minutes for any ride. It was really great. I had only been in the summer before and those crowds were terrible. I think the earlier in the month you can go, the better the crowds will be.