PDA

View Full Version : Hawaiian Roller Coaster?

VolMickey
07-06-2008, 03:27 PM
:mickey: Wouldn't it be cool for Disney to build a themed coaster along the lines of Lilo & Stitch? The "Hawaiian Rollercoaster!" It could be themed with surf boards and rockets, as well as palm trees and Hawaiian vistas. Maybe put it in DHS to add more thrills to that park. Thoughts??? :cool:

dephenn
07-06-2008, 03:45 PM
That sounds like a great idea. maybe they could replace stitches great escape with it.

A Foolish Mortal
07-06-2008, 04:37 PM
That sounds like a great idea. maybe they could replace stitches great escape with it.

Hey, I like Stitch's Great Escape!!!

Besides, it would probably fit better in Animal Kingdom, maybe a new tropical themed area???

OR

New E-Ticket in Adventureland.

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
07-06-2008, 05:10 PM
Hey, I like Stitch's Great Escape!!!So...you're the one. ;)

SurferStitch
07-06-2008, 05:50 PM
Hey, I like Stitch's Great Escape!!!

Me too!!!! Big fans of SGE here!!

And, I would love to see a Hawaiian Roller Coaster ride!! :cloud9: You could shoot through a tube (make it like a corkscrew or something), see Lilo and Stitch surfing, have some awesome music from the movie (Elvis, anyone?)...

Awesome idea!!! :thumbsup:

Minnie Imagineer
07-06-2008, 05:51 PM
I like Stitches Great Escape too!
But thats a really good idea!!

A Foolish Mortal
07-06-2008, 07:53 PM
So...you're the one. ;)

Well, yes. But still, its not that bad. I just like to say that "it's not for everyone". Which, obviously, its not.

Flower
07-06-2008, 09:39 PM
That would be a cool coaster....

Incidentally, Hawaiian Roller Coater Ride is my cell phone ring tone!

pdrlkr
07-06-2008, 11:42 PM
Cool idea! :cool:

Doug The Disney Man
07-07-2008, 12:38 AM
It might work even better as a water coaster at one of the water parks or even a NEW water park themed around the many water movies over the years.

A fast pipe Hawaiian Stitch themed surf slide would be fun, with the wave pool themed similarly. The kiddie area would be full of play structures around Ariel and Sebastien. King Triton's Trident of Tubes into a big splashdown pool. What about Marlin's Swirling Vortex of Terror? Or Dory's Just Keep Swimming Lazy River? And Crush's faster version of a lazy river with the EAC? Ooh, or Bouncin' on Jellies to cross a pool? Man, I could do this all day!

lockedoutlogic
07-07-2008, 11:27 AM
i don't think you'll see any more themepark rides bases on lilo and stitch.....

but i did always think they should do somekind of overlay at typhoon with them....

that would be a small investment.

waterparks are weird....as their "expansion" budgets....or lack thereof....is tied to their revenues by the beancounters......

the crush n gusher slides were supposed to be in a long time ago....like ten years.....and it took forever for them to add even that modest little addtion.....which i believe is the only thing ever to be added to a WDW waterpark.....

big blue and hairy
07-07-2008, 11:54 AM
i don't think you'll see any more themepark rides bases on lilo and stitch.....

I hope that's not the case. With respect to the folks that disagree, I think SGE isn't very good, but that's not because it's Stitch. I think Stitch is a hysterical character.

And I know this has been said before, but the whole basis of the attraction is it's before he landed on Earth, met Lilo and reformed, so he's NOT STITCH YET, but somehow he knows his name before Lilo gives it to him??!

:sulley:

Doug The Disney Man
07-10-2008, 12:50 AM
There's a lot of things wrong with SGE, and if for that reason alone I hope another Lilo and Stitch ride (or some other attraction) will someday be a part of WDW.

SFTrny
07-11-2008, 05:49 PM
If they did anything for the "Hawaiian Roller Coaster" it would be good for a new or refurbished water park. Or maybe an extension to the Poly.

MickeyChick
07-11-2008, 06:08 PM
That's totally my favorite song right now! I don't think another Lilo & Stitch themed attraction is going to happen but in a hypothetical world, I'd like to see it in Adventureland or at AK.

VolMickey
07-13-2008, 09:50 AM
Happy to see the enthusiasm for this idea. Thought it might have been a bit silly, but our family has discussed it for years. Thanks, ICOTees!

DisneyFanaticDargon
07-13-2008, 02:14 PM
the crush n gusher slides were supposed to be in a long time ago....like ten years.....and it took forever for them to add even that modest little addtion.....which i believe is the only thing ever to be added to a WDW waterpark.....

10 years? Crush 'n' Gusher is a non-Disney developed NBGS International Master Blaster water slide which have only been in existence for MAYBE 5 or 6 years. I believe CnG was one of the first of these attractions to be implemented on a large scale not long after their public unveiling.