PDA

View Full Version : I had a terrible 4th of July weekend!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
07-06-2008, 02:27 PM
I went to the Dr on Friday because I wasn't feeling well. I was thinking bladder or kidney infection since I had pain in my stomach, lower back, fever and chills.
The test came back negative but he wanted to check me out anyway since I was feeling so terrible. He pressed on different parts of my stomach and I was fine. He pressed on the lower right part of my stomach and I almost went off of the table. Yep, my appendix.
He sent me right to the hospital for direct admission.
I had a cat scan and sonogram on Friday night. I was hooked up to an IV by that time so, I was at least comfortable with pain medication. The hardest part was no eating or drinking since early Friday morning. (I ended up not eating anything at all until last night)
I woke up in the hospital yesterday morning in a lot of pain with a severe migraine and nausea. At that time my surgeon decided to get the surgery scheduled.
I had surgery yesterday afternoon around 12 noon to remove my appendix. It ended up having a slight rupture so it was a good thing I got to the hospital when I did. My left ovary was also twisted. Very strange but, they have seen it before. They placed that back in the correct position as well.
I spent last night in the hospital and was given the choice of staying one more night or going home. I chose to go home since I had a very loud roomate that got up many times during the night to watch tv or turn on lights, etc. I hardly got any sleep at all.
I came home around 11am this morning. I took a 2 hour nap and had some lunch. Now , I needed a Disney fix to cheer me up!:mickey:

Any quick recovery wishes you guys could spare would be great. This was certainly the last thing we expected to happen. I just had major knee surgery in April. Hopefully, this is the last of any medical issues for me for a very long time.
Thanks for letting me whine a little. I hope you all had a much better holiday weekend then I did!!

Ian
07-06-2008, 02:34 PM
Ugh. I feel your pain, SRTM. I had my appendix out a few years ago and it wasn't a lot of fun.

Plenty of "Get Well Soon" pixie dust headed your way!

:pixie:

Donald
07-06-2008, 02:47 PM
You know I have heard that the worst place for a sick person is in the hospital. lol. I swear they wake you up every 3-4 hours just to see if your still alive! lol

Get well soon:)

disneymom15
07-06-2008, 03:01 PM
Hope you're feeling better real soon. Insert pixie dust here (sorry, I don't know how to add the cute little icons, so just use your imagination)

mrsgaribaldi
07-06-2008, 03:18 PM
You'll feel better before you know it. Here's some fast healing :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:for you :hug:

Beast_fanatic
07-06-2008, 03:44 PM
:pixie: on the way!

DisneyDudet
07-06-2008, 04:10 PM
Sorry that you had a crummy holiday, but I'm glad you're starting to feel better.

If it makes you feel any better, I was at the hospital most of the holiday as well! Although I was working, but still...

Those semi-private rooms are really bad. We have half our hall as semi-privates, and I hate it. Patients hate it, families hate it. Hospitals love it. It makes them money.

It is good you caught it when you did.

Take care, and Pixie Dust is on the way!

daparish
07-06-2008, 04:50 PM
Here is some :pixie: for a speedy recovery!!

merlinmagic4
07-06-2008, 05:29 PM
:pixie: on the way! I really hope you feel better soon and I can definitely relate to no rest in the hospital (and we always have a private room!). I hope Intercot is cheering you up :cloud9:

Melanie
07-06-2008, 05:31 PM
:pixie: for a speedy recovery! Not a fun way to spend the holiday weekend. :(

pianobabe
07-06-2008, 06:17 PM
Get Well Soon. The best medicine is a daily dose (more as needed) of Intercot.

RedSoxFan
07-06-2008, 06:21 PM
Get well soon.

Jeff
07-06-2008, 06:25 PM
Get well soon!:thumbsup:

Jeff G
07-06-2008, 06:50 PM
:pixie: for a quick recovery.

faline
07-06-2008, 06:54 PM
My daughter spend Valentine's Day of 2007 in the hospital for the same reason! Not fun!

Hope you recover soon and don't need any more surgeries! :pixie::pixie::pixie:

RocknBev
07-06-2008, 06:56 PM
How fortunate for you that you got medical care in time! Sorry that the hospital stay was no so great! Hope you have a speedy recovery!:pixie:

Bethis26fan
07-06-2008, 07:02 PM
I hope you feel better soon.

MauiMouse
07-06-2008, 07:23 PM
Feel better soon. :pixie:

kakn7294
07-06-2008, 08:07 PM
Allison, that's a terrible way to spend your holiday! Here's some :pixie: for a quick recovery!

Dixie Springs
07-06-2008, 08:23 PM
Here's hoping for a speedy recovery! Maybe pop in a WDW DVD to hold you over.

murphy1
07-06-2008, 09:10 PM
Awww, I hope you are feeling better, I was just in for surgery last month, it's crazy, no rest is right! And I wish I could help you with laundry and meals right now. Just concentrate on getting better and pain control right now. Next 4th will be much better surely!

disneydeb
07-06-2008, 09:27 PM
:hug: & :pixie: Feel better soon!

Flower
07-06-2008, 09:43 PM
I hope you feel better soon, and here is :mjump: fix coming at yah!!!!

:goofy::donald::chip::dale::minnie::stitch:

SBETigg
07-06-2008, 09:49 PM
Wow, I'm sorry you had to go through all that. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

crazypoohbear
07-06-2008, 10:12 PM
Feel better soon :mickey:

offwego
07-06-2008, 10:33 PM
Hope you feel better soon!

:pixie: :pixie:

SgtTigger
07-06-2008, 10:46 PM
I hope you feel better soon....

do you want me to come bbq for you?????:D

:cop: :tigger:

Here we go again...
07-06-2008, 11:57 PM
I hope you feel better soon....

do you want me to come bbq for you?????:D

:cop: :tigger:
Bret, We are trying to make her feel BETTER... :fresh:

I hope you feel better soon... no more surgery for you this year! :pixie:

pink
07-07-2008, 02:09 AM
That is some weekend! I hope you have a quick recovery and I'm glad the surgery was successful. :mickey:

Carol
07-07-2008, 09:09 AM
Get well soon. :pixie:

wdwgrl377
07-07-2008, 10:15 AM
I'm so sorry you had to go through that on a holiday weekend.

Here's lots of :pixie::pixie: to make you feel better and for a speedy recovery!!!

:hug:

ElenitaB
07-07-2008, 10:54 AM
Here's some :pixie: to speed along your healing!

And hey, stay out of the hospital! :hug: As I've discovered, they DON'T give frequent flier miles. ;)

conorsmom2000
07-07-2008, 11:19 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about this!! Here's to a speedy recovery!! :pixie::pixie::pixie:

dlpmikki
07-07-2008, 11:26 AM
Get well soon! :pixie:

tinkerbell04
07-07-2008, 12:30 PM
I hope you are feeling better soon! I am so sorry to hear about your weekend! :pixie:

DisneyDog
07-08-2008, 01:57 PM
Sorry to hear you have been sick! Not a fun way to spend the holiday weekend. Being in the hospital is not fun. Did they wake you up to give you a sleeping pill?:blush:

pogo
07-08-2008, 02:19 PM
Hang in there and get well soon !

I hope this :pixie: helps ! :D

Momof2boys
07-08-2008, 02:44 PM
Plenty of get well :pixie: heading your way ~

I hate hospital roommates !

Dsnygirl
07-08-2008, 08:20 PM
Wow -- that certainly does qualify as a lousy holiday weekend!! Sending lots of healing :pixie: to you that you'll be feeling better soon -- I hope your next holiday weekend is much, much better!! :)

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
07-08-2008, 11:29 PM
Did they wake you up to give you a sleeping pill?:blush:

It is funny you should ask that. Friday night they decided to give me my roomate at 11pm.:mad: So, that was 2 hours of nurses, machines, lights, etc. Then the woman was up all that night coughing, tossing and turning. I gave up on getting any sleep at 3 or so and read for the rest of the night. My nurse came in quite a few times and knew I couldn't sleep. She felt really bad.
The next morning was when I woke up in a lot of pain and a wicked migraine. (I am sure the lack of sleep and stress of the night before was the cause of it). I had my surgery that afternoon.
That night my nurse came in to take my vitals at around 9pm and told me she had my surgeon write an order for a sleeping pill so I could actually get some sleep. I told her I was so exhausted that I was going to skip it for right then. Thankfully, she warned me that she was not able to give it to me any later then 2am because after a few hours sleep my roomate decided she was up for the night at 1am and was packing up her stuff, etc, to go home later that day.
I buzzed my nurse and asked for the sleeping pill. That finally kicked in around 3am or so and I was able to catch a few hours sleep.
What a nightmare!!:(

I have slept like a baby since I have been home though!

magicofdisney
07-09-2008, 06:52 AM
I'm glad you're home getting good rest.

When my 2 year old was 3 wks old, my appendix ruptured. I had to spend a week in the hospital after emergency surgery, in a semi private room (HORRIBLE! :sick:). It was grand having wonderful nurses take care of me, but the lack of sleep was taxing.

I hope you feel better soon.

princessgirls
07-09-2008, 07:17 PM
Hope you are feeling like your old self in no time flat!!

At least you are on the road to recovery!

Julie:party: