PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Planning!!!!!

jazzy
07-06-2008, 10:04 AM
I am so excited that i am goingto disney for my big 3-0 bday:party2: however i have a delema.
My bday is the last week in feb, i spoke to a family member who frequents disney every year,and told me attendence may be up and so are hotel prices because of presidents day and winter recess.
I did get great advice from someone from magical journeys but i still dont know what to do.
i really want to go at the least crowded much cheaper time of the year
If you have any advice for when to go where there is not crowded and i can stay at deluxe accomadations at a resonable price, it would be helping me out tremendously.
Thanx to all who will lend a hand in this area.:listen:

KAT1811
07-06-2008, 10:22 AM
I have heard that January is a slower time of the year to go to WDW. Personally I have never been at that time. I know the weather can get quite cool then so that would also be a factor in your planning.

February vacation time can be very busy so personally I would steer clear during that time. Long lines are not much fun!

We typically visit WDW in September and it is wonderful. It is quite hot but the crowds are minimal and the free dining plan has been instituted the past few years.

Celebrate your 30th b-day whenever you decide to go. Have a great time!!!

Mrs Bus Driver
07-06-2008, 11:06 AM
My one and only trip to WDW I went in Jan. I think it was the week before Martin Luther King day (heard that weekend can be kind of busy). 5 minute waits for most major attractions. Disney offers some pretty good discounts for after New Years. That time I got an email in Dec with a price I couldn't resist. I think you should go ahead and book through MJ and they will get you the best deal going. I am using them for my up coming trip in late Sept. I know that in the past WDW has offered some good deals around July & Aug for that time of year and that Denise at MJ will get me the best one. She has even looked into a couple of discounts for my already. They really are good at what they do. It is so much better then going it alone. :mickey: Have fun on your B-Day:pixie:

wendy*darling
07-06-2008, 11:38 AM
If you are looking for "Value" rates/season, you are limited to January through just before Valentine's Day, and then late July to Oct 1, and end of November to mid-December.
Mid-February through the end of March is actually "Peak" rates/season due to school winter and spring breaks.

If you want to go as close to your birthday as possible- go in early February. :party:
It's OK to get a Birthday button if that's the reason for your trip.

In Value season, the park hours are shorter, the weather is more "iffy", and more attractions may be down for refurbishing. But the crowds are at their lowest and resorts rates are as low as they ever are.
For example- a standard room at the Wilderness Lodge in Value Season is $225/night, but $340/night for the same room for that last week in February (Peak Season).

If you MUST go for your actual birthday- just be aware that Spring Break has started, the parks will be a bit more crowded, and the resort rates will be quite high.

Aggie97
07-06-2008, 04:57 PM
Definitely consider going in late January/early February. This is our favorite time of year to visit WDW! We were there 1/29 - 2/6/08 and had a great time. We also were able to book our room at a discount off the value season price, which was a nice bonus. Whenever you go, have a great trip! :mickey:

faline
07-06-2008, 06:28 PM
I also suggest celebrating your birthday a few weeks early and going in late January or early February. If you wait until the end of February, you're in the midst of the busy spring break season which runs through Easter.