PDA

View Full Version : Watching Fireworks from outside the parks

Georgesgirl1
07-06-2008, 10:03 AM
I was on another message board (non Disney Related), and someone asked where a good place to watch the fireworks outside the park was. I mentioned the Polynesian Resort beach area for Magic Kingdom fireworks and Boardwalk for Epcot fireworks. Almost every other person who answered said Downtown Disney. I don't pretend to be a Disney expert, but I have been to Downtown Disney many times at night and have never been able to see the fireworks from any park. I was thinking that maybe they were confusing DTD with Boardwalk, but thought I would check my facts with y'all.

Are these people wrong or I am not looking in the right places when at DTD?

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-06-2008, 10:27 AM
From DTD, you can see PARTS of Illuminations, but not much.

Polynesian Dweller
07-06-2008, 01:23 PM
As Jessica says, you can see a very limited part of Illuminations from DTD. We've also seen parts if it while driving on Buena Vista Blvd. Because so much is low and utilizing the globe you can only see moments from there. Not worth trying.

You don't get much of the show from Boardwalk either.

jonahbear2006
07-06-2008, 01:43 PM
I have heard that the best place to watch epcot fireworks was from the Beach Club's pool. I was also told the best place to watch MK fireworks is from the beach of GF. Both tips were given by a DVC vet.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-07-2008, 01:16 AM
I've been on the top floor of the BCV with the view of Epcot and not been able to see all that much of the fireworks. Again, there are a lot of trees and stuff and the fireworks are pretty low.

You might be able to see some from the Beach at BC.

As for MK, I'd say the best place is always MS between Casey's and Ice Cream Parlor. If it's the special fireworks at Studios, watching them from outside the turnstiles by the lake is pretty good. Epcot is best in the parks, and I've found between China and Mexico to be really good, as well as by Japan.

ThanxForNoticin
07-07-2008, 12:03 PM
It's very difficult to find anyplace outside of EPCOT that will allow you to truly enjoy Illuminations. But Wishes is definitely viewable from around the monorail loop, either at some of the restaurants (Cali Grill and 'OHana, for example) or the beaches (the Poly beach and GF beach are very nice for viewing).

Polynesian Dweller
07-07-2008, 03:05 PM
I have heard that the best place to watch epcot fireworks was from the Beach Club's pool. I was also told the best place to watch MK fireworks is from the beach of GF. Both tips were given by a DVC vet.

As Jessica says, you can't really see Epcot's Illuminations from anywhere but in the park. Fireworks are only part of the show and you miss a great deal of the fountains, Earth Globe etc if you aren't in the park.

The GF beach isn't bad for Wishes but somewhat blocked out by the buildings. The Poly beach has a much more direct view of MK (straight on not to the side) and gives a better view.

maxrebo77
07-07-2008, 04:32 PM
I remembered one year, just by accident I got the perfect view of Wishes (might not have been Wishes then) from a seat in the Tambu at Poly. This made me decide to watch from the beach at Poly last year. The view fine, but expect kids to be running around in front of you at all times. Cal Grill is great, but they have made the lounge so small now, and (I think) you have to have an ADR to get up there. I am going there to eat this year so I should be fine. Also I have watched from the walkway to Contemporary. I like Narcoosee's now myself. I've heard (but don't know myself) that if you time it right, being on the boat that leaves FW gives a great view.

Georgesgirl1
07-07-2008, 06:25 PM
Thanks...I thought everyone was leading this person astray by saying Dowtown Disney.

I agree about Illuminations, you really have to be in the park to get the full affect!

crazypoohbear
07-07-2008, 08:30 PM
We have seen them (parts of them) in the grotto pool at the Dolphin.