PDA

View Full Version : Another ?

elmjimmlm
07-05-2008, 09:55 PM
We have an ADR at Yak and Yeti at 3pm in Dec. and want to watch the Jingle Jungle Parade... I found that the time of the parade is 4pm and its lasts about 25 min. and then I would like to go to MK for the castle lighting...Do you think that if I rode a bus to the Contemporary and rode the monorail to MK that we could make it in time? I do believe that it starts around 5:30...Does anyone know if they light the tree before the castle?
Also, I have read that you can go from park to park on the bus...How true is this?
Just obsessing about it tonight...

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-05-2008, 11:10 PM
Although someone with more experience will be along, I think you're cutting too close with your timelines!

Right from the start, you're counting on everything going "just right", and not having any delays at all, which most likely won't happen.

You can take a bus from AK to MK, but it takes about 25 minutes, and you'll have to factor in wait times for the bus itself.

Do you have another day you can do some of the events? It would reduce your worry and rushing around.

CleveRocks
07-06-2008, 02:23 PM
Your best bet is to take the bus from AK to the TTC, and from the TTC take the express monorail or the ferry (whichever looks like it will come first) across Seven Seas Lagoon to MK.

If you take the bus from AK to Contemporary, you'd then need to ride the monorail all the way around the lagoon, which could take 15-20 minutes plus waiting time to catch the monorail. Of course, it's an 8-minute walk from Contemporary to MK.

The bus from AK to Contemporary will also drop off at Polynesian and Grand Floridian. Get off at whichever the bus stops at first. If CR, walk to MK. If Poly, take the monorail or walk to the TTC and take the monorail or ferry. If GF, take the monorail to MK which is the very next stop.

faline
07-06-2008, 06:23 PM
You've got some pretty tight time frames listed. If you want to watch the parade at Animal Kingdom, you'd really have to fly through your lunch at Yak & Yeti -doesn't sound too relaxing to me.

Also remember, that many folks tend to leave parks just after parades so your route out of the park may be impeded by others who are leisurely exiting the park after having watched the parade. If a bus isn't right there and waiting for you or if you don't make it on the first bus to leave Animal Kingdom and have to wait for a second bus, you could be waiting for a bus to arrive for 20 minutes or so.

Too much rushing for me. I'd think about rarranging what I want to accomplish in a given day.