PDA

View Full Version : Update on dad... 7/10/08

Here we go again...
07-05-2008, 08:27 PM
Well, you are not going to believe this, but it looks like dad might just beat another cancer!

Dad got the results of his pet scan and MRI yesterday... yes, on the 4th. What doctor works on the 4th?
The tumor behind his eye has shrunk and is very small... This is good because it was hard to look at him with his eyeball bulging out. His bone cancer in his jaw is a small spot and his lung cancer is just a small spot. Can you believe it???

Dad was having some severe headaches and we were worried that the cancer spread to the brain. (the doctor has been preparing us for this for a while)
They are saying that the cancer is still there, but the radiation is still working. The spots may disapear or stay small for a while. It sounds like the cancer may be in remission for a little while. Hopefully dad will gain a little weight now. He is still at about 110 pounds.

This is the 6th terminal cancer dad has had in the last 5 years. I think he still has something he has to do on this earth because it is not his time to go.

Another thing...
Dad and my step mom were able to find an apartment in an elderly housing community about a mile away from me. Their rent has gone down about half with this apartment! This was one thing that had dad worried. He knew that my stepmother could not pay for the other apartment after he was gone. Now she will be close to us and in a nice safe place. I am so happy for her... she called me screaming when she got the call saying they had an opening.

Life is good.

buzznwoodysmom
07-05-2008, 08:34 PM
Oh Angel,

I cannot even begin to tell you how trilled I am for you, your dad, and your entire family. Things just sometimes have a way of working out like you wouldn't expect. I hope your dad continues doing well and that all his pain will be gone for good. Good luck with everything and you know that if you need anything at all I am just a phone call or car ride away! Still sending prayers and :pixie: for your dad!

merlinmagic4
07-05-2008, 09:15 PM
That is such great news and thanks for sharing :)

SgtTigger
07-05-2008, 09:16 PM
I am so glad Angel...........

Keep the good thoughts........

Thanks for the message today........

:angel:

:cop: :tigger:

wdwgrl377
07-05-2008, 09:27 PM
I am so glad to hear of your wonderful news! Thank you for sharing with us!

Kairi_7378
07-05-2008, 09:28 PM
Angel,Thank you for sharing this wonderful news with us. Your Dad is a fighter and must be an inspiration to everyone who knows him! Will continue to pray for him as he continues with his recovery.

RedSoxFan
07-05-2008, 10:07 PM
Angel -- This is wonderful news. He will still be in my thoughts and prayers.

ElenitaB
07-05-2008, 10:30 PM
What wonderful news! What wonderful blessings! :hug:

MsMin
07-05-2008, 10:48 PM
Great news... Hope to see you soon...

Beast_fanatic
07-05-2008, 11:17 PM
Excellent news! :thumbsup:

:pixie: continues to flow!

daparish
07-06-2008, 07:51 AM
Angel,
Great news!!!! Your dad is such a fighter. I will continue to keep him in my prayers. God bless.

vizsla
07-06-2008, 08:55 AM
That is great news. My DF is going through the battle right now with cancer and the treatments have just been controling it to a point that it is not spreading and none of the tumors have shrunk, so they are going to start another round of radiation and another type of chemo.

RocknBev
07-06-2008, 09:05 AM
So happy you are getting go news! Be thankful and enjoy having them closer!
My MIL is struggling with cancer. She will probably start her 5th round of chemo in September since her tumors have started growing again and they have found a new one. But when they found the cancer 6 years ago, the doctors didn't give her a year. I believe only God gets to decide how long we have on this earth. We are thankful for every day and every blessing! I know you are too!

mrsgaribaldi
07-06-2008, 03:20 PM
Great news Angel. More extra strong :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:and prayers on the way.

DisneyDudet
07-06-2008, 04:12 PM
Angel, that is great news! Someone still has something for him to do here on Earth!

Keep us updated!

Hope to see you this weekend!

murphy1
07-06-2008, 09:00 PM
Oh, Angel, I'm so very happy to hear that news!! I just escaped it a second time and I truly believe you are right about when your time has come it will happen, but I am so very happy it isn't now for you all. I look at it the same way. I just discovered some important things I need to do in the next few years and know that God truly has a purpose for me being here and I know He has a plan for you all, too. That is truly miraculous about the five times!!

disneydeb
07-06-2008, 09:48 PM
Angel I am so happy for you and your father! He must be tough!or I guess I would call it STRONG! :thumbsup:

SBETigg
07-06-2008, 09:54 PM
Angel, that's incredibly wonderful news! Best wishes for his continued recovery and good fortune. :pixie:

Here we go again...
07-07-2008, 12:00 AM
Angel I am so happy for you and your father! He must be tough!or I guess I would call it STRONG! :thumbsup:

I tell him that he is too mean to die. ;)
It is a good thing that we can still find humor in all of this.

wdwgrl377
07-07-2008, 10:28 AM
Angel, that is fantastic news! I am so glad to hear of the news!! :D
God isn't finished with him on Earth! I am so glad and happy for you and your family! I've been keeping you all in my prayers! :thumbsup:

DisneyDog
07-09-2008, 12:47 PM
That is wonderful news! I met a man over the weekend who is fighting brain cancer. He is trying every treatment imaginable, and is documenting everything he has gone through. He is desperately determined to be the first person to ever survive brain cancer. After meeting this man, I believe that he may just meet his goal.

Dsnygirl
07-09-2008, 03:48 PM
:) Angel, that is wonderful news... I can't believe it! You're sure right about prayers and pixie dust... we've all seen them work amazing results around here!!

And that is totally cool about the apartment... now your dad can have peace of mind about it, which I'm sure will help, as well.

:hug: to you and more :pixie: for your dad... what great news!! Thanks for letting us know!

pogo
07-09-2008, 03:53 PM
Great news indeed, nice one ! :D

disneydrmr
07-09-2008, 04:39 PM
That is awesome news Angel! I'm so happy to hear it! More :pixie: heading your dad's way! And my thinking is... only God knows if something is terminal! Obviously He has something more for your dad to do!

Here we go again...
07-09-2008, 10:51 PM
I got a call from my brother last night. He is getting married in December. He called to see if I would consider changing the wedding to September 13th. (I am doing the photography and my neighbor is the DJ) I kept trying to figure out why in the world he would want to change... that is just 2 months out and not much time to make plans.

Well, Beth and I went to see dad yesterday and he told me that the doctor mentioned to him that he has a fractured jaw. They do not know how it happened, if it was the radiation or if he bit into something hard. He also said that he can no longer have any more radiation... if a tumor comes back, that is it. My step mother said the tumors did shrink, but did not say they were small like dad told me Friday.

When I got home, I called my DB's girl friend... she works at the radiation clinic. She did not want to talk to me because of HIPAA laws, but I am trained in HIPAA and know what she can and can not say without breaking the law. She has obviously had one heck of a burden to carry. She knew how bad dad has been and has not been able to talk to anyone.

Dad is not doing as well as we thought. Betb and I decided that the doctor is not being completely honest because dad's sprits are still up.

Soon to be DSIL said that she knew for some time about the fracture but could not tell us. So, with them moving the wedding up to September, I now know how bad it is.

Please say a prayer that dad makes the wedding.
Thanks everyone.

KineGirl
07-09-2008, 10:57 PM
Im sorry :( I was so happy for you to read when ya'll thought he was doing better.

I def will be thinking of him

Best of luck to your Dad and your family.

kakn7294
07-09-2008, 10:57 PM
Angel, you and your family have been through so much! I'm so sorry the news doesn't seem to be as good as you hoped a couple of days ago. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers and I'm sending plenty of :pixie: for your dad.

Beast_fanatic
07-09-2008, 11:10 PM
I'm really sorry, Angel. :( :hug: to you, and lots of :pixie: dust to your dad. I do hope he's able to make it to the wedding.

Sunshine1010
07-10-2008, 12:54 AM
I will pray that he finds comfort....

And for you and your family as well.

Cinderelley
07-10-2008, 02:25 AM
I'm very sorry to hear this. I'll keep your family in my prayers.

mrsgaribaldi
07-10-2008, 05:36 AM
:hug:Prayers and :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:on the way Angel.

vizsla
07-10-2008, 05:38 AM
I know what you are going through since my family and I are going through the same thing with my DF. Its hard to do, but you have to stay strong for your DF so he will continue to fight and not give up. Prayers and Pixie Dust on the way for you and your family.

RedSoxFan
07-10-2008, 07:34 AM
Angel -- so sorry to hear the latest news. More prayers being sent to him and your family.

DISNEYLOVERS5
07-10-2008, 07:39 AM
Sending Prayers Your Way, So Sorry

Kairi_7378
07-10-2008, 11:16 AM
Sending more prayers for all of you, including your soon to be SIL. I can't imagine how stressful it is for her to know the details of what's going on and not being able to discuss them!

I'm sorry that the news wasn't as good as originally thought.

MsMin
07-10-2008, 12:45 PM
:hug: Angel so glad you posted this b/c I know it's hard knowing that the good news was just not accurate. I still think it's important to let your dad feel that things are doing fairly well. His spirits were good and we don't want to crush that. Remember that in a lot of medicine it's a "need to know" basis. I'm hoping he makes the wedding too :pixie: You have your intercot family here to give you support. :hug:

pogo
07-10-2008, 03:45 PM
Angel, my heart is heavy just reading this but you have to remember that we do not have a say in how life goes.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:

Jeff G
07-10-2008, 04:10 PM
Angel, I am so sorry to here this news. Continued :pixie: and prayers for your dad.

SBETigg
07-10-2008, 04:23 PM
Best wishes for your family, Angel.

pianobabe
07-10-2008, 05:33 PM
I'm sorry your update wasn't good. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I also wish your DB good luck with the wedding. Your future DSIL sounds like a strong one.

Piglet822
07-11-2008, 06:02 AM
Angel, I'm so sorry to hear things are not as well as you though :hug:
Lots of prayers and :pixie: for you and your family.

disneydeb
07-11-2008, 07:12 AM
I'm sorry you have to walk this path. Please know that your friends here have you and your family on our hearts. God bless.

offwego
07-11-2008, 09:20 AM
Angel, I'm sorry to read this update, I hope the good spirts that your dad is in have a postive impact on his health and know that we are all here to help you keep your spirts strong when they don't feel that way by yourself.

:pixie:

DisneyDudet
07-12-2008, 11:33 PM
Angel,
I am so sorry to hear that the news is not as good as you all thought. I would be running up to that doctor's office and demanding the truth! Everyone should be informed. Lying is unethical.

I hope your dad had a wonderful birthday today. I thought of you and your dad today at the meet. We did miss you!

My prayers and pixie dust are with you, your dad, and your family. I hope that your father has enough fight in him to make it further than the wedding!

We all love you, Angel!

Dsnygirl
07-13-2008, 01:08 AM
Angel, I am so sorry to hear that... my heart and prayers go out to you and your family, sending loads of :pixie: to you and your dad that he'll get through this, esp. for the wedding. :hug:

ElenitaB
07-13-2008, 12:03 PM
Prayers continue to be said and :pixie: continues to flow!

:hug: to you!

crazypoohbear
07-13-2008, 01:17 PM
I'm sorry that things were not as positive as you had thought :(
I think it is great that your brother and FSIL are wanted to change the date so that your dad will be there.
From what I have read about your dad I'm sure he will be at the wedding.
He certainly is a fighter and I don't think he would want to miss this.
I will keep you all in my prayers.

MickeysGirl
07-15-2008, 10:39 AM
Angel, I'm so sorry to hear this. We love you and we're here for you if there is anything we can do. In the mean time, Thoughts and prayers are heading your way.

:hug: :pixie: