PDA

View Full Version : magical express problem

mel
07-05-2008, 02:59 PM
Is it true that you cant take the magical express if you arrive after your orginal reservation date? Our dd is arriving two days after we are and she can't take the transportation service..:(

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-05-2008, 03:25 PM
Hmmm, I can't remember if our friend joined us later the evening we checked in. He was flying back from Vegas and we were already checked into the room and since we didn't want to drive to MCO, he just took ME.

And I know his flight arrived late - after midnight. You may want to call and ask again.

wendy*darling
07-05-2008, 03:30 PM
If she is on your reservation in a Disney Resort, she CAN take Magical Express. :thumbsup:

Last year, DH & I and another couple went to WDW.
The other woman and I arrived on Monday, and our DHs arrived on Tuesday.

I just made separate reservations for DME for each of us.
We got luggage tags and and documents for each of us.

Just call DME and explain who is traveling and when.

mel
07-05-2008, 03:42 PM
I really dont know what to think.. any other ideas?

mrp4352
07-05-2008, 07:18 PM
Wendy Darling is right - as long as they're listed on your room ressie, they can use ME, even if they come in later or leave earlier. I've done both with my family and had no problems. just call the ME peolpe and give them everyone's flight times.

BMan62
07-05-2008, 07:21 PM
I don't see how this could work -- you get a booklet for DME. When you arrive at the DME desk, the booklet is scanned and your party is logged into the system as arrived. Unless you got a second booklet for your DD, she would not have a valid DME travel voucher.

CleveRocks
07-05-2008, 07:26 PM
Everyone above is correct -- you certainly CAN take DME from the airport to your resort after the party's check-in date.

Everyone on the reservation is entitled to 2 rides, one from the airport and one to the airport.

The ride from airport to resort must be taken on or after the check-in date (in other words, it can't be taken BEFORE the check-in date, but can be taken after). And not everyone has to do it on the same day.

It follows the same logic for the ride back to the airport. Any member of your party can get a ride back to the airport on or before the party's check-out date (in other words, you can't get a ride back to the airport AFTER your check-out date). And not everyone has to do it on the same day.

The logic is that you can't use DME if you're not a Disney resort guest, and you are not a Disney resort guest before check-in day or after check-out day.

But if you arrive a few days later than the rest or leave a few days earlier than the rest, you ARE a Disney resort guest and you ARE entitled to the full DME treatment.

KAT1811
07-05-2008, 07:50 PM
Wendy Darling is right - as long as they're listed on your room ressie, they can use ME, even if they come in later or leave earlier. I've done both with my family and had no problems. . .

:ditto:

DH usually joins us later on in our trip and he used DME on our last trip. Just call back and give DME you DD's arrival information. There shouldn't be a problem at all.

On our next trip he will be both flying down with us and returning with us! For the first time ever!!! :cloud9:

TammiMcMan
07-05-2008, 08:06 PM
OP, I think you just need to clarify for us that your daughter is listed on your current reservation. If you're adding her as a room only after you arrive, then I think she can still use ME, but the process is a little different I believe.

Knowing the details of your reservation and who it was that told you she couldn't take advantage of ME, might help us with answers specific to your situation.

Maleficent's Dad
07-06-2008, 07:24 PM
I don't see how this could work -- you get a booklet for DME. When you arrive at the DME desk, the booklet is scanned and your party is logged into the system as arrived. Unless you got a second booklet for your DD, she would not have a valid DME travel voucher.
I've done this many times with people coming in on different flights/days/times.

You just cut out the "coupons" with that person's name on it - there really is no problem with removing individual coupons from the booklet.

Wendy*Darling is completely correct!
You absolutely can do this with your dd flying in on a different date.

TammiMcMan
07-06-2008, 07:49 PM
You absolutely can do this with your dd flying in on a different date.If she is on the existing reservation, that's absolutely true. If they're adding her when she arrives (usually something done with free dining for example), that could be a problem. Hopefully the poster will come back when she has a chance and just let us know if she's all set.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-06-2008, 09:50 PM
We have 2 members of our party coming in 4 days after we check in and I just submitted the 2 different reservations on line for DME. However, we were told we had to book them in the room as if they were going to be there for the full time we'll be there. But that didn't seem to matter with DME.