PDA

View Full Version : Proud parent today!

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
07-04-2008, 09:49 PM
My DD12 competed today in a talent contest and placed second in her age category singing a vocal solo. In Iowa during the State Fair, we have a talent contest started by a man named Bill Riley. Kids from all over the state qualify at local contests then get to perform at the State Fair in August and are judged. The older kids can win some big money if they are winners. My daughter will get the chance to compete this year. She loves to sing and we leave in just 8 days for NYC on a vacation to see an actual Broadway show...one of her dreams! Just had to share the good news. You can certainly check out my homepage if you'd like to hear her sing.

Queen Stephanie
07-04-2008, 11:43 PM
:congrats::congrats: Isn't it a wonderful feeling to see your children do well and succeed? I'm very happy for you and your daughter. Tell her to keep up the good work. Keep us posted on her talent!:thumbsup:

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
07-04-2008, 11:54 PM
Thanks! Yes, it's a great feeling. Too bad DD is going to be too young to do the American Idol attraction next summer when we go to WDW...she'll be 6 months shy of 14 which I've heard is the minimum age :-(

Also...I've fixed my homepage now. I guess when you go to change something in your profile, it's a good idea to hit "save", huh???

Katmegali
07-05-2008, 12:26 AM
:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Your daughter must have a beautiful voice. I have a 11yo and she sings so sweet too--says she wants to be a singer one day. I know how proud you must be to have such a daughter .

ElenitaB
07-05-2008, 12:52 AM
Congratulations! She has a great voice and I wish her much luck in the competition. :pixie:

What show(s) will you be seeing during your trip?

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
07-08-2008, 09:58 PM
Congratulations! She has a great voice and I wish her much luck in the competition. :pixie:

What show(s) will you be seeing during your trip?

Thanks! She's up to 3rd now in the contest (view my homepage if you'd like to see/ hear/vote for her). She's so cute. She says if she wins she'll buy airline tickets for the 4 of us (even her brother too) to fly to Florida in January over her birthday! There's a true Disney-aholic for you....must have raised her right! :mickey:

We are for sure seeing "In the Heights" and "Legally Blonde" in NYC next week. We also plan to get tickets to either "Little Mermaid" or "Mary Poppins" at the TKTS booth. It's very exciting!!

mrsgaribaldi
07-09-2008, 06:09 PM
Congratulations to your DD:thumbsup:
She sounds great:mickey:

MsMin
07-09-2008, 06:56 PM
Congrats and have a great time in NYC:thumbsup: