PDA

View Full Version : Parents, do you dress for MMNSSHP?

2Princesses4Us
07-03-2008, 10:43 PM
We have three, DD 6 and 3 and DS 1, who will undoubtedly be dressed in some sort of princess get-up.

How many parents dress us in costumes as well? Suggestions? I am trying to keep in mind that it will be 90 degrees!

THANKS!
:mickey:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-03-2008, 11:32 PM
I'm not a parent but I am 23 and I dress up. A lot of adults dress up, even the ones who come without their children.

sillydisneymommy
07-03-2008, 11:51 PM
We have gone to MNSSHP for the last 2 years, and we go all out with our costumes for the whole family. In 2006, my sister, niece, and I went as Briar Rose, Belle, and Cinderella in their "pre-princess" clothes and the cast members really got a kick out of those costumes. Some of them even had us sign their autograph books as our characters. I would have to search to find those pictures, but I have links to our costumes from last year. My family went: as DH - Gepetto, me - the Blue Fairy, DS (1) - Jiminy Cricket (sleeping in picture), and DS (3) - Pinocchio. I made every piece of these costumes from hats to shoe covers, and it took me 4 months, but it was worth it.

My sister's family did Jack Sparrow, Giselle (the POTC one, not the princess!), Will Turner, and Elizabeth Swann. My sister made her dress, which came out fantastic, and neither of us have ever had any sewing instruction!:secret:

Here is a link to the pictures:

http://picasaweb.google.com/hagerweb/Intercot?authkey=1CbN5T951c0

The bottom line is that it is a really fun party :party:whether you dress up or not, and you will not feel out of place at all either way. Loads of adults dress up, from simple Halloween t-shirts, to very extravagant costumes. But do, definitely take the weather into account and try to make or buy costumes of very light material. We aren't going this year because I need a year off from costume design, but I hope you have a great time and good luck with the planning!:thumbsup:

bcornette
07-04-2008, 12:25 AM
My family went as the Ratatouille crew. My wife and I wore chef costumes to be Linguini and Collette, DS6 was Remy, and DD3 was Emile.
She walked around all night patting her belly saying "I'm a big fat rat".
It was great, my son really enjoyed it since the treat bags had him (Remy) on them. He got some extra special attention from CMs that night.
We won't ever forget it or go back not in costume to MNSSHP.

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
07-04-2008, 06:58 AM
Our daughters (who will be 3 and almost 2) are going as a dalmation (white shortalls and tank that i am sewing black spots to and a tail, and a white baseball hat that I will put black ears on) and a cheetah (DD has cheetah print t-shirt and shorts and Mickey ears that had a cheetah print) and I am sewing a tail.

My Mother and I are going as die hard Red Sox fans...

We are definatly taking the heat and humidity into account, but still want to have fun!

disneydeb
07-04-2008, 07:49 AM
Of Course! Itis definiely more fun that way. I'm 51 and was Intercot's Fairy Godmother last year at the meet!

Diznee4Me
07-04-2008, 08:38 AM
Yes the DW and I dressed when we went with ou DD. It makes it more fun. :mickey:

GrmGrninGost
07-04-2008, 11:51 AM
Absolutely! We always dress up for MNSSHP! It is great fun! It can be rather hot though! Take that into account when choosing a costume! :mickey:

TheRustyScupper
07-04-2008, 03:56 PM
1) I wanted to dress up one year.
2) Learned men said I was scary enough without a costume.