PDA

View Full Version : SeaWorld Aquatica HELP

thrillme
07-03-2008, 07:15 PM
We've been thinking about going to SeaWorld's Aquatica this summer. However I've been reading several traveler's reviews who were not really pleased with it.

Those reveiwing by the 7 and under seemed to like the park those older complained about it reaching capacity, long lines. The couple of big attractions (ie the dolphin slide) was not as exciting as expected because you go to fast.

I'm thinking about giving my family a down day instead...Any opionions?

I know if you prebuy your tickets you can get in as early as 8:00 but...

disneydeb
07-03-2008, 09:49 PM
I think Mikki went earlier this year just after it opened. If she doesn't see this thread maybe you can PM her and ask her opinion. I don't think she would have any opinions directly from a seven year old though unless it is Figaro and I don't think he cares for water.;)

merlinmagic4
07-03-2008, 11:20 PM
I can see where those people were coming from. It had a lot more to do for the younger kids. It had two main kiddie areas: one for younger kids and one of those multi-level water play areas for older kids. There are two wave pools with different size waves and two lazy rivers, one with rapids. My husband was not impressed with the lines for the major slides but they did a few. The whole park seems easier to access than TL (we haven't been to BB). It seemed the restrooms and food options were more accessible and not as far a walk.

I liked that the lazy rivers were short. There was one way on and one way off. You can keep going around as long as you want, but when you have had enough it's quick to get back to the exit. Although, don't try to go back once you have passed the exit; the current makes that really hard.

All in all, we would go again but if you have to go to great lengths to get there (i.e. taxi ride from WDW), I would stick with one of the Disney water parks. However, if you can easily get there I would consider giving it a try.

thrillme
07-04-2008, 09:03 AM
I guess my biggest interest is in the Dolphin slide and it seems to have a lazy river where you go into a tunnel surrounded by fish??? I know about the slide for sure but what about the tunnel?

I'm still interested in it but my family is starting to call for a "down day". Down Days consist of waking up late, getting breakfast, playing in the hotel pool and then heading downtown.

When I called about the ticket information to see what discounts we could get on having SeaWorld passes they said 50% off SeaWorld and NOTHING at Aquatica. Not a big deal but...

We will be doing Tyhpoon Lagoon fer shur...I've always liked that one.

merlinmagic4
07-04-2008, 11:04 AM
I guess my biggest interest is in the Dolphin slide and it seems to have a lazy river where you go into a tunnel surrounded by fish??? I know about the slide for sure but what about the tunnel?

We will be doing Tyhpoon Lagoon fer shur...I've always liked that one.

I would say if those two things are your main interests, you might want to pass. The "tunnel" is not really a tunnel at all. You're just passing under a glass wall and I think it's even only on one side. It's very small and short - that part was a disappointment. My DH and older kids didn't even get in line for the dolphin slide. We watched people go down (and could see the dolphins) and didn't think there was much chance of seeing anything as you flew through the tube.

As a whole, our experience was good but, honestly, TL is just as much fun.

thrillme
07-09-2008, 12:56 AM
The "tunnel" is not really a tunnel at all. You're just passing under a glass wall and I think it's even only on one side. It's very small and short - that part was a disappointment. My DH and older kids didn't even get in line for the dolphin slide. We watched people go down (and could see the dolphins) and didn't think there was much chance of seeing anything as you flew through the tube.

I'm surprised the tunnel was so short I figured it would be quite a site to see at least from the pictures. More reviews it's starting to scare me off a bit. I called and they recommended getting there really early to beat the lines. Since we'll be there later this month (July) I'm really getting concerned.

My DS LOVES playing golf...both my boys are leaning toward the down day...we will however hit Typhoon Lagoon.

I'm a little disappointed too that Aquatica is not offering any discounts to seaworld pass holders. OTHER SeaWorlds and Busch Gardens both offer 50% off. The lady I talked to said it was new and popular right now.

dlpmikki
07-14-2008, 08:39 AM
I didn't do any of the big rides when I was there but there are several spots you can view people going down the dolphin slide - I suspect you got a better view than the person on the ride. I liked the rapids river (but it wasn't consistent how fast it went on my two visits - the second time it seemed slower than the lazy river). The aquarium is a short offshoot of the lazy river - as others have said this was a big disappointment and I expected a lot more from the pictures. There is a big kids area which is very clever and adults are welcome to join in to - lots of water falling on you, rope ladders, slides etc.

It may be more worth a visit when the initial excitement has subsided and it has got more developed. I got a joint annual pass for it and Sea World so I will probably go again next trip. It was better landscaped than I expected but rides were a mix.

tys_mommy
07-31-2008, 01:56 PM
We plan to try this park out next month b/c it's included on our BG Williamsburg passes, I'll post our thoughts when we get back, DH & DS9 are adventurous while I'll probably stick to the kiddie section with DS2 and DD1. I've already warned DS9 of the lines and that the rides may not be exactly what he's imagining them to be.

Randypandy
08-26-2008, 03:15 AM
about the only thing i would recommend is getting there early. we went one time and they had just closed it because they were full and wouldn't open again till 3 or 4 in the afternoon but other then that it was fun. the only downside to aquatica is when it rains and thunders some of the restaurants close and put away all the food. all in all just be prepared for some rain.;)

thrillme
08-26-2008, 09:48 AM
We opted out of going to Aquatica. I'm kinda glad we did. We took a "down day" instead and went to Downtown Disney. We went and got breakfast (around 9:30-10:00) then headed downtown. On our way we passed by Aquatica. They had a road sign out front that announced it was FULL will reopen around 3:30. WOW.

Even though I really wanted to check it out I'm relieved we decided to blow it off. It looks like if you want to go you've GOT to get there really early.