PDA

View Full Version : Trying to be excited.....

r4kids
07-03-2008, 03:54 PM
We are planning a great trip in Jan (9-16). I am noticing alot of restrictions and removals lately. The removal of snacks on the dining plan, removal of tips included, and the app. Plus they removed the potatoes from Ohana, and now they are changing characters and dining ressies. I have to call back in Oct for the last 3 days of our trip instead of making them all at one time. All of this and it is still the same price to go. I feel a little let down right now. A little of magic goes each time something else is removed. Don't get me wrong change is good but it's not just changing it's taking away. Anyone else feel like this?

em-n-mia's-mommy
07-03-2008, 03:59 PM
I truly agree with you. The thing that bothers me most is the dining plan. I am sitting here wondering if the dining plan is even worth it without tip and appetizer. We take advantage of the appetizers and look forward to our sit down meals while we are there. If they are going to cut back on the dining plan then they need to cut back the price a little more. I am going to sit down and calculate it out but i am doubting it is even worth it to have the dining plan.

BMan62
07-03-2008, 04:14 PM
As much as I hate having things taken away, there are only two viable options: raise prices, or offer less for the same price. There is actually a third option, but it is not viable in a business sense: Don't change anything and take a loss on the package.

Now, how many people would complain more over higher prices? Since the dining plan offered excessive amounts of food, for TS meals, they decided to take the more expensive non-entree item out of the plan. Good business sense, poor people sense.

Character meals, on the other hand, have a larger cost basis - paying CMs for characters and handlers/security. Again, good business sense, poor people sense.

The dining options (potatoes at 'Ohana) are explained away as 'nutritional changes.' I don't know about that one.

All-in-all, WDW vacations are STILL some of the most cost effective, stress relieving vacations around. IMHO, of course.

elmjimmlm
07-03-2008, 04:24 PM
We are planning a great trip in Jan (9-16). I am noticing alot of restrictions and removals lately. The removal of snacks on the dining plan,

I dont understand about the snacks?
:confused:

Zippy 1
07-03-2008, 04:58 PM
When did they remove snacks from the Dining Plan?:confused:

VolMickey
07-03-2008, 04:59 PM
Hadn't heard that either. Booked only a week or two ago for later this month. What's the scoop (or lack thereof)? :confused:

KineGirl
07-03-2008, 05:05 PM
Maybe she is just talking about how some of the snacks that were on the DDP before are now not available. They still have snacks - single serve items under $4

dephenn
07-03-2008, 05:44 PM
I wish that they would have kept appetizers for TS meals and taken away desert for the CS meals instead. I'm not big on eating a brownie or a cookie after lunch anyway, especially when it's hot and muggy and there are still plenty of rides to go on. I haven't seen anything mentioning that snacks have been removed completely either, I hope they haven't.

r4kids
07-03-2008, 07:34 PM
I did mean to say certain snacks. SORRY :blush:
They removed the entire snack choices from the pastry shop in France. We really don't eat alot of dessert, we prefer an app to share or try something new or decide between an app or dessert. We are typically to full to eat a dessert. I know it is good business sense for them to cut back. But what is the reason? Are there less visitors? I really thought ALL the Hannah Montana, Jonas Brothers, Camp Rock and High School Musical stuff would keep them in business forever! Anyway just a little upset about the recent turn of things. Another poster also said they were changing characters for certain meals so that might be cool. Maybe some meals geared more towards boys. DS 10 may expire if he has to be at another princess meal. :mickey: