PDA

View Full Version : Park hours in January

tink179
07-03-2008, 12:01 PM
Does anyone know when park hours for January will be released? Our 180 days is coming in abt 3 weeks and I don't have any idea for planning ADR'S or for the BBB. Thanks! :mickey:

MickeyMomof2
07-03-2008, 02:17 PM
I don't know about the hours, but if your arrival date is Jan. 16 or later, you will have more time to prepare. For Jan. 16 and later, they will only take 180 day reservations for CRT, CM, and V&A. All other restaurants will be 90 day reservations. It is my understanding that they are changing this while they switch reservation systems.

r4kids
07-03-2008, 02:21 PM
I don't know about the hours, but if your arrival date is Jan. 16 or later, you will have more time to prepare. For Jan. 16 and later, they will only take 180 day reservations for CRT, CM, and V&A. All other restaurants will be 90 day reservations. It is my understanding that they are changing this while they switch reservation systems.

WHAT!!!? I haven't heard this.:confused: Where did you hear this? Oh no, this will change everything. We check in to WL the 9th then on the 16th we move to CSR. How do I do the dining then, 90 days out from the 16thfor the 2nd half of our vacation?

mickey&missy
07-03-2008, 02:37 PM
As these above posters stated Disney is changing their policy this month, apparently. I've seen some info floating about but nothing concrete. You'll most likely be able to make your adrs for late Jaunary in October. Except CRT, V&A and Chef Mickeys.

I'm waiting for the January hours. Our trip is planned January 2nd - 10th so we aren't affected by the change. I can make my ADR's Sunday! I'm not holding my breath for the hours before then. November hours were over a month late! I'm using historic hours based on day of the week and my best educated guess it try to figure it out!

Hayden's Dad
07-03-2008, 03:11 PM
We are planning Hayden's birthday trip for the 7-13 so our 189 call date is on July 11. I am making reservations for CRT and maybe a couple of others that I don't want to miss, but now that they have changed Garden Grilles character meal and LTT I have to reorganize the rest of our trip. Hopefully the January times will come out soon.

r4kids
07-03-2008, 03:56 PM
We are planning Hayden's birthday trip for the 7-13 so our 189 call date is on July 11. I am making reservations for CRT and maybe a couple of others that I don't want to miss, but now that they have changed Garden Grilles character meal and LTT I have to reorganize the rest of our trip. Hopefully the January times will come out soon.

Who are they replacing them with?

MickeyMomof2
07-03-2008, 04:12 PM
I don't know how your trip will be affected since it starts before the 16th, but this is from the UG website:

Advance Dining Reservation Window Changing to 90 Days Soon

Details have not yet been finalized, but Disney will begin transitioning to a new reservation system sometime in the late summer or early fall. As a result, Disney will only be accepting Advance Dining Reservations up to 90 days in advance starting around August 1.

The reservation window starts growing again once the move to the new reservation system is underway, and Disney expects to be back to the full 180-day window sometime in the fall of 2009.

We're told that this does not affect any existing reservations. We've also heard (but not confirmed) that Cinderella's Castle, Chef Mickey's and Victoria and Albert's will still have 180-day windows

RocknBev
07-03-2008, 04:22 PM
Oh my...I was so freaking out just now. Thinking that I couldn't make my ADR's next week. It is so crazy, I will be calling making my WDW ADR's on the way to the airport for my summer vacation. Is this crazy or what?

Hayden's Dad
07-03-2008, 04:52 PM
Who are they replacing them with?

Unfortunately nobody. The lunch option is going away from Garden Grill effective Jan 5 and the charcters are being removed from LTT dinner as of October.

MickeyMomof2
07-03-2008, 05:35 PM
Unfortunately nobody. The lunch option is going away from Garden Grill effective Jan 5 and the charcters are being removed from LTT dinner as of October.

I may be wrong, but I thought the GG was changing to dinner only in October and LTT was changing in January.

r4kids
07-03-2008, 07:37 PM

That is kinda sad. Is there a reason?

r4kids
07-03-2008, 07:40 PM
I don't know how your trip will be affected since it starts before the 16th, but this is from the UG website:

Advance Dining Reservation Window Changing to 90 Days Soon

Details have not yet been finalized, but Disney will begin transitioning to a new reservation system sometime in the late summer or early fall. As a result, Disney will only be accepting Advance Dining Reservations up to 90 days in advance starting around August 1.

The reservation window starts growing again once the move to the new reservation system is underway, and Disney expects to be back to the full 180-day window sometime in the fall of 2009.

We're told that this does not affect any existing reservations. We've also heard (but not confirmed) that Cinderella's Castle, Chef Mickey's and Victoria and Albert's will still have 180-day windows

Our trip starts at WL Jan 9-16 and then on the 16-22 we move to CSR. We have to call back for the last 3 days since you can only do 10 days of ressies but under the new system we have to call back in Oct for the last 3 days of dining.

tink179
07-03-2008, 08:22 PM
Thanks for all the info...especially for the 90 days! We'll be there from the 18th-26th. We are planning ressies for CRT for breakfast. The rest I guess will be part of the 90 days. Was the change to 90 days because of complaints of having to know so soon, the fact that people COULD make them that soon, or something else?

Dakota Rose
07-04-2008, 11:33 AM
Okay, I'm confused. We'll be at the 180 day mark on July 20. Does that mean I'll be able to make ADRs at that point or not?

r4kids
07-04-2008, 11:56 AM
What day do you check in? Is it after or on the 16th?

Dakota Rose
07-04-2008, 01:25 PM
Yes, we're checking in on the 19th.

r4kids
07-04-2008, 04:39 PM
Yes, we're checking in on the 19th.

Then I beliveve you have to wait until the 90 day mark. Unless your eating at CRT, Victioria and Albert and Chef Mickeys they are still 180 days. I am going to call Disney really quick.

r4kids
07-04-2008, 04:49 PM
I jusy got off the phone with a WONDERFUL CM and she HAS NOT heard this rumor or anything like it. She said make sure you call on the 180 day because this is not true. I would call and verify for your check in date.

Dakota Rose
07-05-2008, 12:56 PM
Thanks r4kids. I appreciate the help! :) These days my pregnant brain just needs simple facts presented in simple sentences. I can't process much!

r4kids
07-05-2008, 02:57 PM
Thanks r4kids. I appreciate the help! :) These days my pregnant brain just needs simple facts presented in simple sentences. I can't process much!

LOL I know the feeling! As you can see we have 4 kids our youngest being 5. Have fun!!! :mickey:

thumperbug
07-06-2008, 06:47 PM
I'm gonna be really bummed/irked if the ADR window is moved to 90 days rather then 180. It is going to cause mass chaos on the phone system for making the ADR's. I can see hundreds of people with phones on speed dial on the morning they go to make those ADR's. Hopefully its just a cruel rumor....

Dakota Rose
07-07-2008, 01:54 PM
Now if they'd just post the hours!!!!!!

Deesdisney
07-08-2008, 03:53 PM
Me too. I would love to see the hours for Jan. They are usually up by now. I am in the same boat. I would love to figure all the parks and adrs. I keep looking 3 to 4 times a day.

Dakota Rose
07-09-2008, 09:15 AM
Argh! :mad: I really hoped they'd be up this morning so I could finish my planning before baby girl arrives tomorrow.

disneyfankev
07-09-2008, 01:40 PM
still waiting

r4kids
07-09-2008, 02:16 PM
Using the hours from the past 2 years this is what we have come up with. Hopefully it is correct.

MK- EMH morning every Thursday
EMH evening every Sunday

AK- EMH morning every Monday
EMH evening every Wednesday

HS- EMH morning every Saturday
EMH evening every Tuesday

Epcot- EMH morning every Tuesday
EMH evening every Friday

Parades are as follows:

HS- 3pm Stars and Cars Parade every day
MK- 3pm Dreams Come True every day
AK- 4pm Jammin Jungle Parade every day

Fireworks:

Epcot- Illuminations 9pm every night
MK- Spectro most nights 7pm followed by wishes
HS- 7pm most nights with 8pm showings on the first Monday and 2nd and 3rd Tuesday (confusing)

I really hope this helps, this is what we used in determing our dining ressie times. Please let me know if I got something wrong!!

danicafan
07-09-2008, 05:32 PM
OMG, I can't believe they are chaning to 90 Day ADRs. Thankfully CM is still 180 days out as I am planning my 40th BDay Breakfast with my family & friends for the morning of the 22nd. I will be calling in on July 24th for that ADR and I will see what they say about CGF at 1900 Park Fare for dinner on the 21st (my last meal at age 39!).