PDA

View Full Version : 20th Anniversary: Dreams Come True - Day 5

Nascfan
07-02-2008, 07:38 PM
Day 5: Tuesday the 17th

Time for a break from the main parks and a water park day – Typhoon Lagoon.
We knew we didn’t have to get there really early like the regular parks, so it felt good to sleep in a tad, and still we got there just at opening time.
We rode Crush ‘n Gusher, the water coaster first. That was an excellent ride! To be shot up by water, what an adrenaline rush! Then we did the three body slides, one each time, and all the raft rides, knowing how things would back up later as more people came. And they did back up. Crush ‘n Gusher and the body slides were no wait, by the time we got to the last raft ride, the family ride, it was about a 15 minute wait.
Now it was time to swim with the sharks, something Lauren had really been looking forward to. I remembered last time I did this, many years ago, I had trouble catching my breath due to the cold water, so I was smart and got used to it slowly. Everything was going fine, slowly paddling along, until I think I turned to quickly to see something and whoosh, the mask filled with salt water. If you’ve never had this happen, it’s not pleasant. Fortunately, there was one of the lifeguards pretty much right there so I was able to hold on to his float as I dumped the water and adjusted the mask and continued on. The whole thing was a great experience though! A beautiful blue fish swam right by my shoulder at one point, and Lauren had a wonderful time.
Having the major attractions out of the way, we could enjoy the wave pool for awhile, and we did. We were in the shallows at one point though, when a big wave came and took Lauren off her feet and onto her back. Skin and rough bottoms don’t mix too well. As a precaution we got her to First Aid and they dabbed it with anthiseptic and put a band-aid on. None the worse for wear.
We fed our bellies lunch and took a two lap floating tour around the whole park in the lazy river, another thing I could stay on/in for a whole afternoon. We could see weather moving in though, and wanted to beat the crowds out if it did rain, and we were pretty much done anyways. So we went back home to shower off the chlorine and take our break.
This is where another first comes in to play. Spontaneity! We had an open evening since this was not a scheduled park day, so the girls thought they might like to try Fantasia Gardens, since we were doing Fantasia Fairways the next day. The Gardens was one Kathy really wanted to do anyway. So we hopped a bus to Studios and walked the path over to Swan and Dolphin and to Fantasia Gardens. This was a lot of fun! The holes were all beautifully themed and fun to putt on. We really took our time and just enjoyed a nice evening of miniature golf at a place we hadn’t been before, since we had done Winter/Summerland on previous visits. Imagine, just deciding to do something at WDW at the last minute! For planners like us, this was almost unheard of, and yet, a, come on, say it with me, A Dream Come True! :mickey:

Next: actual anniversary day! Horseback riding, the Kitchen Sink, Fantasia Fairways, and 1900 Park Faire.

MMouse6937
07-02-2008, 08:22 PM
Scott, sounds like a wonderful, relaxing day!! We love typhoon lagoon, so much fun. Crush n gusher was crazy fun...never thought you could do all of that with water!! Thanks again, looking forward to you anniversary day report!:thumbsup:

MauiMouse
07-02-2008, 09:23 PM
Scott, glad that you had a fantastic time at Typhoon Lagoon. We are going there for our first day in August, and I'm looking forward to checking everything out. :thumbsup:

tinkerbell04
07-02-2008, 10:21 PM
We love the mini golf there too! Sounds like you had another great day!

offwego
07-02-2008, 10:43 PM
Isn't Crush and Gusher fun? I'm so glad you enjoyed your mini put time as well.

Thanks for sharing this with us..it's been so much fun. :mickey:

Mickey'sGirl
07-03-2008, 08:53 AM
It must have been incredible to swim with the sharks! Sorry about Lauren's scrape --- it really does hurt. I love that you were able to do something spontaneous....and that you had so much fun doing so.... :mickey:

disneydrmr
07-03-2008, 09:14 AM
Wow! What a relaxing day! And sounds like a lot of fun! I'm hoping Mike don't find out about there being mini golf there or else I'll NEVER get into the parks! ha ha... keep your reports coming Scott! Even though we talked and you told me about your trip I LOVE reading about it!!!

dolphinmickey9170
07-03-2008, 04:38 PM
What a fun day. I had the same scrapes on my foot from the wave pool too. Thanks so much for sharing!!:mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
07-03-2008, 04:50 PM
How bold to go golfing on the the fly!! Sounds like you had a great time at the water park except for the skinned back. Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

pdrlkr
07-03-2008, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

faline
07-04-2008, 10:04 AM
Another terrific day for all of you (except for the pool mishap)!

Lizzie
07-05-2008, 02:55 PM
Yeaa for waterpark days. I love crush n gusher.