PDA

View Full Version : How are POP's beds?

special k
07-02-2008, 07:16 PM
I'm staying at the POP Century this September and have some back problems. I have a memory foam mattress at home. I'm just wondering what the mattresses are like, Has anyone had difficulty sleeping on them, or are they pretty nice? How are the pillows?

Thanks!

JoDisney
07-02-2008, 07:30 PM
The POP beds are terrible. We like everything else about this value resort, but even my son complains about the beds. We all have backaches when we wake up in the morning. We have to work out the aches.

Marceline
07-02-2008, 07:36 PM
They are too small. :down:

homeschool mom
07-02-2008, 07:44 PM
We have stayed at Pop our past 4 trips. I too have back problems and I've never had any trouble with my back or neck after sleeping in the beds there. I personally like the mattresses. However, the pillows are a bit large. I like to sleep with two pillows and they are too large to use 2 and not large enough for just 1. That's just my 2 cents for what it's worth. :mickey:

Taja
07-02-2008, 07:58 PM
Mattresses have been firm in my experience. Don't love the pillows, but they'll do in a pinch.

Even my BFF--who has a terrible time sleeping when away from home--sleeps well at Pop Century. And she usually favours a softer mattress! Could be she's just tired and really could sleep anywhere! :)

She does bring her own pillow, though.

Pop Centurion
07-02-2008, 09:38 PM
Mattresses are firm but not uncomfortable at all too me. I usually wake with a stiff back in my own bed but not on the pop mattresses.

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
07-02-2008, 10:45 PM
After a day at the park with both girls... I could sleep on a park bench... Seriously though.. I do have back and neck problems... and I was fine. I had mousekeeping bring about 5 extra pillows to elevate my legs... and I was fine.

MuchLovedMama
07-02-2008, 11:37 PM
I'm staying there in September as well & that's the only thing I'm dreading. I just had family members come back from there last week & that's what they were complaining about. Their one bed had a spring popping up out of it & their other bed had a broken foundation & the bed was slanted. They also complained about the beds being too small saying they'd roll over & knock stuff off the night stand & they're not big people. They ended up sleeping 1 adult & 1 child per bed just trying to get more room. I told them they should've complained & asked for a different room with the broken beds but they said the resort was maxed out & that they had no more rooms. Good luck to you.

BMan62
07-03-2008, 09:25 AM
Pop has moderately firm double beds with large, soft pillows.

I have double-curve scoliosis and do not have problems with the beds themselves. My problem is with the pillows - I have to bunch them up to get enough support.

DW and I sleep in separate beds there - we're used to California King at home.

KylesMom
07-03-2008, 09:44 AM
Their one bed had a spring popping up out of it & their other bed had a broken foundation & the bed was slanted. When I read this, I immediately wondered if they were put in the room that the Travel Channel showed the kids jumping on the bed with their shoes on a few months back!

Seriously, that's a shame. It's one thing to know you'll be sleeping in double beds, but it's quite another when they aren't maintained properly. :(

gnomelady
07-03-2008, 10:33 AM
The beds are double and I found them to be very comfortable and pillows were no problem. I am a light sleeper and I was surprised how comfortable I was.
I too got stressed about the beds and found I was worrying for nothing.
We all worry about what "might be" instead of focusing on the positive. Relax and enjoy your vacation.

gnomelady
07-03-2008, 10:43 AM
I reread one of the post and was surprised about reading the one about the springs were coming thru the mattress.I'm sure if the front desk knew this they would replace the mattress ASAP even if they did not have another room to move them too. I can't imagine Disney letting someone sleep on a spring poping thru. The beds are doubles and if you are use to a queen or king they are small you feel like you are on a twin.There is a night stand between the beds and it's close quarters. The rooms are small but it's a value. If space is an issue upgrade to a moderate. The room layout is the same.
Get on line and check out the square footage compair and see if it's worth an upgrade.

bruin1344
07-03-2008, 11:46 AM
i am not picky about firmness of mattress, the comfort of the mattresses were fine, the only negative is they are small for 2 people to sleep in

SoaringDisney
07-03-2008, 12:03 PM
The mattresses are really bad. I believe they will probably replace for you if you have too terrible of a time. I stayed for seven nights and my back hurt every single morning. Maybe I should have complained, but I was way too happy with all of Disney's other magic to complain. Good Luck!

SurferStitch
07-03-2008, 12:15 PM
We found the beds to be perfectly fine at Pop.

Mattresses were moderately firm, and quite comfy. Pillows were nice and big, and pretty fluffy. We never woke up sore or tired.

The beds are a full size mattress, which is plenty big enough for two normal sized adults. DH is 6' and average build, and I am 5'-4" and small to average build. We never had issues with knocking things over or hitting the wall/nightstand.

Nascfan
07-03-2008, 01:24 PM
They are very comfortable, firm but not too hard. We've been in many a hotel room where both of us wind up in the middle from a too soft mattress.
The beds are double size, so if you're used to a bigger queen or king, they may seem small to you, but they are not by definition small.
Enjoy!

special k
07-03-2008, 02:00 PM
Are the mattresses pillow tops? Do they have cushioning or are they pretty basic?

Also, how big are the kings? We requested a king...now I'm wondering if we most likely won't get one lol...

Thanks for all the other answers!

AdventurerKim
07-03-2008, 08:08 PM
I'd say the mattresses at POP are pretty basic as far as hotel mattresses go. We've had better mattresses in hotels in other places. The beds are too small for two people, and the pillows are too high which bother my neck sometimes. I find this to be true with most hotel pillows.

gnomelady
07-04-2008, 06:50 AM
The king beds are real king beds. I'm sure Disney will try and honor your request for a king. They are not the cheap low end plain old mattresses. Some plush padding but not so much it makes them too soft. I'd call them meduim in firmness. I ask them once what mattress they use and they told me "no turn" Serta, if that helps
The beds are doubles, sleeps 2 people .If you are use to having a larger bed or if someone takes up more of the bed
they will seem smaller.I'm sure Disney tries to put mattress and pillows in their rooms for the average person. There is no way they can satisfy everyone.
Try and read each opinion, see how many are "for" or "against" . If you get mostly positive feedback then go with it, if not stay somewhere else.
You might try and call the POP or go on line to get a map of the resort. The map will show you the room layout,rooms with king beds, connecting rooms etc. I have one of the map I got in April.
Go and have a good time

special k
07-04-2008, 06:34 PM
Thanks, that was really helpful!

LandFan
07-04-2008, 06:55 PM
The mattresses are really bad. I stayed for seven nights and my back hurt every single morning.Luck!

I agree. We love Pop but the beds kill me!