PDA

View Full Version : What are they going to do with the CBR guests with reservations?

BriarRose
07-02-2008, 05:41 PM
We will be arriving in October and staying at the CBR. If they are going to be starting a rehab this fall, when are they going to let us know?

KineGirl
07-02-2008, 05:46 PM
:mickey: They usually do the resorts in phases rather than the whole resort at once.

PetefromRI
07-02-2008, 06:14 PM
I didn't hear about a CBR refurb.I did hear about a CSR refurb starting in late Fall.

CAS
07-02-2008, 06:26 PM
CBR was just refurbbed a few years ago and it's currently getting a new main pool. Not sure if it's being refurbbed again in Oct as you state. I would assume not this soon after the last one...but who knows.

lovetheprincesses
07-02-2008, 06:45 PM
Any word on when the new pool will be ready?

TammiMcMan
07-02-2008, 07:05 PM
Any word on when the new pool will be ready?Last I heard, things were looking very good and they were hopeful to be finished by mid-September.

I've checked and don't see anything about a CBR renovation. As was previously posted, the CSR is due to begin renovations in October.

Gator
07-02-2008, 07:56 PM
It's crazy all the rumors floating around. I've heard and read by posters that CSR, CBR, and POFQ are being refurbished this fall. And I've heard nothing to confirm it from the more reliable WDW news sources. Gossip is sin, people - especially when connected with WDW.:blush:

brian2000boston
07-02-2008, 07:57 PM
I have read the pool may be done ahead of schedule. I also read that they are refurbing the rooms but it will be behind the scenes and shouldn't be noticed by the guests. We go mid September so I hope they are right!!

Figment!
07-02-2008, 09:23 PM
Construction permits have been filed to refurbish all of the rooms in the Caribbean Beach Resort except for the Trinidad South section. No dates have been announced.

See for Tidbits June 2008 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=135954) details.

It is unlikely Guests will be contacted, the refurbishment is mostly a "soft refurbishment" and should cause little to no disruption for Guests staying there during th work.

KAT1811
07-05-2008, 07:56 PM
In any case, whatever the resort or refurb, let Disney contact you. We booked POFQ September 2003 and they closed the resort for refurb during our expected stay. When I found out I called WDW reservations and the CM I spoke with told me to hold off rebooking and wait for WDW to contact me. I was so glad I did. When they finally contacted me they offered me any resort on property for about $30 more a night (we had two rooms booked and the same applied to both rooms). Whenever Disney uproots guests due to a rehab or refurb they typically make the guests a pretty good offer. Good luck!