PDA

View Full Version : Will you fly less now?

caryrae
07-02-2008, 01:41 PM
With the problems with Air Travel these days will you fly as much as you did before or about the same or not at all? Maybe you just can't travel as much as before.

Scar
07-02-2008, 02:29 PM
I will fly the same amount as I always have.

Which is almost never. ;)

amd780
07-02-2008, 02:50 PM
I'm a fearful flyer, so I'm always looking for an excuse not to fly. Lately, with all the air travel problems, it's become even more of a hassle...so there you have it! :) DH and I both have family up in the Northeast, and we'll probably drive on most of our trips up north.

Daisy'sMom
07-02-2008, 03:13 PM
No matter what we do, the prices are going to hurt. Filling up the tank makes me sick. We go visit family so instead of paying for baggage, we might send the clothes ahead by UPS and pick up essentials when we get there. :shake:

Ian
07-02-2008, 03:18 PM
No change. We'll fly just like we always have and as often as we always have.

Jen C.
07-02-2008, 03:40 PM
No change for us either. Air travel is still our preferred method of long distance travel.

RAIDER
07-02-2008, 04:29 PM
Wont change our habits ..so NO CHANGE :thumbsup:

Here we go again...
07-02-2008, 04:40 PM
No change for me.
When you as about trouble, are you refering to gas prices or flight cancelations?

I try to fly Southwest when ever I can. I have never had any problems... I just booked our flights for Thanksgiving in Disney and got round trip tickets for about $250 per person. That is no more than I payed before at that time.

As far as problems go... I just take it one day at a time. If things can for wrong for me they will. I have learned to go with the flow.

d_m_n_n
07-02-2008, 05:37 PM
I voted for fly less, drive more. I was soooo not looking forward to our last trip because DH said we were not going to fly. Actually, it kinda turned out to be fun! The 16 hours went pretty quickly and the boys did GREAT!!! I didn't miss the rushing to the airport, the hassle (DH's name is on the No Fly list :shake: ) and just always feeling rushed the first day/constantly checking my watch the last day. For a really, really long trip I will insist on flying, but just to WDW I think my preferred method is the :car:!

Dragongirlx
07-03-2008, 04:07 AM
we fly once a year to disney world and back so we won't be changing our plans as their is no other way for us to get there

comicguy
07-03-2008, 09:01 AM
For us we fly once a year to WDW so I see us flying about the same (unless prices get super obscene like 500 per person).

alphamommy
07-03-2008, 12:44 PM
I said I'd fly about the same amount, but I haven't flown in 2.5 years anyway. We did a driving vacation last year, and have one planned for this year, too.

I've been having a funny feeling about flying lately, anyway. I have never liked it in the first place, so all the issues with price, baggage restrictions, etc., make it less attractive than ever.

I know we will still fly (WDW, Grand Canyon, Germany), but I'm not sad to miss out on the hassle for this year's vacation.

SgtTigger
07-03-2008, 08:59 PM
I am the OTHER vote.......

You see I DONT FLY.............. :shake:

SO for me it is other........... :laughing:

:cop: :tigger:

thrillme
07-04-2008, 09:10 AM
LOVE to fly...hate the prices.

It's good to see people still flying. It's just becoming cheaper for us to drive. If it's just two of us...Flying becomes the better bargin...HOWEVER...now that I'm married and there's THREE of us...driving outweighs cost (sometimes). Flying to Florida or Las Vegas still seems to catch some reasonable deals...driving otherwise...

We normally go skiing in Lake Tahoe however...lately things have gotten out of hand so we're changing our plans and going skiing in New Mexico (about 12 hours) instead.