PDA

View Full Version : New Rides

Lizzie
07-02-2008, 01:30 PM
Our next trip isn't planned until Sept 2011 was wondering if there were any new rides or attractions being planned to be built by then.

TheRustyScupper
07-02-2008, 02:24 PM
Probably.

Imagineer1981
07-02-2008, 04:05 PM
well the new downtown disney will be up and running...thats for sure

GrumpyFan
07-02-2008, 06:28 PM
While there are several rumored projects supposedly in the works, (Star Tours 2, Space Mountain 2, Test Track 2), nothing new has been announced or to be in the works right now other than American Idol Experience at DHS. Stay tuned, you never know what will happen next.

A Foolish Mortal
07-06-2008, 04:45 PM
There's bound to be something announced by them... some new E-Ticket for MK, I'm guessing.

Zone Stop
07-06-2008, 08:41 PM
... Test Track 2 ...

eh?

TheRustyScupper
07-07-2008, 09:38 AM
. . . Test Track 2 . . .

The parking lot after Illuminations.

lockedoutlogic
07-07-2008, 10:44 AM
I read about test track 2....

it involves 4 wrecking balls demolishing it at high speeds.....through tight, hair-raising turns

Wells
07-07-2008, 11:03 AM
There are rumors of a new "Little Mermaid" E-ride being built for DCA with a duplicate for MK. This will supposedly be a ride thru similar to the virtual ride that was included on the Little Mermaid special edition DVD, although no reliable information is available on when this project will be started or completed....

lockedoutlogic
07-07-2008, 11:20 AM
i pointed this out on the PI thread a couple of days ago....

can anyone remember the last time that no attractions were in the announcement/construction phase at WDW?

after midway opened (which i hear is awesome and clearly a draining endeavour on WDI).....they currently have not a thing being built.....

no updates.....no additions.....no magic carpets of aladdin....no new film for france.....no new shows being rehearsed.....nothing.....

it's been along while since this were true.....as even though their additions have slowed since the mid-90's......there was always "something" going on....if even only ride rehash from other parks....or a generic spinner

i would expect an announcement by october for at least 1 new signifcant attraction....possibly some other smaller additions as well.....

if not....then Iger is not staying on top of it and pushing strengthening of parks....as he has stated publically again and again

A Foolish Mortal
07-07-2008, 02:18 PM
Well, Disney is working on the Downtown Disney thing, so maybe that is the 'attraction' they are working on.

Also, don't forget about American Idol.

lockedoutlogic
07-07-2008, 02:31 PM
Well, Disney is working on the Downtown Disney thing, so maybe that is the 'attraction' they are working on.

Also, don't forget about American Idol.

at this time...downtown's renovations are only retail and food and bev.....which disney has going on all over the place.....

the american idol thing.....i don't consider to be worth mentioning.....

it is the kind of silly drivel that has now dominated our entertainment.....it is not disney....it's fox....which is the anti-disney.....and it will be no more interesting than the who wants to be a millionaire debaucle....in my estimation....

american idol can't go on forever....it's had a great run......but is essentially the same thing every year.......even those that can't get over it will begin to fade away....and soon....

A Foolish Mortal
07-07-2008, 05:33 PM
Well, most things eventually lose their popularity, but I think the chance to be a 'contestant' on American Idol will be enough to make that attraction hugely popular.

Lightning McQueen
07-08-2008, 08:56 AM
no updates.....no additions.....no magic carpets of aladdin....no new film for france.....no new shows being rehearsed.....nothing.....

...if even only ride rehash from other parks....or a generic spinner

A new show isn't "worthy" of being mentioned, but a generic spinner is? :confused:

lockedoutlogic
07-08-2008, 09:22 AM
A new show isn't "worthy" of being mentioned, but a generic spinner is? :confused:

i'm not one to tout the merits of american idol.....mainly because i see none....

but if you want that one....i'll give you that one....

still need something else to wet my whistle for progress

big blue and hairy
07-08-2008, 10:19 AM
i'm not one to tout the merits of american idol.....mainly because i see none....

but if you want that one....i'll give you that one....

You just want to be Simon....:D

:sulley:

RBrooksC
07-08-2008, 12:00 PM
American Idol Experience at DHS

Why did I just get a chill as if the devil himself presented this idea to me?

I would react to this attraction as some people would react to RNRC. Cold sweats... You all can go, I think I will actually go shopping...

lockedoutlogic
07-08-2008, 02:20 PM
Why did I just get a chill as if the devil himself presented this idea to me?

I would react to this attraction as some people would react to RNRC. Cold sweats... You all can go, I think I will actually go shopping...

it's embarassing......i agree

Lightning McQueen
07-08-2008, 03:06 PM

Me too. I'm hoping for something exciting out of sound stage 1.

HeyMrsL!ItsThisGuy!
07-08-2008, 11:27 PM
call me a purist but i wish they had stuck to Walt's original concept in which Walt Disney World and Disneyland were completely different worlds not effected by the outside world.

This means all original stuff. All the time.

No Mickey D's fries in the parks, no coca cola logos everywhere I turn, and DEFINITELY NO AMERICAN IDOL! :mad:

WDWHart
07-09-2008, 01:07 AM
American Idol is not an attraction it is a place to get in the AC. I have no plans to ever enter this building, unless DW says I have to, then it will be to just watch over DS1.5!:blush:

I would be very surprised if they did not announce a major ride in the next 6 months or like lockedoutlogic said Iger is not stepping up to the Plate!!:thedolls:

RBrooksC
07-09-2008, 08:30 AM
call me a purist but i wish they had stuck to Walt's original concept in which Walt Disney World and Disneyland were completely different worlds not effected by the outside world.

No Mickey D's fries in the parks, no coca cola logos everywhere I turn, and DEFINITELY NO AMERICAN IDOL! :mad:

That is almost impossible to do especially in today's world. Back in the 50s and 60s, it was easier to do but today, everything is interrelated with pop culture.

Also, money is what drives everything and things cost so much now that advertising dollars go a long way in keeping the parks updated and ticket prices from going even higher than they are now.

People want things related to the "outside world." So, one is always going to get things of that nature.

big blue and hairy
07-09-2008, 10:48 AM
I'm not really sure what I think of American Idol at DHS, but I need to point something out.

Does this mean then, that you're in favor of removing Indiana Jones, Star Wars, The Great Movie Ride. Muppetvision (before Disney bought them), and Pooh?

HeyMrsL!ItsThisGuy!
07-09-2008, 03:25 PM
wowee- i suppose you've got me there, lol

i'm just curious as to what the parks wouldve turned out like is all....

and a teensy bit angry about American idol...

GrumpyFan
07-09-2008, 05:31 PM
Can we stop with the bashing of the American Idol attraction? The attraction hasn't even seen it's first guest, and some of us are bashing it because of what we perceive it will be. Let's just be grateful they're building something new. Then once it opens, and we've been thru it, offer up a review.

big blue and hairy
07-09-2008, 05:39 PM
wowee- i suppose you've got me there, lol

i'm just curious as to what the parks wouldve turned out like is all....

and a teensy bit angry about American idol...

Although I watch the show, I'm not sure what I think of it yet, but I'm sure of one thing it'll be better the Sounds Dangerous!

lockedoutlogic
07-09-2008, 07:52 PM
Can we stop with the bashing of the American Idol attraction? The attraction hasn't even seen it's first guest, and some of us are bashing it because of what we perceive it will be. Let's just be grateful they're building something new. Then once it opens, and we've been thru it, offer up a review.

american idol is one of the worst things to ever be put on TV.....

granted that's my opinion....but that's kinda what we do here.....

i'm sure that i'll probably go to the show when it opens and it might be done well....but american idol isn't what i want in disney.....that's the bottomline

morebroccoli
07-10-2008, 10:50 PM
The parking lot after Illuminations.

hahahahahaha! i had to log in just to laugh at that IN WRITING!