PDA

View Full Version : 'Cereality' cereal restaurant!

Minnie Imagineer
07-02-2008, 11:53 AM
'Cereality' is the name is a cereal inspired restaurant. It has two location: Philly and Arizona (ASU). You can custom make your cereal here to be anything!! They take a cereal (they have over 30 types) and mix in anything toppings from nuts to malted milk balls to caramel sauce! Afer this you go to the milk machine and put in the kind of milk you like. Doesn't this sound awesome?! If you get a custom creation you can even design your own cereal box! I saw this on a tv show (unwrapped). Since I live near Philly I really want to try it out-but has anyone been to this restaurant? Is it a waste of time or a great experience? I think wdw should add one of these restaurants to the parks!
So this got me thinking: what kind of cereal would I make? I normally eat my fav cereal, raiain bran!, dry. But if I went to this place I would get Cinnamon Toast Crunch with chocolate chips and marshmallows with chocolate sauce mixed in (i'm a big fans of smores!)
What combination would you get? Cereality also makes oatmeal if you prefer that! :D

Marilyn Michetti
07-02-2008, 01:54 PM
I just googled it since it's just a few miles from where I live (Arizona), and they're serious about it being a viable chain. Although I think $4.00 is a bit for a bowl of cereal, it probably beats dorm food.:shrug:

Crystal Palace
07-02-2008, 02:30 PM
Hey, thanks for the info. What a cute idea! Did you read that the employees wear pajamas? Too adorable!

I agree that WDW should have one in Downtown Disney. They would get so much business.

DisneyDog
07-02-2008, 02:39 PM
I've seen the one in Philly. It on the campus of the University of Pennsylvania. I guess it's been there for quite a few years now, since I haven't been there in over 6 years. I've never eaten there, though. I should take my DS there. He would probably love it.

J9
07-02-2008, 02:59 PM
I think it's on Penn's campus. (or maybe Drexel - I forget which)

I know my brother's eaten there before and thinks its the greatest thing ever!

pink
07-02-2008, 07:26 PM
I've never heard of this before, it's such an original idea. I hope I can check it out one day when I'm over there. :mickey:

brewcrew26
07-03-2008, 08:27 PM
There's also one in Chicago near Michigan Ave and Wacker Drive. It's amazing! I wrote a story about it. I enjoyed my lucky charms mixed with cocoa puffs and flavored milk. And how can you go wrong with people in their PJs and cartoons???

Here you go...

http://www.mkeonline.com/story.asp?id=1391557

Sidenote: This publication is going away next week due to slow ad sales, but enjoy this article from a few year's ago...

Kairi_7378
07-03-2008, 10:01 PM
I think it's on Penn's campus. (or maybe Drexel - I forget which)

I know my brother's eaten there before and thinks its the greatest thing ever!

Drexel grad student here... It's on Penn's campus.

tinksmom02
07-03-2008, 11:32 PM
There was a Cereality kiosk at the terminal at Newark when we were flying to Disney last Sept. I don't remember what terminal it was, but we flew JetBlue. We didn't eat there, though...DH wanted "real" breakfast food. Which is strange because he's up all hours of the night eating...cereal. :confused:

laughingplace<3
07-04-2008, 12:04 AM
There was a Cereality kiosk at the terminal at Newark when we were flying to Disney last Sept. I don't remember what terminal it was, but we flew JetBlue. We didn't eat there, though...DH wanted "real" breakfast food. Which is strange because he's up all hours of the night eating...cereal. :confused:

Newark, NJ? I'm going to have to look for it, I'm flying out of that airport, JetBlue, in about 10 days!

smatterchu
07-04-2008, 11:01 AM
Well, folks, we know what to do... I agree that this would be AWESOME at the 'new' DTD area that they are planning...

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040
[email protected] ([email protected])

This would be a great themed location - day or night. I love the pajamas and the atmosphere. I also saw the Unwrapped episode and about flipped...

It would be a wonderful addition to WDW! :mickey: