PDA

View Full Version : using disney visa rewards for annual passes??

threeh
07-02-2008, 10:36 AM
Howdy!!!
I am in the process of paying for my DVC points (yay!!) and I am paying for it outright (not a mortgage) so I was thinking to use my disney visa to pay and then pay that. Would I then really get 1500 reward points?? I looked on the disney visa site and didn't see a limit to how many you can get or use?? I was going to use those reward points to get our AP's. Is this possible or is there a loop hole I'm missing??
Thanks disney guru's!!!:mickey:

tmosier
07-02-2008, 11:31 AM
I'm pretty sure that Disney Visa has recently done away with the 750 points-a-year limit. Which is a good thing for you because now you should have enough points to get your AP's for free!! Sure hope what I've told you is correct. :mickey:

faline
07-02-2008, 12:23 PM
I just ordered annual passes this week and used Disney Visa rewards to pay for part of the cost.

Ruprect
07-02-2008, 01:13 PM
Howdy!!!
I am in the process of paying for my DVC points (yay!!) and I am paying for it outright (not a mortgage) so I was thinking to use my disney visa to pay and then pay that. Would I then really get 1500 reward points?? I looked on the disney visa site and didn't see a limit to how many you can get or use?? I was going to use those reward points to get our AP's. Is this possible or is there a loop hole I'm missing??
Thanks disney guru's!!!:mickey:

Are you getting better than the 1% rewards dollars that I am getting? or are you able to put $150,000 on your Visa? or am I having a really bad math day? :confused::confused:

KylesMom
07-02-2008, 01:31 PM
Are you getting better than the 1% rewards dollars that I am getting? or are you able to put $150,000 on your Visa? or am I having a really bad math day? No bad math day, that's what the purchase price would be for a $1,500 reward. That's quite a credit limit!

To the original poster: You might want to check out any specials Chase & Disney are running right now. I received an e-mail on June 19th with a special for Disney Cardholders to receive $500 Disney Rewards Bonus points with a DVC purchase. The offer expires 9/15/08. The phone number to call is 888-627-3479. You must provide your member number (not card number), which will be on your Disney Visa statement. As Linda mentioned, you can pay for your A/Ps via Disney Rewards, but if you're a DVC member make sure you purchase your tickets through Member Services to get your discount. Tmosier is correct, they recently took off the cap on the number of reward dollars you could earn per year.

Good luck! :mickey:

threeh
07-02-2008, 01:38 PM
duh, i am doing the math wrong, i guess it's only 150 points. oh well. See I figured 1500 was too good to be true for 15,000$
Thanks for the info!!!

brownie
07-02-2008, 02:12 PM
I believe you are limited to earning a total of 750 reward dollars a year.

KylesMom
07-02-2008, 02:34 PM
I believe you are limited to earning a total of 750 reward dollars a year.
Nope, they recently removed this restriction. Directly from the Rewards site:

Q: Is there a limit to the number of reward dollars I can earn?
A: There is no limit to the number of DDRDs you can earn in this program.